Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2016 9:10 PM

Apr 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OK, so there are definitely 3 factions, but no-one bothered to tell anyone in at least one faction who else is on their side. Glad that's all cleared up!

ps why is there so little discussion on this show? weird
Sep 5, 2020 9:00 PM

Jul 2015
More and more characters appeared and we get to know them little by little.
Auntie revealed something really interesting, we'll see how this goes...
Sep 19, 2020 8:58 PM

Jun 2010
All this exposition is really a drag. I'd like more things to happen rather than scenes of things being explained.
Dec 18, 2020 1:14 PM

Dec 2015
A bit too crammed up for the sake of speeding things up. Nevermind, here comes the sexy "auntie" / sword delivery service.

4/5 Nice appearance from Karen (the glasses street lamp shot).

@Blackouting Because X isn't something popular nowadays. Back then (90s, early 2000s), it was THE Clamp work. And when Kawajiri was announced to helm a TV series, it was highly anticipated. In France, we waited less than 2 years to get it (as simple and "deluxe" sets). Yet, when it was dubbed and hit the afternoon (post-school) slot on the all new public service TV channel less than three years laters, nobody was even talking about it for its three runs.
And nowadays, it's too late : people will immediately rally against its 2000s digital transition look. (Honestly, I think it was made very decently unlike most TV productions from 2001-2008 who had so many ugly drawings. Here, almost all close-ups are very good and only a few mid-range shots have slightly poorer drawings than the usual.)

@FMmatron Great, now I'll always think about you every time some characters enter the ring...
Rei_IIIDec 18, 2020 1:28 PM
Jun 4, 2022 5:57 PM

Jan 2020
I wasn't expecting a naked lady, but I guess I'll take it. Nothing wrong with it.

So many characters, but it looks like who is who is being explained a little bit more now. Basically, the Seals and Angels want different things. Either way, there appear to be a lot of people involved in the end of the world.

Kamui's Mom's role is kind of weird; sacrificing herself to protect Kamui from misfortune? What does he have to be so angsty about then?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 25, 2023 9:48 AM

Sep 2017

She crying as well. Its haunting.
Music during the scene was also too haunting

Damn this guy. Quite awesome wind user

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 25, 2023 10:11 AM

Sep 2017
Also the ending, where his aunt seemingly dies from car explosion.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 25, 2023 10:16 AM

Sep 2017
Reply to Rei_III
A bit too crammed up for the sake of speeding things up. Nevermind, here comes the sexy "auntie" / sword delivery service.

4/5 Nice appearance from Karen (the glasses street lamp shot).

@Blackouting Because X isn't something popular nowadays. Back then (90s, early 2000s), it was THE Clamp work. And when Kawajiri was announced to helm a TV series, it was highly anticipated. In France, we waited less than 2 years to get it (as simple and "deluxe" sets). Yet, when it was dubbed and hit the afternoon (post-school) slot on the all new public service TV channel less than three years laters, nobody was even talking about it for its three runs.
And nowadays, it's too late : people will immediately rally against its 2000s digital transition look. (Honestly, I think it was made very decently unlike most TV productions from 2001-2008 who had so many ugly drawings. Here, almost all close-ups are very good and only a few mid-range shots have slightly poorer drawings than the usual.)

@FMmatron Great, now I'll always think about you every time some characters enter the ring...
Rei_III said:

What did u mean by this @Rei_III ?

More topics from this board

Poll: » X Episode 24 Discussion

Cello - May 2, 2009

31 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Mar 13, 3:28 AM

» Help: X (TV) filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 10

3 by Joker_Sama »»
Feb 14, 8:58 AM

Poll: » X Episode 23 Discussion

RyanBebop - Jan 19, 2012

9 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 7, 2023 8:11 PM

Poll: » X Episode 22 Discussion

RyanBebop - Jan 18, 2012

6 by JeremiahOrange »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:51 AM

Poll: » X Episode 21 Discussion

RyanBebop - Jan 17, 2012

4 by JeremiahOrange »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.