Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 14, 2016 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Weird episode, first half was more buildup but also more focus about Beatrix and Stasi TSF.

Not too much action but there's quite a bit of tension.
Lise really fitting into to the group though. I guess Theodor is finding it hard to trust others although Irisdina trusts him. Lise's relationship with him feels odd this episode. Sylvia's threat though...
Feb 14, 2016 9:37 AM

Jan 2015
It's a fine episode, I guess. Another talk about spy, and probably another romance occured for Theodore. But his sister is getting kinda fishy and creepy to when meet with Katia, handed over the necklace and then talking about stuff. Maybe she is the spy but didn't realize that.

She's not a spy, she's a succubus. I bet there's a tail covered behind that "dark line". lol

MasceraFeb 14, 2016 10:47 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 14, 2016 11:08 AM
Oct 2013
ayyy lmao, the ending.
Feb 14, 2016 11:41 AM
Jan 2009
That ending.

I... kind of aproove this.
Feb 14, 2016 12:08 PM

Jan 2014
Good episode, and it sells the political conflicts around and man it seems this is gonna go crazy quick.

I'm with the rest on this. Lise cannot be trusted, specially after how she approached Katia. And now she presents herself nude with Theodore. Yeap this is a trap, whether it be by seduction or by innocence, she is trying to appeal to Theodore so she can keep working and disrupting everything. Be it because of fear or loyalty, she is on the Stasi's pocket for real.

That also means that by proxy she will get off'd at some point in life. I mean with Katia around as well, it is kinda unthinkable that Lise can "fit" in some way.
Feb 14, 2016 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
So Theodore will have 4 girls in his harem (supposing none of them die lol)

And it's so obvious that she is a spy. She's either brainwashed or is REALLY good at acting and manipulating her brother.

Also (slight spoiler)
Feb 14, 2016 12:14 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Theodore's harem is building up. That ending though XD

3/5
Feb 14, 2016 12:16 PM

Oct 2009
She's obviously a spy, now I'm 100% sure.
Feb 14, 2016 12:20 PM

Sep 2014
Intense ending. So Stasi has 2 factions in a power struggle of joining up with Soviets and KGB interesting. Not sure how I think of this I mean cutting ties with the west is also suicidal as Axmann wanted :P
Feb 14, 2016 1:18 PM

Apr 2014
eeeeh??? she was nude i know lise is a bitch hahhaha
is too obvious hahhahah i bet she is false and he is taking her roll very well
theodor !don´t believe her! i hope he is not in love with her....pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee nooooooooo

theodor -bernhrard are the best couple imo
Feb 14, 2016 1:20 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That ending pretty much confirms that she's a spy, willingly or not.

Theodor, you're gonna have to pass on her generous offer.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 14, 2016 1:56 PM

Apr 2010
Farabeuf said:
That ending pretty much confirms that she's a spy, willingly or not.

Theodor, you're gonna have to pass on her generous offer.
Actually it's been suggested the entire time that she is a spy to the point where i don't want here to be a spy just to keep things interesting.
But ye her reactions when talking to Katia and the fact that she is seducing Theodor now pretty much confirms it.

And the power hunger is back in full throttle.
The Stasi is so blinded by power that they don't realise they don't have nothing left to rule over ones they get in power.
It's questionable wether they themselves will still be alive at that point.
Feb 14, 2016 2:06 PM

Jul 2015
This ep was amazing. You can feel just how tense everyone is and I love it. I am also loving the whole aspect of groups slowly negotiating with each other. And lastly, that ending! Lise is suspicious af. She's desperate now so she lookin to smash with Theodore. I'm super hyped!
Feb 14, 2016 2:42 PM

Apr 2015
LOL.

Theodor: (there is no way a girl who is my (step) sister, who offers me her body could ever be a spy right?"
#CHEXIT
Feb 14, 2016 4:21 PM

Jul 2012
Interesting episode with a lot of build up to the next episodes with the internal war incoming along with a BETA force of 100,000 also coming. It is really interesting to see the politics be implemented into this with a split of the stasi and also the USSR having a factor in this which is cool since this is around the time of the Cold War. It was also nice to see some Gretel x Theodor moments. So the last big thing in this was the fact that Lise is obviously a stasi spy but it looks like she is a spy for the Moscow fraction and looks like Theodor is going to have to make a big choice next episode which I cannot wait to see.

If you want to see my full review on the episode check out the link to my YouTube channel on my profile page where I make review videos on the current anime!
Feb 14, 2016 4:21 PM

Feb 2016
Imeon said:
LOL.

Theodor: (there is no way a girl who is my (step) sister, who offers me her body could ever be a spy right?"

...Master...
...Poker Face -.
Tekken02Feb 14, 2016 4:25 PM
Feb 14, 2016 4:33 PM

May 2015
Lise's just too fishy, even after that ending. But damn, Theodor, can you resist that? Big question. I most certainly wouldn't.

Feb 14, 2016 5:21 PM

Jun 2014
East Germany is having a power struggle with West Germany; The East's military is having a power struggle with the Stasi; and now there's a power struggle WITHIN the Stasi; Meanwhile, aliens are close to wiping out humanity but no one can cooperate.
Feb 14, 2016 5:34 PM

Jan 2013
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
East Germany is having a power struggle with West Germany; The East's military is having a power struggle with the Stasi; and now there's a power struggle WITHIN the Stasi; Meanwhile, aliens are close to wiping out humanity but no one can cooperate.

Couldn't agree more.

When Lise started asking questions about their plans, and at that moment i thought that she was working with Stasi, but that ending...i don't know.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 14, 2016 6:47 PM

Nov 2015
Yeah she's definitely a spy now. But that ending was so stupid actually... Way to get off-track.

Hope I'm wrong though, I want to be surprised.
Feb 14, 2016 6:54 PM

May 2008
inb4 off screen sex desu
Feb 14, 2016 6:56 PM

Oct 2013
AivanK said:
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

Couldn't agree more.

When Lise started asking questions about their plans, and at that moment i thought that she was working with Stasi, but that ending...i don't know.

I love this anime, because it shows the true nature of mankind, it doesn't matter if we're on the verge of extintion at the claws of brutal aliens, people will still fight for a chair.
Feb 14, 2016 7:26 PM

Mar 2015
I have no idea if Lise is a spy or not; but I do know that she's crazy. If she did indeed spend time in the Stasi's dungeons well that would explain it.
The sword that takes life gives life
Feb 14, 2016 8:33 PM

Jun 2013
I really enjoyed this episode, but I did not like the ending at all.
Feb 14, 2016 10:54 PM

Apr 2011
Just bang her and got as far away from her!
Feb 14, 2016 11:21 PM

Dec 2015
Lise: don't you all believe me?!
Group: of course we believe you!
Group behind her back: so.. How are we gonna deal with her?
Feb 14, 2016 11:23 PM

Jul 2014
This was a... weird episode.

First half was a lot of talk about spies, the both halfs of Germany, about Lise being an spy but it didn't feel slow tho.

Second half was the weirdest... HEN DID GRETEL START TO HAVE FEELINGS FOR THEODORE? I GOT LOST IN THAT MOMENT WHEN SHE BLUSHED ???, Why is Lise trying to bang his brother? I mean, it's obviously that she's an spy but c'mon, this got kind of twisted in a really, really weird way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2016 4:23 AM
Jul 2018
People say it's okay because they are not actually blood related but honestly I still think it's messed up since they had a brother/sister relationship at a young age. It would be different if they didn't have a sibling past... but no thanks. To each their own but that part could have been left out for the better.

Honestly I hope she gets outed soon since I am tired of the back and forth on if she is.
Feb 15, 2016 6:30 AM

Feb 2008
Lise's encounter with Katia was exceedingly creepy... One can't be a Stasi spy even if a Stasi officer is implying that one actually is, eh? I guess things are getting more interesting on both fronts, the humanity's war against itself and their fight against the BETA.

On another note, Gretel was unexpectedly cute (and resourceful).
Feb 15, 2016 7:05 AM

Jan 2016
This episode made me love Sylvia <333 And Lise starts to annoy me.
The ending was so weird...
Feb 15, 2016 8:30 AM
Jul 2018
The last episode was really nice, I love the anime more and more, and I can't wait to see what happens next.

I must agree that almost 100%, Lise is a spy. But even so, I don't think that she's a spy because she wants so. The STASI is probably forcing her somehow.
Feb 15, 2016 8:45 AM

Dec 2013
Either she's a spy who knows she's a spy, or she's a sleeper cell who's been conditioned to become a spy once she's activated somehow.

Either way, she's totally insane in the head.... and a sure spy. I have no idea why they're even trying so hard to make it obvious to everyone.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 15, 2016 1:58 PM

Jul 2013
I never trusted Lise, but this episode was solid proof she's a spy. I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with Sylvia. Lise brings up "being suspicious" so often as a way to make her seem tormented about it, like she's innocent and can't bear being considered otherwise. I trusted Theodor to be calm and objective about it, but I guess that was too much to ask for; he trusts her a lot more than I thought.

Also, Katia should have told him everything Lise said! She was so vague, of course her testimony didn't sound very convincing to Theodor. If she had mentioned everything Lise said, I think even Theodor would have hesitated.
Feb 15, 2016 2:23 PM

Jun 2013
fucking Stasi man and she's spy we all know it and the fuck was with that weird ending -_-
Feb 15, 2016 4:00 PM

Apr 2012
Imeon said:
LOL.

Totally! :D

The hell, that ending.

Zahylon said:

I love this anime, because it shows the true nature of mankind, it doesn't matter if we're on the verge of extintion at the claws of brutal aliens, people will still fight for a chair.

So Pacific Rim will just be a dream? Dammnit I want my giant robots.
Kotori_SonodaFeb 15, 2016 4:04 PM
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Feb 15, 2016 6:12 PM

Sep 2011
So obvious that she's a spy, but that was a given long ago lol. After seeing her with no clothes on at the end there, it's pretty obvious that she uses seduction to get what she wants.
Feb 15, 2016 6:20 PM

Oct 2013
Kotori_Sonoda said:

So Pacific Rim will just be a dream? Dammnit I want my giant robots.

If anything, we'll probably use Objects rather than humanoid robots.

But we can always put teenagers in humanoid robots and defeat ANY enemy by yelling fancy attack names, Victory is absolutelly assured that way.
Feb 15, 2016 7:42 PM

Jan 2011
well shes like 100% suspect now i remember last week there was a quick scene of he piloting a TSF with some scary face, also seduction is like spy 101!
Feb 15, 2016 9:10 PM

Oct 2011
OMG she;s going to try to seduce Theodor OMG OMG
Feb 16, 2016 2:45 AM

Jan 2013
All around good episode especially that ending. I like where this is going. Give in to the temptation Theodor!

Imeon said:

...nooo! ...I forgot about that part. ...She's cute anyways.
Feb 16, 2016 5:10 AM

Oct 2013
radle said:
All around good episode especially that ending. I like where this is going. Give in to the temptation Theodor!

Imeon said:

...nooo! ...I forgot about that part. ...She's cute anyways.

She's got a nice figure for her age too. Blondes with nice figures...Lise sure knows how to strike at Theodor :D I doubt he'll go through with it though, dunno if he ever looked at her that way, the timing is rather off and doing his non-blood related sister is probably the last thing on his mind right now. T

Poor Lise though...by the way she looked when she had her conversation with Katia, the stasi probably did some nasty shit to her and with the way things are, squad 666 can't afford to give her the benefit of doubt - she's a villain to them. Even worse when she's your only remaining family member that you haven't seen for ages and got along great with. Theodor's caught between a rock & a hard place, although his priorities most likely stand with Iris, Katia & squad 666.
Feb 16, 2016 5:59 AM

Mar 2008
The poor commissar is waving a whole armful of death flags.
Feb 16, 2016 6:48 AM

Jan 2016
My thoughts, I am wondering if lise's parents are actually dead and not being held hostage to force her to get dirt on 666, not to mention they probably told her that Theo ratted on their dad. I mean it never actually showed them being shot dowm, it left that up to your imagination although theo did say he thought they were dead so who knows though. Also if she was trying to seduce Theodore I think she might have waited till he turned around to embrace. I think that next episode will show them embraced and Katia will burst in while they are making out.
Feb 16, 2016 11:33 AM

Feb 2015
i'm guessing Gretel will die.
and obviously Lise is a spy. without any second thought, she is a spy!!! that ending makes it all clear...she even trying to seduce his brother...not even a stupid person would get tricked by that...if he really fuck her....they he is stupid....at least everyone start to suspect her...i'm glad with that, cause i don't to want see someone die again.
and this episode is really pissing me off. people were suddenly trying to arrest someone without any reasonable cause. and i hate people that like to start a war...with out any reason.....
Feb 16, 2016 3:10 PM

Aug 2014
Is she a spy? The show switches back and forth with it, and it actually does a pretty good job of making you doubt your conclusions. It's like: "Hey, look: she's asking questions about the captain and whether Theo wants to fight the Stasi. She's surely a spy, right?", and then it shifts to: "Oh, but wait: she denies it to the end and insists that she only wants her comrades to trust her. Maybe she isn't a spy, huh?"

But she probably is. Seduction is one of the oldest forms of trying to win trust. Theo, please, do not fall for it and remember who your enemies are. God, I hate the Stasi.

In other news, Gretel just blackmailed a superior officer. I can't imagine what would happen to a lieutenant in Nazi Germany if he/she tried that. Probably would've been shot with Lugers. Props to you, Gretel (and she's kinda cute when bashful).

4.5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 16, 2016 5:44 PM

Sep 2013
Maledict said:
Is she a spy? The show switches back and forth with it, and it actually does a pretty good job of making you doubt your conclusions. It's like: "Hey, look: she's asking questions about the captain and whether Theo wants to fight the Stasi. She's surely a spy, right?", and then it shifts to: "Oh, but wait: she denies it to the end and insists that she only wants her comrades to trust her. Maybe she isn't a spy, huh?"

But she probably is. Seduction is one of the oldest forms of trying to win trust. Theo, please, do not fall for it and remember who your enemies are. God, I hate the Stasi.

In other news, Gretel just blackmailed a superior officer. I can't imagine what would happen to a lieutenant in Nazi Germany if he/she tried that. Probably would've been shot with Lugers. Props to you, Gretel (and she's kinda cute when bashful).

4.5/5

Maybe Lise is spesialist in Seducing the enemy, and Stasi make use Lise's body to do her mission
Feb 16, 2016 7:39 PM

Jan 2012
Its oreimo all over again
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Feb 17, 2016 1:30 AM

Oct 2008
What Lise said: "Onii-chan, take me!" is not true...it's actually: "Onii-chan, f*ck me!
almost nobody belives on Lise.
Gretel blushes and is a bit cute this time? possibly a death flag?
many 3rd parties are taking advantage about the 100k BETA attack so that while Stasi are busy, they could take this opportunity...which makes more chaos and all.
4/5.

Feb 17, 2016 7:49 AM
Feb 2015
NoobHunterD said:
Its oreimo all over again

Think that while you still can.
Feb 17, 2016 8:45 AM

Jun 2014
Annuvin said:
> Characters mentioning how they're definitely not blood-related
> Expect wincest

Ayy lmao I keep forgetting the fact that he is is no shape related to the Hohenstein family with the flashback being recalled vividly in my head. The fact she popped out of nowhere confirms that she is a spy and her avoiding the blame game plus the seduction is even more proof on tops.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

78 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 2:14 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 24, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Will season 2nd be available in later?

SametTakao - Jul 30, 2023

3 by volgenauts »»
Aug 3, 2023 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.