Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (60) « First ... « 42 43 [44] 45 46 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2016 5:52 PM

Jul 2015
I'm just hoping @Usuzumiiro will give us some update about the preview later.

In the meantime, no point rationalizing this situation.

We did that the whole thread and we got all wrong.

AdrianRubinskyJun 24, 2016 5:56 PM
Jun 24, 2016 5:52 PM

Apr 2015
RaylenCypher said:
I, and many others, have already said it's impossible to make a xerox copy. No argument there.

I am saddened that I won't get to see my favorite heroine's route adapted. But that doesn't mean the anime will ruin the original source material, because it's always been there in its appropriate medium. If i want to see it again, it'll be there as it was.

However, a part of me will not throw in the towel or become a troll, spread ignorance or misconception over an episode count. There's others who have already done that when jumping into this thread, and I will not be that petty/pathetic.

Until, more official news comes, or they say something at the pre-screening event. I will wait and hope.

EDIT: In other words, I'm not gonna let this ruin my enjoyment of the thing that I love. Nor will I stoop so low as to derive others of the same entertainment.

No where else to go, but up.

Are you sure it's only up? There is still place under the lowest shelf.
Jun 24, 2016 5:55 PM

Apr 2012

Tensho twitted this (I am starting to like the shading!) and said he is teary eyed for finally getting to animate Rewrite and thanked the staff for working on Rewrite without sleeping for the past few days.
And also thanks zayd the hero for asking baba about stuff. Really appreciate it :D
@inuvivo on twitter!
Jun 24, 2016 5:56 PM

Jun 2014
MA BOI LOOKS HOT AF

Jun 24, 2016 5:57 PM

Sep 2014
OHHHH!!!!!!

I'm excited for that PV now.

iNVivO said:

Tensho twitted this (I am starting to like the shading!) and said he is teary eyed for finally getting to animate Rewrite and thanked the staff for working on Rewrite without sleeping for the past few days.
And also thanks zayd the hero for asking baba about stuff. Really appreciate it :D
Jun 24, 2016 5:59 PM
Jul 2018
zaydgh123 said:
MA BOI LOOKS HOT AF

MY BOI KOTAROU!!! QwQ
Jun 24, 2016 6:01 PM

Nov 2013
TheLittleRedHero said:
zaydgh123 said:
MA BOI LOOKS HOT AF

MY BOI KOTAROU!!! QwQ

I am so hard right now...

To me, he looks really damn good.
Jun 24, 2016 6:03 PM

Apr 2014
Zyzyoro said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

MY BOI KOTAROU!!! QwQ

I am so hard right now... whoa

Bahahaha, I was just telling a friend about this right now with basically the same reaction, lol!

I can't help but think the timing on this is a bit too perfect to the sad discussion earlier.
Jun 24, 2016 6:09 PM

Jun 2014
Zyzyoro said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

MY BOI KOTAROU!!! QwQ

WE ARE ALL HARD FROM THAT INTENSE STARE

THIS IS KYOUSUKE LEVEL OF SEDUCTION
Jun 24, 2016 6:11 PM
Jul 2018
zaydgh123 said:
Zyzyoro said:

I WANT MORE SASUGA STARES!
Jun 24, 2016 6:14 PM

Apr 2014
zaydgh123 said:
Zyzyoro said:

I wonder what scene this is from.
Jun 24, 2016 6:17 PM

Dec 2012
RaylenCypher said:
zaydgh123 said:

probably the first scene with Kotarou and Yoshino lol xD
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Jun 24, 2016 6:24 PM

Apr 2014
Ishkoten said:
RaylenCypher said:

The one where he promises to fight him after school...

... but goes straight home and forgets about it over the weekend, lol.
Jun 24, 2016 6:26 PM

Jun 2014
RaylenCypher said:
Ishkoten said:

The scene where he says "I'm not the type that would go down easily"
Jun 24, 2016 6:28 PM
Jul 2018
RaylenCypher said:
Ishkoten said:

LMAO I REMEMBER THAT. xD
Jun 24, 2016 6:29 PM

Apr 2012
I will say what I think will be the correct mindset-- we have no say on the episode count, and so for now all we can do is to believe in the staff and wish that it doesn't turn out to be a train wreck-- after all with all these promotions I doubt they will ever remake Rewrite so we'd better just enjoy what we get. I want that meme filled and happy atmosphere in this thread back xD
@inuvivo on twitter!
Jun 24, 2016 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
iNVivO said:
I will say what I think will be the correct mindset-- we have no say on the episode count, and so for now all we can do is to believe in the staff and wish that it doesn't turn out to be a train wreck-- after all with all these promotions I doubt they will ever remake Rewrite so we'd better just enjoy what we get. I want that meme filled and happy atmosphere in this thread back xD

I like happy atmosphere ;w;
Jun 24, 2016 6:45 PM

Apr 2014
Allow Yoshino to bring bliss back to this thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNQTQlflYA8
Jun 24, 2016 6:52 PM

May 2015
THE EYES LOOK AMAZING.

Anyway if we get a PV3 I want to see Kotarou doing some actuall talking, not like in PV2 where they just show him without being voiced, I know we heard him talking but not watching him animated and talking at the same time.
Jun 24, 2016 6:53 PM

Nov 2013
I can't wait to see the comedy scenes animated. Some scenes in the common route I was just laughing my ass off.

I'll take a guess that the screenshot is of Kotarou about to ditch Yoshino's challenge for a fight.
Jun 24, 2016 6:56 PM
Jun 2016
I really appreciate this thread. I actually just made a MAL account just now and decided to (one because it's a convenient thing to have for someone who likes watching anime, but) mostly cause of this thread. I've run into a few of you on youtube cause of Rewrite and I've gotten better information from here than I did from kazamatsuri which I found huge. and I was really down as you all were today about the worries for episode count. Though I agree with switching back to the happy atmosphere this thread has.

We got nothing to do but wait and that wait is almost over. I'm gonna try and participate in the discussion on Rewrite as we approach the air date. :D
Jun 24, 2016 6:59 PM

Nov 2013
ShizuFlame said:
I really appreciate this thread. I actually just made a MAL account just now and decided to (one because it's a convenient thing to have for someone who likes watching anime, but) mostly cause of this thread. I've run into a few of you on youtube cause of Rewrite and I've gotten better information from here than I did from kazamatsuri which I found huge. and I was really down as you all were today about the worries for episode count. Though I agree with switching back to the happy atmosphere this thread has.

We got nothing to do but wait and that wait is almost over. I'm gonna try and participate in the discussion on Rewrite as we approach the air date. :D

Glad to have you here! The Rewrite train never stops~

We won't give in to despair that easily.

Mates don't even know about muh YO-SHI-NO yet. lmao
Jun 24, 2016 7:15 PM

Apr 2012
haha. I really love you guys and I am even starting to feel like we are becoming a family xD the rewrite train goes on uvu~~
Let's look forward to the PV :)
@inuvivo on twitter!
Jun 24, 2016 7:17 PM
Dec 2015
Did the pre-screening start yet or no ? P.S. if anyone that's going/that went, posted pictures from it, much appreciated.
Jun 24, 2016 7:18 PM

Apr 2012
KurugayaTennouji said:
Did the pre-screening start yet or no ? P.S. if anyone that's going/that went, posted pictures from it, much appreciated.

Pre screening starts in 3 hours :)
@inuvivo on twitter!
Jun 24, 2016 7:20 PM

Apr 2014
KurugayaTennouji said:

It's gonna stream on niconico.
Jun 24, 2016 7:22 PM

Sep 2014
RaylenCypher said:
KurugayaTennouji said:

It's gonna stream on niconico.

You need a VPN to stream it.

It's Japan only.
Jun 24, 2016 7:27 PM

Nov 2013

Been listening to the anime OP on repeat. I'm probably going to tear up once I see the OP sequence. @_@
Jun 24, 2016 7:30 PM
Jul 2012
Zyzyoro said:
I can't be the only one that's excited for the anime that read the VN?

I understand that the heroine routes will not be adapted, but that doesn't mean the 6th route will automatically be terrible. I loved all 5 heroine routes written by Romeo and R07. I have faith the 6th route he helped write for the anime will be amazing and that he will give each heroine a time to shine.

Just don't expect the anime to be a mirror copy of the VN. That's why we have the VN, better yet, a soon-to-be released and improved version of the VN: Rewrite+.

There has never been a VN that has had a 1:1 anime adaptation, including Steins;Gate and Higurashi. If you're disappointed that the heroine routes aren't being adapted, your disappointment is misplaced. They never said they were from the start.

How would you adapt the 5 heroine routes if you were given the task? Is it as easy as just saying "omnibus format" and cut/copy and paste from the VN? If you've read the VN, you know that's far from sufficient.

No matter what studio/producer was going to work on Rewrite's anime, it would have been an insanely difficult feat. I applaud the staff for even taking on this suicide mission of an adaptation all while working hard on it. Yet, here we are disappointed that its not a clone of the VN.

Does having an original route inherently mean it will be a bad adaptation? In terms of "faithfulness to the VN", yes, in that sense, its a "bad adaptation" because it obviously isn't a clone of the VN.

What about "faithfulness to the VN" in terms of it being a supplement to the VN? If you're aware of Rewrite's structure, this 6th route will not change the overall structure of Rewrite. Its just another worldline in the infinite world lines in the theory. Not many other stories can take advantage of its plot structure like this and become a supplement to the original source. So in terms of the anime being a supplement to the VN, this adaptation could work.

This begs the question, what is does "faithfulness to a VN" mean? A clone of the VN? The ability to tell the overall story? Adapting all your favorite scenes? Yoshino scenes? Oppai route?

I understand that many of us here love Rewrite's story but its simply not realistic to get a ridiculous amount of episodes. Its understood that we all wanted to see the heroine routes animated, but how many cours would that have required to be successful? 3-4? How many producers give that many episodes to a VN adaptation off the bat? That's far from realistic. Its absurd. From a producer's point-of-view its ridiculous to consider that. Try to understand this.

From a VN reader's point of view, they'll probably be disappointed, but anime adaptations never tell a story better than the original source. I can't recall one that I would consider to be. And even saying that is purely subjective. The point being: its absurd to think an anime could surpass the original source, let alone be on par with it all while asking for 3-4 cours off the bat.

From an anime-only viewer's point-of-view, this adaptation has the potential to be amazing, although they won't get Moon & Terra immediately and will have to wait.

12 episodes is sufficient for the common route + 6th route. If the common route had a ridiculous number of episodes containing SoL, many people would have dropped it thinking its some generic show.

If we indeed have 12 episodes (1 being an hour in length), its doable.

The question remains: How will they drop the hints you learn from each of the 5 heroine routes into the 6th route? We'll find out very soon. Until then, I'd more open-minded about this adaptation.

Rewrite was never about love, hate, environmentalism, war, the heroines, oppai, etc.

Its about humanity and-

"Humanity was never meant to give up."
~Kagari
It's not really an anime adaption in that case. I think that is why people usually dislike adaptions that grabs a good source material and make something original out of it. Just make your own series instead of ruining someone else.
Jun 24, 2016 7:34 PM

Apr 2014
Jakerams said:
Zyzyoro said:

I understand that the heroine routes will not be adapted, but that doesn't mean the 6th route will automatically be terrible. I loved all 5 heroine routes written by Romeo and R07. I have faith the 6th route he helped write for the anime will be amazing and that he will give each heroine a time to shine.

Just don't expect the anime to be a mirror copy of the VN. That's why we have the VN, better yet, a soon-to-be released and improved version of the VN: Rewrite+.

There has never been a VN that has had a 1:1 anime adaptation, including Steins;Gate and Higurashi. If you're disappointed that the heroine routes aren't being adapted, your disappointment is misplaced. They never said they were from the start.

How would you adapt the 5 heroine routes if you were given the task? Is it as easy as just saying "omnibus format" and cut/copy and paste from the VN? If you've read the VN, you know that's far from sufficient.

No matter what studio/producer was going to work on Rewrite's anime, it would have been an insanely difficult feat. I applaud the staff for even taking on this suicide mission of an adaptation all while working hard on it. Yet, here we are disappointed that its not a clone of the VN.

Does having an original route inherently mean it will be a bad adaptation? In terms of "faithfulness to the VN", yes, in that sense, its a "bad adaptation" because it obviously isn't a clone of the VN.

What about "faithfulness to the VN" in terms of it being a supplement to the VN? If you're aware of Rewrite's structure, this 6th route will not change the overall structure of Rewrite. Its just another worldline in the infinite world lines in the theory. Not many other stories can take advantage of its plot structure like this and become a supplement to the original source. So in terms of the anime being a supplement to the VN, this adaptation could work.

This begs the question, what is does "faithfulness to a VN" mean? A clone of the VN? The ability to tell the overall story? Adapting all your favorite scenes? Yoshino scenes? Oppai route?

I understand that many of us here love Rewrite's story but its simply not realistic to get a ridiculous amount of episodes. Its understood that we all wanted to see the heroine routes animated, but how many cours would that have required to be successful? 3-4? How many producers give that many episodes to a VN adaptation off the bat? That's far from realistic. Its absurd. From a producer's point-of-view its ridiculous to consider that. Try to understand this.

From a VN reader's point of view, they'll probably be disappointed, but anime adaptations never tell a story better than the original source. I can't recall one that I would consider to be. And even saying that is purely subjective. The point being: its absurd to think an anime could surpass the original source, let alone be on par with it all while asking for 3-4 cours off the bat.

From an anime-only viewer's point-of-view, this adaptation has the potential to be amazing, although they won't get Moon & Terra immediately and will have to wait.

12 episodes is sufficient for the common route + 6th route. If the common route had a ridiculous number of episodes containing SoL, many people would have dropped it thinking its some generic show.

The question remains: How will they drop the hints you learn from each of the 5 heroine routes into the 6th route? We'll find out very soon. Until then, I'd more open-minded about this adaptation.

Rewrite was never about love, hate, environmentalism, war, the heroines, oppai, etc.

Its about humanity and-

~Kagari
It's not really an anime adaption in that case. I think that is why people usually dislike adaptions that grabs a good source material and make something original out of it. Just make your own series instead of ruining someone else.

And yet, the original writer and people that made the VN are doing this. If there's anyone to get angry at, it's the creators.
Jun 24, 2016 8:33 PM

Sep 2015
Zyzyoro said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

MY BOI KOTAROU!!! QwQ

He looks so fucking amazing, my room is flooding...

@zyzyoro "it's okay, we won't give in to despair that easily" when 2 hours ago we all were pouring a gallon sized glass of beer in preparation of getting utterly shit faced to escape our murdered hype ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ...
hardcoperJun 24, 2016 8:41 PM

Jun 24, 2016 8:49 PM

Sep 2015
Wait, is the first episode going to be streamed? Or is it just a talk? Is anyone gonna be recording it? :(

Jun 24, 2016 8:51 PM

Aug 2015
Nice to see you guys back in full sprits already xD

2 hours till the pre screening? OMG!
Save a YouTube version for me cause I won't be able to watch it live ;w;
Jun 24, 2016 8:59 PM
Jun 2016
moodie said:
Got my VPN ready. Little over an hour to go. I will either be disappointed by the art or satisfied.

I'm curious, do you need a VPN to view the niconico stream or can you use a proxy?
Jun 24, 2016 9:03 PM

Jun 2013
I'll be recording it if they show anything
Jun 24, 2016 9:05 PM

Nov 2015
Someone might re-stream it like planetarian.
Jun 24, 2016 9:11 PM

Sep 2015
Murasa22 said:
I'll be recording it if they show anything

God bless you, Father.

Jun 24, 2016 9:16 PM

Apr 2012
I think they will only show the hosts speak.( At most a few cuts of the episode, but probs not)
@inuvivo on twitter!
Jun 24, 2016 9:20 PM

Aug 2013
Please announce information about the number of seasons during the preliminary events, because already I want to cry...

P.S. Kotarou looks great.
Jun 24, 2016 9:30 PM

Jun 2013
VPN and recorder already set

just waiting for it to start
Jun 24, 2016 9:32 PM

Aug 2013
Murasa22 said:
VPN and recorder already set

just waiting for it to start

I'll sit in the topic and expect you to emotions, guys.
And of course, information about the number of seasons.
Jun 24, 2016 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
One question. What does VPN mean?
Jun 24, 2016 9:51 PM

Aug 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
VPN = Virtual Private Network.

The easy way to change your IP So the website thinks you're in a different country than you are now

In this case, setting your country to Japan with a software so that Nico thinks that you're actually in Japan and let you stream the pre screening from outside
Jun 24, 2016 9:59 PM

Mar 2016
https://www.twitch.tv/materialistx

I won't guarantee anything, possible Disconects or low quality but it's better than nothing. Try it
Jun 24, 2016 10:03 PM
Jul 2018
Z-Dante said:
TheLittleRedHero said:
VPN = Virtual Private Network.

The easy way to change your IP So the website thinks you're in a different country than you are now

In this case, setting your country to Japan with a software so that Nico thinks that you're actually in Japan and let you stream the pre screening from outside

Ah... I have my thing in Japan.
Jun 24, 2016 10:07 PM
Apr 2014
Materialist said:
https://www.twitch.tv/materialistx

I won't guarantee anything, possible Disconects or low quality but it's better than nothing. Try it

You do the class proud.

http://i.imgur.com/tFs3S7m.png
Jun 24, 2016 10:26 PM
Dec 2014
Zyzyoro said:

Its about humanity and-

~Kagari

Wait what?! Huh?
They didn't say they won't animate the heroines routes!! They said they will "add" a 6th routr about that girl
They will add and not replace!! Get that hint already
Jun 24, 2016 10:36 PM
Jun 2016
This stream on twitch of the niconico event is going strong!

https://www.twitch.tv/shcboomer
Jun 24, 2016 10:38 PM
Jun 24, 2016 10:43 PM

Nov 2011
Well they revealed the BD listing again now.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (60) « First ... « 42 43 [44] 45 46 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.