Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2016 11:06 AM

Jul 2014
A beautiful episode. I like how they build MC and Kayo's relationship -- it helps you grow connected to these two. While the pace was slow, it certainly did not lack suspense. The anime expertly gives all the potential culprits screen time without a real motivation why Kayo was targeted, allowing us to guess but never come to a solid surefire conclusion this early in. Even so, I feel as if the viewers are now a bit relieved that Kayo will not be accepting death with open arms, with the MC in the picture. I hope the mystery grows deeper and the high school girl from the beginning has some role.
Jan 28, 2016 11:09 AM

Jun 2010
They're doing it. They're making a faithful adaptation of a somewhat slow but atmospheric and mysterious story without rushing it to make a 12-ep clusterf*ck. This is not gonna end this season and I love that it isn't.

One thing I haven't mentioned yet is the OP and ED. Man, I love both of them! There really is nothing bad about this series. Nothing mediocre even. #15 on MAL and it definitely should climb even higher.
Jan 28, 2016 11:10 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I wanted to stop watching at around minute 19 when they party is going on because I just could feel how they were going to end it. This is a darn good show. You really care about these characters.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 28, 2016 11:11 AM

Aug 2012
Nothing short of a perfect episode! can't wait for the next

Dec 2015
eworm said:
They're doing it. They're making a faithful adaptation of a somewhat slow but atmospheric and mysterious story without rushing it to make a 12-ep clusterf*ck. This is not gonna end this season and I love that it isn't.

One thing I haven't mentioned yet is the OP and ED. Man, I love both of them! There really is nothing bad about this series. Nothing mediocre even. #15 on MAL and it definitely should climb even higher.

But they have to though. It has to skip some scenes in order for the story to progress. Only 2 volumes were adapted so far. And there are 7 in total. Make the count.

Jan 2015
Agggh that fucking ending-so worrisome yet so good. The chemistry between Kayo and Satoru is still great and it's keeping the audience really invested.

One of the things I really liked was how Satoru has more fun and rely's on his mother compared to how we first saw him in episode 1.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 28, 2016 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
OMFG, really! That cliffhanger this week, that's what I call massive buildup o___________oU

God damn it, I like the show a lot more than what I should be liking on, damn it.
Jan 28, 2016 11:17 AM

Oct 2007
eworm said:

Sadly what this show has become about. Again this show is solid but slowly becoming a little too typically J-Drama for my tastes. At this rate it's melodrama aspects are starting to outpace it's more grounded character drama and mystery aspects, though I can't say I'm terribly surprised at that.

Oct 2014
now im curious for all people praise this show..

i can imagine same happen to adn*ah zero s2 ..!!

the other problem is why 29 years old dude act and thinking like a kid ten years old..??

because that problem this series can't compare with another show ..
just watch something good

-Looper
-The Butterfly Effect
-Source Code
-Groundhog days
-Edge of Tomorrow
-Donnie Darko
gembelelaJan 28, 2016 11:20 AM
Saber

Mar 2014
Another great episode. It was pretty obvious that things weren't going to go so smoothly. I hope Kayo stays alive until the last episode, I have a bad feeling for some reason :(
Jan 28, 2016 11:18 AM

Jun 2010
KonoYume said:
But they have to though. It has to skip some scenes in order for the story to progress. Only 2 volumes were adapted so far. And there are 7 in total. Make the count.

Volumes shmolumes, there is a lot - and I mean a lot - that happens in the manga. The only way they could make this a 12-ep anime is... if they went with an anime-only ending. Which, now that I think about, one or two of the scenes in the OP might indicate...? That would be a shame though, because the manga is freakin' perfect.
Jan 28, 2016 11:19 AM

May 2010
The deja vues might be hints that this is not the first attempt to save kayo.
KerozinnJan 28, 2016 11:22 AM
Jan 28, 2016 11:19 AM

Aug 2008
Kayo's gone? Are you fuckin with me? I was tense, nervous, anxious, and had to take many breaks throughout this episode, and the pay off was that the promise was never fulfilled? are you joking right now? That's horrible. I can't do this every week. ;_;
Jan 28, 2016 11:20 AM

Aug 2012
Another 'red' sighting. This one makes a little more sense in regards to Satoru's mother recognizing the culprit so easily despite the obvious attempts to hide their appearance...I mean look how quick on the uptake she was this episode, we've only seen her this detective-like one other time.

Jan 28, 2016 11:20 AM

Dec 2015
eworm said:
KonoYume said:

Volumes shmolumes, there is a lot - and I mean a lot - that happens in the manga. The only way they could make this a 12-ep anime is... if they went with an anime-only ending. Which, now that I think about, one or two of the scenes in the OP might indicate...? That would be a shame though, because the manga is freakin' perfect.

Take a hint?
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1470400
Jan 28, 2016 11:21 AM

May 2014
Such a great episode. That cliffhanger, though.
Jan 28, 2016 11:22 AM

May 2010
gembelela said:

the other problem is why 29 years old dude act and thinking like a kid ten years old..??

he only acts like one. did you watch this episode?
Jan 28, 2016 11:23 AM

Oct 2012
Sokah said:
Good but there are a few MAJOR problems. He keeps saying he's 29, but he really does act like a little kid. Also why does he think getting past the day will save her, it's not the day that kills her... Really everything he's doing isn't making a whole lot of sense to prevent her from being killed. I mean, think about it, if you went back in time to prevent someone from being killed by a serial killer, would you be doing what he's doing? Maybe if you really were a little kid, but not a 29 year old surely.

Because in the manga, the report stated that Kayo died at age 10 (if I remember correctly) and she turned 11 on March 2 in this episode which means originally, she died before this day.

Really like Satoru's Mom in this episode.
Jan 28, 2016 11:23 AM

Jun 2015
Okay, am I the only one feeling like this?
This anime is so perfect, those 4 episodes were so good.
One of the best 4 episodes ever in my opinion.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 28, 2016 11:24 AM

Sep 2014
Such a tense episode. I almost thought everything would be okay.. Until I reached the end.

I'm afraid of next week's episode now. I'm pretty sure that mom did something.
Jan 28, 2016 11:26 AM

Jun 2015
gembelela said:

Says the guy with an average score of 3.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 28, 2016 11:27 AM

Jul 2015
ihusmal1234 said:
Welp. I was hoping throughout the whole entire episode that nothing bad would happen. But the mood took a full 180 at the last 10 seconds though. Hopefully it isn't anything too serious and i just a cliffhanger bait.

Really looking forward to next week.

Me too we got another amazing episode then the ending came I hope we're just being trolled and Kayo is ok. We got so many smiles from her this episode
terminador_2397Jan 28, 2016 11:56 AM
Jan 28, 2016 11:30 AM

Jun 2009
This anime is just too good!
I want another episode. A week of waiting is too long D<
I like pancakes.
Jan 28, 2016 11:31 AM

Oct 2014
MaouKing said:
gembelela said:

yeah.. i watched anime almost two decade..and lately get bored with unttractive MC and adult character act like kids/teen ..

all Male character anime always have pure hearts and don't need a women.. lol
( in anime universe it's like only kids/teen can save the world ) ..lol..
gembelelaJan 28, 2016 11:40 AM
Saber
Jan 28, 2016 11:31 AM

Feb 2014
MaouKing said:
gembelela said:

Seems like their isn't many "good" shows according to the average of 3 XD
Jan 28, 2016 11:32 AM

Jan 2016
Great episode! Can't wait for the next, so nervous for what's going to happen next...
Jan 28, 2016 11:34 AM

May 2015
Another superb episode. I saw that ending coming, ugh, just when the relationship was growing and everything went so well. Next episode can't come soon enough after that cliffhanger....

Jan 28, 2016 11:37 AM

Jan 2015
I understood that it failed, I am sure??
Jan 28, 2016 11:38 AM

Aug 2015
This anime is so good, bummer i have to wait another week :(

Jan 28, 2016 11:41 AM
Jun 2015
Sokah said:
Good but there are a few MAJOR problems. He keeps saying he's 29, but he really does act like a little kid. Also why does he think getting past the day will save her, it's not the day that kills her... Really everything he's doing isn't making a whole lot of sense to prevent her from being killed. I mean, think about it, if you went back in time to prevent someone from being killed by a serial killer, would you be doing what he's doing? Maybe if you really were a little kid, but not a 29 year old surely.

yes and no.
He interpreted that she particularly was killed because she was alone in the park, meaning no friends and isolated. So he became her friend and hangout with her all the time and making things better by joining his group of friends too. And it was reasonable enough to think she wasn't going to be killed because she made it to the her house where her parents can ''protect''. He acts like a kid because he is a kid, not mentally but physically and he can't raise suspicions in his attitudes towards everybody.
Now the thing i don't understand is why doesn't he begin a investigation when he had time, for crying out loud, he should have thought that the kidnapper would still attack her or someone else, that's what that kind of people do.
Jan 28, 2016 11:42 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Satoru's mother is a BAMF! Great birthday part for the two. The ending though O_O. So it's all for nothing ;_;

Another two chapters have been adapted. I have no idea how they'll do 48-50 chapters if there did 12 in 4 episodes.

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerJan 28, 2016 12:55 PM
Jan 28, 2016 11:48 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I was expecting something bad to happen any moment throughout the entire episode and I guess it eventually did

But even though it was somewhat predictable, the execution is just so flawless that you can't help but feel impressed by it anyway. It's just thrilling, truly
Jan 28, 2016 11:51 AM

Sep 2014
These episodes always go by too fast, but damn so many ''aaaawww'' moments for me this episode :)

My AOTS easily.
Jan 28, 2016 11:51 AM

Apr 2014
For the anime-only watchers wondering what our worries are about them adapting the whole manga in 12 episodes, let me put it in perspective.
The first episode covered 6 chapters, and as of this episode the anime has covered up to about chapter 12. There are 42 chapters out right now, and thr manga is nearing its end.
I have no idea how the anime will get to chapter 42 by episode 12 at this pace unless there's some serious rushing near the end.
IThwyre actually adapting it at a good pace, but for it to be confirmed 12 episodes with the manga' ending worries me right now.
I'm sure it will be fine and handled well even if it is rushed since the director seems to know what he's doing, but I just don't want this manga to be butchered and end up like Tokyo Ghoul or something.
HonguJan 28, 2016 11:56 AM
Jan 28, 2016 11:52 AM

Dec 2014
Smile to a frown real quick.

Jakerams said:
I want to dislike the anime for being generic but it's executed so perfectly I love it.

Generic? How so?
Jan 28, 2016 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
This episode did such a good job of filling me with dread about the apparently inevitable tragedy that seems to have occurred once again. After all, even with the deja vu here and there, everything Satoru was doing and causing to happen seemed far too easy and convenient. Even though he has befriended Fujinuma, there's still a lot about her that he and the audience don't know yet; something we don't know is going to be the answer to her disappearance and murder, I bet. Though I doubt it, it could well be that Kayo's mother beats her to death or give her to the killer to get rid of her; neither would particularly surprise me given the mother's character.
Jan 28, 2016 11:53 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty predictable ending imo, there was no way everything would be all peachy and resolved when we still have 8 episodes left. Despite the predictability of the ending, I look forward to seeing more progression of this story.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 28, 2016 11:56 AM

Jul 2015
AHHHHH as well he did not save the Hinazuki; -;
I'm really enjoying this anime I am totally intrigued by him and in love with him and Satoru so cute especially when he thinks high XD
Jan 28, 2016 12:01 PM

May 2009
Damn, they had to end on a cliffhanger as usual ><
But of course something will go wrong, that eerie feeling was there this whole episode. I mean, maybe nothing major happened, she may be late or trouble at home. But as long as that killer is out there no kid will be safe, he should realize that... a 29yo man ffs, he should've realized that long time ago. His mother isn't safe either.
Jan 28, 2016 12:05 PM

Oct 2009
It's second episode which made me almost cry. Why I have a feeling that "yes, this is the show which can make me cry so easly". Why this anime make me so... Weak...

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
Jan 28, 2016 12:07 PM

Feb 2015
Ahhh! I'm getting anxious... I'm pretty sure that cliff hanger meant it didn't go as Satoru planned.

I can't wait a whole week for the next episode! o(╥﹏╥)o
Jan 28, 2016 12:10 PM

Nov 2011
THE CLIFFHANGER IS KILLING ME

but seriously, during the whole ep I thought "things are gonna go wrong any minute now

any minute now

any minute now"

It was pure torture
Baby, daijobanai...
Jan 28, 2016 12:10 PM

Dec 2014
the series is just aweome. I just hope nothing isn't happened to her
Jan 28, 2016 12:13 PM

Mar 2011
Shit, I got chills at the end of the episode. All that meticulous planning done by Satoru went to naught. Plz don't let anything happen to her ;-; 5/5
Jan 28, 2016 12:14 PM

Oct 2014
Of course something had to go wrong, it is still the fourth episode ww
Hinazuki said some things that made my theory
seem credible
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Jan 28, 2016 12:19 PM

Oct 2015
It's crazy how It's only been 4 episodes and I'm already so invested and attached to these characters. Everything in this anime has been executed so well that it Isn't bold at all to say this will be one of the best series this year.
It's a sign of a good anime when you felt sadness, heartwarming joy, hope and hopelessness in just one episode. Can't wait till next week!
Jan 28, 2016 12:19 PM

Sep 2013
Keep the theories coming, non-manga readers xD

Anyways, another great episode. It almost felt too short. I loved the manga and I'm loving the anime just as much. From the beautiful animation, direction, soundtrack, and voice acting, it has yet to disappoint me. Really appreciating Aoi Yuuki's role in this anime.

They haven't omitted any hints that will lead to the suspect so that's a huge plus from me. Actually, the minor additions they have builds it up better. I'm very pleased ;u;
Jan 28, 2016 12:20 PM
Jul 2015
Wtf Kayo dies! Noooooo
Jan 28, 2016 12:25 PM

Feb 2015
So far this is the best anime I've ever watched. I've never seen anything like this, all the feelings whirling around in each episode. This is magical!
Jan 28, 2016 12:25 PM

Dec 2015
I haven't read the manga but I spoilered myself at Wikipedia about the culprit. From what I saw in the anime it isn't possible to tell for sure who will be the culprit.

Now I don't know if Hinazuki will die - haven't spoilered myself about this. But my guess is: She is just late because she is still working at that present she wanted to give to Satoru.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.