Forum Settings
Forums

NY Times Manga Best Seller List for Jan 17 - 23

New
Jan 29, 2016 9:10 PM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
Graphic books best seller list (manga, light novel, and OEL) for January 17 - 23

*1. One-Punch Man Vol.4
*2. Naruto: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring Vol.1
*3. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*4. One-Punch Man Vol.3
*5. One-Punch Man Vol.2
*6. Twin Star Exorcists Vol.3
*7. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.4
*8. My Monster Secret: "Actually, I am..." Vol.1
*9. Blue Exorcist Vol.14
10. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1

Source: NY Times Manga Best Seller List

Previous related news: North American Anime & Manga Releases for January

← Previous Week

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Jan 29, 2016 9:18 PM

May 2015
seeing this list makes my eye hurt everytime
as there is NO CHANGE AT ALL.
Do Americans know only 2 manga?

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Jan 29, 2016 9:25 PM
Jan 2013
hueheuheuheuheu, yaps, for a second there I thought it was exact the same thing as last week, but it's not exactly the same thing, just the same thing

And that makes what? 6... 7 weeks with me making snarky comments about NY times manga list?

Boy do I feel fulfilled
gone bai bai
Jan 29, 2016 9:26 PM

Sep 2013
That OPM HYPE! XD

The sales won't be stopping ever, the dub should be around the corner so even more exposure for it :)
Jan 29, 2016 9:29 PM

Nov 2011
At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if OPM airs on Toonami soon.

I miss Mahoutsukai no Yome. Hope to see it again soon on the list.
Jan 29, 2016 9:40 PM

May 2014
It kind of annoys me when people say there is no change. Like, manga releases already occur very infrequently in the US. The reason the list doesn't change is because manga is already an unpopular form of media in addition to the fact that no new manga are really being released. If manga releases were as frequent and abundant as they are in Japan this list would be very different I think.
Jan 29, 2016 9:55 PM

Jun 2014
The Top 2 hasn't changed for a while now.
Jan 29, 2016 10:12 PM

Sep 2013
damn son..all OPM volumes are in the top 5..XD
Jan 29, 2016 10:16 PM
Jul 2018
Hooray for My Monster's Secret's debut on NY Times!
Jan 29, 2016 10:47 PM

Dec 2013
sevenPocky said:

It was there last week but this week it has gone up by 1.
Jan 29, 2016 10:50 PM
Jul 2018
G_Spark233 said:
sevenPocky said:

It was there last week but this week it has gone up by 1.

My! That's better! (thanks for correcting me, btw)
Jan 29, 2016 10:59 PM

Jun 2013
TheGeniusBaka said:
seeing this list makes my eye hurt everytime
as there is NO CHANGE AT ALL.
Do Americans know only 2 manga?

Actually it's only one manga now, OPM, that sells the most. Tokyo Ghoul kinda stopped the hype train.
Jan 29, 2016 11:34 PM

Aug 2015
Twin Star Exorcists

hell yeah high five and lol naruto is a monster...
Jan 29, 2016 11:59 PM
Sep 2015
It's fair, casual anime watchers only get expose to the mainstream stuff, and publishers take advantage of that

Monster Secret got on the list because of the monster girl train hype last year ( monster musume) . The anime is mediocre so i'm surprised it got on the list, the manga executes the face expressions better .

Two weeks from now Food War Volume 10 should be up there .
Jan 30, 2016 12:29 AM

Jan 2015
AoT is not on the list...surprised.
Jan 30, 2016 1:06 AM

Aug 2013
Xenocrisi said:

For now... but its been on this list since 2013 there are like 1 up to 8 volumes in top 10 back in 2013-2015, its going to take a rest for a while and also 2nd season is coming so expect it to come back again every week for years...
Jan 30, 2016 2:33 AM

Aug 2012
Xenocrisi said:
It has been on this list for 2-3 years now. Especially vol 1 for 120 weeks. Do you really expect it to be here every week after 3 years the anime has ended and most fans have brought all the vols already.
Jan 30, 2016 2:58 AM

Mar 2014
>Only two TG volumes
>No SnK

HUEHUEHUE
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 30, 2016 3:40 AM

Jan 2015
sim0n2170 said:
Xenocrisi said:
It has been on this list for 2-3 years now. Especially vol 1 for 120 weeks. Do you really expect it to be here every week after 3 years the anime has ended and most fans have brought all the vols already.

Yes tbh.

Jan 30, 2016 5:48 AM

Feb 2012
Naruto a savage for holding on against those youngins.
Jan 30, 2016 8:39 AM

Jun 2013
Come to think of it, I don't think I saw One Piece once on the NY list... weird.
Jan 30, 2016 8:47 AM

Dec 2012
metsujin said:
Come to think of it, I don't think I saw One Piece once on the NY list... weird.

It used to barely get in. Now with TG and OPM, it's unlikely that it will even appear during it's first week of release.
Jan 30, 2016 8:56 AM

Jun 2013
tsudecimo said:
metsujin said:

It used to barely get in. Now with TG and OPM, it's unlikely that it will even appear during it's first week of release.

Naruto being here doesn't surprise me, since I know how big it is in the US, I've seen more Bleach than One Piece (and Bleach's popularity declined these past years).
Jan 30, 2016 9:18 AM

Feb 2013
metsujin said:

The last OP volume released in English was on 3 November and it got on the list for like 2 weeks
the new volume will be released in February, you'll see it on the list then
Jan 30, 2016 9:24 AM

Aug 2010
OPM hype. Need to read it. Naruto makes it too.

I've never even heard of My Monster Secret.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jan 30, 2016 11:26 AM

Jan 2014
Oh yes!

So TG vol 1 is still on the list though it is starting to fall.
*7. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.4
10. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1

malvarez1 said:

My monster Secret had an anime in summer 2015 so I'm surprised people are saying it's on the list because of MonMusu.
Jan 30, 2016 1:13 PM

Dec 2015
MrEpicMichael said:
Oh yes!

*7. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.4
10. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1

malvarez1 said:

My monster Secret had an anime in summer 2015 so I'm surprised people are saying it's on the list because of MonMusu.

The anime of My Monster Secret: Actually, I am... was pretty average at best and wasn't commercially successful. Monster Musume was pretty much successful and the manga volumes in the US have all entered into the top 10 chart at least once. In a way Monster Musume could be referenced as indirectly helping sales as both series are somewhat similar, minus the ecchi and harem aspects.
Jan 30, 2016 1:23 PM

Mar 2015
Wolf_Of_Reason said:
MrEpicMichael said:
Oh yes!

*7. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.4
10. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1

The anime of My Monster Secret: Actually, I am... was pretty average at best and wasn't commercially successful. Monster Musume was pretty much successful and the manga volumes in the US have all entered into the top 10 chart at least once. In a way Monster Musume could be referenced as indirectly helping sales as both series are somewhat similar, minus the ecchi and harem aspects.
excepy monmusu and my monster secret is totaly different series. rather than monmusu relation, tv series (which is complitely abomination), or other reason, it's because the booming of online manga reader with lot of meme from it.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 30, 2016 2:06 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Like a lot of people said in other threads, we should have Top 10 best seller in a country that actually give a shit a little bit more about Manga.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 30, 2016 2:12 PM

Dec 2013
One punch man slaying!
Jan 30, 2016 2:59 PM

Jun 2014
DatRandomDude said:
Like a lot of people said in other threads, we should have Top 10 best seller in a country that actually give a shit a little bit more about Manga.

It's probably the same honestly, just because they buy it in higher quality than us doesn't mean it's different.

Not to mention you can't just change how other countries measure individual publications, the only reason why this one goes up every week is because NY Times posts this list every week with solely manga, in the majority of countries they're grouped in with graphic novels so it's not as easy to find an isolated list of just manga.
Jan 31, 2016 3:43 AM

Oct 2013
Jerkhov said:
DatRandomDude said:

It's probably the same honestly, just because they buy it in higher quality than us doesn't mean it's different.

Not to mention you can't just change how other countries measure individual publications, the only reason why this one goes up every week is because NY Times posts this list every week with solely manga, in the majority of countries they're grouped in with graphic novels so it's not as easy to find an isolated list of just manga.

We have every monthly French list in this site! It is quite different than this one.
Jan 31, 2016 3:56 AM

Dec 2012
Jerkhov said:
DatRandomDude said:

They are different. There is more varied taste in France and Europe. Of course the top 3 or so manga are shounen but the rest of the list isn't just shounen and harem.

There are monthly list for France and a yearly one, I dunno why the news team doesn't bother posting them considering they are more important quantity wise but you can find them in this thread:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1389877

There is also some lists for Germany.
Feb 2, 2016 5:42 AM
Mar 2014
OPM, Naruto and TG what a surprise.

All 4 Volumes of OPM are in the Top 5 the hype is still going strong. TG slowly losing ranks.
Feb 2, 2016 5:51 AM

Jun 2014
DatRandomDude said:

You mean Japan? We already have one.
Feb 5, 2016 9:51 AM
Feb 2016
DatRandomDude said:

Apart from Japan and the States what other country is there?
Feb 5, 2016 9:55 AM

Jul 2012
Tezil said:
DatRandomDude said:

France. Plus, they publish more stuff than North America lol.
Feb 5, 2016 10:13 AM
Feb 2016
Mayuka said:
Tezil said:

To be fair, most people on myanime list arent from France, and while japanese comics may thrive more, it doesn't represent the level of acceptance or validity a best seller list from the New York times does.

Basically what im saying is, U S A, U S A, U S A
Feb 5, 2016 10:23 AM

Jul 2012
Tezil said:
Mayuka said:

To be fair, most people on myanime list arent from France, and while japanese comics may thrive more, it doesn't represent the level of acceptance or validity a best seller list from the New York times does.

Basically what im saying is, U S A, U S A, U S A
Yet we have lists for Japanese DVD/BD sales. lol

Most people on MAL aren't from USA either. I've probably seen more Canadians...

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

69 by Jin_uzuki »»
56 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 9 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.