Forum Settings
Forums

The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v2

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2016 8:58 AM
Jan 2016
I'm looking for a manga where a girl is assigned to be a manager or something like that to a guy who makes ecchi/hentai manga
Mar 20, 2016 9:26 AM
Mar 2016
Currently looking for a manga where a woman divorces her husband and in between her drinking and bouts of introspection, an old female acquaintance comes back into her life. I'm pretty sure the friend even saves her from killing herself. The two have problems of their own but they find solace and support in each other because of the fact.
Mar 20, 2016 12:43 PM

Mar 2012
TandooriPapi said:
Currently looking for a manga where a woman divorces her husband and in between her drinking and bouts of introspection, an old female acquaintance comes back into her life. I'm pretty sure the friend even saves her from killing herself. The two have problems of their own but they find solace and support in each other because of the fact.

could it be Gunjou? haven't read it yet though

Mar 20, 2016 11:02 PM
Jan 2016
Looking for a manga where a boy fills in his twin sisters position as princess because the real girl died. She was assassinated .
Mar 21, 2016 3:30 AM

Feb 2016
i know i ask a lot and give so little details but an anime intro has stuck in my mind which starts with "Look at/up at the sky". if anyone knows anything i would appreciate it! :)
This world is just a shitty game...
Mar 21, 2016 4:45 AM
Jul 2018
Hanna118 said:
Looking for a manga where a boy fills in his twin sisters position as princess because the real girl died. She was assassinated .

Shōnen Ōjo is like that.
Mar 21, 2016 2:59 PM
Mar 2016
_sakuJo_ said:
TandooriPapi said:

could it be Gunjou? haven't read it yet though

You are a scholar! Thank you!
Mar 21, 2016 7:01 PM

Apr 2009
Hanna118 said:
I'm looking for a manga where a girl is assigned to be a manager or something like that to a guy who makes ecchi/hentai manga

http://myanimelist.net/manga/11294/Mangaka-san_to_Assistant-san_to ?

Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀ sᴋʏ ʟᴏᴄᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴊᴀʀ
ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀ ɢᴀʟᴀxʏ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I'ᴍ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ
sᴛᴀʀ.
Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀs ᴀs ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ sᴏᴏɴ ᴘᴇʀɪsʜ,
ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴜᴛᴜᴍɴ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs, sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ sʜᴀʟʟ
ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴇʀɪsʜ.

Mar 21, 2016 9:11 PM
Apr 2014
Any ideas what manga is this?

MC inherited a rare gun from his father. At some point he had to flee from an unknown group which seem to take an interest of the gun/himself for whatever reason. The next thing I remember is that he's on a ship and had to fight those guys cuz they're harassing a girl that looked like Yoruichi (Bleach).
Mar 21, 2016 10:38 PM
Mar 2016
I need a bit of help:: I can remember rough outline of manga but not title

It is about 2 students who pick school due to its rep but by the time they enroll it has well... Tired of being overlooked, plain, and ignored they do a makeover into their idols from a movie or something who happen to be yakuza and begin to set things in school straight. I also remember because 2 main are boy and girl with sim name
Mar 21, 2016 10:38 PM
Mar 2016

It is about 2 students who pick school due to its rep but by the time they enroll it has well... Tired of being overlooked, plain, and ignored they do a makeover into their idols from a movie or something who happen to be yakuza and begin to set things in school straight. I also remember because 2 main are boy and girl with sim name
Mar 21, 2016 10:41 PM
Mar 2016
My comp is acting weird oh well didn't think it had posted. Sigh
Mar 22, 2016 4:26 AM
Jul 2015
Maka said:
Gore warning

Thank you in advance!

The title is Gleipnir. :)
Mar 22, 2016 5:32 AM

Jul 2015
VeritasTempest said:

Probably this one - Pika☆Ichi
Mar 22, 2016 12:54 PM
Mar 2016
sztinky said:
VeritasTempest said:

Probably this one - Pika☆Ichi

Yeah Pika Ichi was right don't know why I couldn't remember title. Now I just wish it had more chapters. Oh well
Mar 22, 2016 1:31 PM

Sep 2012
Does anyone recognize this? Is this manga, anime or someone's art?

EDIT: I did some more research and and it kinda agrees with my initial thought (that it's Shintaro from Mekakucity actors / Kagerou daze) and now I need someone to convince me that it isn't him hahah (please orz)
WinnDixieX3Mar 22, 2016 1:49 PM
Mar 23, 2016 7:31 PM

Oct 2014
Celesstial said:
L>F name of this one shot.
It started with this good for nothing boy that wants to confess his love to the girl he likes, but only sent her a letter in her shoe locker. I dont remember if he got rejected or w.e. The girl's friend knows he likes her friend decides to help him and tells him to basically man up. At the end the guy decides to man up and work really hard, and becomes famous. Later on he decides to confess to the girl's friend. At the end he ends up with her.

If you can find this one shot many thanks... x.x

I dunno if you're dead or not, but this is probably it. http://myanimelist.net/manga/78773/Henshin_Ganbou

Now I know what you meant by "good for nothing".😁 Sample page:
Mar 23, 2016 9:49 PM
Jun 2012
Can someone please tell me which manga this picture is from? Thank-you in advance.

http://sann.animea.net/7246%2F1_1_VUKTD%2F1-ZOXHF.jpg
Mar 23, 2016 10:59 PM

Apr 2013
RisaHoshina said:
Can someone please tell me which manga this picture is from? Thank-you in advance.

http://sann.animea.net/7246%2F1_1_VUKTD%2F1-ZOXHF.jpg

Is it this?

That's what "search google for image" says
Mar 23, 2016 11:36 PM
Mar 2016
Mar 24, 2016 2:20 AM

Jun 2013
WinnDixieX3 said:

EDIT: I did some more research and and it kinda agrees with my initial thought (that it's Shintaro from Mekakucity actors / Kagerou daze) and now I need someone to convince me that it isn't him hahah (please orz)

It's definetly him xd But you can always try reading the manga or watching the anime based on The Kagerou Project.
Mar 24, 2016 3:03 AM

Oct 2015
Viz said:

MC inherited a rare gun from his father. At some point he had to flee from an unknown group which seem to take an interest of the gun/himself for whatever reason. The next thing I remember is that he's on a ship and had to fight those guys cuz they're harassing a girl that looked like Yoruichi (Bleach).

Maybe this? o.o Clockwork
Mar 24, 2016 6:54 AM
Mar 2016
There was this manga that I read a long time ago. It was set in a fantasy world where the MC has to kill monsters, and then some lady will burn his "level" onto his neck. He was able to synthesize the weapons of his brother and brother's friends after they died saving him. And he was able to work for like 7 days and then would sleep for 1 day. Thank you!!

edit:
maybe it's just that no one has read this manga lol but I remembered some more stuff so I'll just list out everything I can remember

- MC was saved by brother and brothers friends when he was young, they then like donated their life force to him (donated probably not right word but MC was saved
- all monster buster ppl have tattoos of their level somewhere on body
- MC can synthesize weapons of all brothers friends since he has their spirits in him (his brothers weapon was a winged sword, and the first weapon he could use was this shield that could turn into a ball chain flail thing)
- MC will stay awake for like 7 days (can't remember the exact number) but then abruptly fall asleep for one day exactly
- it's one of those adventure stories where the MC progresses from being seen as trashy to being OP
- he has a female childhood friend who travels with him (I think that she might use a spear but only like 40% sure) and MC saved her from monster boss at beginning of series
- another weapon was a gun that didn't have bullets but just compressed the air. the gun could transform from like a pistol sized to a huge sniper gun thing (very technical I know)

thank you again i don't really think that many people have read it :p

ryn888Mar 26, 2016 9:02 PM
Mar 24, 2016 6:59 AM

Jan 2012
Ignatia said:
Viz said:

Or possibly this one Outlaw Star. I'm not quite sure if he receives a gun from his father, but his gun is considered an antique. Add that up to the lookalike Yoruichi this might possibly be what you're looking for. The only problem is that the 'ship' is in space.
Mar 24, 2016 7:42 AM

Sep 2012
Spurgiukas5 said:
WinnDixieX3 said:

It's definetly him xd But you can always try reading the manga or watching the anime based on The Kagerou Project.

Aw maan :/
Don't get me wrong, I was hoping that it's someone else just because I watched the anime already (and thought it was pretty cool) and have started reading manga (although translations seem a bit slow) so I was hoping I'd have another material to read/watch haha
Mar 24, 2016 1:27 PM

Oct 2014
FlamingMangos said:
Does anyone know what manga this is from? I believe it's a non hentai manga. http://lovelyyobichan.tumblr.com/post/141295816298

Title: Ore no Himekutsu o Haite Kure "Put on my Princess Shoes"
Author: Suga Atsushi
Mar 24, 2016 2:27 PM
Feb 2016
Pls tell the name of manga
There was boy who went to a island and was declared some dragon god and 3 women used to serve him they were maidens of water ,air,fire and yes there was teacher with small hieght and was funny
Mar 24, 2016 2:29 PM
Feb 2016
There was boy who went to a island and was declared some dragon god and 3 women used to serve him they were maidens of water ,air,fire and yes there was teacher with small hieght and was funny
Mar 24, 2016 3:13 PM

Oct 2015
qwerty_rocks said:

Maybe this XD Umi no Misaki
Mar 24, 2016 8:18 PM

Oct 2014

It's from this: http://myanimelist.net/manga/81367/Mai_Ball
Specifically chapter 29 page 8.

Someone else had found it before me on the VN forum, a real pain to translate with so many emoticons on their forum.
Mar 24, 2016 9:13 PM
Mar 2016
Looking for a Manga that involves the main characters waking up in a purgatory like dimension where they are forced to eat their own body every few hours else they suffer extreme unbearable hunger pains. The dimensional rooms contain tons of knives for residents in the dimension to easily chop off their own parts to consume, and the part chopped off and consumed returns.

If anyone could provide the name of this manga, would be appreciated.
Mar 24, 2016 9:25 PM
Feb 2016
Ignatia said:
qwerty_rocks said:

Maybe this XD Umi no Misaki

thank you u really helped a lot
Mar 25, 2016 12:01 AM

Sep 2014
Disevve said:
Looking for a Manga that involves the main characters waking up in a purgatory like dimension where they are forced to eat their own body every few hours else they suffer extreme unbearable hunger pains. The dimensional rooms contain tons of knives for residents in the dimension to easily chop off their own parts to consume, and the part chopped off and consumed returns.

If anyone could provide the name of this manga, would be appreciated.

I believe you are searching for the manhwa ,,World of Law and Order''.
Mar 25, 2016 6:52 AM

Nov 2009
Mar 25, 2016 7:54 AM

Oct 2014
Takana_no_Hana said:
http://imgur.com/z66XXvr (NSFW)
uhm might I ask what manga is this?

Zecchou Yokkyuu
Artist: Mikami Cannon
Mar 25, 2016 1:45 PM
Apr 2015
I would like a yuri manga that has a main male character. Like the main female character is in a relationship with a women but starts having feelings for the main male character. I don't want it the other way around!! Some sexual scenes is fine but hentai is a no. Something with a decent plot.

For example, in Haru yo Koi, although the female lead is at first portrayed to be a lesbian in relationship with the main character's sister, she gradually falls in love with the main male character. Something like that.
Djwhat5
Mar 25, 2016 2:15 PM

Apr 2013
djwhat5 said:
I would like a yuri manga that has a main male character. Like the main female character is in a relationship with a women but starts having feelings for the main male character. I don't want it the other way around!! Some sexual scenes is fine but hentai is a no. Something with a decent plot.

For example, in Haru yo Koi, although the female lead is at first portrayed to be a lesbian in relationship with the main character's sister, she gradually falls in love with the main male character. Something like that.

I think this board is what you're looking for.. :) Anime & Manga Recommendations
Mar 25, 2016 2:52 PM
Jul 2018
djwhat5 said:
I would like a yuri manga that has a main male character. Like the main female character is in a relationship with a women but starts having feelings for the main male character.

Sorry to butthurt…
But what you describe isn't a yuri. In a yuri, what matters the most is the intimate relationship between female characters.
A yuri can have a male-love interest, it can even have a male MC in a very rare configuration, but in anyways, what is meaningful is the sentiments shared between women, it is the center of a yuri work. A story centered on a woman, even in a lesbian relationship, falling in love with a guy, isn't a yuri, by definition.

Mars no Kiss is an example of how a real yuri deals with an heterosexual ending. But it is not what you are looking for, obviously. へへ

What you search is an anti-yuri, in fact. :)
An heterosexual romance with a bisexual girl.
Mar 25, 2016 3:15 PM
Apr 2015
lady_freyja said:
djwhat5 said:
I would like a yuri manga that has a main male character. Like the main female character is in a relationship with a women but starts having feelings for the main male character.

Sorry to butthurt…
But what you describe isn't a yuri. In a yuri, what matters the most is the intimate relationship between female characters.
A yuri can have a male-love interest, it can even have a male MC in a very rare configuration, but in anyways, what is meaningful is the sentiments shared between women, it is the center of a yuri work. A story centered on a woman, even in a lesbian relationship, falling in love with a guy, isn't a yuri, by definition.

Mars no Kiss is an example of how a real yuri deals with an heterosexual ending. But it is not what you are looking for, obviously. へへ

What you search is an anti-yuri, in fact. :)
An heterosexual romance with a bisexual girl.

:o Lol no butthurt. Thank you for correcting me. I'm in the wrong forum anyway.
Djwhat5
Mar 25, 2016 6:12 PM

Oct 2015
Need Help!

So this has been bugging me a lot lately... there was this manga I read a long time ago about monsters/dragons involved. Humans turned into a monster when they made a sin ( I think). The MC is a girl in a Gothic dress, it starts off when the guy who is a dragon/monster hunter(I think he's in his 20's) went to the town where the girl is. I remember there was a scene that the girl went to the bar where the guy is relaxing then she suddenly shoots him but it missed. And there was this guy who turned into an ogre then the guy killed him or so.. The end of chapter 1 is they both gonna travel together to hunt. Oh right, the MC girl her father is a dragon, I think he's strongest one.

Sorry if my description is vague, my memory is really hazy about some parts but I do remember the cover of that manga is the girl and her father (which is a dragon(a big one)).
Mar 25, 2016 6:53 PM
Apr 2014
Sondsta said:
Ignatia said:

Or possibly this one Outlaw Star. I'm not quite sure if he receives a gun from his father, but his gun is considered an antique. Add that up to the lookalike Yoruichi this might possibly be what you're looking for. The only problem is that the 'ship' is in space.

Thanks. Imma read this later.
Mar 25, 2016 11:06 PM
Sep 2015
Trying to remember the name of one manga

I remember all the plot, but not the names

The MC is a boy who learn that he have a strange ability, he can generate heat from his hands

I dont remember why, but he starts a journey, he find a beauty driving a truck who gives him a ride

(Ahh, i just remembered something important, people started to suicide, dont remember why, but thats the reason the mc started his journey)

On his first stop with the woman, he founds a strange little boy who can creates barriers, the little boy wanted to kill everybody, but in the end he saw on the beauty woman his mother who had suicided a little ago because that strange wave of suicides

He manage to save the boy and he joins the MC on his journey

The next partner is a girl who in the start want to kill the MC because his power remember the one who killed all her familly on a fire

Well, after some development, the main character dies, but he didnt die, he just lost his memories

After a little time his friends discover tha he is living with some people, and the master is someo e who is called mother

I also remembered that the MC have a relationship with a best friend who he always protected, and this guy turned bad and kidnapped the girl who liked the MC

There is a plot about something like a "soul heart" who no one can handle, only the MC and his friend

Well, i can write more, but i think this is enough to discover the name

I will appreciate if someone know the name

Sorry for my english, its my second language
lucgab789Mar 25, 2016 11:47 PM
Mar 25, 2016 11:54 PM

Oct 2015
lucgab789 said:
Trying to remember the name of one manga

I remember all the plot, but not the names

The MC is a boy who learn that he have a strange ability, he can generate heat from his hands

I dont remember why, but he starts a journey, he find a beauty driving a truck who gives him a ride

(Ahh, i just remembered something important, people started to suicide, dont remember why, but thats the reason the mc started his journey)

On his first stop with the woman, he founds a strange little boy who can creates barriers, the little boy wanted to kill everybody, but in the end he saw on the beauty woman his mother who had suicided a little ago because that strange wave of suicides

He manage to save the boy and he joins the MC on his journey

The next partner is a girl who in the start want to kill the MC because his power remember the one who killed all her familly on a fire

Well, after some development, the main character dies, but he didnt die, he just lost his memories

After a little time his friends discover tha he is living with some people, and the master is someo e who is called mother

I also remembered that the MC have a relationship with a best friend who he always protected, and this guy turned bad and kidnapped the girl who liked the MC

There is a plot about something like a "soul heart" who no one can handle, only the MC and his friend

Well, i can write more, but i think this is enough to discover the name

I will appreciate if someone know the name

Sorry for my english, its my second language

Could this be it? :o based on people committing suicides. Alive: The Final Evolution
Mar 26, 2016 12:56 AM
Mar 2016
Hello everybody!!! Can someone help me identify this manga? I remember it was about a girl who lives with her male cousin who has long (silver?) hair. I remember her being a loner who only hangs out with her cousin. I think that cousin had a girlfriend too. Afterward she met this guy and the cousin got jealous because he had liked her for a long time. In the end the cousin died protecting her from something. I think it was a manhwa or Managua but I'm not entirely sure. Please help me find this manga!!:)
Mar 26, 2016 6:25 AM

Jun 2008
Where is this from? - http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv38/KittyKatalyzt/VG%20Chartz/mermaid-edited.jpg
I feel like I've read it before but not sure.
Mar 26, 2016 7:21 AM
Jun 2015
I'm having trouble finding a particular 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya' doujinshi. I read it a while back so my description may not be entirely...descriptive. Vague at best, really. Also the events described may not be in chronological order but I'll try my hardest!

Type: one-shot, double-digit doujinshi (I may have read it on Facebook)

The pairing is Koizumi x Kyon and takes place (either mainly or solely) in Koizumi's apartment.

From what I understood (since it wasn't depicted) Kyon had somehow been sent to an alternate universe with no way back. Either an alternate universe or maybe Haruhi wished for something that made it so Kyon wasn't remembered, didn't exist, or everyone was different.
For now I'll refer to it as an alternate universe (or AU).

Kyon has gone to Koizumi for help to escape this universe he's stuck in. I'm nearly positive the Koizumi in this world doesn't have or is aware of any supernatural aspects in his life.
This Koizumi seems to be more...I don't know how to describe it...filled with hate? Koizumi 2.0 acts in no way amiable towards Kyon out of jealousy (towards the original Koizumi since Kyon keeps on mentioning him) or hatred (towards the original Koizumi) and is seen to be visibly irked about Kyon mentioning him Koizumi as if Koizumi 2.0 isn't his own individual person. That's actually a big part of the story. Koizumi 2.0 and his individuality.

I think it's actually when Kyon is speaking about Koizumi that Koizumi 2.0 pours water/coffee/soda on him. Kyon is in shock, Koizumi 2.0 goes on to say some things I can't remember, I think voices raise and Kyon rushes to the door in an attempt to escape such terrible treatment.

At some point or another Koizumi 2.0 deduces that Kyon and Koizumi have a relationship in the universe Kyon is from and that's why Kyon sought Koizumi 2.0 out for help. I'm unsure what point in the story this took place.

Kyon makes it to the door but either he fumbles with the lock, he can't unlock it, or before he can get out Koizumi 2.0 rushes to the door and corners Kyon, preventing him from leaving.

76% sure there's no sex or kissing in this doujinshi- but Koizumi 2.0 does jack Kyon off. I think. Not entirely sure. Sex is a definite no-no, kissing MAYBE, jacking off most likely.

Then I forget what happens. That scene was towards the end so not much could've. I'm positive it was just talking. It didn't end with Kyon safely returning to his world, that's for sure.

This may have been a picture from the manga (that's a big maybe), but all the reverse image searches I've done have turned up nothing. The website that I found the picture on DID provide a title, author name, etc. I did an individual search around with that information to no avail.

Now that I look at the picture, it doesn't seem to fit well with the tone of the doujinshi. Kyon looks a bit too carefree. The art work was something like it though, different from what I'm used to- like the eyes. I don't know how to describe it, sorry. ^^

At the very least- I think the art was something like this...I think. I'm pretty sure Kyon was wearing a spring (short-sleeved) school button-up.

The website I found it on: Otaku Republic

SHORT-VERSION: Kyon is stuck in an alternate universe and goes to the Koizumi of that universe for help. Koizumi doesn't have or is aware of any supernatural aspects in his life, but humor's, and eventually believes him. Kyon keeps on mentioning his own Koizumi and comparing the two. Koizumi 2.0 is hostile towards Kyon, especially when Kyon mentions his Koizumi. Koizumi 2.0, feeling the need to separate himself from Kyon's image of Koizumi, pours his drink over his head. Kyon runs to the door to escape but Koizumi 2.0 corners him against the door, preventing his escape. Koizumi 2.0 deduces that Kyon and the Koizumi from his own world have a relationship and that was why he sought Koizumi 2.0's help. Koizumi 2.0 may or may not have forcefully jacked Kyon off, I can't be sure.
Mar 26, 2016 7:46 AM

Oct 2014
kuchitsu said:
Where is this from? - http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv38/KittyKatalyzt/VG%20Chartz/mermaid-edited.jpg
I feel like I've read it before but not sure.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/1229/Short_Cuts
Chapter 4

I skimmed a little bit and it looks very strange.
Mar 26, 2016 7:48 AM

Jun 2008
Thanks CrazyBear!
Mar 26, 2016 9:07 AM
Mar 2016
i read a manga years ago that wasnt complete and i really want to read it again but i cant remember the name of it at all and ive tried genre searches everything and cant find it so was wondering if anyone else can help me remember the name of it?

from what i remember this boy got tranfered to a catholic school that was an all girls school and he makes friends with one of the popular girls who helps him through school life but theres a group of girls trying to get him in trouble to get him kicked out etc. and in the second book he makes friends with this little exorcist girl whos scared of ghosts and he goes with her to exorcise ghosts at this old house but i cant remember much more than that sorry if its difficult haha
Mar 27, 2016 2:37 AM

Nov 2012
What manga is this from?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1054 by Francis_0 »»
10 hours ago

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

37 by PlasticRobot »»
Yesterday, 3:47 PM

» Do you guys read manga online or physically? ( 1 2 )

LemonXChio - Oct 27, 2023

66 by Oofmastre9000 »»
Yesterday, 1:50 PM

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

8 by YeeYeeAss »»
Yesterday, 1:33 PM

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

376 by HapHazrD »»
Yesterday, 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.