Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 9, 2016 7:16 PM
Dec 2013
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/The-Sara-chan
Please check my list first to make sure its not on there, as I feel like I've gotten ALOT of the good dubs already added x.x

I'm looking for super-actiony stuff (Durarara, Hamatora, Eureka Seven, Psycho-Pass Code Geass etc), as well as weird stuff like FLCL/D-frag/Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai mostly

I have zero interest in Slice of Life's, and I prefer not to involve too much mecha stuff. I don't want super-messed-up horror either, I'm not in the mood for that often. oh and no sports anime please <_<

DUBS ONLY please! it's fine if they're in progress dubs too :3

Hope I can get some good suggestions, thanks in advance.
Feb 9, 2016 7:33 PM

Aug 2015
Baccano!
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit
Feb 9, 2016 7:35 PM
Dec 2013
Blockmaster said:
Baccano!
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

both of those are already on my list.
Feb 9, 2016 7:57 PM

Jan 2016
Parasyte - action, has horror but not too much, dub in progress
Akuma no Riddle - It has a bad rep, but it gets much better after Episode 5
Btooom! - Dark but not insanely gory, shitloads of action
Owari no Seraph - Lots of action, but you probably won't like this since you didn't like Blue Exorcist
Feb 9, 2016 8:04 PM
Dec 2013
lycheejane said:
Parasyte - action, has horror but not too much, dub in progress
Akuma no Riddle - It has a bad rep, but it gets much better after Episode 5
Btooom! - Dark but not insanely gory, shitloads of action
Owari no Seraph - Lots of action, but you probably won't like this since you didn't like Blue Exorcist

Btooom should have been in my dropped list, Parasyte is NOT my cup of tea, Owari No Seraph is pretty badly rated so am wary....can you emphasize why its good? :x

Akuma no Riddle looks awesome though! Definitely picking it up ^_^ Thanks
Feb 9, 2016 8:19 PM

Jan 2016
The-Sara-chan said:
Owari No Seraph is pretty badly rated so am wary....can you emphasize why its good? :x

The concept is interesting and the story progresses well, though it didn't end up being mindblowingly stunning, the entertainment value was good and I loved the art.
Feb 9, 2016 9:01 PM
Dec 2013
still need more suggestionssss >.>
Feb 9, 2016 11:03 PM

Jan 2013
Welcome to the NHK, not action but it's one of the only shows to make me cry from laughing so hard

Seraph of the End was pretty good, has 2 seasons dubbed

Clannad in your PTW list, though it's not the action you're looking for

Trigun, old but gold

Shakugan no Shana, good action, good story, 3 or 4 seasons long

Claymore

Some more I'm probably not remembering right now
Feb 9, 2016 11:09 PM
Dec 2013
Terrato said:
Welcome to the NHK, not action but it's one of the only shows to make me cry from laughing so hard

Seraph of the End was pretty good, has 2 seasons dubbed

Clannad in your PTW list, though it's not the action you're looking for

Trigun, old but gold

Shakugan no Shana, good action, good story, 3 or 4 seasons long

Claymore

Some more I'm probably not remembering right now

Dropped Shakugan No Shana, Trigun always is kinda lingering in my head, just not been in the mood for it.
Claymore is on hold to watch with a friend, and yeah I did see Welcome To The NHK on other threads and it does look interesting.

I guess I can give Seraph a chance too, thanks for the nudge!

still want a fewwwww more~
Feb 9, 2016 11:16 PM

Oct 2015
Dub wise these are some of the best out there:

Kill La kill - The dub for this destroys the sub in terms of conveying emotion and action

The Devil is a part- timer- All the voice actors fit very well to each one they play as.

Space Dandy- What is there not to love about this shows dub? funny, witty and reminiscent of Rick and Morty(http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Rick-and-Morty])

Guilty Crown- A very controversial anime but has an excellent Voice casting

Death Parade- Good VA as well like stated before

Also looking at your list most shows that i really liked dubbed as well youve already seen

"I wish I was sober to feel the pain
So many dark days I can’t explain"

----------
My Sigs
MAL Interview
Feb 9, 2016 11:28 PM
Dec 2013
PraetorPat said:

Kill La kill - The dub for this destroys the sub in terms of conveying emotion and action

The Devil is a part- timer- All the voice actors fit very well to each one they play as.

Space Dandy- What is there not to love about this shows dub? funny, witty and reminiscent of Rick and Morty(http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Rick-and-Morty])

Also looking at your list most shows that i really liked dubbed as well youve already seen

all of these are already completed or in progress on my list though...I need fresh yummy new thingggss :V
Feb 9, 2016 11:41 PM

Oct 2015
The-Sara-chan said:
PraetorPat said:

all of these are already completed or in progress on my list though...I need fresh yummy new thingggss :V

Hmm then i suppose Akagami no Shirayuki-Hime, Black Bullet, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, and Kekkai Sensen

----------
My Sigs
MAL Interview
Feb 10, 2016 12:25 AM
Dec 2013
PraetorPat said:
The-Sara-chan said:

Hmm then i suppose Akagami no Shirayuki-Hime, Black Bullet, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, and Kekkai Sensen

yeah I was poking around /r/AnimeDubs earlier and saw Assassin Classroom so I'm on that, Can you tell me why you recommend the Snow White one and Black Bullet? Black Bullet has really low reviews so I'm curious what makes you think its good.

Blood Blockade looks good too, Thank you!

alright, I still want some light-hearted shows (not too ooey-gooey- though, something thats unique and stands out) full of comedy/insanity (like Welcome to the NHK, D-frag/FLCL, etc) and maybe one more heavy action show then I'll be good for awhile lol
Feb 10, 2016 12:35 AM

Oct 2015
@The-Sara-chan

Snow white has a really good dub cast to it with Brina Palencia as Shirayuki and Josh Grelle as Zen and its a really good romance ( if youre into that stuff)

Black Bullet has low reviews because many people saw it to be "too" edgy and there are a lot of lolis in the show(100s of them) but if you get past that its overall a decent show. Not good but not bad either and since its only 12eps its an easy get through. (there are moments where you'll be really sad too fyi) worth the watch

other than what youve seen and stuff there really arent many other good dub shows that i have yet gotten too (although I hear Cowboy Bebops Dub is amazing as well)

----------
My Sigs
MAL Interview
Feb 10, 2016 12:50 AM
Dec 2013
yeah I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel until more dubs get released...obviously I watch genres by mood, just not really been in the mood for stuff I have in progress much

nice quick jaunts of 12 episodes are always fun ways to spend the day
Feb 10, 2016 12:52 AM

Sep 2014
Kingdom(the dub is nowhere near as good as the sub, but if you don't watch subs, atleast It's bearable. The season 2 dub, is suppose to come out in march too)

Inuyasha+Inuyasha the Final Act

Busou Renkin

Tsubasa Chronicle

Hero Tales

Elemental Gelade

Shadow Skill

Yu Yu Hakusho

Kekkaishi

Kiba

Flame of Recca

Shounen Onmyouji
Feb 10, 2016 1:26 AM

Oct 2013
Canaan - female gunfighters

Higashi no Eden - hilarious comedy and good mystery

Nabari no Ou - one of my favorite characters is in it! Cool powers as well

Madlax - slow paced, focus on character but female gunfighters

Phantom requiem for the phantom - one of my all time favorite action + assassins anime

Princess Monoke - action all the way through

Samurai champloo - really good dub and I like the episodic fighting scenes

Senkou no night Raid - has bad ranking, but has action and cool super-powers
Feb 10, 2016 4:41 AM
Dec 2013
Zoltor said:
Kingdom(the dub is nowhere near as good as the sub, but if you don't watch subs, atleast It's bearable. The season 2 dub, is suppose to come out in march too)

Inuyasha+Inuyasha the Final Act

Busou Renkin

Tsubasa Chronicle

Hero Tales

Elemental Gelade

Shadow Skill

Yu Yu Hakusho

Kekkaishi

Kiba

Flame of Recca

Shounen Onmyouji

Busou Renkin was dropped as well as Elemental Gelade and the dub voices in Tsubasa (as a huge fan of the english Cardcaptors, Sakura being voiced by the brat from FMA:B was terrifying) killed that for me

Most of the rest are pretty outdated, or not my style of action.

Kiba however looked interesting, I'll be checking it out ^_^ TY
Feb 10, 2016 4:48 AM
Dec 2013
m0llerz said:
Canaan - female gunfighters

Higashi no Eden - hilarious comedy and good mystery

Nabari no Ou - one of my favorite characters is in it! Cool powers as well

Madlax - slow paced, focus on character but female gunfighters

Phantom requiem for the phantom - one of my all time favorite action + assassins anime

Princess Monoke - action all the way through

Samurai champloo - really good dub and I like the episodic fighting scenes

Senkou no night Raid - has bad ranking, but has action and cool super-powers

I've seen Princess Monomoke (I need to add all my Ghibli films tbh)
but the rest except for Phantom, don't seem like my cup of tea, I'm not a huge samurai fan frankly
I've also seen Eden From The East but not entirely <.<

but yeah, thanks for Phantom :3
Feb 10, 2016 7:00 AM
Dec 2013
last bump before bed, looking for crazy insane animes like FLCL, D-Frag, Welcome to the NHK, stuff that you watch and laugh your butt off at because its just nuts but works :3
Feb 11, 2016 3:06 AM
Dec 2013
bumpity bump!

still need some that match last post's description :3

More topics from this board

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - 9 hours ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago

» 150 Chapters Manhwa/Manhua

Nizalich - Apr 21

3 by duchessliz87 »»
7 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Yesterday

4 by ToG25thBaam »»
7 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

69 by WatchTillTandava »»
8 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

10 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
Yesterday, 9:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.