Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 31, 2016 12:27 PM

Aug 2009
So, anyone on here like me and play MOBAS?
I play League of Legends and I'm checking out DOTA 2 atm (which is really weird compared to league when it comes to the structure of the game)
Jan 31, 2016 12:37 PM
Jun 2014
mobas here, mobas there. Most of them are all the same. Smite, Dota and League are the only interesting ones. There's another one that looks good but you need windows 10 to play it.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jan 31, 2016 9:30 PM

Nov 2014
I'm playing League, tried out Smite and Dota, but they weren't convincing.

There is a new one being released though in Summer 2016.
Name's "Paragon"
It's a 3 dimesnional 3rd person Moba. Every ability is a skillshot. Might want to check it out xD
If it's you captain. I might not mind... showing you everything. Like my engines...
Feb 1, 2016 2:52 AM
Jun 2011
League of Legends if I'm using my gaming pc.

If not, then I'm playing Vainglory in my tablet. It's only for iOS though. Good graphics, but less characters and can only allow up to 3v3.
Feb 1, 2016 2:53 AM

Jul 2013
I liked LoL for a little, gets old fast. I moved past that shit yo.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Feb 8, 2016 8:50 PM

Aug 2009
Fuchsia said:
I liked LoL for a little, gets old fast. I moved past that shit yo.

I'm trying to master all the champs. But I'm finding some of them not my style and difficult. Or finding the lanes their played in to be too tough (like jayce in top lane, I switched to playing him in jg and it's made all the difference, jg is way more fun with him for some reason)
I own about 20 skins (I got on discount like 18 of them, the other two i bought outright, snowdown, mystery skins, lunar revel store) and 58 champions. I figured If i can get to the point where I own all the champs and a skin for each of them, I can sell my account for at least most of what I paid or more, because I have so much stuff. Or something like that. Or It'll just be cool to own them all. I know it's a waste of time, but I'm slowing down on it, and getting back into anime.

Kylin said:
League of Legends if I'm using my gaming pc.

If not, then I'm playing Vainglory in my tablet. It's only for iOS though. Good graphics, but less characters and can only allow up to 3v3.

3v3 is incredibly unbalanced on league for some reason. I sort of know why. In a normal game, you have a tanky champ (either jg, top lane, or sup), an ADC (Marksman), A mage (usually 1 or 2 on each team depending on the sup), then an AD jg (or top lane). So you need all of those to have a decent team composition, and Twisted treeline's is weird. Either you have a tank, or you have an AD champ played top or jg in the normal game. Then you have a mage, and a marksman. The weird thing about this game is you don't have a support for your marksman, and the combinations are even more difficult. So if you pick three champs that are all countered by the enemy team you're pretty much screwed.
Feb 8, 2016 8:54 PM

Aug 2009
Sexymofo said:
mobas here, mobas there. Most of them are all the same. Smite, Dota and League are the only interesting ones. There's another one that looks good but you need windows 10 to play it.

The novelty of it is playing with team members vs another team of people playing together. Which is a double edged sword. Because you can lose a lot of games JUST because of your team being light in the loafers and sucking at gaming. Also because of AFKS or people having lag. Or, wait, people THROWING A GAME! OMG! Yes, people literally start to suck and feed because they're power hungry and think they're doing so good that they get cocky and targeted. So yes, mobas are pretty much all the same, except their maps are a bit different and DOTA has like lots more items, and all champs are free to play.
Feb 8, 2016 9:14 PM
Aug 2014
Ministrelle said:

Name's "Paragon"
It's a 3 dimesnional 3rd person Moba. Every ability is a skillshot. Might want to check it out xD

Well they are years late already to act original with that
Smite has that all :P

I played heroes of the storm, smite and league.
League by far the most which will propably never change for as long as i play mobas
Smite is pretty decent, the 3rd person aspect makes it feel very different from other mobas.
Heroes of the storm was pretty meh though, it feels way more casual than league(which isnt always a bad thing, bit in the moba genre it is if you ask me)
dakotasapphire said:

3v3 is incredibly unbalanced on league for some reason.

Theres a very simple reason for that. Riot doesnt balance the Champions around 3v3, they balance them around5v5 because thats the most played gamemode and the one thats used in professional play.
deleted_User2Feb 8, 2016 9:19 PM
Feb 8, 2016 9:53 PM

Apr 2014
I tend to play Smite on my Xbox One. It's evolved quite nicely, I'm excited for the season three changes as well.

My gaming PC bust a while back so I am now a console peasant errrr'day and I love it.
Tonight, Synklare joins the hunt.
Feb 8, 2016 9:58 PM

Aug 2009
leNerd said:
Ministrelle said:

Name's "Paragon"

Well they are years late already to act original with that
Smite has that all :P

I played heroes of the storm, smite and league.
League by far the most which will propably never change for as long as i play mobas
Smite is pretty decent, the 3rd person aspect makes it feel very different from other mobas.
Heroes of the storm was pretty meh though, it feels way more casual than league(which isnt always a bad thing, bit in the moba genre it is if you ask me)
dakotasapphire said:

3v3 is incredibly unbalanced on league for some reason.

Theres a very simple reason for that. Riot doesnt balance the Champions around 3v3, they balance them around5v5 because thats the most played gamemode and the one thats used in professional play.

I did explain that further down my post why. :D but yeah you're right.
Feb 8, 2016 10:01 PM

Feb 2016
I really don't like how they rework champions so often in League of Legends. I'm afraid to grow accustomed to someone only to have their entire kit changed. They did that to Sion and made him worse.
Feb 8, 2016 10:03 PM

Aug 2012
dakotasapphire said:
So yes, mobas are pretty much all the same, except their maps are a bit different and DOTA has like lots more items, and all champs Heroes are free to play.

fixed that for you :P

But you'll still take damage!
Feb 8, 2016 10:44 PM

Aug 2009
maku21 said:
dakotasapphire said:
So yes, mobas are pretty much all the same, except their maps are a bit different and DOTA has like lots more items, and all champs Heroes are free to play.

Yeah yeah, its so confusing to know which ones are which. People call league's characters 'champions'
Feb 8, 2016 10:46 PM

Aug 2012
dakotasapphire said:
maku21 said:

Yeah yeah, its so confusing to know which ones are which. People call league's characters 'champions'

not really lol.
i know that :D

Feb 8, 2016 10:51 PM

Aug 2009
maku21 said:
dakotasapphire said:

not really lol.
i know that :D

Well i've only played dota a couple times ;D
Feb 8, 2016 10:59 PM

Aug 2012
dakotasapphire said:

Well i've only played dota a couple times ;D

did not like it?
i tried playing league but didn't like it lel, maybe when they're done with the client update i'll try again lol

Feb 8, 2016 11:29 PM

Feb 2012
Here's my take.

League if you're too pussy to play DOTA and wanna lie to yourself after getting Diamond 1+ that you're actually good at something worthwhile as you try to bury all the memories throughout your life of how mediocre you actually were at everything else in life.

DOTA if you're too pussy to play an RTS (eg. Starcraft, etc) and want teammates to blame for losing.

Smite if you're too mentally challenged to play League and/or are easily entertained.

HoN if you're stuck in 2010 and still crying that you're top 8 on a game that nobody cares about anymore

Bloodline Champions if you want to pretend you're playing a MOBA that's "skillfull" but want to hide the fact you're actually afraid of DOTA (which you use to play because you were afraid of Warcraft 3 ladder) and be a big fish in a small pond. A really really fuckin small pond.
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Feb 9, 2016 4:33 AM
Aug 2014
SaltySeaking said:
I really don't like how they rework champions so often in League of Legends. I'm afraid to grow accustomed to someone only to have their entire kit changed. They did that to Sion and made him worse.

I think theyre doing a damn good job with their reworks.
The sion rework made a goofy, weird to play, ugly and mechanically aged champ into a unique and thematically/mechanically well designed character
I understand the nostalgia people must feel when they played a champion for years and they get changed so dramatically like they did with sion
but considering how aged and cringy he was designed, they just had to change everything exept the name :P

Another good rework was the gragas one. He was a fat man that was meant to smash people with kegs and his belly. But he was played like a xerath, with long range and squishy i-dont-want-to-get-near-anybody builds that were just absolute contrary to his design
Now after the rework he looks like a fat drunktard that would mash folks up a barfight and he plays like a fat drunktard that will mash folks up like in a barfight
Feb 9, 2016 4:47 AM

Sep 2013
I Tried once Strife and it was a bit interesting, but still prefer League.
[center[/center]
Feb 9, 2016 3:04 PM

Aug 2009
Bloodcalibur said:
Here's my take.

League if you're too pussy to play DOTA and wanna lie to yourself after getting Diamond 1+ that you're actually good at something worthwhile as you try to bury all the memories throughout your life of how mediocre you actually were at everything else in life.

DOTA if you're too pussy to play an RTS (eg. Starcraft, etc) and want teammates to blame for losing.

Smite if you're too mentally challenged to play League and/or are easily entertained.

HoN if you're stuck in 2010 and still crying that you're top 8 on a game that nobody cares about anymore

Bloodline Champions if you want to pretend you're playing a MOBA that's "skillfull" but want to hide the fact you're actually afraid of DOTA (which you use to play because you were afraid of Warcraft 3 ladder) and be a big fish in a small pond. A really really fuckin small pond.

Dude League is kind of hard IMO. At least SOME of the champs are harder to learn. Anyhow, I'm still working on trying out DOTA but I don't like how its hard to get into.
Feb 9, 2016 3:07 PM

Feb 2015
I'm a casual Heroes of the Storm player. I usually just play a few Quick Matches for daily rewards or if my friend invites me to join. Haven't played any other MOBAs, nor am I interested in trying them out.
Feb 9, 2016 8:58 PM

Feb 2013
I am not mechanically skilled, but I enjoy DOTA more than league. The depth of the game isn't too overwhelming or underwhelming.
Feb 9, 2016 10:28 PM

Aug 2009
eturnity said:
I am not mechanically skilled, but I enjoy DOTA more than league. The depth of the game isn't too overwhelming or underwhelming.

Yeah im not really mechanical either, except I play a mean vayne so maybe I am?
Feb 9, 2016 10:30 PM

Nov 2012
I love League. Any time I try a different MOBA it just makes me want to play League more. Tried DotA but something about the way the engine and heroes felt just didn't click with me. I still recognize that it has just as much potential for depth of play; it's just not my cup of tea, but I might give it another shot sometime. Tried Heroes of the Storm and found it woefully simplistic. The lack of itemization completely kills the game for me. HotS is ultra pleb casual, and I consider myself fairly casual as it is. Blizzard's strategy nowadays outside of StarCraft II seems to be dumbing everything down thinking that this will make it more accessible. It doesn't. It just makes it more boring.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Feb 10, 2016 3:33 AM

Jan 2016
I like League because it's much easier and hence, enjoyable than DOta 2. Haha!
Feb 10, 2016 3:44 AM

Jan 2016
I have to wear a gas mask when playing League because the OCE server is irradiated with toxicity xD

But I do like the game, even though I'm pathetic at it.
Feb 10, 2016 3:57 AM

Apr 2013
I played LoL heavily, not into it as much anymore though. Never got into DotA2 or HotS.
Feb 10, 2016 4:32 AM

Feb 2014
I play League since season 3 (3 years ago) , I also tried HotS and Vainglory.
Feb 15, 2016 8:53 PM

Aug 2009
Blankz88 said:
I have to wear a gas mask when playing League because the OCE server is irradiated with toxicity xD

But I do like the game, even though I'm pathetic at it.

I feel you, lately i've only been playing aram to avoid running into these people.
Feb 15, 2016 9:08 PM

Apr 2014
League is fun but the community is really too toxic to enjoy it. I only ever play with friends but ive been addicted to path of exile as of late ;s especially with the update coming soon ;~;
Feb 16, 2016 4:30 AM

Oct 2013
Bloodcalibur said:
Here's my take.

You must be fun at parties.

Anyhow, it's league for me and if I'll ever get bored of that, it'll be DOTA 2 - I'd like to play both tbh but time doesn't allow it so sticking to the one I know best for now.

I've always been attracted to MOBAs, ever since the original Dota. Let's be honest here, MOBAs(and perhaps FPSs) are the go-to games for anyone who enjoy's team oriented PvP. I've always struggled between wanting to PVP & but needing PVE to PvP effectively in MMOs - and those are hard to nearly impossible to balance anyway.

Toxicity is a given in any competitive game. But you eventually get used to dealing with those people(one way or the other) and even get a thicker skin as a result. Sure, controlling a vast number of units in an RTS might be more difficult than a single champion/hero in a MOBA, but what a lot of people who wave their e-peens around with the "hur-dur, MOBAs got nothing on RTSs in terms of difficulty" are forgetting is that about half of the challenge of a MOBA comes from the teamwork aspect. When you soloQ, you're playing with 4 strangers that you have no idea how good they are, if they're toxic, friendly or cooperative and you but you have to somehow work together with them in order to win. Managing to get say, "RivenMaster123" to stop going 1 v 5 and group might be the difference between a loss & defeat, and as difficult may that be at times(literally impossible sometimes), I look at these things as part of the challenge that a MOBA offers.

Am I weird? :D
Feb 16, 2016 5:06 AM

Jan 2013
Nah, I don't play assfaggots anymore
Feb 17, 2016 8:19 AM

Mar 2015
Well I tried out LoL first and after about 100 hours was still not convinced at all so I switched to DOTA.
DOTA has a steep learning curve and takes a lot of time to get genuinely good at but once you rake up about 1000 hours and understand most of the fine nuances, tricks and interactions between the Heroes, items, roles and team compositions it can be an incredibly rewarding experience especially if played in a team with ts.

If you want to play casually and just for fun you should rather stick to another game or DOTA mods as DOTA itself is rather competitive especially in the higher skill brackets and not taking it seriously will get you yelled at by russians. Lots of them.
Feb 17, 2016 9:50 AM

Aug 2013
MiniSiets said:
Tried Heroes of the Storm and found it woefully simplistic. The lack of itemization completely kills the game for me.

Thats because ability builds replace items I never got everyone's shaft stroking over items like its the most amazing thing since gaming inception. Its combining minor buffs and abilities no different to HOTS's ability builds. You have your abilities then you have your talents. How you build your talents totally changes how your hero functions on the field. A minathur for example runs totally different to a team support abathur build.

http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/guide/the-many-ways-of-abathur-1194

Also mine abathur is love is life.

Talent options for one character.

SpooksFeb 17, 2016 9:56 AM
Feb 20, 2016 5:46 AM

Feb 2012
ManlyTear said:
You must be fun at parties.

I'm what they call, "the life of the party".

ManlyTear said:
I've always struggled between wanting to PVP & but needing PVE to PvP effectively in MMOs - and those are hard to nearly impossible to balance anyway.

Nah, they usually aren't. With respect to WoW, leading a top 3 Tichondrius guild from scratch within 4 months while having four 25-man static raiding groups running end-game weekly + selling Gladiator accounts on a cycle, all within my first serious 4 months on WoW, was a simple display of following protocol of common sense and intuitive maximization of resources.

Tera & Aion made it even easier to jump into both.

ManlyTear said:
Toxicity is a given in any competitive game. But you eventually get used to dealing with those people(one way or the other) and even get a thicker skin as a result. Sure, controlling a vast number of units in an RTS might be more difficult than a single champion/hero in a MOBA, but what a lot of people who wave their e-peens around with the "hur-dur, MOBAs got nothing on RTSs in terms of difficulty" are forgetting is that about half of the challenge of a MOBA comes from the teamwork aspect. When you soloQ, you're playing with 4 strangers that you have no idea how good they are, if they're toxic, friendly or cooperative and you but you have to somehow work together with them in order to win. Managing to get say, "RivenMaster123" to stop going 1 v 5 and group might be the difference between a loss & defeat, and as difficult may that be at times(literally impossible sometimes), I look at these things as part of the challenge that a MOBA offers.

Everyone at the top or has experienced the top of multiple games they've played is fully aware of where the actual hardship of team oriented games comes from. That said, playing against, and crushing Pandemic and MyM members back in the days of DOTA 1, while playing it casually, achieving top 8 on HoN rankings when it was still being played seriously in the first year, and the fact I have a good enough headroom of skill gap between myself and 99.999% of DOTA players by the time DOTA 2 came out to skill-difference over 400 players (who are now at minimum above 4000 MMR) with relative ease, I can tell you right now that the me that's required to play at that level in MOBAs and the me that's required to play RTS are worlds apart.

When I play a MOBA, I'm relaxed enough to yawn, eat, and overall I just feel like I'm not really doing much to begin with from beginning to end. I tried LoL for a short while and there are witnesses of me crushing Diamond 3 to 1 players on my 3rd day of playing. I can agree that the rest of the missing ability to win in an even-more team oriented game like LoL is in the team play and understanding the champions. With less skill-cap the game has, the more pressure there is to take advantage of the smallest basic fundamentals. In a game like Warcraft 3 or Starcraft, a vastly superior player can stay relaxed and rely on superior strategy and physical control to overwhelm the opponent. In LoL, two players are far closer in ability in terms of the limitations of the game's physics, by design. Thus, the rest of the pressure falls on taking advantage of the smallest differences and increasing the chances of winning as a team.

This is basic stuff. You said nothing new.

The gap is still wide as fuck though.
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Feb 20, 2016 6:46 PM

Aug 2012
I like league because everybody gets farmed fast and stuff is happening fast.

But I prefer dota 2, imo, it has slightly better skill mechanics than LoL, and the item mechanics is much much deeper. Hence it becomes a much favorable strategy game. But man, the last few patches are just horrible that I can't even ...

I signed up for Paragon beta, hopefully I'll like this one

More topics from this board

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - Apr 19

6 by KenaiPhoenix »»
4 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

52 by goodtasty »»
5 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3506 by goodtasty »»
6 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

8 by Astachanna »»
6 hours ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

12 by _untitled »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.