Forum Settings
Forums
Tsubasa Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 1, 2016 12:25 PM

Dec 2013
CLAMP has caught my interest, and I want to read some of their works. However, it seems that some of their series are connected. So what is the order? Can I read them as stand-alone series or do I need to read them in a certain order?
Feb 1, 2016 5:13 PM

Mar 2014
LegendaryCherry said:
CLAMP has caught my interest, and I want to read some of their works. However, it seems that some of their series are connected. So what is the order? Can I read them as stand-alone series or do I need to read them in a certain order?
This can be read as a stand-alone, order to connect with other series would probably be too complex (it only links with xxxHolic, by the way), it does have a lot of cameos and references and entire characters from other series which you'll probably appreciate if you read other stuff, they don't keep the personality of all the characters completely intact if they do appear but yeah.
As for xxxHolic, I think there's a few chapters were the MCs go to each other worlds and they meet and stuff (and there's references to the other work as well as each of them goes about its own thing), but like I said, not required reading, TRC is already pretty confusing by itself.
Feb 2, 2016 11:37 AM

Dec 2013
Paulo27 said:
LegendaryCherry said:
This can be read as a stand-alone, order to connect with other series would probably be too complex (it only links with xxxHolic, by the way), it does have a lot of cameos and references and entire characters from other series which you'll probably appreciate if you read other stuff, they don't keep the personality of all the characters completely intact if they do appear but yeah.
As for xxxHolic, I think there's a few chapters were the MCs go to each other worlds and they meet and stuff (and there's references to the other work as well as each of them goes about its own thing), but like I said, not required reading, TRC is already pretty confusing by itself.

Thank you very much! I already screwed up with the Fate franchise and I didn't want to repeat the mistake. I'll start with Tsubasa and then proceed to xxxHolic, if I like it.
Feb 2, 2016 12:57 PM

Mar 2014
LegendaryCherry said:
Paulo27 said:

Thank you very much! I already screwed up with the Fate franchise and I didn't want to repeat the mistake. I'll start with Tsubasa and then proceed to xxxHolic, if I like it.
I'd also highly recommend the Cardcaptor Sakura anime, it's wonderful and you'll appreciate the MCs quite a bit more here since they are basically a somewhat grown up version, but like I said, not required at all, great show nonetheless.
Feb 6, 2016 5:28 AM

Dec 2013
Paulo27 said:
LegendaryCherry said:

I'd also highly recommend the Cardcaptor Sakura anime, it's wonderful and you'll appreciate the MCs quite a bit more here since they are basically a somewhat grown up version, but like I said, not required at all, great show nonetheless.

Yes, I'll probably check it out. I just finished Tsubasa and absolutely loved it. Surprinsingly, I understood the majority of the plot (Only the original Syaoran's origins remain confusing). Thank you for your help!
Feb 6, 2016 5:39 AM

Aug 2014
LegendaryCherry said:
Paulo27 said:

Yes, I'll probably check it out. I just finished Tsubasa and absolutely loved it. Surprinsingly, I understood the majority of the plot (Only the original Syaoran's origins remain confusing). Thank you for your help!

You probably need Tsubasa more to understand XXXholic than you need XXXholic to understand Tsubasa.
Feb 6, 2016 5:41 AM

Mar 2014
LegendaryCherry said:
Paulo27 said:

About that

Glad you liked it as well.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Chapter 60 Discussion

kuuderes_shadow - Apr 26, 2014

3 by Imran_19 »»
Sep 27, 2023 1:12 AM

Poll: » Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Chapter 24 Discussion

Confucius - Aug 7, 2012

3 by Animelover875 »»
Aug 30, 2022 8:20 PM

Poll: » Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Chapter 202 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Oct 23, 2008

23 by UfolyCloud »»
May 22, 2022 5:36 AM

Poll: » Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Chapter 181 Discussion

Kineta - Jan 30, 2008

12 by UfolyCloud »»
May 22, 2022 3:40 AM

Poll: » Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Chapter 168 Discussion

Crystal - Oct 3, 2007

5 by UfolyCloud »»
May 22, 2022 2:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.