Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 28, 2016 6:30 PM

Nov 2011
I might like these games even more than my favorite DQ games tbh. Anyway I think both games have their merits.

With Earthbound the thing I liked was how the towns and places you visited had this really distinct look with personality to them. In FF 6 all the towns mostly looked similar and bland like they could be from any generic 16 bit RPG but the towns in Earthbound were really fun to explore and just felt more interesting than most RPG places.

Mother 3 had less places to explore but instead created what was possibly the strongest story in any RPG. It's just so exciting and unique and constantly keeps you entertained and has some really gripping moments.

Both games have great music that explored a variety of styles which is unusual for RPGs. I think Mother 3 improved on combat.
Jan 28, 2016 6:33 PM

Jun 2011
They are both shit.
Jan 28, 2016 6:36 PM

Nov 2011
Narmy said:
They are both shit.

You like Final Fantasy 8 and its shit.
Jan 28, 2016 6:41 PM

Nov 2011
Undertale.

Nothing to see here.

Jan 28, 2016 6:44 PM

Jun 2011
Waifu_Strangler said:
Narmy said:
They are both shit.

That may be the quickest I have ever seen someone derail their own topic. Congrats.
Jan 28, 2016 6:56 PM

Feb 2010
Only played earthbound so... I dunno.

Not really a fan of it, I can see why people love it but I don't enjoy bizarre stuff so much.
Jan 28, 2016 7:04 PM

Nov 2011
Narmy said:
Waifu_Strangler said:

That may be the quickest I have ever seen someone derail their own topic. Congrats.

"Rolls eyes" go be trash somewhere else.
Jan 28, 2016 8:01 PM

Aug 2014
Man while I love the heck out of Earthbound, Mother 3 just gripped me a tad bit more. I loved the music (Mind of a Thief was my absolute favorite), the story hit me hard, and I really liked the fact you could work in more hits on the opponent if you just got rhythmic.

Earthbound had the more realistic setting, which I could appreciate, but maybe it was a tad more off the wall? For lack of better term. One thing that kinda irked me was that,
Jan 28, 2016 8:58 PM

Nov 2011
RiggeeRascal said:
Man while I love the heck out of Earthbound, Mother 3 just gripped me a tad bit more. I loved the music (Mind of a Thief was my absolute favorite), the story hit me hard, and I really liked the fact you could work in more hits on the opponent if you just got rhythmic.

Earthbound had the more realistic setting, which I could appreciate, but maybe it was a tad more off the wall? For lack of better term. One thing that kinda irked me was that,

I actually always thought that was really cool how you had to do that ^^
Jan 28, 2016 9:22 PM

Jan 2012
Narmy said:
They are both shit.

Why are they shit? I've never played the games but I also never seen a dissenting opinion on the games either. Always see praise.
you sound poor
Jan 29, 2016 1:35 AM

Mar 2012
MetalxSoldier said:
Narmy said:
They are both shit.

Why are they shit? I've never played the games but I also never seen a dissenting opinion on the games either. Always see praise.

Narmy sounds like the sort of person that pisses in an innocent bystander's Cheerios in the morning just because deep inside, they are a crotchety, old man that can't derive pleasure out of anything.

I haven't played the games either, but I would sure love to someday. I just don't have a system (or an emulator) that can play them.
Jan 29, 2016 10:15 AM

Nov 2011
Toucanbird said:
MetalxSoldier said:

Narmy sounds like the sort of person that pisses in an innocent bystander's Cheerios in the morning just because deep inside, they are a crotchety, old man that can't derive pleasure out of anything.

I haven't played the games either, but I would sure love to someday. I just don't have a system (or an emulator) that can play them.

Why can't you get an emulator?
Jan 29, 2016 9:19 PM

Mar 2012
Waifu_Strangler said:
Toucanbird said:

I have no idea how they work nor do I really have the energy to figure it out.

Aka. I'm a lazy ass factor.
Jan 30, 2016 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
Toucanbird said:
Waifu_Strangler said:

I have no idea how they work nor do I really have the energy to figure it out.

Aka. I'm a lazy ass factor.

Ok but if you ever want to its very simple to do.
Jan 30, 2016 10:39 PM

Jan 2016
What's so special about Earthbound and Mother?
Feb 2, 2016 8:31 PM

Nov 2011
NightKraver said:
What's so special about Earthbound and Mother?

Lots of things. What kinda question is that?
Feb 3, 2016 11:41 PM

Feb 2016
Mother... Is that an RPG about incest?
Or do you play as a mommy? Like raise children and stuff.. kinda like harvest moon but instead of crops you make babies.

I could google it, but thats no fun.
Feb 6, 2016 3:18 AM

Mar 2014
KaiserNazrin said:
Undertale.

Nothing to see here.
This triggers me. x_x

Mother 3's story was crazy strong, Earthbound was wackier.
I prefer Mother 3 but Earthbound is right next to it as one of the best JRPGs out there.

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3505 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3717 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

48 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» How to play Sports Video Games?

TheSunLife - Apr 3

15 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

7 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.