Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 5, 2016 5:55 AM

Dec 2012
I just Finished playing Tales of Zestiria and i havent played any other Tales of games ( I Will one day) ... So are all other Tales of games similar? Or are they different with completely different Genres?

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Feb 5, 2016 10:07 AM

Feb 2016
It's a pretty good series of games. Each one has a different underlying theme, but they're all JRPGs.

While they're all pretty decent, some of the games in the series are much better than the others story and character wise.
Feb 5, 2016 10:30 AM

Feb 2014
kazuro said:
So are all other Tales of games similar?

Depends on what do you mean by "similar", system or story. Each Tales game has it's own story, except, Xillia and symphonia. Both of these games had sequel. The core-system of the game is the same, but each game will have it's own difference.

All tales games are RPG, except Twin brave and Tales of VS. One is like musou series and the other is fighting game like super smash somehow.

Overall, this series is fun. I recommended to you.
Feb 5, 2016 10:33 AM

Dec 2012
Mikado-069 said:
kazuro said:
So are all other Tales of games similar?

Depends on what do you mean by "similar", system or story. Each Tales game has it's own story, except, Xillia and symphonia. Both of these games had sequel. The core-system of the game is the same, but each game will have it's own difference.

All tales games are RPG, except Twin brave and Tales of VS. One is like musou series and the other is fighting game like super smash somehow.

Well i was talking about the story ... but was not asking weather it has a similar story... I was actually asking genre wise and was wondering what does these games from the same franchise have in common..

But well i kinda get it form your answer thanks :D

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Feb 6, 2016 3:15 AM

Mar 2014
kazuro said:
Mikado-069 said:

Well i was talking about the story ... but was not asking weather it has a similar story... I was actually asking genre wise and was wondering what does these games from the same franchise have in common..

But well i kinda get it form your answer thanks :D
They don't have much in common other than gameplay and how it implements some stuff (like skits).
Genres are all pretty close to each other, basically your typical adventure/action JRPG with some drama/tragedy.
Characters in the series are good across the board for the most part and are what makes the series standout.
Feb 6, 2016 4:42 AM

Jan 2013
A lot of them are mediocre tbh

The Tales of series is Japan's Assassin's Creed
Feb 6, 2016 4:44 AM

Dec 2012
@paulo27 hmm sounds about right..

Feb 6, 2016 5:30 AM

Dec 2012
TR-8RCaim said:
A lot of them are mediocre tbh

The Tales of series is Japan's Assassin's Creed

But isnt assassins creed a good franchise?

Feb 6, 2016 10:20 AM

Feb 2015
Most of the Tales games I've played (Not all of them) are quite interesting and engaging, so yeah many are quite powerful.
Feb 6, 2016 10:21 AM

Jan 2013
I played Xillia, and not only was I thoroughly disappointed with its combat, but the story sucked too.
Feb 6, 2016 6:54 PM

Jun 2008
Tales goes like this: Awesome combat and bullshit stories.

Characters are hit and miss, sometimes you lovem and sometimes its total cringe.

Though I am a Tales fan overall regardless of the flaws. I'd say Eternia is the best in the series.

More topics from this board

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

29 by Oofmastre9000 »»
4 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3719 by creepylurker »»
4 hours ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

49 by SwordBreaker36 »»
5 hours ago

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

Ex-Aid - Today

2 by SwordBreaker36 »»
5 hours ago

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

50 by Dumb »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.