Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 29, 2016 9:16 PM

Jan 2016
I keep getting told PMMM is total crap because of its immense plot holes? what are they because I haven't noticed any at all? thank you :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 29, 2016 9:17 PM

Apr 2014
I think most of those people are either just haters or fans who didn't like Rebellion tbh.
Jan 29, 2016 9:22 PM

Dec 2015
I fucking loved madoka magica, but there are holes to the story.

I won't list everything because I think most people can comment what they see, but one thing that always slightly bothered me about the series was kyubey's "explanation" for the universe and his species. I felt the informaton was going from A to D while skipping B and C. Also, the way the story explains the concept of "time" is a bit too farce (even though it is a completely fictional series, the explanation wasn't handled as well as it could have been).

I still thought the series was great overall, and I was able to overlook some of the holes it had...but I can understand why people would complain about it.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 29, 2016 9:23 PM

Jan 2016
Protaku said:
I think most of those people are either just haters or fans who didn't like Rebellion tbh.

honestly I LOVED the ending of rebellion because even madoka didn't like her choice she was just a good person, this is strengthened by the new trailer for the concept movie she even said she was lonely and didn't have happiness.
they say the plot holes are from the anime though not the movie I keep trying to find them but I see none....
Jan 29, 2016 9:25 PM

Dec 2015
Must have missed these plot holes since I can't recall any though I'm sure there are some. Then again I haven't seen Rebellion yet.
Jan 29, 2016 9:27 PM
Jan 2013
Kyuubey's character is filled with holes, for example:

gone bai bai

Jan 2016
Starla_Fox said:
Must have missed these plot holes since I can't recall any though I'm sure there are some. Then again I haven't seen Rebellion yet.

OMG you should! I prefer it over the series honestly >.< but it depends on how you viewed madokas sacrifice though...

Dec 2015
Starla_Fox said:

I haven't seen the movies either.
I'm afraid they won't be as good as the series :(

Mkim said:

lol stahp
Banner credit to @turnip

Dec 2012
Lolplotholes. I stopped taking that word seriously when MAL users tried to define Eren screaming in Attack on Titan as a plothole.

Essentially plothole = I want an explanation for everything.
Jan 29, 2016 9:28 PM

Jan 2016
KonaKoffee4 said:

I won't list everything because I think most people can comment what they see, but one thing that always slightly bothered me about the series was kyubey's "explanation" for the universe and his species. I felt the informaton was going from A to D while skipping B and C. Also, the way the story explains the concept of "time" is a bit too farce (even though it is a completely fictional series, the explanation wasn't handled as well as it could have been).

I still thought the series was great overall, and I was able to overlook some of the holes it had...but I can understand why people would complain about it.

like what are the plot holes though? to me leaving info out isn't a plot hole I consider contradictions plot holes? and I think theyre gunna explain more about the incubators in the concept movie

KonaKoffee4 said:
Starla_Fox said:

I haven't seen the movies either.
I'm afraid they won't be as good as the series :(

Mkim said:

lol stahp

like I said its good depending on where you stand about madokas sacrifice at the end I personally thought it was amazing but the community is divided but I mean like I said in the concept movie trailer madoka said she didn't have happiness. so it depends on how you viewed the series

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
shawnofthedeadzJan 29, 2016 10:32 PM
Jan 29, 2016 9:31 PM

Dec 2015
Mkim said:

Haha! That was a good one.

Ratohnhaketon said:
Lolplotholes. I stopped taking that word seriously when MAL users tried to define Eren screaming in Attack on Titan as a plothole.

Have people seriously called that a plot hole?
Jan 29, 2016 9:32 PM

Dec 2015
NekoChamaKawaii said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

like what are the plot holes though? to me leaving info out isn't a plot hole I consider contradictions plot holes? and I think theyre gunna explain more about the incubators in the concept movie

well it can be considered a plot hole, mainly regarding kyubey's explanation, where he's from, the way he explained why he's doing what he's doing (even though he explained some of it, there were certain things that felt a bit off).

my statement about the time travel was moreso me noticing something that can be deemed a right off (meaning it doesn't go against the entire series itself).

But like I said before, I haven't seen any of the movies at all and regardless I still thought the series was great.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 29, 2016 9:38 PM
Jul 2018
There're some minor holes but not that immense, huge, and such. It's just Madoka is often targeted by MAL's pseudo-elitist as an object for eluding theirselves from 'casual territory'.
Jan 29, 2016 9:41 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
You know, I think you'll be happier if you don't try to search or ask about plot holes in any anime.

You don't gain anything anyway from finding plot holes.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 29, 2016 9:42 PM

Dec 2015
illivinni said:
There're some minor holes but not that immense, huge, and such. It's just Madoka is often targeted by MAL's pseudo-elitist as an object for eluding theirselves from 'casual territory'.

absolutely

I've even been told "oh you have good taste, you might be an elitist. WAIT...false alarm, she gave madoka magica a 9/10. abort mission!"
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 29, 2016 9:43 PM

Jan 2016
RayAdha said:
You know, I think you'll be happier if you don't try to search or ask about plot holes in any anime.

You don't gain anything anyway from finding plot holes.

well when I love something I wanna know everything about it and im still not getting anything solid....it wont affect how I see the series im just weird ig

KonaKoffee4 said:
illivinni said:

absolutely

I've even been told "oh you have good taste, you might be an elitist. WAIT...false alarm, she gave madoka magica a 9/10. abort mission!"

whats an elitist? whats wrong with 9/10 >.< no ones pointed out whats wrong yet I just keep getting told without any specifics.... besides that kinda stuff is personal preference ppl love sao and I think its horrid with bad pacing and horrible dialougue lol

shawnofthedeadzJan 29, 2016 10:30 PM
Jan 29, 2016 9:50 PM

Dec 2015
NekoChamaKawaii said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

absolutely

whats an elitist? whats wrong with 9/10 >.< no ones pointed out whats wrong yet I just keep getting told without any specifics.... besides that kinda stuff is personal preference ppl love sao and I think its horrid with bad pacing and horrible dialougue lol

ohh..ohh...when you go on more of these forums you will see what an elitist is lol.
To be honest, it's just a stupid title people give others and themselves for having "good taste in anime". People who have legit "good taste" in anime don't feel the need to give themselves that title. They just so happen to enjoy certain series that are overall well done and don't try to rub it in everyone else's face.

I didn't like SAO either lol, and the "bad parts" regarding madoka magica aren't really that big of a deal to me at all. I thought the series was well written, I enjoyed the pace of it, I enjoyed all the characters and each of the way they developed.

I won't lie, I ignored watching it for a while because I thought they looked to loli for me, but I became less judgemental and I'm happy about that lol.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 29, 2016 9:55 PM

Jan 2016
I didn't really notice anything noticeable. If I may say so myself, Gen Urobuchi created a masterpiece in Madoka Magica

(but I haven't seen Rebellion, been avoiding it...)

Those who criticize it harshly without backing it up is just pretentious assholes. Don't mind them.
Jan 29, 2016 9:57 PM

Jan 2016
KonaKoffee4 said:
NekoChamaKawaii said:

ohh..ohh...when you go on more of these forums you will see what an elitist is lol.
To be honest, it's just a stupid title people give others and themselves for having "good taste in anime". People who have legit "good taste" in anime don't feel the need to give themselves that title. They just so happen to enjoy certain series that are overall well done and don't try to rub it in everyone else's face.

I didn't like SAO either lol, and the "bad parts" regarding madoka magica aren't really that big of a deal to me at all. I thought the series was well written, I enjoyed the pace of it, I enjoyed all the characters and each of the way they developed.

I won't lie, I ignored watching it for a while because I thought they looked to loli for me, but I became less judgemental and I'm happy about that lol.

my only problem with it is that it felt a little slow sometimes but I just love homura >.< I don't see why someone would do that considering that's what makes anime so great is all the different types and genres everyone has different tastes I mean I don't like sao but I don't go talking crap to people who do :/ that's not what animes about..

CapitalistGod said:
I didn't really notice anything noticeable. If I may say so myself, Gen Urobuchi created a masterpiece in Madoka Magica

Those who criticize it harshly without backing it up is just pretentious assholes. Don't mind them.

well how do you feel about madokas sacrifice at the end of the series that's what determines how youll view the rebellion because I love it it enhanced the series for me but it depends on your overall feelings

shawnofthedeadzJan 29, 2016 10:30 PM
Jan 29, 2016 10:03 PM

Jul 2013
Plot holes? Where? I must have missed it.

All I didn't like was the lack of characterization of Mami and Madoka becoming merely a plot device.

I still hate Rebellion though.
Jan 29, 2016 10:05 PM

Dec 2015
NekoChamaKawaii said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

my only problem with it is that it felt a little slow sometimes but I just love homura >.< I don't see why someone would do that considering that's what makes anime so great is all the different types and genres everyone has different tastes I mean I don't like sao but I don't go talking crap to people who do :/ that's not what animes about..

homura is BY FAR my favorite character in the series. She's definetly in my top 20 fav characters of all time.

And yea I agree with you, I don't go around making fun of people who like one piece and shounen shit. It's embarassing when people feel so high and mighty because "oh look at me, I have this specific anime in my favorites, I must be so smart as I cry in a corner to myself".
People who truly enjoy the anime they watch and have good taste don't feel the need to remind everyone of it.
Although, there are also the latter where people will diss you just because you like certain anime that may be obscure. I have gotten shit before because some of the anime that I really liked have been deemed "too hard to understand" or "trying to appear smart" kind of shit.

It's better just to talk about why you dislike/like a certain anime without trying to make assumptions about the people who watch them.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 29, 2016 10:05 PM

Jan 2016
NekoChamaKawaii said:
CapitalistGod said:

well how do you feel about madokas sacrifice at the end of the series that's what determines how youll view the rebellion because I love it it enhanced the series for me but it depends on your overall feelings

I love the ending. Will I like Rebellion?
Jan 29, 2016 10:07 PM

Jul 2013
CapitalistGod said:
NekoChamaKawaii said:

No you won't because it completely renders Madoka's sacrifice null and void and resets it back because Homura's yuri hormones were too strong to suppress.
Jan 29, 2016 10:08 PM

Jan 2016
Tenshi_Shura said:
CapitalistGod said:

No you won't because it completely renders Madoka's sacrifice null and void and resets it back because Homura's yuri hormones were too strong to suppress.

So... I did a great decision to avoid it..
Jan 29, 2016 10:09 PM

Dec 2012
Starla_Fox said:

Ratohnhaketon said:

I think it was buried deep somewhere in this thread (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=676267), I just remember something along the lines of "Eren screams all of the time and they don't explain why!"
Jan 29, 2016 10:10 PM

Dec 2015
Ratohnhaketon said:
I just remember something along the lines of "Eren screams all of the time and they don't explain why!"

I don't have a problem with him screaming, but it's moreso the way he screams.
He's so fucking loud, like shut the fuck up dude lol
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 29, 2016 10:12 PM

Jul 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
Starla_Fox said:

I think it was buried deep somewhere in this thread (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=676267), I just remember something along the lines of "Eren screams all of the time and they don't explain why!"

That was probably sarcasm though..
Jan 29, 2016 10:14 PM

Jan 2016
CapitalistGod said:
NekoChamaKawaii said:

well if your happy with madoka and homura being separated and you think her sacrifice meant something then no

BUT if your like me and feel like they could've found another way than madoka essentially dying then yes because I wont go into it but there is a scene where madoka gave her honest feelings in the rebellion and in the trailer for the 4th movie the concept movie she says the goddess did not have happiness so to me rebellion was a perfect piece for the series but the ending left you with questions but like I said the 4th movie will finish them they even made It seem as if hitomi will become a magical girl I cant wait!! itll prolly be a year at LEAST The trailer is in jap so If you don't speak it its hard to understand if you see it and want to know what is being said I will translate for you? just pm me well actually you might wanna see rebellion first >.<

CapitalistGod said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

So... I did a great decision to avoid it..

no no no......ugh Idk how to say this without spoiling it >.< but the incubators were gunna use madoka to turn magical girls into witches homura made the only choice to stop QB, he even gets just punishment plz don't listen do biased opinions who don't understand what was going on in the story...

Tenshi_Shura said:
CapitalistGod said:

if she would've went away with her the incubators would've found out madokas secret and use it to control her....did you even pay attention? she made the only choice available to protect her from the incubators...QB even has all the curses of the world pushed on him....there are instances where they flash THEY GLORIFY DEATH, THE SELFISH SACRIFICE OF ONE TO SAVE THEIR OWN LIVES throughout rebellion.....

shawnofthedeadzJan 29, 2016 10:31 PM
Jan 29, 2016 10:22 PM

Dec 2012
Tenshi_Shura said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

That was probably sarcasm though..
Unfortunately part of that "discussion" was burned into my mind and the guy spent pages writing out novels of supposed plot holes within AoT. There's worse out there though, the main point being that I often see it used as a cop-out when someone doesn't get their info-dumping handed on a silver platter with an ivory spoon. Most examples of plot holes I've seen aren't inviolable and almighty, and can often be explained from different perspectives with ease.
Jan 29, 2016 10:24 PM

Jul 2013
NekoChamaKawaii said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

if she would've went away with her the incubators would've found out madokas secret and use it to control her....did you even pay attention? she made the only choice available to protect her from the incubators...QB even has all the curses of the world pushed on him....there are instances where they flash THEY GLORIFY DEATH, THE SELFISH SACRIFICE OF ONE TO SAVE THEIR OWN LIVES throughout rebellion.....

Which part are you referring to? You're not making any sense.
Jan 29, 2016 10:26 PM

Oct 2013

Thread Moved from Anime Discussion to the Madoka Series Board.
Jan 29, 2016 10:31 PM

Jan 2016
Tenshi_Shura said:
NekoChamaKawaii said:

the ending of rebellion QB said call out to her so we can find out how she works. they were gunna control her to make girls into witches. so homura stopped her so they couldn't find out her secret, in homuras world she puts curses on QB instead of madoka harboring them that's why QB looks so muffed up in the end? remember how she said 'however to collect curses you incubators are now necessary for us' you can dislike the rebellion but it didn't render madokas wish meaningless the whole point of the series is loyalty. and the flashing words were in the witch runes throught the movie stating they glorify madoka dying so they alone can be saved
Jan 30, 2016 1:54 AM

Nov 2015
without grief seeds does it mean the girls die faster
Jan 30, 2016 1:58 AM

Apr 2015
Isn't basically almost every 12 episodes have plot holes? But welp it's still can be thinkable in PMMM IMO.
Jan 30, 2016 2:42 AM

Apr 2014
I can't think of any plot holes in the sense of contradictions (off the top of my head) but I do have a few questions that the series doesn't answer, or not convincingly.

For example: in the first timeline of episode 10, how does Mami know that Walpurgishnacht is on her way? This isn't explained, but I've no doubt it could be explained - e.g. Kyubey knows and told her.

Most of the things I've noticed have been at that level. They're holes in the sense of gaps, not contradictions - but every story has those. (A story that explained everything that it was possible to wonder about would be unwatchable.)
steepholmJan 30, 2016 4:27 AM
"Burn this sight into your minds. This is what it means to be a magical girl."
Jan 30, 2016 4:37 AM

Jul 2013
NekoChamaKawaii said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

the ending of rebellion QB said call out to her so we can find out how she works. they were gunna control her to make girls into witches. so homura stopped her so they couldn't find out her secret, in homuras world she puts curses on QB instead of madoka harboring them that's why QB looks so muffed up in the end? remember how she said 'however to collect curses you incubators are now necessary for us' you can dislike the rebellion but it didn't render madokas wish meaningless the whole point of the series is loyalty. and the flashing words were in the witch runes throught the movie stating they glorify madoka dying so they alone can be saved

The real question is how did an omnipresent being who has transcended into a higher plane even got caged by the Incubators' isolation field and forgot that she was literally a god?
Jan 30, 2016 8:31 AM

Dec 2015
naki13 said:
KonaKoffee4 said:
well it can be considered a plot hole, mainly regarding kyubey's explanation, where he's from, the way he explained why he's doing what he's doing (even though he explained some of it, there were certain things that felt a bit off).

my statement about the time travel was moreso me noticing something that can be deemed a right off (meaning it doesn't go against the entire series itself).
This is just you saying you felt it was off, but that doesn't make it a plot hole. There is a hole in your reasoning.

I could be more clear, but I think the show is good so why would I waste my time nitpicking every little detail just to prove a point I don't thoroughly believe.

I just said that kyubey's reasoning wasn't as clear as I felt it could have been, and it could be seen as a plot hole.
Regardless I never said the series has all these plot holes and random moments in it because I don't truly feel that way. It's just something that someone else could see as a plot hole if they wanted to.

Whether people like it or not or say it's filled with plot holes I wouldn't care.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 30, 2016 8:36 AM

Jan 2016
[quote=NekoChamaKawaii message=44493783]
Tenshi_Shura said:
NekoChamaKawaii said:

The real question is how did an omnipresent being who has transcended into a higher plane even got caged by the Incubators' isolation field and forgot that she was literally a god?

again...if you paid attention it was homuras time manipulation powers as a witch that changed the memories....HOMURA was put in the isolation field so she could be separated from madokas powers in that universe, so madoka would have to come get homuras soul gem in the isolation field 'that's what the incubators wanted so they could learn how to control her to make girls turn into witches' then when she entered her memories were manipulated by homura time manipulation powers even as a witch your powers are semi-related to your magical girl powers. also remember homuras wish because the wording was VERY important. ' I want to redo my meeting with madoka, instead of her protecting me I want to become strong enough to protect her' so to be able to protect madoka she would have to be stronger than godokas omnipresent form. when godoka rewrote the world and disappeared she inadvertently created a time paradox because homuras wish regarded madoka, who no longer existed but homuras wish still existed. so in the new universe when homura was placed in the new universe she remembered it all that's how she was able to follow her even to the new one because she was also a sort of pseudo god magical girl, because of her wish was a thing that madokas magic could not touch, she (in a way)became stronger than godoka because of how she worded her wish, which has to become true because that is the terms of the contract, if you notice in the new universe homuras powers are vastly different who knows though....that's just how I interpreted all of the happenings of the series as a whole theres always concept they'll prolly flesh out the ideas more.. has anyone seen the trailer yet?
Jan 30, 2016 8:40 AM

Jan 2016
KonaKoffee4 said:
naki13 said:
This is just you saying you felt it was off, but that doesn't make it a plot hole. There is a hole in your reasoning.

I could be more clear, but I think the show is good so why would I waste my time nitpicking every little detail just to prove a point I don't thoroughly believe.

I just said that kyubey's reasoning wasn't as clear as I felt it could have been, and it could be seen as a plot hole.
Regardless I never said the series has all these plot holes and random moments in it because I don't truly feel that way. It's just something that someone else could see as a plot hole if they wanted to.

Whether people like it or not or say it's filled with plot holes I wouldn't care.

im the same way >.< I mean I loved the series so much the first time I watch it then the QB thing popped up I was like DAFUQ???? hes an alien?? I was leaning towards an evil demon or something but alien whose gathering human energy given off by the transformation from hope to despair.....TO SAVE THE UNIVERSE FROM ENTROPY????? I mean using emotions to fuel the universes energy needs is.....weird.....even for anime standard haha that's why it isn't a 10 for me >.< fucking QB is an alien
Jan 30, 2016 8:41 AM

Sep 2009
It has less plot holes than Steins;Gate, and is also psychological, soo, I think it's all good.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 30, 2016 8:44 AM

Feb 2013
[quote=NekoChamaKawaii message=44493918]
NekoChamaKawaii said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

again...if you paid attention it was homuras time manipulation powers as a witch that changed the memories....HOMURA was put in the isolation field so she could be separated from madokas powers in that universe, so madoka would have to come get homuras soul gem in the isolation field 'that's what the incubators wanted so they could learn how to control her to make girls turn into witches' then when she entered her memories were manipulated by homura time manipulation powers even as a witch your powers are semi-related to your magical girl powers. also remember homuras wish because the wording was VERY important. ' I want to redo my meeting with madoka, instead of her protecting me I want to become strong enough to protect her' so to be able to protect madoka she would have to be stronger than godokas omnipresent form. when godoka rewrote the world and disappeared she inadvertently created a time paradox because homuras wish regarded madoka, who no longer existed but homuras wish still existed. so in the new universe when homura was placed in the new universe she remembered it all that's how she was able to follow her even to the new one because she was also a sort of pseudo god magical girl, because of her wish was a thing that madokas magic could not touch, she (in a way)became stronger than godoka because of how she worded her wish, which has to become true because that is the terms of the contract, if you notice in the new universe homuras powers are vastly different who knows though....that's just how I interpreted all of the happenings of the series as a whole theres always concept they'll prolly flesh out the ideas more.. has anyone seen the trailer yet?

Couldn't have said it better, I know some people didnt like Rebellion, but it makes me mad that half of the people that didn't like it are obvious people who didnt understand the movie and come bitching about how it didnt make sense lol

Jan 30, 2016 8:45 AM

Dec 2015
NekoChamaKawaii said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

im the same way >.< I mean I loved the series so much the first time I watch it then the QB thing popped up I was like DAFUQ???? hes an alien?? I was leaning towards an evil demon or something but alien whose gathering human energy given off by the transformation from hope to despair.....TO SAVE THE UNIVERSE FROM ENTROPY????? I mean using emotions to fuel the universes energy needs is.....weird.....even for anime standard haha that's why it isn't a 10 for me >.< fucking QB is an alien

Lmao yea like...the way they tried to explain entropy and trying to connect the magical girls to it was like "ummm okay", then the whole thing about his species being a certain way and how the witches are going to save the universe and blah blah was like "ummm...and? ".

Everything else was basically well explained in a short period of time. What got me going "yaaasss" was finding out homura's true story and the sacrifice madoka made. And even though mami....yknow...she still had enough screen time to make an impact on viewers.

My only real criticism revolves around kyubey's bull shit.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 30, 2016 9:20 AM

Jan 2016
[quote=badwolf45f message=44494032]
NekoChamaKawaii said:
NekoChamaKawaii said:

Couldn't have said it better, I know some people didnt like Rebellion, but it makes me mad that half of the people that didn't like it are obvious people who didnt understand the movie and come bitching about how it didnt make sense lol

but it made complete sense though >.< all you had to do was WATCH it and the series, I hope they don't ruin homuras wish completely in the concept movie because...ughhhhh ill cry I felt she finally got justice in rebellion I mean look at her witch world she only wanted peace for her, madoka and the others shes selfish yes...but that's ok I hope they make a balance of madokas powers and homuras instead of one winning and the other losing I want them to govern together. I mean even madoka stated she would be miserable if she was alone so she wouldn't make a sacrifice like that without knowing she already did that conversation between madoka and homura in the field of flowers had so much weight and meaning so its hard for me to understand how someone can say I hate the rebellion....did they even watch it tho?? I feel like the majority of ppl heard rumors and just say they hate it or just didn't pay attention.
Jan 30, 2016 9:22 AM

Jan 2016
KonaKoffee4 said:
NekoChamaKawaii said:

Lmao yea like...the way they tried to explain entropy and trying to connect the magical girls to it was like "ummm okay", then the whole thing about his species being a certain way and how the witches are going to save the universe and blah blah was like "ummm...and? ".

Everything else was basically well explained in a short period of time. What got me going "yaaasss" was finding out homura's true story and the sacrifice madoka made. And even though mami....yknow...she still had enough screen time to make an impact on viewers.

My only real criticism revolves around kyubey's bull shit.

honestly I hated mami just cuz of how bitchy she was to homura. lol petty ik ik!! everytime I watch the series im like COOOOME OOON EPISODE 3!!
Jan 30, 2016 9:28 AM

Jul 2011
Some people just want to complain about anything, don't give them attention.
Jan 30, 2016 9:33 AM
Sep 2011
There's not a lot I could say counts as a plot hole, most of it comes from plot convenience and characters behaving a certain way because it's the only way the plot could work.

If there's one thing I could consider a plot hole, it's Walpurgis. Where did it come from? How did Mami in the first time line know exactly when it was going to happen? The anime never explains these things. You have to rely on some obscure supplementary material to tell you some nonsense about the gathering of witches and still not get an explanation as to how they know it's going to appear.

I think a lot of the "plot holes" have to do with how ill-defined the system is, and the fact that Kyubey is the only one who knows anything about it, so we have to take his word as fact. People often ask "Why don't they just wish for more wishes" and while I want to say the system doesn't work that way, the show doesn't really give us any indication that they CAN'T do that.

Then we have Rebellion where Homura is somehow able to manhandle the being that's supposed to not exist, usurp her powers and turn her back into a human despite Madoka erasing herself from existence, all under some BS premise that Soul Gems can be corrupted by love, which we've never heard of.

NekoChamaKawaii said:

honestly I hated mami just cuz of how bitchy she was to homura. lol petty ik ik!! everytime I watch the series im like COOOOME OOON EPISODE 3!!

Same. And the fact that we know as early as the first episode's hallway scene that Homura's intentions aren't malicious makes it all the more infuriating. If these characters could just stop acting like they're better than each other, so much suffering/pun wouldn't have happened.
Jan 30, 2016 9:34 AM

Jan 2016
Madoka and Homura: I wonder what ‘happiness’ is. Madoka: It is the bright sunbeams of May. Homura: It is a warm family. Madoka: It is sunny-side up eggs for breakfast. Madoka and Homura: But Heaven has none of those things. Madoka and Homura: I wonder what ‘happiness’ is. Homura: It is having your name called by someone. Madoka: It is calling someone’s name. Homura: It is someone thinking about you. Madoka and Homura: The Goddess had none of those things. Homura: A lizard-girl could not help but take pity on the Goddess. Madoka: And still thinking that, the lizard-girl split the Goddess into two equal halves, and kidnapped one of those halves, taking her from Heaven to the surface of the earth. Homura: And until that cruelty, that gentle radiance, when it was met in the darkness…was too dazzling.A: Lately there’s been a lot of cats around, huh?B: They’re mixed in with dead cats. A: How can you tell they’re dead?Kyoko: I can’t allow this. That person would definitely would turn to someone else in situations like this with unexplained causes. [not sure on this]Sayaka: That’s impossible, isn’t it? How can this be? Why can I read these characters? Hitomi: I’m sure they’ve been forbidden to talk about it. If the benefits of magic aren’t kept a secret, perhaps its effects will disappear. Nagisa: For some reason this smells [suspiciously] like a conspiracy.Kyubey: Why am I [here?]?…isn’t there no benefit to this whatsoever Mami: You too keep secrets from yourself and from whoever you’re with, don’t you? [unsure on this one too] Homura: Are you saying you intend to get in my way? Madoka: You don’t have to resent anyone anymore. You…[have]…me… Madoka: You’re going to help me? Are you all fairies too?

https://youtu.be/chC7EkI_tzg

I mean just look at the dialogue for movie 4 trailer it really speaks the truth btw what do you guys think of hitomi becoming a MG and mami becoming a battle god?
Jan 30, 2016 9:46 AM

Jan 2016
RLinksoul said:
There's not a lot I could say counts as a plot hole, most of it comes from plot convenience and characters behaving a certain way because it's the only way the plot could work.

If there's one thing I could consider a plot hole, it's Walpurgis. Where did it come from? How did Mami in the first time line know exactly when it was going to happen? The anime never explains these things. You have to rely on some obscure supplementary material to tell you some nonsense about the gathering of witches and still not get an explanation as to how they know it's going to appear.

I think a lot of the "plot holes" have to do with how ill-defined the system is, and the fact that Kyubey is the only one who knows anything about it, so we have to take his word as fact. People often ask "Why don't they just wish for more wishes" and while I want to say the system doesn't work that way, the show doesn't really give us any indication that they CAN'T do that.

Then we have Rebellion where Homura is somehow able to manhandle the being that's supposed to not exist, usurp her powers and turn her back into a human despite Madoka erasing herself from existence, all under some BS premise that Soul Gems can be corrupted by love, which we've never heard of.

NekoChamaKawaii said:

Same. And the fact that we know as early as the first episode's hallway scene that Homura's intentions aren't malicious makes it all the more infuriating. If these characters could just stop acting like they're better than each other, so much suffering/pun wouldn't have happened.

its homuras wish that allows her to have power over godoka " I want to become strong enough to protect her' and idk about how mami found out but I still think Walpurgis is connected to homura you could even say it has something to do with homuras current form in theory, witches mourn their mistakes and sorrows and homuras started on the day madoka died and homura sold her soul to begin a 8 year loop. so out of sorrow her witch went back to the point of where her sorrows and misfortune began? I mean what if what they originally fought wasn't Walpurgis and something else and homuras wish spawned something even bigger I mean in each timeline it gets stronger and stronger...why? because madoka gets stronger because of the karmic destiny, in turn homura gets strong due to her wish thus Walpurgis gets stronger ( I would also like to point out that Walpurgis isn't even that witches name it was a nickname bestowed on it by mami because the nature of Walpurgis having a core wish and absorbing near by witches to become stronger Walpurgis night is the gathering party of witches so we still don't know the real name if a witch can have 2 forms why not 3? I mean homura even tries to gather magical girls to become stronger so it matches the witch gathering witches for power who knows tho we shall see in movie 4. this is just a theory tho its just something I thought of after seeing rebellion
Jan 30, 2016 10:02 AM
Sep 2011
You might want to space your posts out a little more, NekoChamaKawaii. That would make it much easier to read through such a huge paragraph.

NekoChamaKawaii said:
its homuras wish that allows her to have power over godoka

The problem I have with that is that the movie makes no indication of such a thing. As far as the ending to the TV show made it seem, Homura's wish was voided, hence her no longer having the time manipulation powers relevant to her wish. She just has that weird purple bow now.

What most people believe is that Kyubey's isolation field forced Madoka to manifest in a physical form, which is why Mami and Kyouko could see her...... AFTER the isolation field was destroyed.

But again, the movie doesn't make anything about this clear. It just expects the viewer to either know these things, or theorize themselves. This of course leads to fans arguing over whose interpretation is correct, and the label 2deep4u getting thrown around.

A sequel should not require an advanced knowledge of its predecessor, or rely on information that comes solely from the predecessor. It should be a self-contained story, or if it requires information from the previous work, should at least try to explain it.
Jan 30, 2016 10:35 AM

Jul 2013
[quote=badwolf45f message=44494032]
NekoChamaKawaii said:
NekoChamaKawaii said:

Lol it does make sense as a whole but some details aren't.

[quote=NekoChamaKawaii message=44493918]
NekoChamaKawaii said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

How does the isolation field even work? Madoka is an omnipresent being. She's everywhere at all times. It's been a while since I've watched Rebellion but I don't remember anything about the isolation field having special properties that could even defy Madoka's law.

Homura became a witch and when the isolation field broke, Madoka's law of cycle should've instantly vanquished the Witch in Homura but how did a mere witch even absorb Madoka's powers who has the ability to erase them before they could even touch her.

And there's also that part of Sayaka not affected by the memory altering in the field.

Also, I forgot the reason why Sayaka remained dead in the new timeline in the TV series. Mind refreshing it?
Dull_LullJan 30, 2016 11:14 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1541 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.