Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 9, 2016 8:05 AM

Mar 2014
This episode actually looked really good again and people start complaining about it? About a single scene? The first couple of episodes looked really bland and I lost count of the off model shots (overall just dissapointing), this episode looked great. The fight scene in the bedroom looked amazing, and while the fight in the forest went a little overboard (really stylized and off model on purpose which I'll admit doesn't really fit the show) it was still animated well

Considering what's coming next I'm glad Bones seems to have saved some budget
Feb 9, 2016 8:31 AM

Nov 2014
That was pretty awesome, Obi is badass
Hi there
Feb 9, 2016 9:04 AM

Oct 2015
danieltortoisee said:
Very intense episode this time, but it bothers me how the show is yet again using Shirayuki as a damsel in distress and yet again using her red hair as her captors' motivation (at least, the latter seems to be the case this time). I can understand why, especially with Obi's unrequited love of her and Raj's general development on the line, but it doesn't exactly make it any better.

Got kidnapped from kidnappers along with initial kidnapper.Lol.
JeffNoel13 said:
Shrimperor said:
Kidnapception: Shoujo Edition

lol you clever fuck

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Feb 9, 2016 2:53 PM

Jul 2013
danieltortoisee said:
Very intense episode this time, but it bothers me how the show is yet again using Shirayuki as a damsel in distress and yet again using her red hair as her captors' motivation (at least, the latter seems to be the case this time).

I thought to myself:,,These kidnappers better have some good motivation", as soon as they're introduced.

leonstone said:
lol that obi fight scene had such shitty animation , almost as bad as naruto

Truth.

This episode was really intense but they are kinda repeating the tested formula, but maybe there will be some more development on this kidnapping accident later. How didn't she ask Kazuki why he kidnapped her? That would be my first question.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Feb 9, 2016 5:38 PM

Aug 2014
This was too good!

Zen better step his game up because Obi is slowing becoming my favorite character in the series.
Feb 10, 2016 1:23 AM
Jul 2018
That Obi fight, BONES didn't disappoint, loved the intensity.
Feb 10, 2016 1:33 AM

May 2010
The pirate lady sounds like a man.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 10, 2016 1:37 AM

Jul 2011
And that is why I love Obi. <3

I expected a little more resistance on Shirayuki's part, but she hasn't really been given time to put her wit into action. Plus she's super scared now. But I want her to do something for herself, c'mon...

Zen on a white horse lol.
Feb 10, 2016 5:15 AM

Sep 2014
Well, I didn't expect the pirates to be a separate group all together.

But, It looks like my theory may be right. The mountain ppl are looking for her and it seems me may still be of royal lineage and her long lost family is looking for her. (remember my long ass comment on ep 4 about my theories on who she may be).
Feb 10, 2016 4:21 PM

Dec 2015
YESSSS Obi is so hawt when he's angry. Like omg.

I love Raji so much >///< and Zen.... Goooo Zen, Obi!! Go get Shira <3
I want to punch that pirate lady in the face for punching Kazuki in the face >.> he is a good little bishounen. He doesn't deserve to get punched ;-;

"Because nothing makes one happier than being with the one you love."
~ Isla, Plastic Memories

Click my signature for my list ^^
Feb 11, 2016 8:54 AM

Apr 2015
That pirate woman is disgusting.

Obi...my man.

Awesome episode.
Feb 14, 2016 6:21 AM

Dec 2012
Obi going apeshit on that guy lmao
Feb 15, 2016 10:13 PM

Nov 2014
Obi is the best, always.
I also like those two kidnappers, looks like a good arc.
Feb 18, 2016 3:08 AM

May 2014
Zee530 said:
Can't believe i watched this immediately after watching ep 11 of RWBY, my heart couldn't handle both.

RWBY?What is that?
I love these two <3[url[/url]
Feb 18, 2016 4:08 PM

Nov 2011
Tsururin_Tsun said:
Zee530 said:
Can't believe i watched this immediately after watching ep 11 of RWBY, my heart couldn't handle both.

RWBY?What is that?

roosterteeth.com/show/rwby

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 19, 2016 8:39 AM

Dec 2012
The action was intense, Obi is strong but he was surprised by the kids. For the first time I saw the despair in Shirayuki's eyes T-T
Mar 6, 2016 10:35 AM

Jul 2009
Obi cares a lot about Shirayuki.
It's nice to see how Raji is changing for good!
The pirate is scary!
Mar 10, 2016 2:55 AM

May 2010
Obi in badass mode was cool. Always thought Kazuki wasn't as bad as he seems. Looking forward to Shirayuki showing her wits as always.
Mar 15, 2016 9:59 AM

Feb 2014
Whoo, action. Obi was full on no-anger-managment. I think with his development this season, he might just be my favourite character of this series.

I wonder what Kazuki's motives for kidnapping are, because it seems of the two people that kidnapped Shirayuki, that woman seems worse.
Mar 21, 2016 3:56 PM

Feb 2013
+1 for plot. Above average episode.
LOL the kidnapper got kidnapped.
Apr 3, 2016 8:48 PM

Jan 2013
I am so sorry but what?! She got kidnapped again? Pretty lazy story writing I must say......
There are better ways to advance the story than to have the main heroine getting kidnapped three time plus a kidnapping attempt so far in the anime series.....In this ep I count this as the two kidnappings. (-_-) one by the Kazuki and another one by the pirate......
I really hope that Shirayuki isn't a damsel in distress for the reminder of the anime....

Obi best guy woot!
BornWithCHeeSeApr 3, 2016 8:53 PM
May 25, 2016 12:38 AM

May 2013
Raj and Mihaya's character designs are so similar sometimes I mistake them for each other until they talk, ehheh... ^-^"
Jul 12, 2016 2:55 PM

Oct 2008
watched from [GJM]
rampage angry mode Obi was cool!
Looks like Shirayuki is in a lot of trouble and got worse because of the bastard pirates!
4/5.

Jul 16, 2016 4:13 PM

Nov 2013
Kazuki is probably the worst kidnapper ever: mentions the name of his companion and then gets kidnapped himself. Either way he pisses me off. Where she belongs, is not for you or someone else to decide.

I like, that Raj is really worried about Shirayuki and decides to help. He really matured the last few episodes.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 26, 2016 4:14 PM

Jul 2014
Finally, the story is going somewhere.

4/5
Nov 8, 2016 1:50 AM

Jun 2015
Given that its a Shoujo, it was quite an intense episode!
Feb 1, 2017 11:03 PM

Aug 2012
Everyone comes together to save Shirayuki <3 This is the most exciting episode!!
Oct 5, 2017 1:53 AM

Dec 2012
Dat sakuga.
Obi got knocked out.
Shirayuki was taken.
Kiki.
Garack.
The King. He's not voiced by Norio. Shame.
Dat sakuga.
Shirayuki sleeping with Kazuki.
Kazuki got bitch slapped.
When your kidnappers get kidnapped. A kidnap within a kidnap. A two fold kidnap. Kidnapception.

Finally, I can say "Good episode." Only took 17 episodes.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 22, 2017 2:43 PM

Feb 2012
Them pirates have a turtle dinosaur thing as their figurehead, they must mean business.

I wonder if the time the clock stopped (which was the time of the first kidnapping) would be an important plot point.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 5, 2017 11:46 PM

Dec 2013
Obi was impressive tracking down the kidnappers so quickly.

The kidnapper got kidnapped...
Jan 19, 2018 11:26 AM

Jul 2017
This is getting interesting. At this peace this season will be even better than the first one.
May 14, 2019 7:09 AM

Jun 2013
WHAT AN INTENSE EPISODE.

Shirayuki is kidnapped by Kazuki and Itoya. Obi is knocked out by the kidnappers because Prince Raj's little siblings open the door suddenly. T_T

My lovely Zen to the rescue. (>人<) (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♥‿♥

I am proud for Raj. He is getting mature. He starts to embrace his duties and to become stronger, thanks to Shirayuki.

OBI IS SO BADASS IN THIS EPISODE. HE GOES IN FULL WRATH MODE. HIS DEATH STARE IS... WOW. ALTHOUGH HIS LOVE FOR SHIRAYUKI IS UNREQUITED, HE STILL LOVES HER DEARLY. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง ♥‿♥

So Shirayuki and Kazuki is kidnapped by pirates aka the "Sea's Talon." Poor Shirayuki. She is double kidnapped. :'((
Sep 14, 2019 5:54 AM

Apr 2017
Man, I didn't expect such bad animation during the forest fight. At least the end, with the guy pinned to the tree, was good.

On one hand, Shirayuki's red hair will probably make her a target her entire life. On the other, haven't we been through this subplot several times already?

As for Kazuki, part of me feels that they're hinting towards him being related by blood to Shirayuki, but I sure hope she doesn't turn out to be part of a still ruling royal family, her being a commoner made for a more interesting plot than that. That scene with Shirayuki talking about her roots with Obi was surely planted for something that'll come up in future episodes.

Now that I think about it, what if Shirayuki's part of that clan of vigilantes that isn't officially acknowledged by the king of Tanbarun, or even bandits?
Sep 20, 2019 1:59 AM
Dec 2017
Obi is so cool... damn
Apr 21, 2020 3:40 AM

Jun 2013
Kidnapception! LOL

Yuki-cha is just one kidnappable character. She is always getting kidnapped. Does she always get kidnapped in the manga too? She can't physically fight either and has to heavily rely on people around her to save her. She is the epitome of a damsel in distress, tbh. However, she is mentally strong, just not physically.
臭い-
Dec 25, 2020 5:26 AM

Jul 2017
The kidnapper got kidnapped along with being kidnapped with the person who the kidnapper originally kidnapped. Damn. I found the episode to be a little bit nutty, but there is some actual plot happening here and the intensity's there for sure, now it's about anticipating the motives exactly behind all the kidnappings happening here as well as Zen and Raj being able to make it on time along with Obi in his own route. The animation for Obi's rage and fight with one of the original kidnappers looked a little bit wacky with the cheap looking sakuga but at least it matched the intensity well enough for it to kind of work, and the rest of the episode looked really solid. I'm still preferring season 1 over this so far.
May 13, 2021 3:26 AM

Dec 2020
you know, my aunt had red hair, no one ever made a big fuss about it, no one kidnapped her or anything like that, am just saying :)
Jun 13, 2021 5:48 AM
Apr 2018
Yamada2 said:
So Kazuki ends up kidnapping Shirayuki. The other scar face dude keeps Obi busy while Shirayuki is tied up. And thanks to horrible timing, Obi gets knocked out as he gets distracted by the royal kids entering the room. Now Obi is super mad at himself for letting Shirayuki get kidnapped like this. And Zen had one of those bells sent for Shirayuki which would have worked to find her location in case she gets kidnapped.

This is a very big problem – Kazuki just picked a fight with two kingdoms. He didn't just kidnap a normal girl named Shirayuki, he kidnapped the representative of Clarines, the personal guest of the first prince of Tanbarun, the lover of the second prince of Clarines, and from the freakin royal castle at that. This boy's got balls, man. And now the royal guards of Tanbarun, the prince of Tanbarun, and the prince of Clarines are out to save her. Things don't look good at all. The king of Tanbarun knows that this isn't something to be taken lightly as this is one ginormous problem – the king doesn't know the exact position of Shirayuki in the castle at Clarines, but he does know that Shirayuki is representing Clarines to an extent and this matter can not be overlooked. So he gives Zen the freedom to move and Raj authority to take action. And surprisingly, Raj isn't going to sit at home as he wants to join Zen.

Meanwhile, the mountain bandits kidnap Kazuki and get Shirayuki as a bonus prize. The bandits have now, probably unknowingly, picked a fight with the princes of two kingdoms. Obi has also run after Kazuki and comes across the scar face dude but he was a bit too late as he reaches after the bandits left with Kazuki and Shirayuki.

The real question which rises here is who the hell is this Kazuki kid? He or that father guy he mentioned has some sort of past with Shirayuki as he wants to take Shirayuki to the place where she should be. And he knows her name which shows even more that he isn't a random kidnapper who wants to sell her off.

Things are getting very intense here. Can't wait for next week.
You need to remember this is a show for preschooler where noone ever faces consequences.
You are right his actions are pretty severe.
But he never gets punished for it in any way.
This really shows how bad the author is.
Aug 4, 2021 12:50 PM

Jan 2021
I feel so bad for Obi!!T_T my heart breaks for him. I hope he moves on from that one sided love.
Also Raji is such a interesting character!!
Sep 29, 2021 4:03 AM

Feb 2019
That was quite the intense episode, the most intense I've seen from this show. Loved it. I'm so confused on what's happening. I can't wait to watch the next episode!
Mar 28, 2023 12:20 PM

May 2020
Not saying those kids would've thrown punches or anything but at the very least they could've screamed enough to let the nearby guards aware of the situation.

Though kidnappers got kidnapped.. yeah that's the kind of fate you'd see yourself getting tangled up in if you deal with Shirayuki. Red hair.... BIG YIKES.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2016

117 by Seraschi »»
Feb 24, 1:44 PM

» Let's vote for production of the third season!

Shadow_Kurgansk - Dec 31, 2023

14 by Shadow_Kurgansk »»
Jan 16, 11:26 PM

» Help Us Promote "Shirayuki no Hime" Season 3 Petition

Shadow_Kurgansk - Jan 2

7 by SwiftSN »»
Jan 4, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

166 by pufinab »»
Nov 3, 2023 2:40 PM

» Season 3???

WannabeWeeb_ - Jul 22, 2021

15 by HaremKing01 »»
Jul 17, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.