Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 15, 2016 1:05 AM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow, very epic looking fight and win for Laxus! :D That rune magic he learned, and his inheritance from Yuriy, awesome. Wahl showed some impressive firepower too, but he was just no match. Mashima's art is always great! :D
Feb 15, 2016 4:12 AM

Jun 2013
I wished the fight was longer, but this is a 'clasic' fairy tail fight, always fast paced and all that jazz. I think Laxus was using the electricity in his body so that he can move properly, let's see what happens next, oh and the runes were a nice touch to this.
Feb 15, 2016 4:17 AM

Dec 2013
A pretty typical Fairy Tail fight. Hoping we get some explanation for the red lightening that came out of nowhere.

Stupid how Laxus got rid of his sickness. Did like how it involved Freed's magic.

I agree with Laxus. He really isn't that much like Yuri at all.
Feb 15, 2016 4:18 AM

May 2014
And I thought that Laxus would die .-.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2016 4:19 AM

Mar 2013
You resemble Yuri a lot. You are both voiced by Kamina.
Feb 15, 2016 4:33 AM

Dec 2013
so neutralizing those magic particles cured Laxus? then why didn't he do it earlier?
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 15, 2016 4:37 AM

Nov 2015
okay so the magic learned from freed was a nice touch.Quite a cute flashback with mavis and that crimson lightning at the end looked badass,I wonder if it has any other unique properties as wahl couldnt analyze it. Im expecting some epic dragon slayer secret arts from laxus with his new power up :P
Feb 15, 2016 4:41 AM

Dec 2013
Benphyre said:
so neutralizing those magic particles cured Laxus? then why didn't he do it earlier?
Could be a temporary fix? Or maybe they didn't find someone who could dispel magic particles that easily.
Feb 15, 2016 4:49 AM
Nov 2015
G_Spark233 said:
A pretty typical Fairy Tail fight. Hoping we get some explanation for the red lightening that came out of nowhere.

It was a move Laxus inherited from Yuri.

But still a nice chapter, and by the looks of it we can add Wahl to the list of dead Spriggan 12 along with God Serena

Hopefully.

Because he couldn't find anyone who could break the barrier.

Nice fight but the neutralizing barrier was logical but out of nowhere. Laxus turns out to be the best freaking tank in all of FT and Wahl was really cool in this chapter as well.

7-7.5/10
Zero_BreakFeb 15, 2016 4:59 AM
Feb 15, 2016 4:52 AM

Dec 2013
Chaos_Harbinger said:
G_Spark233 said:

Because someone would need to cancel the barrier.

I'm not sure what cancelling the barrier has to do with the red lightning.
Feb 15, 2016 4:52 AM

Dec 2013
G_Spark233 said:
Benphyre said:
Could be a temporary fix? Or maybe they didn't find someone who could dispel magic particles that easily.

could be the latter since Laxus himself said "no wizard could break Freed's spell".
unless it's a temporary thing otherwise it will be hard to take knowing absolutely no one in FT could dispel magic particles.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 15, 2016 4:54 AM
Nov 2015
G_Spark233 said:
Chaos_Harbinger said:

Because someone would need to cancel the barrier.

I'm not sure what cancelling the barrier has to do with the red lightning.

Sorry wrong quote
Feb 15, 2016 4:54 AM

Mar 2011
Nice fight,full of motion though could have reached higher status of epicness. As many said before, the rune spell was a nice touch. And the logic behind it wasn't stupid. The jutsu shiki was cancelling all magic, so Wahl's counter-spell was an AoE anti - "anti-magic". That I said Wahl being unable to analyze that stuff even though he has scanner on and using thunder was kinda implausible for me. I mean he can analyze the body structure but doesn't have at the back of his database some info on dragonslaying magic and not using that element?

That being said, the railgun itself was badass and a clear reference to Metal-Gear after all :P. Seems that Wahl's transformation was indeed inspired by Raiden.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Feb 15, 2016 4:57 AM

Jun 2013
Benphyre said:

Wahl stopped the runes, canceling the magic runes right? Right. Wahl basically healed Laxus.
Feb 15, 2016 4:57 AM

Jun 2013
well, let's see if Laxus get's his 2nd Element.

Damn, this is what I Was EXPECTING FROM SPRIGGAN 12!!! WAHL IS SHOWING US HIS TRUE STRENGTH!!!!!
wait..Wahl has HAND CANNON...that is ETHERION!!!??!

Well, that is quite Smart...and Acceptable...Laxus using his enemy to cure himself...Smart. don't see anyway to people complain about that.

tough...I want explanation for that Red Lighting...something that is inherited in Makarov Lineage?
JarjaxleFeb 15, 2016 5:06 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 15, 2016 4:59 AM

Jun 2013
Kanic said:
Nice fight,full of motion though could have reached higher status of epicness. As many said before, the rune spell was a nice touch. And the logic behind it wasn't stupid. The jutsu shiki was cancelling all magic, so Wahl's counter-spell was an AoE anti - "anti-magic". That I said Wahl being unable to analyze that stuff even though he has scanner on and using thunder was kinda implausible for me. I mean he can analyze the body structure but doesn't have at the back of his database some info on dragonslaying magic and not using that element?

That being said, the railgun itself was badass and a clear reference to Metal-Gear after all :P. Seems that Wahl's transformation was indeed inspired by Raiden.

Well Mashima loves video games, that's pretty clear he wants to work on one too. But anyway, the thing about this chapter that I liked the most, is that Laxus outsmarted a machine xD, a lot of people will call BS, without thinking much about it... it's kinda sad.
Feb 15, 2016 5:02 AM

Mar 2011
metsujin said:

Well Mashima loves video games, that's pretty clear he wants to work on one too. But anyway, the thing about this chapter that I liked the most, is that Laxus outsmarted a machine xD, a lot of people will call BS, without thinking much about it... it's kinda sad.

I can totally buy the runespell thing. I mean collecting tons data doesn't mean he is also capable of any and all possible predictions by default. But using thunder was a bit of a stretch despite the fact that I'm a metal gear fanboy. I liked the railgun but at the same time I didn't
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Feb 15, 2016 5:06 AM

Jun 2013
Kanic said:
metsujin said:

I can totally buy the runespell thing. I mean collecting tons data doesn't mean he is also capable of any and all possible predictions by default. But using thunder was a bit of a stretch despite the fact that I'm a metal gear fanboy. I liked the railgun but at the same time I didn't

It's true, well depends some will like it some won't. But I'm mainly talking about the way he beat him with the runes and all, I can clearly see people complaining about that, when infact it was thought through, if the fight was a bit longer, it would've been a bit more epic, still nice.
Feb 15, 2016 5:19 AM

Dec 2015
It was nice fight imo.. (wahl-machine/robotalk=cool,, then suddenly "holy crap i forgot he power up w/ lightning thingy's)" and im like "toinks" XD
Feb 15, 2016 5:25 AM

Jan 2015
I liked how Laxus got cured; it was interesting to see his opponent cure him. But where exactly did that red lightning come from and what's so special about it? Ah well, I don't think I can care too much about seemingly random power-ups in shounen so... it was a good fight.
What's gonna happen next? That title doesn't give me too many hints. Unless 'time' refers to Dimaria...
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Feb 15, 2016 5:29 AM
Sep 2012
Wow that a boy Laxus, you tricked that Wahl into saving you and you took him down.

What a fight, though when Wahl was going for the deathblow mid chapter I knew he was okay, because he wouldn't die in a middle of a chapter, if Laxus was dying it would be at the end of the chapter, besides Laxus is not going to die a loser, so if he dies he is going to take Wahl down first.

The flashback of Mavis comparing Laxus to Yuri, I feel a bad omen that Laxus is going to meet him soon in the afterlife, which brings me to the next chapter title, is Laxus going to die next chapter, the next chapter title doesn't sound good.
blfanFeb 15, 2016 5:33 AM
Feb 15, 2016 5:31 AM
Sep 2015
Call me slow. But can someone explain how Freed's jutsu shiki can cancel the magical barrier particles inside laxus... why neutralizing the barrier can heal laxus
Feb 15, 2016 5:31 AM
Nov 2015
ahsinam33 said:
I liked how Laxus got cured; it was interesting to see his opponent cure him. But where exactly did that red lightning come from and what's so special about it? Ah well, I don't think I can care too much about seemingly random power-ups in shounen so... it was a good fight.
What's gonna happen next? That title doesn't give me too many hints. Unless 'time' refers to Dimaria...

It comes from Yuri and yeah, hoping its about Marie too :D
Feb 15, 2016 5:35 AM
Sep 2015
how does a lightning that is mixed with another element (perhaps) can destroy wahl? A lighting is still a lighting.

It's not that I hate laxus. really. But IDK i do not like the flow of this chapter. It is just my opinion sorry. Because it is unfair for wahl to be defeated and healed laxus randomly. (yes freed and yuriy, they are connected on those two random power that shown by laxus and it is acceptable. But seriously i dont like this week's chapter.)
Feb 15, 2016 5:50 AM

Aug 2014
I still baffled at the fact the guy had the audacity to use a lighting based attack on Laxus at the beginning xD

It was an ok chapter, I don't mind how Laxus won but I have no clue where that "red lightning" came from.
Feb 15, 2016 5:54 AM

Nov 2010
Lucy-is-onemagic said:
Call me slow. But can someone explain how Freed's jutsu shiki can cancel the magical barrier particles inside laxus... why neutralizing the barrier can heal laxus

Wahl's anti-barrier magic is an AOE, so by destroying the barrier Laxus made, it also destroyed the barrier particles inside of him since he was in Wahl's spell range.
Zalmox1sFeb 15, 2016 5:57 AM
Feb 15, 2016 5:54 AM

Mar 2009
So do I get this right? Laxus used the barrier that he got from Freed. It was similar in nature to the particles that were killing him. Whal got rid of the barrier and at the same time the particles in Laxus body were removed?

Red lightning comes from nowhere... It's either something from Yuri (did he use red lighting in Mavis side story?) we never heard about, after effect of lightning dragon lacrima being exposed to anti magic particles or Whal removing limitations of Laxus lacrima.
Feb 15, 2016 6:02 AM

Jan 2015
Laxus really did have a nice fight. Now I wonder if he'll also be on the bench from now on for a long time or just for a few days. And this new power was cool.
Feb 15, 2016 6:07 AM

May 2012
I understand sorta of how Laxus came to be healed, but like everyone else said, confused about the red lightning. Was it just cause or something...? Just cause the their "bonds"?

I don't recall anything that'd cause Yuri in Zero to gain that power other than when he
. Idk maybe that's it, or maybe there's something else in the few years after the events of Zero. I mean, I think Yuri was able to use regular ol lightning magic but that's about it.

Welp, I hope there's an explanation in the future for it.

Feb 15, 2016 6:12 AM
Nov 2015
Everyone's doubts are making me unsure as well lol.

I think Laxus inherited (genetically) this spell from Yuri and since Wahl is immune to lightning, this must've a different property kind of how Natsu and Zancrow's flames were different. Also, don't forget Yuri was a lightning mage too.

Hoping next chapter is better though. The title hints it will either be about Marie or we see how everyone is faring.
Feb 15, 2016 6:15 AM

Oct 2015
Waiting for Natsu to wake up :(
Feb 15, 2016 6:27 AM
Mar 2015
Of course laxus was going to win. Everyone from fairy tail will win against the spriggans no matter what. They will have trouble at first then they will talk some emotional crap about the guild or about friendship, get a random powerup and then win. This is how most of the fights happen in FT. There was no way Laxus was going to die.

The only thing interesting going on right now is Zeref and Acnologia. Can't wait to see them again. I would love it if acnologia suddenly appears out of nowhere and one shots someone from the guild like he did with serena but I am sure that won't happen. Guild's plot armor is too strong.
lequackFeb 15, 2016 6:33 AM
Feb 15, 2016 6:30 AM
Sep 2010
This is one of the worst fights in this series.
Feb 15, 2016 6:33 AM

Nov 2011
Kinda predictable with the way the fight turned out to be. Meh. It was nice but in terms of storytelling content, I didn't think it was really good except that it was intense. And kinda weird to hear Yuri's name being mentioned with Fairy Tail Zero airing right now.
Feb 15, 2016 6:48 AM
Jun 2015
wow , Another fast fight , the story telling was good but the drawing was .... nothing special ... oh its Fairy tail , its normal lolz ....

i was right Laxus's a strong person on our side , he took down 1 strong enemy haha

If Jellal or Gildarts dont appear , then the rest of the 12 will be taken down with some lame power up :))
Feb 15, 2016 6:50 AM

Oct 2013
10/10 chapter, I love Laxus!
Feb 15, 2016 6:56 AM

Nov 2015
Fight was alright. Yuri's panels were cool.

TheSinOfWrath said:
Waiting for Natsu to wake up :(

He should never wake up. Plotfuck should Just stay down.
Feb 15, 2016 7:03 AM
Sep 2015
Zalmox1s said:
Lucy-is-onemagic said:

Wahl's anti-barrier magic is an AOE, so by destroying the barrier Laxus made, it also destroyed the barrier particles inside of him since he was in Wahl's spell range.

it is now clear to me. Thank you.
Feb 15, 2016 7:03 AM

Jun 2013
lequack said:
Of course laxus was going to win. Everyone from fairy tail will win against the spriggans no matter what. They will have trouble at first then they will talk some emotional crap about the guild or about friendship, get a random powerup and then win. This is how most of the fights happen in FT. There was no way Laxus was going to die.

The only thing interesting going on right now is Zeref and Acnologia. Can't wait to see them again. I would love it if acnologia suddenly appears out of nowhere and one shots someone from the guild like he did with serena but I am sure that won't happen. Guild's plot armor is too strong.

Except this was actually nice planned out. Random powerup? Can't argue with that since that happens in shounens a lot, and after time skips the character come with new moves we didn't previously see.
Feb 15, 2016 7:13 AM
Mar 2015
metsujin said:
lequack said:

Except this was actually nice planned out. Random powerup? Can't argue with that since that happens in shounens a lot, and after time skips the character come with new moves we didn't previously see.

What I mean to say is that the story is very predictable and that makes it boring to me. I know no matter what nobody is going to lose unless they fight zeref or acnologia. Also none of the current generation members (natsu, erza, laxus etc) are going to die. The powerup may have been well executed but what is the point if you already know the outcome?

Unlike most people I find battles extremely boring in FT for this reason. I am more interested in the world of Fairy Tail and the stories of certain characters like Zeref, Acnologia and that death god who was mentioned in the manga. I find the adventure/exploration aspect of the manga interesting and not the fights.
Feb 15, 2016 7:16 AM

Mar 2013
I think it was a pretty solid fight overall. There were some pretty badass Laxus panels throughout too. XD
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Feb 15, 2016 7:17 AM

Mar 2014
a very analytic, systematic, battle genius just forgetting he's firing a canon with massive power that would revive his opponent. wow, that was just plain stupidity. and he got defeated just like that. spriggan 12 really arent living up to their expectations, are they?
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Feb 15, 2016 7:24 AM

Jun 2013
lequack said:
metsujin said:

What I mean to say is that the story is very predictable and that makes it boring to me. I know no matter what nobody is going to lose unless they fight zeref or acnologia. Also none of the current generation members (natsu, erza, laxus etc) are going to die. The powerup may have been well executed but what is the point if you already know the outcome?

Unlike most people I find battles extremely boring in FT for this reason. I am more interested in the world of Fairy Tail and the stories of certain characters like Zeref, Acnologia and that death god who was mentioned in the manga. I find the adventure/exploration aspect of the manga interesting and not the fights.

Well that's predictable for most shounen manga, few moments when you get surprised. But it's all about how the defeat the enemy... or at least that's my opinion. I agree with you tho, the fights in Fairy Tail are not one of the best (ofc few exceptions were some are really nicely done), but yea I'm intetrested in this for characters and their adventure, just like you.
Feb 15, 2016 7:31 AM
Sep 2015
envy__ said:
a very analytic, systematic, battle genius just forgetting he's firing a canon with massive power that would revive his opponent. wow, that was just plain stupidity. and he got defeated just like that. spriggan 12 really arent living up to their expectations, are they?

He was supposed to kill laxus until that move revived him. WTF. He is a human robot that can analyze almost everything. Why he forgot that slaying magic are immune to their element magic.

first mavis, the great tactician, forgot that slayers have motion sickness, now Wahl-chan. Something is fishy when it comes to the dragon slayers~
Feb 15, 2016 7:48 AM

Jan 2013
dafuq, where'd he get random red lightning?

Bit confused on how the nullifying healed laxus. it counteracts the etherion in his body or something?
Feb 15, 2016 8:01 AM

Sep 2014
So Laxus now knows both Dragon Slayer and a God Slayer magic...?

Hmm... The last time I heard about Mercury Fulminate was in an episode of Breaking Bad. Didn't expect to see it in Fairy Tail (and I still don't get where it came from tbh).

Feb 15, 2016 8:02 AM
Dec 2012
Laxus went full Jin kazama with red lightning and stuff
Feb 15, 2016 8:24 AM

Jun 2012
Chapters like these make me genuinely question how people can still get excited for the fights in this manga.
Feb 15, 2016 8:30 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah that was bullshit. This arc is gonna end up being worse than Edolas and the GMG when it's all said and done.
Feb 15, 2016 8:41 AM

Nov 2010
Laxus using different magic, especially when it was one learnt from Freed was nice to see. The MBP Nullifier was a good way of curing his condition, but I felt the rest of the chapter was a little bit disappointing.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.