Forum Settings
Forums

After many years i finally understood why Manga is great and decided to join MAL.

New
Feb 6, 2016 5:47 AM

Feb 2016
And i would like to say hi to everyone. Probably no one will read such a long introduction but i gotta share it somewhere, i apologize for this.

I finally decided to register because of one manga that changed my life. I was always the "I only watch anime because there is action and music in there" guy and to be honest i could not understand why people waste time to read manga because anime are so much better.

During all those years i was checking stuff about Anime's on MAL and episode discussion because i am always curious what people think. Few times i realised that Anime like Claymore or Ao no Exorcist are either not finished properly or they stop in the middle.

But i told myself "that's not a reason to read inferior manga"

Time passed and one time i was bored with my tablet and somehow i remembered one title during a "Manga vs Anime" discussion. Someone mentioned dark and brutal manga named GANTZ. I do not know why it hanged in my head but i decided to check it because i was bored.

I read first few chapters...few days later i found myself reading manga whenever i could, in a bus, toilet, bathtub. I got so addicted and i felt and could imagine the action that happense there. Managed to read all 383 chapters pretty fast and even tho the ending was super disappointing something finally "clicked" inside me.

I finally understand why people like to read manga, it was one hell of a journey and only Manga had such freedom to tell me this story in such manner.

After this revelation i started reading Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria and even tho it's my first LN i got knocked out by its superb quality second time in a row (first time was Gantz).

So here i am now, looking for more great Manga to read that i missed, feeling that i discovered something great, that there are plenty adventures and worlds waiting for me to discover them.

I am so excited i decided to register here to add everything that i read, rate, comment and review.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR version below:

I watched anime whole life and did not understand why manga so popular if no sound and action, but accidentally Gantz manga got into my hands and after reading whole 383 chapters i fell in love with manga's and started to understand why people love them.

I hope You will welcome another strayed soul in Your community.
VelsuFeb 6, 2016 7:55 AM
Feb 6, 2016 7:29 AM

Oct 2014
Welcome to MAL! I'm no manga expert myself but hopefully you'll find more titles you like here.
Feb 6, 2016 7:32 AM

Dec 2015
Welcome to MAL and its forums!
And yes, your first sentence was spot on, TL;DR :P
Feb 6, 2016 7:35 AM

Feb 2016
Why hello there. And that's awesome. Hope you enjoy the site.
Feb 6, 2016 7:35 AM

Jan 2012
Enjoy ur stay here , have fun.

Feb 6, 2016 7:52 AM

Apr 2013
Welcome to MAL. I hope you have a great time here.v(⌒o⌒)v
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 6, 2016 7:56 AM

Feb 2016

I added TL;DR version xD
Feb 6, 2016 8:02 AM

Dec 2013
Hello, Welcome to MyAnimeList!
Professional MyAnimeList Welcomer.
I prefer subbed anime over dubbed.
Looking for some short story manga suggestions to get me started.
Feb 6, 2016 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
Welcome to the community. I am not a big manga reader myself but I followed one for years. There are many titles here, happy hunting ^^
Feb 6, 2016 10:43 AM

Jan 2016
Hello.. And Welcome To MAL. ^_^
Feb 6, 2016 12:19 PM

Jan 2011
Hiya, welcome to MAL.
Nice introduction you got there.
Have a good time here.
Feb 6, 2016 5:53 PM

Mar 2014
Welcome to MAL, Velsu!
Feb 6, 2016 8:01 PM

Aug 2015
Welcome to MAL! ^^
Feb 6, 2016 8:46 PM

Dec 2015
Welcome to MAL, have a great time ^^

MI-SA-Kiiiiiiii ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

More topics from this board

» Hi.

DollzchanAi - Yesterday

8 by 6EyedBastard »»
4 hours ago

» How's it going?

YokuYT - 8 hours ago

2 by Ohayotaku »»
5 hours ago

» Hello Friends!

LargeTanuki - Apr 14

13 by omorashi »»
Yesterday, 1:25 AM

» Puppet Blood manga episode 4 is here.

Cvensart - Apr 13

3 by GinIonSui »»
Apr 16, 4:01 PM

» I Like Croissants

EzekielDark - Apr 13

9 by Cammell »»
Apr 16, 7:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.