Forum Settings
Forums

Are you scared to re-watch your "favorite anime" (if it's from a while ago)

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 6, 2016 2:22 AM
May 2012
Bosskardo said:
Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Wow. I can't believe that my first gundam show will turn 10 next year,

(it was aired in 2007)
Feb 6, 2016 2:23 AM

Jan 2016
Well I don't really have a standout favourite, just a lot of anime that I like and will watch time and time again.

With that said, there's a couple favorites that I am hesitant of watching again. Mainly because I become a crying mess after watching it. For someone who doesn't really show much emotion in the real world, I tend to fall apart quickly with emotional scenes in anime.
Feb 6, 2016 2:25 AM
Mar 2015
No, why would I be scared to rewatch a show that I like? Though I understand your point about how different the experience will be.

Also
vikki7783 said:
I actually want to rewatch most of my favorites but I can't find the time or motivation to do so
Feb 6, 2016 4:58 AM

Aug 2015
Non, I rewatch fave shows pretty often.
Feb 6, 2016 5:04 AM

Oct 2012
i find it a waste of time rewatching anime. even for my favorites. because if its my favorite anime then its forever stuck in my head. and the not knowing whats next is gone so theres less value of entertainment since you know what's gonna happen so. not my thing
My biggest regret is using my real name as my user name.

The continuous pursuit of finding that genuine thing.
Feb 6, 2016 8:22 AM

Jan 2016
Huihuihui.. I'm Not Scared At All I have seen sakurasou Na pet no kanojo.. Almost 5 times xD
Apr 9, 2016 11:24 PM
May 2012
OH HELL YES.

Am I the only one who've actually cared about these series?

Guilty Crown
Valvrave the liberator,
Cross Ange
Suisei no gargantia, how I could possibly go over-emotional berserk on this one not only Aldnoah.zero.

Yes, I can take it very seriously, guys. Because my anxiety & depression are pretty strong. with 'ambigious endings, cop out endings, what happened to the mouse? & etc really bothers me. A lot.

Unless I watch something comedy like

D-Frag!
Inari konkon koi Iroha

And also, TIGER & BUNNY. Man, it's been 5 years, isn't it.
Apr 10, 2016 12:35 AM

Apr 2015
I have no doubt in my mind all my favs I would absolutely love to rewatch. It's more around the solid shows that are more in the air. Like if I had to rewatch code geass, or idk steins gate, or something like that. I wonder what I would feel about them. However sometimes a rewatch makes a show better somehow? I somehow am loving kill la kill on rewatch a lot more than I did watching it my first time.
Brace yourself.

Soon as LotGH 2017 comes out. The anime community is going to become so cancerous you will need to take cover and hide.
Apr 10, 2016 12:38 AM

Nov 2014
No, because I don't give high scores just cas I felt like it that day.

Apr 10, 2016 12:38 AM

May 2013
Why do people use the word scared so loosely? No I'm not scared/worried or whatever to re-watch.. I just don't like re watching anything well because... I already know everything that happens.. just boring tbh.
Apr 10, 2016 1:03 AM

Feb 2016
I'm not necessarily sure what you mean by the term scared however, the only anime that I probably will never re-watch is Hotaru no Haka. I just can't bring myself to go through that again, damn.

I don't really see many pros in re-watching a series all over again and I guess I'm just not motivated to do so.
ExhalantApr 10, 2016 1:11 AM
Apr 10, 2016 3:19 AM

Nov 2009
JeffreyZin said:
Am I the only one who've actually cared about these series?
Suisei no gargantia,

Yeah, Gargantia was a good one. Gotta love how they handled transhumanism.
Apr 10, 2016 3:24 AM

Sep 2015
Scared, for what?...
I will rewatch my fav animes....whenever i get bored of waching anime

They make me watch more and more anime..
Apr 10, 2016 3:29 AM

Jun 2015
Death Parade isn't that old (2015), but regardless i will rewatch at the beggining of every year and I have already watched it at the beggining of this and it still gives 'feels' not 'the feels' just its 'feels'. Madhouse did a good job and I love it.
"I have respect for those who have lived a full life."
- Decim (Death Parade)
"I want to deliver your eulogy."

- Otshepagetse

Apr 10, 2016 3:35 AM

Jul 2007
I wasn't afraid of it...then i bought Pumpkin Scissors and started rewatching it.

It wasn't my favorite anime, but i did really enjoy it.
The story isn't horrible, but god the quality of the animation is so damn bad.
Apr 10, 2016 11:18 AM
Jul 2015
Considering I have already watched it 7 times, no.

Other anime that were in my favorites got kicked out after re-watching them though (Texhnolyze, Milennium Actress).
hi
Apr 11, 2016 12:30 AM

Dec 2012
Nope. I've rewatched my favorites atleast one time(except Major I've only rewatched S1)

I watch Clannad every year on My b-day.
Apr 11, 2016 12:35 AM

Feb 2013
No, I already rewatched them. One multiple times.
Apr 11, 2016 2:04 AM

Mar 2016
Yes, I'm scared. When I was a kid I watched shows like Grendizer, Gaiking and Starzinger and I loved them. But those shows are from the late 70's/early 80's and I'm really scared that if I watch them again now it will ruin my memories of them.
Apr 11, 2016 3:27 AM
Dec 2014
Nope, actually rewatched my top 5 anime 3-5 times already.
My Top 5 Anime: (As of March 2020)
1. Fate/Zero
2. Gintama
3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4. Shinsekai Yori
5. Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Apr 13, 2016 5:25 PM
May 2012
flannan said:
Yeah, Gargantia was a good one. Gotta love how they handled transhumanism.

So you just ignored the 'unresolved questions' that happened in the show & said the show is good? Alright then.

I can't believe that show never really ended (I mean it didn't have a 'proper ending') until today. That also counted 2 ovas.

How gargantia should've ended:-

God, I really missed that show. I'm dying for a sequel right now.
JafriZinApr 13, 2016 5:33 PM
Apr 13, 2016 5:54 PM

Oct 2015
Not really, I watched the GitS movie again a couple of weeks ago and it's still my favourite movie, animated or otherwise.

I should rewatch Jin Rou and GitS: SAC again though, because I had only about 20 series watched when I watched those.
Apr 13, 2016 6:00 PM

Feb 2016
No, but I'm not much of a rewatcher. It has to be like years later so that I don't remember the story well. I recently rewatched one of my favs, maybe, 2? months ago. Originally watched subbed like 4yrs ago, this time I saw Dubbed. Nice experience.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Apr 13, 2016 7:17 PM

Nov 2014
No, i have rewatched a few of mine over the years and still fully enjoyed them

rewatched all of dragonball+Z+etc all the way through a few times
rewatched pokemon
rewatched berserk 7 times(show+movies+redux)
rewatching fullmetal alchemist brotherhood currently although only on ep12 still enjoying it.

i have rewatched others as well but you get the idea.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Apr 13, 2016 7:38 PM
Feb 2016
rewatched Bleach 3 times
rewatched Psycho pass 3 times
rewatched guuren lagann once
rewatched terra formars 3 times
rewatched nanatsu no taizai once
rewatched aoi bungaku once
rewatched jojo bizarre adventure :
countless times, alone nd with friends that i make watch..
so no..
its quite nostalgic~♡
Apr 13, 2016 9:19 PM

Feb 2016
I'm afraid to re-watch Sailor Moon as well as watch Sailor Moon Crystal for the fist time just because I was so young when I first saw Sailor Moon. I've found when I've re-watched things from my childhood they're not as impressive as I remembered them.
Apr 13, 2016 9:23 PM

Sep 2015
No, I used to rewatch everything when I was a kid. The experience is still the same.
Apr 13, 2016 9:48 PM

Jan 2015
Hell no, I'm re-watching Fullmetal Alchemist as we speak. I constantly re-watch old shows I used to like, I find it keeps my opinion on them fresh. Of course for myself anime holds a great nostalgic value too so there's that :)
Apr 13, 2016 9:53 PM
Jun 2015
I re watch shit all the time, i can't even count how many times i've re watched Cowboy Bebop
Apr 13, 2016 10:06 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
I've re-watched Utena several times and I only gain more incite into it every time. Still, one of my all time favorites.
Apr 13, 2016 10:12 PM

Jan 2016
I rewatch anime all the time.
No reason to be scared, it's not like I'll suddenly stop liking anime that I love.
Apr 13, 2016 11:42 PM

Jan 2011
I have definitely put Full Metal Panic on a pedestal because it was the first anime I watched and basically introduced me to the anime world. I rewatched it several times my first year of watching anime. But I haven't seen it in a long time.
I'm afraid if I watch it again it will not be as good as I remember.
Apr 14, 2016 7:28 AM

Oct 2013
I was a little worried about rewatching Gankutsuou (which I currently consider my top favorite anime), but now that I've started on it, it hasn't been disappointing me at all. I was worried that me knowing the mystery would make it less enjoyable, but it's not the case! I'm very happy that it will probably still remain my favorite anime.
Apr 14, 2016 2:43 PM
Sep 2015
I've rewatched up to episode 16 of Clannad AS. I don't know if I can go any further though...
Apr 15, 2016 12:09 AM

Aug 2015
Not really, it is what it is and it portrays a change in your perception over time. When my anime count was not even at 20 I watched SAO and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Now that I've gone back and really watched it, I noticed there was a lot that I didn't like and thus my opinion of it dropped.
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Nov 22, 2016 7:39 AM
Apr 2012
Me scared? Never because like i said before whenever I'm in the mood & if i want to sometimes i re-watch some or any of my favorite anime like i said only sometimes i do re-watch any of my favorite anime whenever I'm in the mood & if i want to & sometimes i don't it depends.

& if you don't mind me saying this & add this side note too as well whenever I'm in the mood & if i want to sometimes i re-read some or any of my favorite manga like i said only sometimes i do re-read any of my favorite manga whenever I'm in the mood & if i want to & sometimes i don't it depends if my answers makes sense :).
Nov 22, 2016 7:56 AM
Oct 2016
It's all dependent on if there's others watching too.
When You go Vault You never go back.
Nov 22, 2016 8:34 AM

Sep 2009
I mean if you are that probably means it is not your favourite anymore lol.
What kind of question is that.
Nov 22, 2016 8:55 AM

Feb 2013
Hisio said:

Meaning if you call it your "favourite", and you haven't see it in a while, and have watched many more shows, would it still be your top? Or you are ignoring watching it again to find its flaws or compare it to new shows?
Nov 22, 2016 1:33 PM

Sep 2009
Dasface said:
Hisio said:

Meaning if you call it your "favourite", and you haven't see it in a while, and have watched many more shows, would it still be your top? Or you are ignoring watching it again to find its flaws or compare it to new shows?

I know what you mean, well I can give you my personal experience on this; my favourites are all recent stuff because I personally enjoy more recent art better but the reason they stay my favourites is that they grabbed my emotions so firmly the first time I saw them that I will feel these emotions (with less intensity) when I watch/think about them. The fact that new shows that I watch do not produce this particular effect (or intensity) on me is what makes my favourites, my favourites.
Hope this can answer your question :/
Nov 22, 2016 1:37 PM
Sep 2016
I really want to rewatch Love Live School Idol Project, but a part of me is going "What if it's terrible?!"
Nov 22, 2016 1:53 PM

Jul 2015
Depends, if its from your childhood or your I say 17+ time. E.g. I rewatched Monster some time ago and was actually surprised how simple the mainstory was and how little actually happened in Johan's and Anna's past - or at least what was shown. The reactions when Anna had her backflashes were so annoying, repetitive and unoriginal, that I wondered why I gave it a 10/10 when I watched it the first time. But it reminded me how awesome some of the side chars and their stories were, even they didnt have necessarily something to do with the main plot, which actually was forseeable after a third of the anime.

On the other side you know, that you experience a series totally different when you watch it during your childhood. So its either, that you realize how bad it actually was, or how ignorant you were as a child and how much you missed out, so your "rating" from your past didnt have value anyways.
Nov 22, 2016 1:59 PM

Sep 2016
I don't know if I could ever get tired of Azumanga Daioh LOL

What anime is your avatar from OP?
Nov 22, 2016 2:34 PM

Feb 2016
Holy, you guys have really strong minds, being able to rewatch some of these shitty shows :O
Ive only rewatched some best standalone eps from Gintama and Redline also the good shorts by Yutaro Kubo. So I guess im not scared, my taste hasnt changed much.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Nov 22, 2016 3:30 PM

Dec 2015
Not really. I could watch my favorite anime over and over again and still feel the same after, but there were anime that I used to think as really good but after re-watching years later...my opinion changed from it being really good to just good lol. - not that I am sad by that anyways.
Nov 22, 2016 3:40 PM

Jun 2015
No, for me my favorite show are anime which i can rewatch it more than than the rest anime that i watch. And i still enjoy it.
Nov 22, 2016 4:02 PM

Aug 2011
I constantly go back and watch shows that I enjoyed a lot, doesn't even need to be the ones I rated the highest, it all depends on what kinda mood I am in. Also some of the shows I rate the highest aren't the best for re-watching after a short period of time, like someone said, people change and these shows are best to watch again after you have changed :D

Recently re-watched https://myanimelist.net/anime/390/Suzuka and loved it again, also just found out that https://myanimelist.net/anime/33743/Fuuka was made into an anime so I need to watch that :D

Also re-watched https://myanimelist.net/anime/202/Wolfs_Rain mostly been doing this as this season is so bad :P
^_^
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 9 hours ago

22 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 22 minutes ago

7 by Theo1899 »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

71 by Kundi-Man »»
7 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

94 by traed »»
9 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

210 by perseii »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.