Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 22, 2016 7:24 AM

Jul 2008
Reiner lives!!! yes!!! :D Don't think the same tactics will work on him twice as he is a smart soldier. Bertholdt's determination to kill everyone and remain unattached to Annie is definitely due to Reiner's condition.
ShanaFlameFeb 22, 2016 7:27 AM
Feb 22, 2016 9:58 AM
Oct 2015
fiane said:
Well paced, balanced chapter. Oh the tension. Some of my fav points were Mikasa vs Bert and Bert's monologue before he really transformed.

One thing, I am quite confused about Armin's way of trying to negotiate with Bert though. I thought that finally they would have meaningful, eye opening conversation but unfortunately he still relied on manipulation and false facts about Annie.
Question on R&B side as well. They scrapped the chance with Marco and then they scrapped another chance with Armin. Well, it's not like they have a choice, yeah, perhaps as a reader I'm just feeling a selfish need to understand their side better, a desire left unfulfilled yet as for now.

Originally Armin wasn't going to use the Annie tactic. But Bertolt, upset by Reiners condition I'm guessing, told him off- Armin felt he had no other choice but to try to manipulate Berolt again. He wanted to negotiate but Bertolt did say he was going to kill them either way.
Feb 23, 2016 9:22 PM

Jul 2015
- Reiner is alive!! Yes motherfucker!!!
- I really liked Bertolt in this chapter.
- Lmao at Armin almost pissing himself.
- Hange can't be dead, nop, I won't accept that.
Feb 25, 2016 5:10 PM

Jan 2015
Even the bromance and Bert's cringy seriousness couldn't make me feel any compassion for them. The "isn't this world...a cruel place?" monolouge has been done ten million and ten times already, now it just sounds like a big cliche from Bert's mouth. Of course Reiner survives, while everyone from the scouting legion will die from an explosion...
The Scouts were supposed to come here all prepared, yet there's always something that surprises them every chapter. It's really time to move forward with whatever plan or trump card they have.
This action heavy arc is significantly worse than the last one. Colossal is coming up next so I hope it will get better.
Feb 26, 2016 4:48 PM

Sep 2015
bertholdt is a motherfucking beast in this chapter so badass
Mar 1, 2016 10:21 PM
Nov 2014
No pity for bertholdt or reiner or annie for that matter. Death to the Titans, hope the scout squad come out from this victorious. Especially Eren kicking the collosal shit out of Berthlodt. Reiner really should be dead by now but for some reason he lives...... whatever the reason hopefully he stays down.
Mar 4, 2016 1:28 AM

Dec 2012
Doesn't it feel strange what Bertoldt said to Armin - how humanity's fate had been decided and yet it wasn't their (hymans') fault, and the world wasn't a cruel place? The whole chapter indeed sounds like Bert is walking in and out of some sort of indoctrination? You know, like Terry's golems' scripts inside them - pulled in, pulled out and hilarity ensues? :) If so, can't wait to see what personality Reiner would deliver out of his reconstructed new brains :) Because, who knows, shifters may consider such transfer as a "last resort" in terms of surviving, but it might be a new stage of titan evolution they are not encouraged to achieve by the mysterious organization they so much fear and obey [?]

Actually, I didn't expect shifters to die easy like the mindless titans. Failing to kill Reiner however irked me to no extent.

As for Hange and her squad, I hope they took cover under Reiner's titan and made it alive. Nervous system and whatnot is one thing, but Hange dying like this, after bullying Annie's titan and countering Reiner and Bert's attack on Eren, would piss me off. Seriously.

BTW, Levi has Reiss's injection with him, right?
Mar 4, 2016 10:18 AM

May 2013
God Reiner's plot armor is so annoying. Attack on Titan is good because you always feel that everyone's lives is in danger. But he comes Reiner; the guy who just won't die. I mean, when will manga writers realize that people die when they are killed.
Mar 4, 2016 12:59 PM
Dec 2015
Arete7 said:
God Reiner's plot armor is so annoying. Attack on Titan is good because you always feel that everyone's lives is in danger. But he comes Reiner; the guy who just won't die. I mean, when will manga writers realize that people die when they are killed.
Actually, killing shifters is very easy, they just need to knock them out then cut / destroy the nape of their necks of the unconscious shifter. They can probably also die if their brain is destroyed and they didn't have time to transfer their mind around.
The true defence of shifters comes from the scouting legion not knowing shit about how to kill them, so time after time after time they go after them wrong, thus this feeling of epic plot armor.

If they had hit Reiner and Bert on the head with a stick the first time, then restrained them while they were unconscious, that would have been all.
Mar 20, 2016 5:31 PM

Sep 2012
Reiner seems to have more plot armor than the main cast...
Lets see what's next.
Apr 8, 2016 7:36 PM
Feb 2016
AAAAAAAAAAAAA that's all.
Jun 22, 2016 10:00 PM

Feb 2013
When will Reiner die. Seriously. Is he inmortal?
Sep 27, 2016 11:56 AM

Apr 2016
I definitely liked this chapter!! I didn't expect to see Bertolt so confident! He wants everyone to die?! Who does he think he is to decide that?? And I seriously don't think everyone else died... I'm hoping they managed to hide behind one of the houses. Such a tragedy that this is the same volume where we find out how Marco died... If only Marco pretended he didn't hear anything and reported it to someone instead... :/ I actually thought Reiner died in this volume and I was amazed by how far our soldiers have come... ><
Feb 14, 2017 12:51 AM

Dec 2014
well peaceful talks did not last long..... how will it all end...so intense
Apr 16, 2017 4:00 PM

Apr 2015
They are really into this so called warrior mission. Its getting cringy.
Dec 2, 2017 3:36 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
wow, now Berthold has the advantage in this battle!!!
Sep 20, 2018 10:29 AM

Dec 2015
No way Hange died there, fuck that! It's a fuck mess if Reiner is alive and she's dead ¬¬
Feb 22, 2020 8:03 PM

Jan 2016
They 100% should have been able to slice Bertolts head off.

That explosion could tho too, oml.
Dec 26, 2020 9:26 PM

Sep 2011
I liked this confident Bertolt. He was pretty badass in this chapter.

So Reiner is still alive, even without his head.
Feb 6, 2022 6:57 AM

Feb 2019
It's so good to see Bertholdt finally coming to terms with himself and not crying about everything.

He's still not as badass as Reiner, but at least Bertholdt thinks more clearly than him.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 3, 2022 10:58 AM
Sep 2020
Reiner the plot convenient Titan, everything in this chapter was perfect except for the
part where bertholdt explaining how reiner survived, that was stupid and not explained properly or it was just an excuse for the plot convenient titan
Mar 3, 2022 11:00 AM
Sep 2020
1919191919 said:
When will Reiner die. Seriously. Is he inmortal?

because he is the plot convenient titan
Mar 3, 2022 11:01 AM
Sep 2020
SecondaryH said:
They are really into this so called warrior mission. Its getting cringy.

when the marley arc comes this line of warriors is not actually cringey but makes sence
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Yesterday, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 22, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.