Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 7, 2016 7:26 AM
Sep 2015
Honestly they look like the worst couple I've ever seen. Neither of them give a shit about each other, all chichi wants is a guy that would stay home work and provide for his family (which has always been the opposite of what Goku is) and all Goku wants to do is train and save the world. They're never together, Gokus gone for years at a time (usually because he's dead and training).

Anyway what do you guys think should they split?
Feb 7, 2016 7:33 AM

Sep 2015
If Goku tried to split up with ChiChi, he would be sent back to the afterlife for the nth time. She's a scary woman.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Feb 7, 2016 7:36 AM

Mar 2015
Yep,divorce will make them happier.But that raises the question:
Who will keep Gohan?

Sep 2015
What, like Marge and Homer from the Simpsons did?

Rarity is Best Pony!

Nov 2015
LOL what are you talking about?? Chichi and Goku are romantic as fuck !
Feb 7, 2016 7:39 AM
Sep 2015
--IAmYourWaifu-- said:
Yep,divorce will make them happier.But that raises the question:
Who will keep Gohan?

You mean Goten? Gohan is an adult, married and has a kid now.
Feb 7, 2016 7:40 AM

Aug 2014
ItsMaz said:
If Goku tried to split up with ChiChi, he would be sent back to the afterlife for the nth time. She's a scary woman.

I have on the feeling that ChiChi would gladly accept actually, if that means she will be the only one to have a say on how Goten should be raised.
Feb 7, 2016 7:43 AM
Sep 2015
Itadakimasuuuu said:

Maybe during Dragon Ball days not so much anymore, Goku gives her millions of dollars (in Super) and she blows it in a week on pretty much nothing not to mention she abuses the hell out of Goku mentally and physically in front of the kids, he's literally terrified of her all time constantly tip toeing around her.
Feb 7, 2016 7:47 AM

Sep 2015
Snappynator said:
ItsMaz said:

I have on the feeling that ChiChi would gladly accept actually, if that means she will be the only one to have a say on how Goten should be raised.

Goten would want to go train with Goku though, and then World War 3 would happen.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Feb 7, 2016 7:49 AM

Aug 2014
ItsMaz said:
Snappynator said:

Goten would want to go train with Goku though, and then World War 3 would happen.

That would imply Goten would go against Chichi...and even Goten knows that doing so is the same as asking to be killed.
Feb 7, 2016 7:53 AM

Mar 2012
It's rare to have happy and functional family in anime much less in action shonen series.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 7, 2016 8:01 AM

Sep 2013
Only strong willed women can handle the saiyan men.

There is a downside thou, the kids become pussies like gohan turning into a nerd.
Feb 7, 2016 8:07 AM

Jan 2013
ItsMaz said:
Snappynator said:

Chichi is the one who taught Goten how to fight. It's why he couldn't fly even though he reached super saiyan.

She taught him how to fight because she missed Goku's presence in the house and didn't want him to leave the world with no one taking his mantle. Especially since she basically forced him to accept that she was going to raise Gohan her way.
Feb 7, 2016 8:10 AM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to the Dragon Ball Z board.
Feb 7, 2016 8:26 AM

Dec 2015
Obyson said:
Itadakimasuuuu said:

Maybe during Dragon Ball days not so much anymore, Goku gives her millions of dollars (in Super) and she blows it in a week on pretty much nothing not to mention she abuses the hell out of Goku mentally and physically in front of the kids, he's literally terrified of her all time constantly tip toeing around her.

Goku is very lucky to have Chichi as his wife.

Some people say that Chichi is too much of a nagger, but she has the right to Nag.

Goku never work (even though he and Gohan eats a lot) = They lived using the money that Chichi's father left them.
He had his chance to earn from tournament but it failed.

He often left her to go somewhere or to fight = Of course she will be worried and feel lonely.
He didn't really raised Gohan = Chichi had to raise their son alone and with the help of Piccolo.
Goku thought of nothing but fighting.

Chichi is very patient and a good wife. Even though she nagged at Goku sometimes, she doesn't nagged for no reason and in the end she just let Goku do as he please. She didn't want Gohan to grow up like his father but Goku still let him fight.

Although Goku fight to save the world... we also cannot deny that he also do it just because he wants to fight
Feb 20, 2016 5:02 PM
Feb 2016
Goku is saving the world though so his job is more important than chi chi's needs, so shes being selfish by nagging him.
Its over 9000!
Apr 6, 2016 6:11 PM
Sep 2012
Goku told Gohan to say sorry to Chi-Chi for him before sacrificing himself against Cell and told Goten to take care of her. Chi-Chi was exceptionally happy Goku returning for the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai despite knowing he'll be back only for a day.

Their relationship may not be conventional (or maybe even well-developed) but you'd be crazy that they're unhappy with or don't care about each other.
Apr 7, 2016 10:43 AM

Apr 2016
Goku would never divorce from her as he is afraid of her lol.
Apr 9, 2016 5:06 PM

Jul 2015
that would be one of the greatest things to ever happen in the history of dragon ball
Apr 9, 2016 5:12 PM

Dec 2015
Wonder why they ever married in the first place, dont remember ever seeing them act romantically with each other in the least
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 22, 2016 8:00 AM

Dec 2011
Rewatching DBZ now with Japanese dub and I only just noticed that in the first 100 episodes Chichi barely even acknowledges Goku's existence, much less says anything positive or reveal any sort of affectionate feelings toward him. I think literally in all that time she says like 2 sentences about being worried for Goku when he's on Namek. The rest of it is just her talking about how dumb he is and how bad a father he is and how worried she is about Gohan.

Not that she doesn't have a right to freak out over her 5 year old son getting involved in death matches, and not that Goku was returning the favor much either, though he was kind of busy saving the world.

But yeah, pretty bad couple indeed. It wouldn't have killed Toriyama to have them show a bit of genuine affection for one another.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2017 5:23 AM

May 2017
The anime is not so life-dramatic for a divorce, but, dunno... Maybe Goku is happy the way he is right now.

How they got married, though... is mind-blowing. She made him promise her to marry her when they were freakin' 12, they didn't even know what that implies, like sex, kids etc. (Chichi maybe, but Goku not a clue), they didn't see each other for years and when they were 18, she was crazy that he didn't recognize her and propose. Why the hell would you want a man to ask for your hand when he forgot who you are anyways? Or if he doesn't even know what a bride means? That's not too prideful for a woman, to persuade some naive boy into marrying you. You gotta keep in touch, go on dates, get to know each other before, see if you really like him as an adult and if he likes you back also, before making such a life-changing decision. But then, I guess Akira didn't know much about relationships (or healthy ones) and it was ok for him that way.
And on the other hand, she knew what kind of man Goku was, always on the road, willing to go on adventures. Why would you want to get someone to spend his life with you and then try to change him? Just go for a house-guy instead, lady. You knew what you got yourself into.

I'm not saying Goku is the perfect parent, but he grew up without any parental figure, he only had Gohan who died when he was a little boy. Maybe he doesn't know how to dad very much. Chichi was aware of that. And one thing I hate about the show is that the producers are sexists. I know they exaggerated Chichi's behaviour from the manga, but the driving-episode, I mean if she wanted a ride, why didn't she learn herself how to drive? They reduced her to a nagging housewife that her only role is to cook, clean and look after children, not get involved into 'men's jobs' and sometimes puts homework above the fate of the Universe.

And I can go on for pages about how she treated Goku after the saiyan saga when he was badly injured on the battlefield and then in hospital, but I don't feel like it.
The mindfucker.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 230 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 19, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 227 Discussion

10 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 226 Discussion

11 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 225 Discussion

9 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 3:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.