Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 1, 2016 6:44 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
Satoshi Kon's Opus

Opus might be the most Satoshi Kon thing to ever Satoshi Kon. This is a metafictional story of several layers that might be just at home in French comics as much as it is manga. Mangaka Chikara Nagai is at hard at work finishing his title Resonance. A manga about espers fighting the brainwashing cult leader Mask. In his grand finale he plans on killing off one the characters. Only the character isn’t happy with that! Soon, Chikara finds himself in the world of his own creation where it must figure out how to end this story and get home.

Only problem is only things he drew exist in this world and that means running into the limitations of that! That crappy background on page 16? Turns out are just flat cardboard standees. But that sweet scooter on 28? Totally, a useful ride.

If you love Satoshi Kon’s works and are looking for a little be more of that experience you can’t go wrong with Opus . It is very much in the nature of what is reality.

Buy: Here

If you have a a series you would like to be the pick of the month please send me a write up and a few pictures and yours can be next!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 2, 2016 2:10 PM

Apr 2011
This is probably my favorite of Kon's manga (that I've read), and I find it's one of his most imaginative works. Defiantly worth a read.
Feb 2, 2016 8:47 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
I liked Tropic of the Sea it felt like a summer block buster movie. This is a whole different bag. Very, cool if you like meta-fictional stories and I really do. I still need to pick up his other works, they are on the list though.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vote for the Hidden Gem of Manga - May 2024

Brand - Apr 21

0 by Brand »»
Apr 21, 4:32 PM

Sticky: » Suggest a Hidden Gem of the Month! ( 1 2 3 4 )

Brand - May 2, 2017

181 by Mr_Libra »»
Apr 8, 10:06 AM

» April 2024 - Believers

Brand - Apr 3

0 by Brand »»
Apr 3, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Vote for the Hidden Gem of Manga - April 2024

Brand - Mar 17

0 by Brand »»
Mar 17, 7:24 AM

» March 2024 - Isabella Bird in Wonderland: Unbeaten Tracks in Japan

Brand - Mar 2

0 by Brand »»
Mar 2, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.