Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 10, 2016 8:17 PM

Oct 2015
So with Magi's spinoff series that follows the adventure of Sinbad before he becomes king coming up in April. I began thinking of shows that would have some really stellar or great spinoff/prequel series to them that follow a certain person or group. Here are some that I would like to see:

1. The Phantom Troupe origins (Hunter x Hunter 2011)- To me the best part of HxH was the villains, none more so than the Phantom Troupe. These guys were both brutal and cunning yet had motivations that made sense. They in particular were the highlight of the show for me and easily had some of my favorite characters in it. In this spinoff Id like it to focus more so on how it was formed and the jobs that they did.

2. Levi before the Survey Corps (Attack on Titan)- Easily one of the most liked characters of the series, Levi's backstory was touched upon in the manga as he was a thief and criminal but a full in depth story would really be interesting for me. Also it would deal more with the politics and governing of the inner city walls than with the titans.

3. Tsuchimikado's line of work (Toaru Majutsu no Index) - Many characters in this show deserve a some sort of side story but none more than Tsuchimikado. This guy is both a stone cold mercenary/assassin that will kill almost anyone regardless and also a comedic sis-con character. He's the kind of character that would make a great story to have while keeping the story entertaining and I'd like to see more of his dealings with the dark side of Academy city and with the cover-ups hes done for the Church.

4. Acnologia's rise to power (Fairy Tail) - This guy is the only villain in fairy tail to me that acts like one. He's brutal, massacred thousands of dragons and people, and is feared by all( even Zeref can't beat this guy straight up). So with that being said a spinoff series of this would be awesome. How did he become so powerful? What are his motivations? Questions like this are what i'd like to be answered about this certain character. Also i'd really like to have a dark side of fairy tail that is darker and this character would be the way to go. (Fairy Tail to me is too light hearted with friendship speeches that allow you to beat X character, Villains that are talked out of whatever action they are doing, etc)

5. Emi and Maou before earth (Hataraku Maou-sama!) - In the show we get a small snip-it of what was going on in their world before coming to earth. Their war had engulfed the entirety of that world but how did it get like this? I feel as though the author made a really interesting world but then never elaborated on it due to them coming over to earth through the portal. That place was in my opinion reminiscent of the seven deadly sins in terms of world building and i believe that it would could be a great story that builds up then ends when they transition over to earth.

So these are ones that I would have liked to see happen(even though they never will). What are some other characters or groups would you like to get their own show for? (please elaborate on why you'd like to see X show though)

"I wish I was sober to feel the pain
So many dark days I can’t explain"

----------
My Sigs
MAL Interview
Feb 10, 2016 8:20 PM

Jun 2012
I would rather just see the next season of Hataraku Maou-sama! instead of any side story or spin-off, because that show was a a lot of fun to watch. I couldn't really care less about anything else at this point that doesn't involve the adaptation of a manga I like or a sequel of something I enjoyed.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Feb 10, 2016 8:41 PM

Oct 2014
We obviously need a full 25 episode anime all about Roy Mustang. According to MAL's favourite character list he is the second most popular supporting character with over 10k favourites. The most popular supporting character is Itachi Uchiha and apparently he will be getting his own anime next season.
Feb 10, 2016 8:44 PM

Sep 2015
PraetorPat said:

2. Levi before the Survey Corps (Attack on Titan)- Easily one of the most liked characters of the series, Levi's backstory was touched upon in the manga as he was a thief and criminal but a full in depth story would really be interesting for me. Also it would deal more with the politics and governing of the inner city walls than with the titans.

Already done, mate.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/25781/Shingeki_no_Kyojin__Kuinaki_Sentaku
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Feb 10, 2016 8:45 PM

Oct 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
We obviously need a full 25 episode anime all about Roy Mustang. According to MAL's favourite character list he is the second most popular supporting character with over 10k favourites. The most popular supporting character is Itachi Uchiha and apparently he will be getting his own anime next season.

You know what that would be actually really good. I didnt think of that one but I can see what they could do with that like boot from camp through the war

-Senpai- said:
PraetorPat said:

Already done, mate.

Did not know about that, Thanks! But it is only 2 episodes so wouldn't it be better in a full length cour?

----------
My Sigs
MAL Interview
Feb 10, 2016 8:47 PM

Jul 2014
Holybaptiser said:
I would rather just see the next season of Hataraku Maou-sama! instead of any side story or spin-off, because that show was a a lot of fun to watch. I couldn't really care less about anything else at this point that doesn't involve the adaptation of a manga I like or a sequel of something I enjoyed.

Yeah, If they did a Prequel to that shit it wouldnt make sense since the "devil" wouldnt even be there yet and it would just be all based around school mostly likely

Would bassicly be shit because it would have nothing what made that show good

Hell there doing that with Barakamon, prequel set in school so the best part of the show, the island, isnt even in the show its just school so who gives a fuck about that
Feb 10, 2016 9:17 PM

Jul 2013
i feel more often then not it ruins characters

certain characters are created with the intention of getting a specific amount of screen time
Feb 10, 2016 9:36 PM

Feb 2013
what was inferno cop doing before eliminating crime in jack knife edge town?

what are Tamotsu's whereabouts after the events of boku no pico?

how did sayuri and hiroshi meet?
Feb 10, 2016 9:41 PM
Jan 2013
Anything more serious with a comedic spin off would be nice. I mean, Haruhi gave me the good Nagato and Haruhi-Chan gave me the better Nagato. I don't really have anything to lose really. Just bringem to me.
gone bai bai
Feb 10, 2016 10:27 PM

Sep 2013
Akame ga Kill! needs a prequel between Zero and Tatsumi's joining. The world needs more Sheele :(
Feb 10, 2016 10:30 PM

Jun 2015
A Baccano! spinoff focused on Miria and Isaac through the years would be pretty awesome in my opinion.
:)
Feb 10, 2016 11:02 PM

Jun 2015
PraetorPat said:

-Senpai- said:
Already done, mate.

Did not know about that, Thanks! But it is only 2 episodes so wouldn't it be better in a full length cour?

Those 2 episodes describe how Levi got into the Survey Corps. The manga describes in detail about Levi's backstory/childhood and I'm sure it'll be animated in season 2.

Actually, if you want to learn more about Levi without spoiling yourself, I'd suggest reading the ACWNR manga since the OVAs skipped over some stuff in the manga that explained what type of person Levi really was before he joined the Survey Corps.
-
OT: I'd love to see a short spin off series of what all these "tragic" heroes do in their spare time. Like, what happens when the Scouting Legion from SnK are not fighting titans? Or what did Shinji Ikari do when he wasn't crying all the damn time?
Feb 10, 2016 11:13 PM

Jul 2014
Xerxes Break needs his own spinoff. I need more of his pre-contractor life
Feb 10, 2016 11:21 PM

Mar 2015
Gintama needs a movie featuring Gintoki's role in the war as that isn't elaborated much in the anime.

Darker than black also needs a movie that features Hei's part in Heaven's war because that isn't talked about much either.

Both would be awesome to see.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Feb 10, 2016 11:22 PM

Sep 2014
Holybaptiser said:

Sequel would be far better. I'd like to see more interactions and development between Emi and Maou.

Good animes require sequels, not prequels.
Feb 10, 2016 11:24 PM

Oct 2015
vikki7783 said:

This is from Pandora Hearts right?

CrimsonWhite said:
Holybaptiser said:

Sequel would be far better. I'd like to see more interactions and development between Emi and Maou.

Good animes require sequels, not prequels.

They do have progression in the light novels so i'd go there for that, but i would also like to see another season as well. Plus having a prequel would give more background imo

----------
My Sigs
MAL Interview
Feb 10, 2016 11:25 PM

Jul 2014
PraetorPat said:
vikki7783 said:

#30CharactersForPrez

yep. Its a great manga, you should read it
Feb 10, 2016 11:28 PM

Oct 2015
vikki7783 said:
PraetorPat said:

#30CharactersForPrez

Is it completed? And I heard its better than the anime...

----------
My Sigs
MAL Interview
Feb 10, 2016 11:29 PM

Jul 2014
PraetorPat said:
vikki7783 said:

Is it completed? And I heard its better than the anime...

yes it's completed, 104 chapters. The anime is trash compared to the manga
Feb 11, 2016 12:25 AM

Jul 2013
White Fox must adapt Akame ga Kill! Zero and Sheele and Bulat sidestories in volume 1.5 but not for Sheele, she is just fodder anyway, but for Seryu's cameo and Bulat's abs :)
Feb 11, 2016 10:30 AM

Oct 2015
Illyricus said:
White Fox must adapt Akame ga Kill! Zero and Sheele and Bulat sidestories in volume 1.5 but not for Sheele, she is just fodder anyway, but for Seryu's cameo and Bulat's abs :)

Are you saying more along the lines of a reboot of the series?

----------
My Sigs
MAL Interview
Feb 11, 2016 10:43 AM

Jul 2015
PraetorPat said:

1. The Phantom Troupe origins (Hunter x Hunter 2011)- To me the best part of HxH was the villains, none more so than the Phantom Troupe. These guys were both brutal and cunning yet had motivations that made sense. They in particular were the highlight of the show for me and easily had some of my favorite characters in it. In this spinoff Id like it to focus more so on how it was formed and the jobs that they did.

Oh man so much yes. I've seen fanart of the 'adult trio' (Illumi, Hisoka, Chrollo) when they were younger- headcanons on how they began their path of villainy or whatever, and it was pretty sick. It would be even sicker to see the origins of the rest of the Phantom Troupe.

As for others, I'd like to see a Spirited Away spinoff focused on Haku. A lot of his past is pretty mysterious, so I think it'd be really interesting.
Feb 11, 2016 10:53 AM

Oct 2015
makasscythe said:
PraetorPat said:

Oh man so much yes. I've seen fanart of the 'adult trio' (Illumi, Hisoka, Chrollo) when they were younger- headcanons on how they began their path of villainy or whatever, and it was pretty sick. It would be even sicker to see the origins of the rest of the Phantom Troupe.

As for others, I'd like to see a Spirited Away spinoff focused on Haku. A lot of his past is pretty mysterious, so I think it'd be really interesting.

Headcannons while fun usually dont provide enough in depth for me to really get emotionally invested so yeah I'd really like to see that as well

----------
My Sigs
MAL Interview
Feb 11, 2016 10:55 AM

Sep 2014
zombie_pegasus said:

Love this! I totally agree... Hope that the reason why web applications like this exists is to give data analytics to the anime industry to take in to considerations or the forecast of events in the community.
Feb 11, 2016 12:30 PM

Jul 2013
PraetorPat said:
Illyricus said:

Are you saying more along the lines of a reboot of the series?
A reboot would be perfect, but I wasn't referring to that, but to an adaptation of two "spin offs" of Akame ga Kill.

Akame ga Kill Zero is a manga series who consists in Akame's past when she was an assassin at the service of the Empire and tells the events that lead her to desert from it and join the Revolutionary Army. The series is entertaining and tells a bit of the world of Akame ga Kill, who wasn't really explored in the manga, unfortunately, of the 25 chapters who has been released, only 16 were translated.

The other one is an special volume who consist in two side stories related to Sheele and Bulat. Is not something essential (except for one detail in Bulat's sidestory), but is really enjoyable, and if you liked Sheele or Bulat and you thought that they didn't get enough screentime in the main series, that is for you.
Feb 11, 2016 12:33 PM

Sep 2014
PraetorPat said:

They do have progression in the light novels so i'd go there for that, but i would also like to see another season as well. Plus having a prequel would give more background imo

I'm thinking more like a prequel for a romance show where they end up a couple or something at the end having a prequel. I wouldn't want to watch what happens to the character before they become a couple/confess more than I'd like to see them together. Romance fan here. Otherwise I suppose I wouldn't mind a prequel for background info, like the Monogatari series.

PS! Reading ain't my thing, yet

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 1 hour ago

4 by Dumb »»
4 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

162 by FZREMAKE »»
6 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 3 hours ago

14 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
7 minutes ago

» What else would be in your Favorites if you had MAL Supporter? (10 additional slots)

IpreferEcchi - 7 hours ago

4 by tchitchouan »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Best kind of relationship in anime?

IpreferEcchi - 6 hours ago

10 by Mishiia »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.