Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 11, 2016 3:34 PM

Dec 2015
My indecisive nature has foiled me once again and I'm struggling to decide what I should watch next from my PTW list.

So I'm leaving the decision to you guys. Suggest something from my PTW list and I'll watch whatever gets the most suggestions.

(Not Erased I'm waiting for it to finish airing first)
Feb 11, 2016 3:36 PM

Dec 2015
death parade and higurashi no naku koro ni kai
Feb 11, 2016 3:38 PM
Feb 11, 2016 3:39 PM

Nov 2015
Only 7 to choose from. You don't seem to have watched any horror so higurashi is probably a good way to start off if your interested.
Feb 11, 2016 3:39 PM

Feb 2014
If I were you? Nothing from there. Watch the Death Billiard OVA instead, Death Parade pretty much ruined everything that made it good.
Feb 11, 2016 3:49 PM

Apr 2009
Shirobako - you didn't watch many dramas

Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀ sᴋʏ ʟᴏᴄᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴊᴀʀ
ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀ ɢᴀʟᴀxʏ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I'ᴍ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ
sᴛᴀʀ.
Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀs ᴀs ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ sᴏᴏɴ ᴘᴇʀɪsʜ,
ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴜᴛᴜᴍɴ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs, sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ sʜᴀʟʟ
ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴇʀɪsʜ.

Feb 11, 2016 3:53 PM

Oct 2015
Death Parade is good.
Feb 11, 2016 4:16 PM
Jul 2018
Denpa-teki na Kanojo then Kai.
Feb 11, 2016 4:37 PM

Jun 2015
+1 Death Parade

Lemon said:
If I were you? Nothing from there. Watch the Death Billiard OVA instead, Death Parade pretty much ruined everything that made it good.
What's the thinking behind this? I've heard similar stuff before, but having watched both, I don't get it. The overarching storyline of DP isn't very strong, sure, but I thought the episodic segments were at least on-par with DB, if not better.
Feb 11, 2016 4:42 PM

Dec 2015
Ok I'm calling it here.

4 - for Death Parade
2 - for Higurashi
1 - for Mirai Nikki, Denpa-teki and Shirobako

Looks like Death Parade wins.
Thanks for your suggestions everyone.
Feb 11, 2016 5:20 PM

Jan 2016
Nobody said noragami. Sad, thats one of my favs
Feb 12, 2016 4:59 AM

Feb 2014
5hine said:
+1 Death Parade

Lemon said:
What's the thinking behind this? I've heard similar stuff before, but having watched both, I don't get it. The overarching storyline of DP isn't very strong, sure, but I thought the episodic segments were at least on-par with DB, if not better.

Exactly. I felt the weak over-arcing storyline, the mess that is the regular cast, and way the mythology was use really detracted from the episodic stories. And I disagree about the episodic segments being better... some were on par but the explanations and the unnecessary clarification that followed undid all the good work.

The whole point of DB is that we don't know where the players ended up going and the uncomfortable sense regarding Decim's objectivity came through clearly enough as it is. It raised questions, but those questions didn't need on-screen answers. I don't really enjoy being patronised by anime, the spoon-feeding and lack of subtlety gets really grating in DP over time.

I guess if you are not a big fan of episodic shows or if you like your stories to be absolutely clear and (imo overly) well-explained, Death Parade is the way to go.

tl;dr: I like Mushishi and I'm hella salty.

More topics from this board

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

11 by windyshadow »»
1 hour ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Yesterday

1 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
5 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

71 by rikkaheh »»
8 hours ago

» Watched one episode but forgot the name

Snailsoup - Yesterday

2 by Snailsoup »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.