Forum Settings
Forums

happy but forgotten or struggle and be remembered?

New
Feb 10, 2016 10:12 PM

Aug 2009
Between these two choices which would you choose?

1. You have to struggle your whole life. Family situation sucks, never find love, you got picked on in school, no moneyz. Later on in life you end up doing something which gets you recognition, whether it be becoming the best athlete in a sport, or a leader of a cultural movement, a great philosopher, inventor, scientist etc. and then you die early, probably alone and not really able to reap the benefits of your success. However people quote you on message boards, wear shirts of your face and make memes about you and shit and you're remembered in a pretty great light overall.

2. Your life is pretty laidback. You never really had financial problems, but also don't really stick out. You're pretty average in every way. Relationships, career etc. You live to be a ripe old age and die surrounded by your family and loved ones. No one outside of the people that knew you will remember you, but you enjoyed a long and peaceful life and you never really had to struggle for anything.

Both have their ups and downs, but which would you choose?

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 10, 2016 10:14 PM

Feb 2016
I would like to leave a mark before i die. So struggle and be remembered.
Hard choice though.
Feb 10, 2016 10:15 PM

Apr 2014
Whatever puts me in the history books fam.

Also, seems like a ripe opportunity to have included a poll lol.
Feb 10, 2016 10:16 PM

Jun 2015
I honestly don't care who remembers me after I die.
So definitely the happy but forgotten choice.

Feb 10, 2016 10:17 PM
Jan 2013
If I can choose? Hell I'll get mi gud life thanks. Suffer mi whole life so I can have mi name written on some history books? Heeeeeeelll nooooooo
gone bai bai
Feb 10, 2016 10:19 PM

Jan 2009
no doubt i would like to be happy even though im forgotten, at the moment im sad and forgotten anyway, so if there a chance i can be happy or with less problems then i will like that
Feb 10, 2016 10:19 PM
Dec 2015
LoneWolf said:
Between these two choices which would you choose?

1. You have to struggle your whole life. Family situation sucks, never find love, you got picked on in school, no moneyz. Later on in life you end up doing something which gets you recognition, whether it be becoming the best athlete in a sport, or a leader of a cultural movement, a great philosopher, inventor, scientist etc. and then you die early, probably alone and not really able to reap the benefits of your success. However people quote you on message boards, wear shirts of your face and make memes about you and shit and you're remembered in a pretty great light overall.

2. Your life is pretty laidback. You never really had financial problems, but also don't really stick out. You're pretty average in every way. Relationships, career etc. You live to be a ripe old age and die surrounded by your family and loved ones. No one outside of the people that knew you will remember you, but you enjoyed a long and peaceful life and you never really had to struggle for anything.

Both have their ups and downs, but which would you choose?

You don't even know if the history books will last , If a meteor big enough hits the planet before we colonize Mars or something . GG you just screwed yourself over and no one remembers you.
Feb 10, 2016 10:22 PM

Jun 2011
I don't really care about being remembered by anyone other than the ones I know and care about, so I'll go with the second option. The laidback life sounds nice.

Feb 10, 2016 10:32 PM
Dec 2014
Second option because I don't care to be remembered.
Feb 11, 2016 12:20 AM

Apr 2015
Ive always will choose a laid back life
i dont really care if someone forgets about me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2016 12:23 AM
Feb 11, 2016 12:33 AM
Jul 2018
I'll take number 2 please. I don't care if people remember me, i'll be dead and so will they sooner than later.
Feb 11, 2016 2:30 AM

Oct 2015
Option 2 seems boring. Option 1 for me, I hope I'll do something big and good someday.
Feb 11, 2016 3:23 AM

Jan 2015
2. We don't know what happens after death. If we truly die forever then 2 is the best option. I am too selfish. I care more about myself that what others think.
Feb 11, 2016 4:03 AM

Apr 2015
Unless you have tons of money in the bank, you can't guarantee your average happy life forever as far as i'm observed. No one knows what would happens in the future. Everybody's struggle for saving money coz we would get old, have a kids, get hospitalized, and so many things that could possibly go wrong so option 2 is a basic shit. Nothing will go that smooth in reality.

For now i'm still young so I rather have a dream and hoping i can became a rich inventor one day than your average worker guy. At least my survival rates don't drop to zero.
WEABOO SCIENTIST
Feb 11, 2016 4:20 AM

Jul 2015
As long as i can not enjoy that power , why would i chose it ?
So number 2
Feb 11, 2016 4:22 AM
Jul 2018
Number 1.

I can be someone who starts a revolution and leave a mark when I lose/die, but succeed at the same time.
Feb 11, 2016 6:38 AM
Jul 2015
Assuming there's nothing after death, it won't matter to us in the end. So I guess that would mean we should try and be as happy as possible in our lives while we can appreciate them.
Feb 11, 2016 6:53 AM

Jan 2012
Happiness is nice but it's not for me, nor do I want to be remembered lol. Quite the conundrum. I guess I'll pick the third option, struggle and forgotten. :3
Feb 11, 2016 6:59 AM

Dec 2015
LOL THIS IS SOO FUNNY!! Cuz I am actually struggling financially and in terms of relationship and I highly doubt that I will go anywhere high in my life. So basically my life is the only bad side of the first choice. RIP MY LIFE.

Back to topic: I would choose the first choice.
Feb 11, 2016 7:18 AM

Jun 2015
the latter.
REMEMBER ME IN HISTORY!
Feb 11, 2016 7:27 AM

Aug 2015
Happy and forgotten is the obvious choice for me. I don't care about making history or anything like that.

More topics from this board

» What's a book opinion that if someone had you would disown them?

vasipi4946 - Mar 30

42 by vasipi4946 »»
8 minutes ago

» What hobbies, skills, or common views do you wish a significant other had?

IpreferEcchi - 10 minutes ago

0 by IpreferEcchi »»
10 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - 8 hours ago

13 by DreamingBeats »»
21 minutes ago

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - 9 hours ago

8 by MadHobbit2 »»
26 minutes ago

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - Apr 17

35 by PostMahouShoujo »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.