Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 28, 2016 4:31 AM

Jul 2015
Sabo's "Karyuu no rasengan" was pretty cool.
:v
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Aug 18, 2016 2:37 AM

Mar 2015
So 10 minutes means.. the next 10 episodes? one minute per episode, only on One Piece!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 22, 2016 11:11 AM

Sep 2014
Good to see sabo's attack and interaction between him and luffy ^^
Aug 26, 2016 8:34 PM

May 2013
YAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS, SABO-KUN. Teach that Burger guy a lesson for tryna mess with your lilbruh D:<
Mar 5, 2017 11:44 PM

Mar 2012
That flashback just makes me miss Ace again :( Dude was so awesome.
Apr 28, 2017 5:26 PM

Oct 2014
RodrigoGM said:
LUFFY & LAW VS DOFFY

LAW KAMIKAZE ATTACK

LUFFY VS DOFFY

GEAR 4 LUFFY VS DOFFY

GEAR 4 ENDS HE NEEDS 10 MIN TO RECOVER

He begins to be protected

So, in a 1-1 doffy wins.

How can people say Luffy> Doffy?

But before that, luffy fought in the gladiator ring, ran for seemingly hours and spent a considerable amount of time fighting enemies while Doffy sat on his throne doing nothing but waiting. Then Luffy intentionally took a lot of damage from Bellamy because he didn't want to hit him.

Unfortunately we almost never see Luffy at his best vs the main enemy, because he has usually already spent a considerable amount of time and energy and accumulated damage vs other enemies.
May 12, 2017 10:31 AM

May 2014
So Luffy goes all jelly-like after 4th gear? Gahh.
Lol at those random guys thinking they can successfully ward off Doflamingo for 10 minutes...not a chance in hell.

Luffy's getting a crap ton of help to take down this monster- from Law, from the gladiators and now from Sabo, and even though Doffy is now 100% alone in his fight, everyone is still terrified. Just a testament to his strength, I guess??

Episode went by really fast even though not much happened.
I think it's that special sprinkle of Sabo tbh...every time he pops up the episodes fly by! Easily one of my favorite characters in the whole series ^_^

Blackbeard really really wants the Mera Mera no mi, doesn't he?
First he asks Ace to join him, then he hands Ace over to the Marines when he doesn't- knowing full well he'd get executed- and now Burgess is trying to fight Sabo for it.
Wonder what the true goal is...surely it's more than just collecting powerful DFs and ability users just for prowess?
Maybe Blackbeard is looking for certain types of Devil Fruits with a specific end goal in mind.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2017 4:47 PM

Dec 2014
Luffy's going to finish in one blow? Is he going to use spirit bomb or something?

I wonder how Sabo would match up against Doflamingo considering he held his own against Fujitora...

Speaking of Fujitora, what the fuck is he doing? His passiveness is getting annoying.
Nov 14, 2018 2:06 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
10 minutes, Luffy needs 10 minutes to recover all his energy!!!! And DonFlamingo is in his back! :/
Mar 26, 2020 7:16 PM

Jun 2016
To be frank, I am somewhat bored by this conflict still. I do find myself waiting desperately for Doflamingo to lose or for something super engaging to occur. While this wasn’t totally vapid, Luffy positing that he has to wait ten minutes before fighting again after bounce man disappointed me a little. Luffy isn’t the only hope. Sabo and Fujitora, the no.2 of the revolutionaries and an admiral are here. But since this is shounen and it is One Piece, there isn’t any fear in me that Luffy won’t barely get by for ten minutes, get big and strong, and punch the lights out of Doflamingo. It feels slightly contrived for the point of main character bias. Complaining about this stuff feels a little silly, perhaps with better pacing, or if I didn't find Doflamingo too strong in such a boring way this wouldn't be an issue for me. Why I say this isn’t totally vapid is because Gyats and Sabo and the potential of how Luffy will be protected is still interesting.

Notably the Luffy, Sabo, and Ace content as well as the confrontation with Burgess was great! Firstly, Burgess is dirty, as if we didn’t know before, he was willing to assassinate Luffy with a knife and a surprise attack. This definitively shows us that if he doesn’t have an attachment with his victim, he is willing to do whatever is most efficient when it comes to accomplishing his goal. Sabo ended up acknowledging his goal, that of collecting devil fruits, and showed him the power that he had achieved through the colosseum, something far greater than the gum gum fruit, thus shifting Burgess’ attention. But first we reflected on Ace. This was a confrontation of two brothers and one of the men responsible for the war and for Ace’s death. Seeing Ace claim he would make Whitebeard the king, showing such loyalty and gratefulness and manliness, made me tear up as that absolutely didn’t happen. However, Sabo telling Luffy that Ace’s memento is safe with him and sharing the smile between the two was unbearably sweet. I feel like Luffy tapped into his inner-child, back when he was still depending on the other two. Shockingly, Sabo didn’t go full psycho like I thought, I was expecting him to make the face he made with Bastille and let out some aggression but that could still come.

As a user in this thread postulated, we should be worrying about what Blackbeard’s plan is. He has been set up to be the anti-Luffy and the ultimate bad guy. We saw him and his friendly beginnings with Luffy and he holds the same ideology, that dreams never die, he stood up for Luffy. He traveled on Whitebeard’s ship looking for a devil fruit, killing a crewmate, he captured Ace, he became a Warlord, he freed the most dangerous crew imaginable, he started a war, he crashed the war to steal the most powerful fruit from Whitebeard while killing him, and he became an emperor of the sea, using his knowledge from Whitebeard’s crew to quickly take control. He may be an idiot who goes on power trips and gets his ass handed to him by Magellan or Whitebeard, but he is a planner and an opportunist. Thinking he is simply getting these devil fruits for their prowess is most likely a mistake. Slightly relevant, while reading through Skypiea I saw a cool little moment recently, Blackbeard’s sniper shoots birds from the sky while in Jaya which the crew cannot yet see. Usopp doubts a sniper could be that skilled. Then in Water 7 he plays that role to save Robin. This is equivalent to Zoro stating he can't cut steel bars for power progressions sake in Orange Town, but it also chooses to inadvertently parallel the two snipers.

Outside of that Gyats was also pretty cool. He was always a likable commentator, being unable to hide his passion even against Rebecca and having a crush on strong warriors and their skill. It was a nice treat to have him be the one to team up with Luffy as the other civilians ran. There are many people that could save the day for Luffy here, from the samurai and Franky or Fujitora or whatever, so I don’t think voicing predictions would be too helpful but ultimately I think Fujitora has to act at some point, so I’d at least wager he’ll be doing something.
Jun 7, 2021 9:20 AM

May 2016
I don't know, man. Even with their numbers, keeping someone like Doflamingo occupied for 10 whole minutes still sounds impossible. They'll manage somehow, though.

It'd be rather amusing to think about who'd end up butting in on Luffy's way~

Aug 15, 2021 1:44 AM

Jun 2019
Luffy needs 10 mins. to recover his Haki. I see.
Aug 28, 2021 11:30 AM

Aug 2021
Sabo saved luffy from burgees

Damn Blackbeards can take over others DF powers and use 2 at the same time

Run Gyats Run!!!!

May 16, 2022 4:19 AM
Jul 2018
for some reason I'm happy that gyats got to know who was the Lucy in the coloseum and Sabo is awesome I have a feeling that these 10 minutes are gonna be long at least 5 episodes
removed-userAug 13, 2022 4:25 AM
Sep 10, 2023 4:08 AM
Oct 2019
Hey it's Cats, i mean Gyats.

10 minutes in Anime, i wonder how many episodes it will takes lol

More of Sabo please!!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 367 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lofoc - Aug 24, 2008

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 366 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Miked - Aug 19, 2008

50 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 365 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Aug 12, 2008

50 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 364 Discussion

Somebody - Aug 5, 2008

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 363 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jul 24, 2008

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.