Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 2, 2016 4:22 PM

Mar 2015
Guys I really love this shit. When all the characters think the main guy is dead but he comes back miraculously later on!
Some examples :
Busou Renkin
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Aldnoah.Zero - This one wasnt that great because the guy comes back right in the next episode.
Charlotte - Time travel is involved but fair enough.
Code Geass- How could this not be on the list ? Haha
Well, I think I have more of anime like this but can't remember. I pretty much bet even you will face difficulty in remembering because its not the factor that particularly stands out.
Hey guys let me update this list for people who might be looking for the same thing !
We got,
Muv-Luv Alternative
Heroic Age ( Tried and found out that the MC dies and comes back using my own anime searching skills xD )
For now , I have only found out two more. There are many more recommendations which I am yet to try, take a look at them too!
Next update :
Mirai Nikki
Higurahsi
Madoka Magic
VaroOPFeb 21, 2016 11:47 AM
Feb 2, 2016 11:10 PM
Oct 2011
Love when they come back from the dead and surprise everyone too!!

Gundam Seed - Comes back like 3 episodes later or something i think buttt the reappearance is EPIC.

Steins Gate - same thing with Charlotte - time travel so fair enough i guess xD

Zetsuen no Tempest - also has to do with time travel, which is a spoiler but w/e you wont even know how until they explain it anyway.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - not death here, but people witness him taking an attack that's supposed to have severely injured, if not killed him outright, that instead had no effect on him, and they are all awed.

Attack on Titan - must've seen this already, but if somehow not, it's in here.

muv luv alternative - very similar scene to oda nobuna no yabou, but mecha.

Alsooo, if your looking for animes where the MC dies dies, and doesn't come back, theres probably more.
Feb 3, 2016 8:48 AM

Mar 2012
Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto
Feb 3, 2016 12:53 PM

Feb 2014
Gintama has a nice arc mocking this.

It's hard to find this stretched over many episodes because it's a terrible and overused trope but in action-based shows these are usually used as cliffhangers. Kinda like, oh look this fatal attack is actually not fatal. Hellsing's a good example I guess... Maybe Black Butler too.
Feb 3, 2016 12:56 PM

Jul 2014
The recently airing Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! technically fits the bill.
Feb 3, 2016 1:11 PM

Feb 2010
Blood+
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Feb 3, 2016 1:36 PM

Mar 2014
You might add a spoiler tag in your title.

Death Note
Dragon Ball Z
Feb 9, 2016 7:10 PM

Mar 2015
opmcftw said:

Gundam Seed - Comes back like 3 episodes later or something i think buttt the reappearance is EPIC.

Steins Gate - same thing with Charlotte - time travel so fair enough i guess xD

Zetsuen no Tempest - also has to do with time travel, which is a spoiler but w/e you wont even know how until they explain it anyway.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - not death here, but people witness him taking an attack that's supposed to have severely injured, if not killed him outright, that instead had no effect on him, and they are all awed.

Attack on Titan - must've seen this already, but if somehow not, it's in here.

Alsooo, if your looking for animes where the MC dies dies, and doesn't come back, theres probably more.

I want to avoid mecha right now so Gundam and Muv luv are out. The rest of the anime I have seen. xD

yazio said:
Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto

Added to my PTW list!

RiceLover said:
The recently airing Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! technically fits the bill.

In my PTW list. Waiting for it to finish airing.

kattee said:
Blood+
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom

50 episodes too much! And Phantom already in PTW list but didnt know someone dies and comes back in it. Thanks for the info!!

-Anokata said:
You might add a spoiler tag in your title.
Death Note
Dragon Ball Z

Watched both!!
Feb 9, 2016 7:33 PM

Jan 2016
Kannazuki no Miko - MC dies in the last ep, then is reincarnated years later for the epilogue scene
Feb 9, 2016 10:55 PM

Jan 2016
Haha, try Angel Beats. It definitely fits the bill. :P

Noticed you've already seen it, but I had to.
What the fuck is oatmeal?
Feb 9, 2016 11:04 PM

Oct 2015
Guilty Crown bruh

Its literrally full of MCs that die and is my #1 Most Depressing show

"I wish I was sober to feel the pain
So many dark days I can’t explain"

----------
My Sigs
MAL Interview
Feb 15, 2016 6:34 PM

Mar 2015
opmcftw said:

Just finished watching muv-luv. You were right, the scene was cool. Enjoyed the anime.

PraetorPat said:
Guilty Crown bruh

Its literrally full of MCs that die and is my #1 Most Depressing show

Watched :))
Feb 16, 2016 4:24 AM

Mar 2015

It has got to be a bit more serious bro. Look at my examples and you'll get it, I think. That way,even in Highschool dxd or Korewa Zombi Desuka has MC dying and getting revived but thats no fun because its not epic or badass.
Feb 16, 2016 4:41 AM

Aug 2015
Tales of the abyss
Not sure if i spelled it right... ut definitely got that sudden revival thing XD
D gray man
The "death" isn't very fun because the fact that allen is alive spread too quickly

Well.. that's the only one crossed my mind XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Feb 16, 2016 5:26 PM

Mar 2015
Meira_Eve said:
Tales of the abyss
Not sure if i spelled it right... ut definitely got that sudden revival thing XD
D gray man
The "death" isn't very fun because the fact that allen is alive spread too quickly

Well.. that's the only one crossed my mind XD

Added Tales of the Abyss to my PTW list. The plot is interesting enough! :)
Feb 16, 2016 5:31 PM

Sep 2011
Meira_Eve said:
Tales of the abyss

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 16, 2016 5:44 PM

Dec 2015
How about Yu Yu Hakusho? The main character has trouble staying both alive and dead, depending on the situation.
Feb 19, 2016 2:53 PM

Mar 2015
Fengwu said:
How about Yu Yu Hakusho? The main character has trouble staying both alive and dead, depending on the situation.

The anime is too old. Its like on my classic must watch anime list. Its includes Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Gundam, etc. One day I'll watch them all ! :))
Feb 19, 2016 3:09 PM

Dec 2015
VaroOP said:
Fengwu said:

The anime is too old. Its like on my classic must watch anime list. Its includes Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Gundam, etc. One day I'll watch them all ! :))

Ah, you didn't put a period limit on our suggestions so I just suggested the first thing to come to mind! I know the problems of needing to get around to older anime (I still haven't seen Bebop, for example), though I do think YYH is still one of the best examples of the hand-drawn period, oddness and all.
Feb 19, 2016 3:13 PM

Mar 2015
Fengwu said:
VaroOP said:

Ah, you didn't put a period limit on our suggestions so I just suggested the first thing to come to mind! I know the problems of needing to get around to older anime (I still haven't seen Bebop, for example), though I do think YYH is still one of the best examples of the hand-drawn period, oddness and all.

Yea I didn't put a time limit because I want everyone to recommend anything close to the title because I am not the only who will refer to this thread,considering people will learn to use the search forum function !!
Well back in the day I didnt care about animation. Now, like a year ago I am unable to watch anime that are not in HD for some weird reason. Not even watching monster even though the whole world around me is asking me to ! xD
Feb 19, 2016 4:43 PM

Nov 2015
Death Note
Hakuouki
Elfen Lied
Air
Wolf's Rain

Feb 19, 2016 4:54 PM
Dec 2015
Ummm,
I really don't want to know why you would want to watch that type of anime but I have a few.

- Wolf Children (OMG I CRIED MY EYES OUT AHHHH)
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Full of death :))

All others have been mentioned

BYE BYE
Feb 19, 2016 6:38 PM

Jun 2015
Ummm...

Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT
Cowboy Bebop
Feb 19, 2016 7:11 PM

Jun 2014
Rainbow nisha rokubou no shichinin

Mature anime, but one of the best I've ever seen.
Feb 20, 2016 6:38 AM

Mar 2015
Aakasaka said:
Death Note
Hakuouki
Elfen Lied
Air
Wolf's Rain

I personally will have trouble watching Air and Wolf's rain because of the animation. Will try Hakuouki.
Watched the rest.
FrozenJemima said:
Ummm,
I really don't want to know why you would want to watch that type of anime but I have a few.

- Wolf Children (OMG I CRIED MY EYES OUT AHHHH)
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Full of death :))

All others have been mentioned

BYE BYE

Higurashi read the VN ! Not gonna watch the anime. Wolf children watched. That moment when he leaves and chooses to live a wolf's life ! :')
Feb 20, 2016 6:40 AM

Mar 2015
karate_17 said:
Rainbow nisha rokubou no shichinin

Mature anime, but one of the best I've ever seen.

Man this is the thing !! I will watch this after I watch a rom-com slice of life. Need a break from anime about war, invasion and what not.
Feb 20, 2016 7:22 AM

Feb 2016
i can belive no one said
akame ga kill ( i dont care what it called we all know who the mc was)
Feb 20, 2016 10:23 AM

Feb 2016
sorry didnt read the question fully :)
Feb 20, 2016 6:25 PM

Dec 2011
VaroOP said:
Guys I really love this shit. When all the characters think the main guy is dead but he comes back miraculously later on!
Some examples :
Busou Renkin
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Aldnoah.Zero - This one wasnt that great because the guy comes back right in the next episode.
Well, I think I have more of anime like this but can't remember. I pretty much bet even you will face difficulty in remembering because its not the factor that particularly stands out.
Hey guys let me update this list for people who might be looking for the same thing !
We got,
Muv-Luv Alternative
Heroic Age ( Tried and found out that the MC dies and comes back using my own anime searching skills xD )
For now , I have only found out two more. There are many more recommendations which I am yet to try, take a look at them too!

You should take Code;Geass off the list because Lelouch didn't die in the end. He faked his death and left with C'C.
"Neither devil nor death. I am just murder."
Feb 20, 2016 8:31 PM

Mar 2015
WhySoMadDoe said:
VaroOP said:
Some examples :
Busou Renkin
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
We got,
Muv-Luv Alternative

You should take Code;Geass off the list because Lelouch didn't die in the end. He faked his death and left with C'C.

Dude, if you didn't notice this whole thread is about MC who pretty much fake their death. Also I have put Zero in because, everyone thinks Zero is dead but he comes back in S2 and surprises everyone!
Feb 20, 2016 11:21 PM

Jan 2016
Akame Ga Kill.....?
Feb 21, 2016 12:58 AM

Dec 2011
VaroOP said:
WhySoMadDoe said:

Dude, if you didn't notice this whole thread is about MC who pretty much fake their death. Also I have put Zero in because, everyone thinks Zero is dead but he comes back in S2 and surprises everyone!

Well come on... lol. The title says where they die meaning they don't come back at all and that's how I perceived it. I'm not going to assume you were just talking about fake death.
"Neither devil nor death. I am just murder."
Feb 21, 2016 11:03 AM

Mar 2015
WhySoMadDoe said:
VaroOP said:

Well come on... lol. The title says where they die meaning they don't come back at all and that's how I perceived it. I'm not going to assume you were just talking about fake death.

Ah, read the original post man. You will come to know. The thread name definitely indicates that the MC dies and never comes back.
MidnightBlue12 said:
Bokurano is worth watching if you want all main characters to die

Does any of them come back?
Feb 21, 2016 11:40 AM

Nov 2014
Elfen Lied
Death Note
Akame ga Kill
The main character in Berserk didn't die, but everyone else do it
Gankutsuou, depending if you considere the Count protagonist or antagonist
Mirai Nikki
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Cowboy Bebop
Are those enough?
Feb 21, 2016 11:45 AM

Mar 2015
BlancaXLobo said:
Elfen Lied
Death Note
Akame ga Kill
Mirai Nikki
Cowboy Bebop
Are those enough?

Elfen Lied - Watched
Death Note- Watched
Akame ga Kill-Watched
The main character in Berserk didn't die, but everyone else do it- PTW
Gankutsuou, depending if you considere the Count protagonist or antagonist-PTW
Mirai Nikki-watched
Puella Magi Madoka Magica-watched
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni- Read VN.
Cowboy Bebop-PTW
Feb 21, 2016 11:47 AM

Nov 2014
VaroOP said:
BlancaXLobo said:
Elfen Lied
Death Note
Akame ga Kill
Mirai Nikki
Cowboy Bebop
Are those enough?

Elfen Lied - Watched
Death Note- Watched
Akame ga Kill-Watched
Mirai Nikki-watched
Cowboy Bebop-PTW

Watch Cowboy Bebop, Berserk and Gankutsuou
Feb 21, 2016 11:58 AM

Mar 2015
BlancaXLobo said:
VaroOP said:

Elfen Lied - Watched
Death Note- Watched
Akame ga Kill-Watched
Mirai Nikki-watched
Cowboy Bebop-PTW

I might watch Gankutsuou right away but Cowboy and Berserk animation quality is holding me back from watching them! :(
Feb 21, 2016 12:01 PM

Nov 2014
VaroOP said:
BlancaXLobo said:

I might watch Gankutsuou right away but Cowboy and Berserk animation quality is holding me back from watching them! :(

Can people stop using the excuse it looks old to avoid watching something amazing? Cowboy Bebop is from the late 90s but is one of the best animated shows made by Sunrise. And sometimes, a good animaion or being newer doesn't equally a great screenplay.
Feb 21, 2016 12:05 PM

Jul 2015
If no one has recommend this already...
Feb 21, 2016 12:08 PM

Mar 2015
BlancaXLobo said:
VaroOP said:

Can people stop using the excuse it looks old to avoid watching something amazing? Cowboy Bebop is from the late 90s but is one of the best animated shows made by Sunrise. And sometimes, a good animaion or being newer doesn't equally a great screenplay.

I know man. Until recently, I really didn't mind animation quality but right now I do. Also, I plan to watch Cowboy Bebop just not any time soon. Like I did watch Code Geass and Kare Kano. Kare Kano probably has the worst animation of all the anime that I have seen, but its plot was worth it. So I know where you are coming from. So, right now I am using bad animation as an excuse which I have to admit. Overlook that for now ! :)
Feb 21, 2016 12:08 PM

Mar 2015
Dimethylanime said:
If no one has recommend this already...

I have watched that ! :)
Feb 21, 2016 12:33 PM

Nov 2014
VaroOP said:
BlancaXLobo said:

I know man. Until recently, I really didn't mind animation quality but right now I do. Also, I plan to watch Cowboy Bebop just not any time soon. Like I did watch Code Geass and Kare Kano. Kare Kano probably has the worst animation of all the anime that I have seen, but its plot was worth it. So I know where you are coming from. So, right now I am using bad animation as an excuse which I have to admit. Overlook that for now ! :)
Don't worry. It's not the first time in this forums
Feb 21, 2016 12:34 PM

Mar 2015
BlancaXLobo said:
VaroOP said:

Don't worry. It's not the first time in this forums

Haha, well glad that you understand !!
Feb 22, 2016 1:43 AM

Mar 2015
MidnightBlue12 said:
VaroOP said:

Ah, read the original post man. You will come to know. The thread name definitely indicates that the MC dies and never comes back.

Does any of them come back?

Nope, all of them will really die. It isn't a spoiler they will explain it on episode 2

Then that anime is a no go.
Feb 22, 2016 3:28 AM

Mar 2015
MidnightBlue12 said:
VaroOP said:

Then that anime is a no go.

The anime is a no go but the manga is worth it

I'll keep that in mind !! :)

More topics from this board

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

67 by Natedog22 »»
1 hour ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

10 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
4 hours ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - Apr 19

21 by radrocket »»
5 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - 7 hours ago

2 by Lucifrost »»
5 hours ago

» ntr doujin?

3hitcombo - 10 hours ago

1 by Knighty_IX »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.