Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 1, 2016 8:13 AM

Jan 2012
FireEmblemIke24 said:
We don't know yet but hopefully it's gear 5 or something xD

LOL we just have seen gear 4 , do u think we will see gear 5 so fast

Feb 3, 2016 12:05 AM

Jul 2014
I thought this episode was done rather well. It felt really epic (in a sorta battle manga way, but still) and was really exciting despite the long recap.
Feb 4, 2016 2:41 AM
Oct 2014
The pace is killing me!
Feb 4, 2016 5:09 AM

Apr 2014
Leo Bazooka!!! Luffy nearly finished Doflamingo with a Leo Bazooka and a Kamehameha gesture after his attack. Only one punch more and Doflamingo would be dead. But Luffy has no power left and changed back to his normal form. Doflamingo is still alive, ready to win this fight. And Jesus Burgess from the Blackbeard pirates is after Luffy, too. He's after his Gum-Gum fruit.
Feb 5, 2016 5:53 PM

Mar 2010
Well its better than a DBZ finishing move...

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 6, 2016 2:11 PM

May 2010
Well this was pretty epic. I'm guessing that Luffy is more tired of his new moves (Haki overuse?) rather than beat up by Mingo. Seriously, Doflamingo hasn't shown anything super-cool until now, and I really dislike him, compared to other OP villains. Can't wait for Luffy to finish him up, though looking at his current condition, I can't imagine what more he can do ;_;

Also, these damn villagers, how can they just leave him like that ;((
Feb 7, 2016 11:32 PM

Apr 2009
AForgottenSoul said:
croixgolden said:
i'm not sure if Doffy too strong or luffy just Pathetic?

doffy too strong

Teufel said:
Glad that wasn't the end, it would've felt anticlimactic although Doflamingo smashed into the cliffside in the God Usopp pose was cool. I assume Doflamingo will be defeated when his glasses break.

Doffy's my favorite villain, I'm happy he's still around and will miss him when we move onto a new arc.

Really interesting that Burgess was apparently gifted the ability to steal devil fruit powers by Blackbeard. I wonder how that works.

how can people be gifted power to steal devil fruits its a bit OP and stupid honestly

He intends to steal it somehow, the only way we've seen a devil fruit power taken is by Blackbeard. Therefore it's not unlikely to think if Burgess can steal a devil fruit power it's because of Blackbeard somehow.

dbaranyi said:
Teufel said:

Really interesting that Burgess was apparently gifted the ability to steal devil fruit powers by Blackbeard. I wonder how that works.

No, Burgess said that he would kill Luffy and then take the Gum-Gum fruit. I guess that Burgess has another non-devil fruit with him that will change into the Gum-Gum once Luffy dies.

Kill Luffy and take the Gum-Gum fruit. Like I said, steal it, like Blackbeard stole Whitebeard's. Thanks for agreeing with me.
Feb 9, 2016 6:00 AM

Apr 2013
7 minutes opening + recap, that sucks so bad...
Feb 9, 2016 7:40 AM

Oct 2009
Despite the long recap this was awesome! Man the fight was done so good!! Also they didn't drag it out, one of my favourite fights in a long time!
Feb 10, 2016 3:39 PM

Apr 2009
Gator said:

you can skip it ;p........
Feb 10, 2016 11:36 PM

Apr 2013
AForgottenSoul said:
Gator said:

I do, but it doesn't change the fact that the episode gets less content since it doesn't get any longer :P
Feb 11, 2016 8:36 PM

Jan 2013
Gomu Gomu "Kamehameha!" - Luffy's hands are in the exact same position as the kamehameha :D

RIP 4th Gear, took a huge toll on his body :/

Doffy's back and MAD as ever.

Gator said:

Dont know how long you've been watching One Piece, but this has been pretty common for One Piece episodes lately.
It's a shame but the entire series has been pretty slow aswell.
Feb 11, 2016 10:56 PM

Apr 2009
Gator said:
AForgottenSoul said:

I do, but it doesn't change the fact that the episode gets less content since it doesn't get any longer :P
PrOxAnto said:
Gomu Gomu "Kamehameha!" - Luffy's hands are in the exact same position as the kamehameha :D

RIP 4th Gear, took a huge toll on his body :/

Doffy's back and MAD as ever.

Gator said:

Dont know how long you've been watching One Piece, but this has been pretty common for One Piece episodes lately.

i agree its a shame but ive sort of got over it haha ;p
Feb 11, 2016 11:20 PM

Apr 2013
PrOxAnto said:

I know the opening takes 3 minutes every time, but 4 minutes for the recap is a new record.
Apr 27, 2016 2:22 PM

Feb 2016
i dont get it , luffy was unable to break doffy attacks at first , then he scream and turn his head red and smack doffy with it ? Then he scream even more and super punch ?? Dafuq is that ? How come he was able to win over doffy " awaken " abilty by NOT doing anything new other than scream harder ? Lol also wtf is with doffy abilty , how can he control the strong around the city and at the same time fight and yet heal himself ....
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Apr 27, 2016 2:54 PM

Nov 2010
hisokathebutcher said:
i dont get it , luffy was unable to break doffy attacks at first , then he scream and turn his head red and smack doffy with it ? Then he scream even more and super punch ?? Dafuq is that ? How come he was able to win over doffy " awaken " abilty by NOT doing anything new other than scream harder ?

Maybe because you know... they were fighting... and taking damage... and there is a limit to how much damage a body can take.... and doflamingo has reached his limit first... so he lost...

Don't you think?

That's how Luffy's fights work. Like a battle in a rpg game. You just take away hp until the next attack finally kills the enemy.
Apr 28, 2016 2:51 AM

Feb 2016
Dahaka_ said:
hisokathebutcher said:
i dont get it , luffy was unable to break doffy attacks at first , then he scream and turn his head red and smack doffy with it ? Then he scream even more and super punch ?? Dafuq is that ? How come he was able to win over doffy " awaken " abilty by NOT doing anything new other than scream harder ?

Maybe because you know... they were fighting... and taking damage... and there is a limit to how much damage a body can take.... and doflamingo has reached his limit first... so he lost...

Don't you think?

That's how Luffy's fights work. Like a battle in a rpg game. You just take away hp until the next attack finally kills the enemy.
i dont think so mate , didn't you see how the episode ended ? Doffy can still take more damage . Its just that he doesnt scream like luffy , screaming gave luffy the abilty to break dofy's strings " awaken" .
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Apr 28, 2016 8:36 AM

Nov 2010
hisokathebutcher said:
Dahaka_ said:

Don't you think?

i dont think so mate , didn't you see how the episode ended ? Doffy can still take more damage . Its just that he doesnt scream like luffy , screaming gave luffy the abilty to break dofy's strings " awaken" .

Oh, I thought that was the final episode of the fight.

He used a stronger attack, so he broke through. Simple.
Apr 28, 2016 11:58 AM

Feb 2016
Dahaka_ said:
hisokathebutcher said:

Oh, I thought that was the final episode of the fight.

He used a stronger attack, so he broke through. Simple.

he didnt use stronger attack , he use the same " punch while screaming " attack "
Anyway i dont want to sound butt hurt lol . Whatever work for you mate .
Aug 18, 2016 2:19 AM

Mar 2015
How is any of this supposed to have any impact if it gets dragged out so pathetically like this
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 22, 2016 10:50 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode. Hope luffy comes back soon to fight and now in Sabo we trust :P
Aug 26, 2016 8:30 PM

May 2013
Baka townspeople D:< y'all wouldn't even KNOW about Doffy being a hella evil pirate if it weren't for the Mugiwara crew coming into town >.> pssshhhh. Doubting Luffy's good heart like that! >:T

I wanna see how Zoro tries to stop the birdcage
Mar 5, 2017 11:21 PM

Mar 2012
Freaking Flamingo and his bootleg healing ability.
Nov 10, 2017 1:00 AM
Apr 2017
Doflamingo is too strong in fact.
Dec 26, 2017 4:19 PM

Dec 2014
Jesus Doflamingo is formidable as fuck. I wonder how Luffy's going to take him down without 4th gear.
Mar 25, 2020 5:07 PM

Jun 2016
Luffy and Doflamingo’s fight wasn’t all that interesting, it was Luffy avoiding and deflecting big strings and trying to Cabaji Doflamingo by striking his weakened internal organs over and over again. Not bad but not much to remark on. That said, it made me chuckle a few times. Doflamingo, irritated and yelling that Luffy is annoying got to me, it felt so honest like Doffy was just expressing how truly pissed it makes the villains to fight such a tenacious rubber ball. The other was Luffy’s bullet bill attack where he sucked his head in to bash Doffy. That looked ridiculous.

Regardless, Luffy launched Doffy into a cliff, crucifying him in a way akin to how he was hung as a child. The epic “Reborn! The Straw Hat Pirates!” played but ultimately I found what came after that quite boring. Unfortunately, we had a super drawn out “gotcha” moment. If I recall, Zoro told us earlier not to celebrate until the birdcage is gone, and as an audience we knew that, so having an incredibly obvious “Luffy won!!!” when he absolutely didn’t felt like a waste of time. The only things I predicted that didn't come to fruition were that, I expected Doffy to start laughing while strung up there to let us know he was still alive, or even be pretending he was dead to trick Luffy into leaving himself open, going for the final hit. Rather, Luffy couldn’t make it in time and now Doflamingo is back, Luffy is down, and poetically just as the last time Doffy was strung up to die, he refused to die once again. I’d wonder if the “I’ll kill you all” rage is back too, but I don’t think that ever left.

That said, the way this episode ended got me excited. We now have an interesting scenario. The people don’t fully trust Luffy and they are put in between a rock(the birdcage) and a hard place(Doflamingo). It appears they may have to work together to keep Luffy safe. Meanwhile Jesus Burgess hopped down to finish Luffy off for Blackbeard, no sense of honour huh Mr. Champion? This means he probably pulled the best possible plan off and let the others hurt themselves so he could finish off Luffy and Doflamingo, saving himself while he's at it. Either way, Luffy is now the apple of two strong and evil men’s eyes. Sabo will probably be involved here and it’s no longer clear exactly what will happen. I’d wager Luffy has to somehow muster up the strength to break the glasses off Doflamingo’s face. But, how that will happen, who knows… And that makes it interesting!

Lastly, although I sincerely doubt Bellamy is going to stay dead, if he does, the motif people have mentioned about Luffy springing his legs akin to Bellamy, fits with the theme of inherited will greatly. Just as Ace wore the S on his tattoo for Sabo, or as Sabo took over Ace’s power and Luffy took over Red Hawk, Luffy would have also taken over the springy attacks of Bellamy.
May 26, 2021 6:28 AM

Apr 2021
oh no did daffy just sit there to waste time? I mean luffy had a time limit so that would make sense ,, but dang awakening powers???
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Jun 7, 2021 9:16 AM

May 2016
Trafalgar might just be the person who can prevent Doflamingo from healing himself from within at the last minute instead of Luffy. It'd also make sense since he's the one with the biggest motive to finish the bastard off.

Seriously, how durable is this dude?

Aug 14, 2021 2:59 PM

Jun 2019
Come on... now it's too much. Just die already.
Aug 28, 2021 11:11 AM

Aug 2021
"Why do you keep bouncing up and down? Can't you stop?"

Nope bouce bouce bouce xD

wtf is burgees doing there now .... he's gonna use the same trick on Luffy as Teach did on whitebeard the extraction of devil fruit powers from one

May 16, 2022 3:30 AM
Jul 2018
this episode is great
removed-userAug 13, 2022 4:24 AM
Aug 23, 2023 3:35 PM
Dec 2017
painfully slow like the rest of the show
Sep 10, 2023 3:34 AM
Oct 2019
Bruhh the civilians really saying that? WTF
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 8, 2009

51 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Apr 14

10 by HilariousPerson »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 11, 2009

94 by kejora »»
2 hours ago

» One Piece Hindi Dubbed starting May 5th for Indian Audiences

PirateHasan - 2 hours ago

0 by PirateHasan »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 367 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lofoc - Aug 24, 2008

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.