Forum Settings
Forums

What are the anime industry's biggest strengths?

New
Feb 4, 2016 6:18 AM

Sep 2015
I know there's a thread right now that asked this but it mainly focuses on the industry's biggest flaws. So instead let's praise the industry for the things they get right.
Feb 4, 2016 6:23 AM

Jan 2014
L O L I S

Serious post:

Animation is one of the most artistic mediums out there. It has the potential to leave a mark in the history of art and it continually tries to do so, outside of pandering to niche audiences.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2016 6:37 AM
Jul 2015
Waifu material for virgin losers..
Feb 4, 2016 6:48 AM

Oct 2015
Die hard fan-base that will literally rip each others throats out claiming their waifu is best.

"I wish I was sober to feel the pain
So many dark days I can’t explain"

----------
My Sigs
MAL Interview
Feb 4, 2016 5:17 PM

Sep 2014
I literally have no compliment to anime industry right now...
Smoke Weed Everyday
Feb 4, 2016 5:25 PM

Jan 2013
amk_2397 said:
I know there's a thread right now that asked this but it mainly focuses on the industry's biggest flaws. So instead let's praise the industry for the things they get right.

I like anime because it's always moving.

Every year, I feel like anime is changing in some way. The changes can't be called objectively good or bad, but it's always trying new things. I can't say the same about other media.

To me, music has been largely the same in the last like 10 years. Same with film and television shows outside of the very few exceptions every YEAR.

Anime usually have 1 or 2 interesting ideas that I really like seeing every month, and the rest are fun as hell.

Let's take for instance, the anime Etotama. That show was fun and did 3D in a great way. The idea behind it wasn't anything special when it comes to anime, but it was still enjoyable. Owari No Seraph that season was also fun to look at and watch with friends.

That same season had Arslan Senki, Kekkai Sensen, Yamada-Kun, and Knights of Sidonia season 2 for shows I can genuinely say I enjoyed while keeping my brain turned on.

Everything is so ridiculously diverse, and yet lots of people will generally quite a lot of shows. It shows that anime can entertain no matter what it does.

I was even able to enjoy mild shows like Plastic Memories because I liked the idea behind it. The execution not so much, but I can at least say I came out of it enjoying myself.

I feel like anime to me won't be dead as long as I can pick up a show, and feel like it's trying to be something fun or impactful or just generally unique.
TitanAnteusFeb 4, 2016 5:28 PM
Feb 4, 2016 5:29 PM

Feb 2015
Enabling pedophilia. There's not much else.
Feb 4, 2016 11:42 PM

Jan 2016
The fact that they produce anime is a strength in itself.
Feb 4, 2016 11:48 PM

Jun 2008
The fact that they overly sexualize all their characters.

Some of you may not like it, but you KNOW it's true.

Sex sells very well, and the anime industry is a living example of that.

Even if you have an anime that doesn't have fanservice or ecchi....the characters themselves can and WILL be sexualized when they sell anime goods of them.

And before someone starts bitching...just remember that it's BOTH female and male characters that are sexualized.
Feb 4, 2016 11:54 PM

May 2014
At the risk of sounding hella weeby, Japan has this very diverse, but also really distinct sense of humor, and anime really delivers on that front.

I mean, I appreciate the hell out of that at the very least, because it's not something I've been able to find anywhere else outside of the few translated gameshows floating around.
Feb 4, 2016 11:55 PM

Apr 2013
Interesting characters
Random comedy
Awesome soundtrack
Creationg emotions in the viewer
Fanservice
Feb 5, 2016 12:34 AM
Jul 2015
If I have to compare them with western movies or series, It should be for me the characters, the animation and the music.

I think I can feel more related with anime characters rather than western ones because of the animation. The perfect example for talking about this is kill bill. Everytime I watch the MC, I can only see it as Uma Thurman's interpretation of the MC. But in O-Ren flashback, There are no actors, is animated, and then I feel I'm watching O-Ren itself. In anime the barrier of the actuation is gone, and I can feel it more natural.

Also I think OSTs take more importance in anime in general.

Ps: Sorry for the bad writing, explaining this was very difficult for me.

Feb 5, 2016 12:45 AM

Mar 2014
Too many to pick one.

-Awesome fight scenes
-Griffth
-Shougo Makishima
-moar cyberpunk
-hot girls
-giant robots
-dank character development
-Armstrong comic relief
-Imaishi
-urobutcher
-Kaiba
the list goes on.
Feb 5, 2016 12:49 AM

Dec 2015
amk_2397 said:

Hahah that was my threat :D I did ask bout mentioning good sides of the anime industries as well but nobody gave a shit :/
Feb 5, 2016 1:42 AM

Jan 2013
A glib facsimile of western animation.
Feb 5, 2016 1:45 PM

Jun 2015
devinder said:

How exactly do you "enable" pedophilia?
Feb 5, 2016 1:49 PM

Jul 2015
the feels
i watched a lot of movies but i never cried
but when it comes to anime i cry easy during sad scenes
+awesome fight scenes
+hot girls (2D>3D)
Feb 5, 2016 1:51 PM

Jan 2009
seriously the sakuga especially the awesome battle scenes, american cartoons despite having more money/budget cannot do animation like Fate/Zero or Gurren Lagann or Sword of the Stranger or etc kind of action scenes
Feb 5, 2016 1:52 PM

Nov 2015
devinder said:

So what you're saying is, the anime industry has the same strengths as ISIS. Think about it. In the middle east, harems are an actual thing.
Feb 5, 2016 2:08 PM

Jan 2013
creating weeaboo's. you know, those self-proclaimed otaku's who say kawaii out loud? asdfghjl;

on the positives:
stealing money with our consents i.e. merch (ʘ‿ʘ✿)
and wicked animations
and gave opportunities to some extremely amazing mangaka's
... not the perverted ones tho they sucks i'm dead serious
Feb 5, 2016 2:50 PM

Mar 2014
It's great at paying its employees shit salaries
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 6 hours ago

21 by r3v3l3v3l »»
1 minute ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - 9 hours ago

8 by Ratris_Decision »»
2 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

70 by Pikmin404 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ame - Apr 16

158 by WaffleMaster89 »»
3 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 7 hours ago

25 by logopolis »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.