Forum Settings
Forums

How should Visual Novels be adapted into Anime?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 10, 2016 7:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Snappynator said:
Depends on the VN. One does not simply adapt Clannad Afterstory without Clannad. Going with VNs that to a certain degree can make for a linear story (I haven't read the Clannad VN, so I'm just basing it on what the VN readers said) is the best choice. When it comes to something like Rewrite where each route contradicts one another, the better choice is to either not adapt it at all or go with something like Higurashi, though that is going to be confusin.

For the people who suggest only adapting the True Route, you will have to take into consideration, that sometimes you need some of the character routes for the True route to even make sense. Though I haven't really read that many VNs as of yet, so I can't speak for sure on that part, but I'm guessing that is likely the case.
Depends. Sometimes it's just a "main heroine" route but it isn't actually that different from the others so it still works on its own. For more plot-centric VNs though then you oftentimes have some multiple parallel world shenanigans and stuff in which case you definitely need to read all of them in order for the true route to make sense (like Ever17, Rewrite, Baldr Sky etc)
Feb 10, 2016 8:15 AM

Apr 2010
If they can... seperate. If not, take the most popular option.

But it was really cool if you could change the ends while watching animes. But that's too diificult to do.

Feb 11, 2016 11:54 AM
Mar 2014
BonerBender said:
They shouldn't. Unless they're Steins;Gate (Which still has an extremely rocky start) they're awful (including CLANNAD).

That's hilarious.
Care to tell me how MuvLuv Alternative, Rewrite, Ever17 and Fate/Stay Night are awful?
It might be a bit difficult if you haven't read any of them, but try to give it a shot.

OT:
Don't adapt them, unless you are really familiar with the work and have a way to actually, properly adapt it. It can probably work if you're going to put your own (coherent or interesting) spin on it too, or maybe if you go full VN-reader fanservice like UBW did. Visual Novels are too different as a medium from anime to be adapted well by any average staff.
omfgplzstopFeb 11, 2016 12:01 PM
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Feb 11, 2016 12:04 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
omfgplzstop said:
BonerBender said:
They shouldn't. Unless they're Steins;Gate (Which still has an extremely rocky start) they're awful (including CLANNAD).

That's hilarious.
Care to tell me how MuvLuv Alternative, Rewrite, Ever17 and Fate/Stay Night are awful?
It might be a bit difficult if you haven't read any of them, but try to give it a shot.
Pretty sure he was talking about anime adaptations here, not the VNs themselves
Feb 11, 2016 12:09 PM
Mar 2014
HaXXspetten said:
omfgplzstop said:

That's hilarious.
Pretty sure he was talking about anime adaptations here, not the VNs themselves

I'm not that sure tbh. People often ignorantly attack the source of any adaptation they don't like, and when looking at the wording of the title ("how should vns be adapted into anime") his post seems to address vns specifically, since there wasn't anything in the first post that would've made it as an answer be about the adaptations.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do women also enjoy Yuri?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

16 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
1 minute ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

68 by L0bsterman »»
6 minutes ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream?

BroDa2545 - 52 minutes ago

14 by this_shit_again »»
9 minutes ago

» The most beautiful series in visual/artistic aspect? Share your opinion :)

windyshadow - 7 hours ago

22 by deg »»
10 minutes ago

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

133 by LoveLikeBlood »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.