Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
May 31, 2016 9:49 PM

Jun 2013
Yume and Haruhiro scene was dope.

Slow pace is best pace.
Jun 26, 2016 2:17 AM

Sep 2013
I've played in Mary's position too many times to not know how it feels to deal with a noob party lol.
Jun 30, 2016 1:25 PM

Apr 2015
Quite a slow episode. Not digging Mary's character so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2016 10:24 AM

May 2012
Some more melodrama... well at least the story is progressing.
Aug 20, 2016 7:31 AM

Jul 2013
I don't even understand how they can have trouble communicating with each other. I mean I'm a shy person.. can't even ask for an extra ketchup in Mcdonald's. But if I'm in their position where I'm so poor I can't eat much, can't even buy underwear, fuck I'm gonna cooperate and do my fucking best and I'll make sure everybody else do too. There's too much drama and crying but I think these kids are just fooling around.
Oct 14, 2016 8:04 PM

May 2015
really not liking ranta dude.

but anyway the music really made me feel some emotions even though I don't really care about manato.

the haruhiro x yume is too strongg.
lowkey if yume dies im so done
Nov 14, 2016 11:48 PM
Feb 2015
Damn it, Yume and her cutesy act is so irritating. Just die already, you're only holding everyone down. You're a hunter and yet you chose to become melee, fucking noob. And what's with ending sentences with "-na". It doesn't sound cute at all. grrrr.

Contrary to the majority here, I like Ranta as a character and when he became impatient of Yume's nonsensical storytelling of "how cute she is" (episode 4), goddamnit, he instantly became my favorite character in this anime and probably the only reason why I'm sticking with this show. And with the addition of a competent character, Mary, I guess this show ain't that bad.

I'm not really a fan of how A-1 Pictures handles their stories so I started watching this with low expectation. So far, it's okay, I really like the art style and the battles are really engaging but the drama, it just doesn't work for me. I guess I'll just resume watching and see if my opinion will change.
Dec 31, 2016 4:36 PM

Sep 2016
fuck man that yume x Haruhiro scene was one of the best ive ever seen tbh.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Jan 16, 2017 12:24 AM

Jun 2012
I see Mary provides the spice their team needed.

Apr 27, 2017 4:38 PM

Nov 2015
Death doesn't hit everyone the same way, not the same time. I think it was a good scene, the one of Haruhiro crying under the rain. I could feel how he "realized" Manato was dead and all the pain of it hit him in one moment.

In the other hand, the comic relief of that odd and suggesting position of Yume with Haru was good jajaja, I laughed. I think it was a good way to end the episode. I mean, yeah, it was fanservice but it was not as free as the usual fanservice.

I like how this anime manages and portraits emotions.
May 7, 2017 3:36 AM

Jun 2015
Fucking Haruhiro, there was absolutely no moral baggage in taking that gold coin and still he has to look cool and ruin their chance at having decent lives. For what purpose does he think Manato died? So they could mope and never move on? Jesus, I get that they're depressed but that was just so insanely stupid.

Ranta is always right. Fuck Haruhiro and rest of the squad.
uh oh!
May 19, 2017 11:15 PM

Dec 2012
Damn. Dat slap!
Holy shit at Moguzo.
It's that girl from the opening. So her name is Mary.
Renji appears.
Dem tears.
Shihoru oppai.
Dat misunderstanding.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 22, 2017 8:30 PM

Mar 2012
I really don't see the problem had he accepted the coin. It wasn't done in a way to make them look pitiful but rather an act of kindness to a fellow group. What an unnecessary act of self pride instead of putting the team first. Already a shit leader lol.
Aug 21, 2017 9:11 PM

Jul 2013
Even if people found this episode slow I liked it. It's normal after what happened to Manato that everyone else is sad and tries somehow to handle this situation.

He was the leader and gave them a purpose. With him gone also this is gone. The boys didn't talk to the girls and Haruhiro invited a new priest in form of Mary. I don't know what to think about her. It's weird how she reacts to things (like when Ranta got injured and she refused to heal him). There's no harmony between them.

I had a feeling that Haruhiro wouldn't accept the gold coin of Renji even if this was very noble of him to do that.

The last part with Haruhiro and Yume was so well done. Brought some tears in my eyes ;_;
But that was so important. Both could finally show their emotions and they looked so cute together. The missunderstanding was real at the end what a nice HaruhiroxYume moment :)
Natsu88Aug 22, 2017 7:23 PM

Dec 2, 2017 5:50 AM
Feb 2014
The last few minutes of this episodes probably has to be the funniest shit i've seen in any anime for a LONG TIME

LOL

"Soka..."

I really wish there would be more of scenes with Haru and Yume though..
Jan 12, 2018 6:09 AM

Sep 2012
when Yume was crying at the beginning i was like Haruhiro stop standing there like a idiot & hug her!!!

yume x Haruhiro scene, Yume u sure have long wires, took u long enough to get why Shihoru acted like she walked in couple kissing LOL
Sugram22Jan 12, 2018 6:34 AM
Dec 9, 2018 6:28 AM

Jul 2008
taichikins said:
Objurgo said:
This entire series thus far though

Amen.

Yet again an ep where nothing happens.

At least mary isn't too bad of a char

Now I get why ppl don't see a reason for a 2nd season.
Seriously, that was the worst rpg anime I ever ever seen. Jesus Christ! A pure endless fan service, boring, dull and no developed characters and deaths without any impact to the viewer (jesus! Manato was a ''nice'' person, but we don't get any real and emotional introductions to grave like his companions did -- in a poorly way, btw).

I moved to 6th ep and I almost threw up in the first 10 minutes. That nonsense about Yume and Haru was Zzzz

I had high hopes for Grimgar, but I can't handle that sh*t anymore.
That said: dropped
Jan 3, 2019 11:54 PM

Jul 2016
Yasu-kun said:
I see Mary provides the spice their team needed.

Mary is going to whip these fools into shape

Just like Mary Poppins!
Jan 23, 2019 8:15 PM

Nov 2016
I'm loving the newest addition to the party. I laughed when Ranta needed to be healed but Mary was something like "Not wasting on that small cut." lol. With that Haruhiro x Yume moment, we can move on and hopefully not slouch off further over Manato's death.
Feb 20, 2019 10:50 AM

Apr 2013
Well that was a nice scene between MC-kun and Yume. They finally talked a bit about the stuff that happened recently. That new priest seems a bit strict, but she's not entirely wrong when it comes to tactics. Just because Manato was a frontline priest, doesn't meant she's as well. Renji is actually a pretty dope guy, who would've thought?
Apr 29, 2019 4:02 AM

Feb 2018
Good episode welcome new member.
Sep 9, 2019 3:53 PM

Nov 2016
I was about to ask when we get to see some of the other guys again. Kikkawa is kind of a douchebag, but it must've been due to the alc. It was also nice of him to introduce Mary. While Renji made it big.

There's a lot of room for improvement in terms of group chemistry, even more so since Mary joined. Looking forward to further development of the story.

Very powerful stuff again at the end, but lol, had to change the mood.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 16, 2020 5:55 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Somehow they made this episode even sadder than the last one

I was hoping that the previous episode's events weren't just used mainly for shock value, and I think that they didn't. They dwelt more on Manato's death and continued to mourn for him. Glad to see that his death wasn't just an empty akame ga kill style death that had barely any weight behind it, our characters seem to already be learning and growing from it as to what seems to be a major point in our main character's well, character arc. I do like how our main protagonist haru-kun seems to be the mature type and not your typical block head. Ranta is still slightly annoying but I have hope he will eventually grow out of it as well.

Also kinda like how they start hugging eachother and just chill in eachothers arms without suddenly blushing so hard and getting embarassed like typical highschool characters, I appreciated that mature aspect to it- that is until shihoro opens her window... idk I found it funny so I guess it's fine lol

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 5, 2021 9:08 AM
Aug 2014
Just Started watching Episode 5 after Ranta's shitty commments at the funeral and then his outburst in the pub I definatley would of given in and made his face eat the table, But at the same time they are all to blame including Manato himself for his death.

I've never known of a Priest who frontlines his smash skill to me is an absolute last resort attack if frontline don't do their job properly or an enemy blindsides them, Then again in their group they currently don't have a standard sword and board tank and ranged damage is currently non existent.

Looking at it none of them took this as seriously as they should of right from the beginning and the harsh reality of it shows if you can hunt goblins whos to say they can't do the same to you.

Going to finish watching this episode might edit and add more to this post when I finish but that's my current thoughts right now.

EDIT: Mary I think I love her already and the responses were brilliant and most importantly correct decision making Priest's dont frontline, use Staff as melee weapon or to heal light injuries which currently don't need attention. I think now the group is going to be ok now.
SyraneFeb 5, 2021 10:04 AM
Mar 8, 2021 9:51 PM
Mar 24, 2021 12:20 PM

Sep 2012
Yume has long wires (took long time to get that she misunderstood the situation) lol

lizebutnotrize said:
Nexxkinn said:
kind of ...okay episode? I don't know.
This whole episode is mainly just proving how weak their team actually is, and their feeling about Manato's death. Nothing much to talk about this episode.

Other than that,
- Mary is 9/10.
- Until this episode, I still don't know if I treat this show as SoL action or Drama...
- surprise, surprise! no insert song ! (?)

dat sideboob...
Lmao even in a supposedly emotional scene they still manage to sexualize/objectify the shit out of Yume. Also where the fuck is her supposedly flat chest?

that's not objectification, they showed how humans behave at times its all natural

this days awry little normal natural thing is included in to category of objectification or sexism its hilarious

it was romance implication not objectification/sexualization, it made Shihoru think they have something going on between them

if that's objectification/sexualization then awry romance series animated and live action are all objectification/sexualization with ur logic

and if u see it like that u have bit dirty mind (pervert) :D

TheBigGuy said:
lizebutnotrize said:
Lmao even in a supposedly emotional scene they still manage to sexualize/objectify the shit out of Yume. Also where the fuck is her supposedly flat chest?

I really don't see how she is sexualized/objectified in this scene. God forbid, that a female is shown as a female.

I think they managed showing the consequences of Manato's death good. The little misunderstanding at the end was funny though.

And I wouldn't keep Renji's money either. I wouldn't want to owe him something. I somehow don't like him, he is a bit fishy.

+1000
Sugram22Mar 24, 2021 1:57 PM
Mar 24, 2021 5:35 PM

Nov 2013
Sugram22 said:
Yume has long wires (took long time to get that she misunderstood the situation) lol

You're right. "Oh hi, Shihoru". :)

I recently rewatched Grimgar and that scene was as impactful as the first time.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 25, 2021 1:44 AM

Sep 2012
TheBigGuy said:
Sugram22 said:

You're right. "Oh hi, Shihoru". :)

I recently rewatched Grimgar and that scene was as impactful as the first time.

also rewatching i even forgot that the priest dies :D

unique Isekai
Mar 26, 2022 4:59 PM

May 2021
Best episode so far!!
The previous one was shocking really, didn't expected that Manato would drop dead, but this episode was a bit touchy imo.
May 26, 2022 11:07 AM
Nov 2020
Yume is actually cute when ahe end every sentence with "na" it's cute at times and it can be annoying at times haha but I'm fine with it
Aug 24, 2022 7:52 PM

Jan 2019
Actually very impressed at such a mature depiction of grief and how it affects your relationships. Loving this anime so far.

Nov 18, 2022 3:14 AM

Jan 2021
What a episode!
Literally what a freaking awesome episode man.
Peak level development between Haruhiro and Yume, which I was certainly hoping or expecting since the start of the anime.
Because i am a romcom king in anime and manga xD.
Well, anyways, 10/10 ep from me.
Really good and awesome .
Expecting more from this series.
Also the death of Manano was quite suddenly and shocking,
I was a bit emotional TwT.
It is what it is.
On the run.
Dec 3, 2022 2:42 AM

Nov 2022
That argument in the bar was one of the most believable sounding arguments I've ever heard in an anime, it really sounds like the VA's were pissed at one another. The conversation between Haru and Yume was also great, and the crying was also really believable, which is saying something.

Really shows that they don't have much of a clue of how their party dynamic should really work. Just like how Yume is still mainly focusing on melee combat when having a ranged fighter would be immensely more useful to the team, or how Ranta is still the one mainly charging in to fight multiple enemies when Mogzo is supposed to be the main combat tank. Also, even though Haru is a thief, he's barely been using stealth and hasn't actually done any thieving at all. He certainly hasn't done any surprise attacks, even his Backstab ability he's only used in direct combat.
Jun 13, 2023 2:23 AM

Jul 2014
OST at the end was so good
Jul 28, 2023 10:48 AM

May 2020
It's kind of easy to find the better part of this episode pointlessly annoying, I agree but I'm just glad they didn't rush through the things and have something like Haruhiro taking over the reins in some "i'm gonna train to death and will obliterate every living monster" kind of vengeful fashion. That wouldn't have felt right at all.

Manato has left but these people are still there, so they have to move on however bitter that may feel, and working on their team dynamics is the first step towards moving on.

Those last few minutes had some reals but yeah someone has to interrupt lol. That was a good tone change honestly.
Oct 1, 2023 10:14 AM
Jul 2021
Honestly before this and watching a vid on why this show is great I was dogging on this show, ranking it a 5/10 and almost dropped it. Imo this is so far the best episode as it's more emotional and intimate and less annoying/ boring. I think now I more get that this show is supposed to be a more realistic isekai and am starting to appreciate it for what it is, even if it's mid. I think mary can add a little bit of an interesting dynamic to the group so I'm holding out hope that I'll come to enjoy the series more moving forward. We'll see if it gets better.
Oct 24, 2023 9:20 AM

Apr 2008
THANK YOU MARY!

Literally the shows SAVING GRACE!

This was going to be my last episode before quitting because how much Ranta is a cancer, but Mary is easily the best character in this entire show
Mar 4, 6:02 AM
Apr 2016
The show is building and maturing a bit - this has been my favorite episode to far!
Apr 12, 8:25 PM

Dec 2022
Hate that I was laughing during serious scenes here, but the melodrama was just too bombastic for me to hold it in, especially during that last scene.

Mary seems like quite the stoic character. It's somewhat refreshing, as the rest of the party is full of some ostensibly emotional personalities.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

281 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 14, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

465 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

206 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

230 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 12, 11:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.