Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 3, 2016 9:33 AM

Sep 2013
Hard Boiled episode :'(
Manly emotions.

The eyes were on point.

Feb 3, 2016 9:42 AM

Aug 2015
another godly episode...damn Gintama is hitting hard
Feb 3, 2016 10:11 AM
Jan 2015
Wow this episode of gintama keeps getting on my nerves!
easy 5/5 for this one
i hope they keep this up

Zura is Back GUYS!!!
Also I miss tsukuyo :'(
ReevaboonFeb 3, 2016 10:15 AM
Feb 3, 2016 10:21 AM

Nov 2007
DatRandomDude said:
BennyDelon said:

Oh, I didn't notice that. What was the parody?

Not sure but i think this.

shanimebib said:
The Day the Demon Cried.

It's not an FMA:B (Roy Mustang) reference. This is a common expression that has been used many a times.

This is the only second time we get to see the Demon shedding tears. :'|
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 3, 2016 10:51 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
shanimebib said:
DatRandomDude said:

It's not an FMA:B (Roy Mustang) reference. This is a common expression that has been used many a times.

Oh ok, i just didnt know what else he was talking about, i assumed he was talking about that. >_>
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 3, 2016 11:13 AM

Sep 2008
How much better can this anime get!?
Gintama is a quality constant in my life!!

Shits going down every episode, anyone who does not watch this brilliance of an anime is just retarded, seriously.

The amount of feels is too damn high ;O;
<3 <3 <3 Kei is love <3 <3 <3
Feb 3, 2016 11:40 AM

Mar 2014
last episode and this episode combine so hard to accept that fate

Gintama logo is black, how long will that logo stay like that
Feb 3, 2016 11:59 AM

Dec 2008
I guess it was true, nothing will be the same in Gintama anymore. I mean yeah we had our share of epic arcs before, but shit just got real this time around. Everything was great, I liked the new visuals for OP, the animation, the music... That Hijikata/Mustang scene though. I'm really curious about what'll happen from now on.

I smiled at the end tho, BECAUSE ZURA. YEAH. FINALLY. <3 I don't know why but when I see the guy I feel like everything'll be alright lol.
Feb 3, 2016 12:00 PM

Mar 2015
Truly a masterpice. I just caught up with the anime and now i understand the pain you guys must have been through while waiting 1 week for the next episode.

And Nobume knows about Gintoki more than he thinks since if i recall corectly she also met Shouyou
Feb 3, 2016 12:00 PM
Mar 2011
Everyone is talking about Zura's return, but there is another one I'd like to see again: Hasegawa. I wonder what he will do, especially that it seems, that he's not alone anymore...

Well, anyways good episode, and now Gintama seems to be in "agony" state...
Feb 3, 2016 12:02 PM

Nov 2007
Gintama with the last few episodes has far surpassed Brotherhood and TTGL in my book.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 3, 2016 12:07 PM

Jan 2011
Well that was depressing

New opening was fucking awesome though

Great episode!

I'm really liking how Yorozuya + Shinsengumi are getting along (in a way... temporarily I assume).
SerB3128Feb 3, 2016 12:43 PM
Feb 3, 2016 12:11 PM

Sep 2015
i am cry both no more laugh and this episode itself

shanimebib said:
DatRandomDude said:

sad hijikata alone when rain :(
Into the Internet!
Feb 3, 2016 12:49 PM

Apr 2014
oh my kondo---i CAN´T BELIEVE IT
kondo is one of my favs T_T

anyway was sad
wen gintama get serious get serious for really
and otae? how she will react when she knows about kondo
poor hijikata okita always with his poker face
Feb 3, 2016 12:54 PM
Jan 2015
Kaoreen said:
Aya Hirano's voice sounded different, I almost thought they changed Nobume's seiyuu. But it was still her in the credits. I'm glad.
Her range is really incredible!

She sounded different to me too! I'm glad it's her :)
Feb 3, 2016 1:43 PM

Feb 2008
An expression like this sure gets your hopes up for the episode:

If it weren't for the hard-boiled man, I would have been completely depressed. His antics provided a much-needed element of comic relief. Matsudaira's defiance of the new bastard of a shogun was impressive, though it didn't matter much in the end. However, seeing Kondo's head like that and his parting with Shigeshige and Gintoki...

An excellent episode.
Feb 3, 2016 2:16 PM

Jun 2013
shit man that ost and Matsudaira is dissing the new shogun and the fuck happened to Shinsengumi
Feb 3, 2016 3:14 PM

Aug 2010
Very powerful episode...
Feb 3, 2016 3:20 PM
May 2010
The new OP visual make the awesome song into another level of Bad-Assery. Really can't wait for another Katsura time since he didn't get any on the SA arc
Feb 3, 2016 4:10 PM

Jan 2010
ZURA is FINALLY HERE!!! Mobilize the damn joishishi troops already.
Feb 3, 2016 4:13 PM
May 2015
this my favorite arc in the manga so im hyped

pv for next week looked lit
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2016 4:57 PM

Aug 2013
MAN, THAT EPISODE SURE WAS HILARIOUS!!! HAHAHA!!

:(

Shit just got depressing. But hey, depressing Gintama is as good as hilarious Gintama, so why not?

The new OP visual is really good. I mean, we all expected it, but I was still a little bit anxious that they wouldn't change it.

Goddamn, serious Gorilla is always so cool. Kondo is underappreciated character :|
It was touching to see Gintoki and Kondo sharing a moment like that.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 3, 2016 5:16 PM
Jan 2016
Right off the bat this arc starts off in such a way that gets you pumped instantly. Man Kondo, why do you have to be such a creep when it comes to romance? Because otherwise I really enjoy his character and how much he cares for everyone else.

It will be interesting to see how things develop from here as it looks like Katsura finally makes his return next week.

I'm pretty sure the Gintama anime is stopping at the end of March with 52 episodes since the arc after this is still going on. My bet is that there will be a "Gintama Final" anime once the manga reaches its conclusion. Hopefully there will be some special OVAS coming around soon on the comedic arcs that were skipped as well. Kind of sad that we are now in a "point of no return" with the story.
Feb 3, 2016 5:34 PM
Dec 2013
We're at the point of no return- the start of Farewell Shinsengumi arc. The start of the episode is very very heavy for my feels. Can't remember when was the last time Gintama started an arc with this very very very serious vibe. The visuals are way better than the Shogun Assassination Arc IMHO

NANDESUKA KORE?
Feb 3, 2016 6:05 PM

Sep 2011
Kondo is such an underrated character, absolutely fantastic episode, sorachi has outdone himself recently.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 3, 2016 6:28 PM

Aug 2012
That nightmare that Toushi had though :| I was like WTFFF, I thought that was real :O I hope it's not realll!
That scene where Gintoki was limping out of the Shinsengumi's HQ :( :( I know he felt horrible that he couldn't do anything to save Kondo.
Toushi dont cry! :{
Feb 3, 2016 8:01 PM

Feb 2011
Such an emotional episode... but as soon as I saw the "Hard-Boiled Guy" it lightens the atmosphere a bit...
Feb 3, 2016 8:49 PM

Apr 2015
Amazing, that was well fucking played out and animated well. Hardboiled guy is back, haha that was somehow funny to me Kondou in and Matsudaira getting beheaded. Can't wait to see how this all goes, that scene at the start was sad af after all that sho-chan died...
Feb 3, 2016 9:36 PM

Jan 2014
So the vibe this anime gives of, were totally different that it use to be. Not that I hate the current arc but does it mean Gintama might end soon? I mean Shinsegumi play big roles in the story of this series. Is this really goodbye?

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Feb 3, 2016 10:53 PM

Jan 2015
BennyDelon said:
Wiziliz said:
Also, that FMA:B parody.

Oh, I didn't notice that. What was the parody?

Feb 3, 2016 11:33 PM

Oct 2011
Farewell Shinsengumi Arc T_________T

Gintoki sent chills down my spine

Hijikata crying T__T
Feb 3, 2016 11:44 PM

Jan 2011
i have a thing where i always have to say Ame wa! whenever it starts raining in anime but i couldn't at the end ;-;

new visuals for the OP are great no more reuses

this arc really makes it feel like were nearing the end
Feb 4, 2016 5:16 AM

Sep 2014

Holy fuck that was intense.

It seems that this arc it's gonna top the Shogun Assassination one.
Feb 4, 2016 5:23 AM

Nov 2011
Ahkrin said:
So the vibe this anime gives of, were totally different that it use to be. Not that I hate the current arc but does it mean Gintama might end soon? I mean Shinsegumi play big roles in the story of this series. Is this really goodbye?

Well, the series is ending.

Feb 4, 2016 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
I've missed Hardboiled's young Trap sidekick. Didn't think either of those two would be in the show again tbh.
Feb 4, 2016 12:15 PM

Jan 2015
Gintoki's face when he was walking with those crutches, he looked devastated.
He'll end someones career when he recovers, he looks quite fucked with those injuries.
OP's visuals changed, it's a great one as always!
So the Shinsengumi got disbanded, they'll never be disbanded. Kondo is a great man.
They will never gain control over Matsudaira and others, they live by their rule, not a fucking puppet who will only obey your commands. Even if he lost Shinsengumi, he hasn't lost a single shit, they will always fight for what they believe in!
Kondo gets caught and Matsudaira as well, shit is about to go so down that it'll never come up again.
Some shits need to get destroyed.
THANK FUCK HIJIKATA WAS HAVING A DREAM
The hard boiled guy appears yesss!!
Whole Edo is in bad shape
Yo that fatass was still in Shinsengumi, good!
That great guitar tune finally returned when Hijikata was talking to the Shinsengumi, "It's raining, huh?"
I love the ED so much and it's visuals roll back the time every week which gives me a felling that doesn't have a name
Brilliant episode, I loved it, This is GinTama and the fire in everyone's eyes will never die.
Katsura is coming in next episode, his promise with the Shogun, it's gonna be top stuff.
5/5
Feb 4, 2016 1:17 PM

Sep 2011
Ahkrin said:
the manga is confirmed to end this year

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 4, 2016 4:32 PM

Aug 2014
the final (?) version of the op was nice.
zenzo's scene was v nice. as was gintoki and kondo drinking.

katsura is back next episode!! I always wondered where he was during the shogun assassination arc.
Feb 5, 2016 1:59 AM
Jun 2009
Great episode!the opening was awesome!
They really setup the mood perfectly to begin this arc!
More feels are coming in future eps.
5/5
lvlachineFeb 5, 2016 2:37 AM
Feb 5, 2016 5:28 AM

Sep 2014

Finally in YT to spoil all those little brats from FB
Feb 5, 2016 6:12 AM

Sep 2014
They still skipped like two arcs. At this rate, Gintama'll end before Spring. D:
Feb 5, 2016 6:46 AM

Nov 2015
As I thought, this season really is the best.
Feb 5, 2016 8:15 AM

Mar 2015
NO NOT SO FAST WHY ARE THEY ALREADY AT THE FAREWELL SHINSENGUMI CHAPTER NO STOP NOT SO FAST

PUT IN THE FILLERS PLEASE

TOO FAST

it feels like Gintama might finish very soon,
no please.... :-(
Gin-chan said:
Anime - it's not something that can be thought of in a hall for conferences. It is made out of strange juices current from the brain of animators.
Feb 5, 2016 1:25 PM

Dec 2013
I liked Gintama for its humour. I also enjoyed more serious arcs, because they generally ended well. But this? First killing the Shogun, and now Kondo-san? Seriously? If this is how Gintama is meant to end, I want it to end quickly...
Feb 5, 2016 2:58 PM

Dec 2015
The only time I am wishing for fillers. Gintama plz, stop forcing me to be sad.
Feb 6, 2016 12:36 PM

Oct 2013
Wait a sec, Did Kondo really beheaded or it was just Hijikata's dream ?
Please tell me Kondo that still alive and got arrested instead of beheaded, it's really painfull to watch, i need to recover from the last arc because Sho-chan died and now this happened, wtf Sorachi sensei please STAHP, i miss the ol' laid back days of Gintama,
ToshiroChanFeb 6, 2016 12:40 PM
Feb 6, 2016 1:42 PM
Jun 2009
ToshiroChan said:
Wait a sec, Did Kondo really beheaded or it was just Hijikata's dream ?
Please tell me Kondo that still alive and got arrested instead of beheaded, it's really painfull to watch, i need to recover from the last arc because Sho-chan died and now this happened, wtf Sorachi sensei please STAHP, i miss the ol' laid back days of Gintama,

Yeah, it was jut a dream at the moment kondo has only been arrested..
sadly those old days are pretty much gone :(
Feb 6, 2016 4:08 PM

Jan 2014
I was expecting some fallback, especially on Matsudaira but didn't consider Kondo.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 7, 2016 12:55 AM

Sep 2011
Harrymanhunter said:
They still skipped like two arcs. At this rate, Gintama'll end before Spring. D:
No doubt in my mind that'll end this Spring. If they decide to throw out comedy episodes right after this... It'll feel way too weird. After this arc, there's even more action to come. We won't be getting this next action arc either 'cause it's not even done in the manga.
Feb 7, 2016 2:42 AM

Apr 2015
Tyrel said:
Harrymanhunter said:
No doubt in my mind that'll end this Spring. If they decide to throw out comedy episodes right after this... It'll feel way too weird. After this arc, there's even more action to come. We won't be getting this next action arc either 'cause it's not even done in the manga.

But maybe by the time this arc is completed in the anime, the current arc in the manga would finish ? The current arc in manga probably has under 5 chapters left.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Mar 30, 2016

251 by ThalosShrine »»
Apr 15, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2016

113 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 20, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jan 27, 2016

241 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 18, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Jan 13, 2016

251 by Nymbris »»
Mar 10, 6:09 AM

» Thoughts on this season (Spoilers)

RahulSenpai - Mar 8

13 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.