Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 2, 2016 7:30 PM

Apr 2008
Great chapter! Loving the intrigue so far, as well as the little Garfield reference. XD
Feb 3, 2016 5:59 PM

Nov 2013
yeah it smells of Hunter x hunter.

But after all there is no copyright on assassin families ... and as long as the arc is good, let's go!
Feb 3, 2016 11:34 PM

Jul 2011
Brooke definitely knows the Vinsmoke family --> look at that "....." reaction!!

Well, I don't mind series influencing other series. Naruto was only good before timeskip when it was heavily "influenced" by Togashi's works. One Piece has a lot of influences, but he works with global references, not really from other anime/manga. Seriously, we had a Garfield reference this chapter, how well known is Garfield outside of the west? Certain character names, Amazon female warriors, etc. That's like saying any ninja series is a reference to Naruto... yeah no.

Anyways, I'm excited to see how Oda handles a family of assassins.
MirorinFeb 3, 2016 11:38 PM
Feb 7, 2016 4:08 AM

Jun 2013
Can somebody please explain to me how this whole marriage setup even makes sense!? oO
So if Sanji marries this girl who is the daughter of a yonko, the yonko automatically owns the whole strawhat crew. Uhm what? xD
In what universe does that make sense?
Even if big mam somehow owns sanji after he marries his daughter. How would Luffy be involved in this? o_O
And even if you would go so far as to believe that somehow the legal system in the one piece world is so weird that yonko then owns the strawhats, why would anybody even care? They are pirates!!!
They already break countless rules. Nobody can decide that the big mam now owns the strawhats!
This whole setup is beyond stupid :D
Feb 7, 2016 5:00 AM

Nov 2010
confused_Imakuni said:
Can somebody please explain to me how this whole marriage setup even makes sense!? oO
So if Sanji marries this girl who is the daughter of a yonko, the yonko automatically owns the whole strawhat crew. Uhm what? xD
Even if big mam somehow owns sanji after he marries his daughter. How would Luffy be involved in this? o_O
And even if you would go so far as to believe that somehow the legal system in the one piece world is so weird that yonko then owns the strawhats, why would anybody even care? They are pirates!!!
They already break countless rules. Nobody can decide that the big mam now owns the strawhats!

Read the next chapter
Feb 11, 2016 2:57 AM

Jun 2012
confused_Imakuni said:
I think you just missed the key details here.

They didn't say that it necessarily means they own the Straw Hat pirates... they said if Sanji is going to marry and still stay with the Straw Hats, then they become the defacto underlings to Big Mam.

In other words if he married them he'd essentially have to leave the Straw Hats, because Luffy is not a man who could be someone's underling. But Luffy isn't down with him leaving either, so that's why he's going to crash this wedding.
Feb 12, 2016 2:47 AM

Jun 2013
HalibelTheEspada said:
confused_Imakuni said:

They didn't say that it necessarily means they own the Straw Hat pirates... they said if Sanji is going to marry and still stay with the Straw Hats, then they become the defacto underlings to Big Mam.

In other words if he married them he'd essentially have to leave the Straw Hats, because Luffy is not a man who could be someone's underling. But Luffy isn't down with him leaving either, so that's why he's going to crash this wedding.

why would they then be the underlings to big mam?
Marriage doesnt mean shit to pirates, because the law doesnt apply to them.
Feb 12, 2016 3:29 AM

Nov 2010
confused_Imakuni said:
HalibelTheEspada said:

why would they then be the underlings to big mam?
Marriage doesnt mean shit to pirates, because the law doesnt apply to them.

Read the next chapter duuude, all the anwsers are there.

In this case, Big Mom is the law. You refuse her, she'll fuck you up or
Dec 24, 2016 5:21 PM

May 2013
Sanji's family is shocking, it was a slower chapter than the last few but still good.

May 16, 2018 2:11 PM

Feb 2013
Nekomamushi is a funny cat!
Lol, Sanji came from a family of assassins.
Sep 18, 2018 6:03 PM

Dec 2015
Nekomamushi is a much more laid-back cat than I expected. I like him.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 5, 2022 7:49 AM

May 2021
I was expecting Viper to be more fierce though I don't suppose the people on his good side will not see that.

And I did immediately think of Killua's family upon seeing the last panel.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

7 by SamBlack »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 17, 11:48 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

32 by vsuc »»
Apr 17, 1:43 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1111 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 19

47 by Zorowork »»
Apr 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 768 Discussion

YerinArelius - Nov 19, 2014

47 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 14, 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.