Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think of the anime community? What do you hate/like about it?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 20, 2016 4:42 AM

Feb 2008
I feel that users like OP are the very reason this community has become so toxic. And I'm saying this after taking the time to read the whole 5 pages of this thread. Some users have given legit reasons why they prefer subs over dubs, in a very civilized manner, without slandering dubs or throwing any insults at the OP or at the other users. Yet the OP keeps rejecting their opinions and keeps calling them close minded and what not without bringing any solid arguments. It's this kind of shit that makes posting on MAL sometimes unbearable.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Feb 20, 2016 9:33 AM

Nov 2015
MAL is just way too salty at the moment.
You never know what rustles who's Jimmies and when it does happen they go full retard.
Feb 20, 2016 9:43 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Can I say one more time how much I hate the "I don't like it, so get rid of it" crowd???
Feb 20, 2016 9:56 AM

Aug 2015
What I think about the community :

Should I say more ?
Z-DanteFeb 20, 2016 11:43 AM
Feb 20, 2016 9:59 AM

Dec 2015
Only thing I dislike about the anime community (Anime population) is that some people want to be Asian and some to most are huge stereotypes.

I guess it all works out though; People in the east want to be like people in the west, vise-versa. I really hate the stereotype thing though.
I ship @Cewkie and @DarkZeroCalibur
Feb 20, 2016 10:34 AM

Feb 2016
I hate people forcing themselves to watch anime just to give a false opinion on it, that's how a 9/10 anime gets a 4/10 review.

If you don't really like the genre don't force yourself on watching something that you won't even like from the very beginning.

That aside I don't see any problem with the community.
Feb 20, 2016 11:40 AM

Aug 2010
idinahui said:
I hate people forcing themselves to watch anime just to give a false opinion on it, that's how a 9/10 anime gets a 4/10 review.

If you don't really like the genre don't force yourself on watching something that you won't even like from the very beginning.

But that's not really a false opinion, if anything it's a true opinion for that person as he did finish it all and didn't enjoy it as much as some other ppl did, nothing wrong with that.

On topic, bascially this.
Snappynator said:
It's the internet, most communities are horrible and have hypocrits, pretentious douches, elitist, haters...anime community isn't different from that. Though there can be plenty of nice people to talk with, you'll often find some troll threads here and there.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Feb 20, 2016 11:49 AM

Feb 2016
BigBoss said:
idinahui said:

But that's not really a false opinion, if anything it's a true opinion for that person as he did finish it all and didn't enjoy it as much as some other ppl did, nothing wrong with that.

On topic, bascially this.
Snappynator said:
It's the internet, most communities are horrible and have hypocrits, pretentious douches, elitist, haters...anime community isn't different from that. Though there can be plenty of nice people to talk with, you'll often find some troll threads here and there.

Yeah but sometimes they know that the genre is not their type but still watch it to fill their anime list, and even if anyone has the right to give their opinion I think its kinda sad .
Feb 20, 2016 12:04 PM

Aug 2010
idinahui said:
Yeah but sometimes they know that the genre is not their type but still watch it to fill their anime list, and even if anyone has the right to give their opinion I think its kinda sad .

I agree about avoioding the genre that you dislike and that there are ppl who do that for sure but I know there are ppl who rate particular anime from a genre that they like low as it wasn't as good to them. It's not always genre related.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Feb 20, 2016 1:20 PM

Aug 2014
Things I dont like within the anime community:

1) Fake and try-hard people on MAL.

2) People who all they talk about is taste/shit taste/good taste, and all shit like that.

3) Snobby people, who think that liking some kind of anime makes you smarter than others

4) Haters, people who hate a certain series and keep bringing it on every thread/topic, if the series is really really bad then i dont mind.

5) Hipsters, people who think that if some anime is popular then you cant give it 10/10 or 9/10.

6) Trolls with a bad sense of humors.

7) People who write too much and complicate you with their point of view to the point that you surrender without even reading.

8) DUB elitists

9) People who claim to be Critics but they dont know anything about criticism.

10) Offensive people.

Things I like within the Anime Community:

1) Open Minded people

2) Honest people who have their own opinions and can explain their choices.

3) Funny/positive people with a good sense of humor

4) SUB elitists :P

5) Reasonable people, those who can offer a polite/high-class discussion.

There is more but I think this is enough.
Feb 20, 2016 3:08 PM

Nov 2012
I hate anime fans in general for never wanting to criticize and explain why they like or dislike something when asked. They only wanna see what they want and cut out negatives or points that could harm their view of something. Anime fans are closed minded for the most part and wanna stay in their bubble.
Feb 20, 2016 3:17 PM

Apr 2015
F*ck the Anime community I personally hate it, that's why I just keep to myself.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2016 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
Being salty for the sake of salty.
some people are whining about useless thing.
not enough trap lover
blah blah blah

What I like.
I can talk about anime and other related thing.
Dec 11, 2016 9:19 AM

Aug 2015
Thanks OP, I think you pretty much summed up my thoughts on the bad apples in this community as well. I really do like to hang around MAL, because anime is not something I can typically discuss outside of it. On the other hand, there are so many small minded idiots that drag down the community and the fandom in general, but hey...we are dealing with the internet here.
"More than the cherry blossoms,
Inviting a wind to blow them away,
I am wondering what to do,
With the remaining springtime."

-Asano Naganori
Dec 12, 2016 8:32 AM

Mar 2014
Like: The media and animes that are produced
Dislike and totally hate: The fans and weird fandoms itself
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 12, 2016 12:13 PM
May 2016
I'm happy the OP posted this. I agree with Every single thing

I like anime and manga, but Thats about it. I just cant stand it when people are obsessing about Japan Thats just not healthy anymore. I mean, I want to be Japanese, they say. Really??
Jan 18, 2017 8:38 AM
Aug 2016
Agreement on every single one, especially the good and bad taste part, I can't stand terrible treatment for fans who like certain anime, it's immature and people like that are assholes.
Jan 18, 2017 9:10 AM

Nov 2015
Every single paragraph's on point, op.

As for me, one positive aspect of this community is that people are getting more involved and more critical. It's fun talking to them when they have their own unpopular but interesting opinions. One negative thing is, they are getting too irrational and illogical. Oftentimes when you disagree with something, they then criticize you rather personally. This kind of stuff, I know though, is completely natural but is somewhat disappointing when it gets overboard.

Anyway, everyone needs to calm down. I do not believe in the absolute, not that I believe there's no such a thing. We should not hate for being different, instead we should be grateful our community is fairly diverse. Diversity, I think, is a special kind of unity.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - Yesterday

36 by Miyamotodex23 »»
22 seconds ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

14 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

111 by logopolis »»
7 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

122 by BigBoyAdvance »»
17 minutes ago

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 2 hours ago

10 by BigBoyAdvance »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.