Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Youjo Senki' Gets TV Anime Adaptation

New
Jan 27, 2016 11:44 PM

Nov 2011
The wraparound jacket on the fifth light novel volume of Youjo Senki, which will go on sale on January 30, has announced a TV anime adaptation of the series.

Youjo Senki, written by Carlo Zen and illustrated by Shinobu Shinotsuki, has been published by Enterbrain since October 2013. The third light novel volume contained an audio drama featuring Hiromi Igarashi as the voice of the protagonist.

Synopsis
On the front lines of the war, there is a little girl. Blonde hair, blue eyes, and porcelain white skin, she commands the army with lisping voice. Her name is Tanya Degurechaff. But in reality, she is one of Japan's most elite salarymen, reborn as a little girl after angering a mysterious being who calls himself God. This little girl, who prioritizes efficiency and her own carrier over anything else, will become the most dangerous being amongst the sorcerers of the imperial army.

Source: IEEE802.11

Youjo Senki on MAL
arsonalJan 29, 2016 11:34 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

Jul 2012
That cover art looks great already!

Nov 2011
I've been reading the first volume so far and it's actually better than expected. Hoping they can make something good out of this.
Jan 27, 2016 11:46 PM

Apr 2015
So many announcements.

This one looks good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2016 11:48 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
The nice cover art and that interesting synopsis.....

This is worth a try

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 27, 2016 11:48 PM
Mar 2012
Whelp, it seems like what a lot of light novel readers are worrying about are coming true: more and more reincarnation novels are getting anime adaptions.

I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst for this adaption.
Jan 27, 2016 11:57 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
You had me at little girl. Then you lost me at salaryman reborn.

I'll still probably watch.
Jan 28, 2016 12:00 AM

Jul 2014
This sounds really interesting, there are a lot of reincarnation/isekai stuff but they're usually fantasy, which this doesn't seem to be. Also, cover art looks great
Jan 28, 2016 12:10 AM

Sep 2014
Seeing the cover, I immediately thought of Remilia Scarlet wearing a Imperial army uniform... ._.

Synopsis sounds really interesting so far, hoping for some heavy dark stuff....looking forward to it :D

Jan 28, 2016 12:22 AM

Jul 2009
This is the first half of the audio drama that came with the third light novel volume.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jan 28, 2016 12:31 AM

Jul 2014
Was interested until the 'Salary man reborn' part.

I'll just wait for a PV...
"Hi!"
Jan 28, 2016 12:36 AM

Dec 2011
LastChapter said:
Whelp, it seems like what a lot of light novel readers are worrying about are coming true: more and more reincarnation novels are getting anime adaptions.

Actually this looks like the sort of series that shows just how much potential the whole reincarnation thing actually has.

Haven't read it though, so can't comment much more than that.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 28, 2016 12:50 AM

Jan 2014
This looks like a formula for failure.

All I can hope is it won't be as bad as Overlord
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2016 12:52 AM

Aug 2015
well i'll give it a try...looks badass
Jan 28, 2016 12:58 AM

Apr 2013
Uh what? Are they serious? This is a prime example of something that cannot work as an anime. It's far too complex for this media.
The level of military knowledge used in this is through the roof. We're getting alderamin adaptation this year which is already quite high on strategy/military but this one is on another level completely.

Furthermore, the other important point of this title is the internal dialogue. It's full of them and it's what makes the series interesting. They won't be able to keep that.
The MC is a really interesting character because of them. If you keep those long speech anime watchers will be bored in 2 mn, but if you don't keep them peoples won't understand a thing about the MC.
I'm happy to see Tanya animated since that's one of my favourite LN (and to peoples thinking it's similar to other reincarnation LN/Overlord, you're completely wrong here), but that will NOT work. It's even less adaptable than was Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon, and KyouHora's adaptation was pretty mucha miracle to work out. There's not one chance on one thousand that this is done in a good way.

In other words, read the novels, don't expect anything from the anime.
Youjo Senki novels ARE very good. The anime will not.
kuuderes_shadow said:
LastChapter said:

Actually this looks like the sort of series that shows just how much potential the whole reincarnation thing actually has.

Haven't read it though, so can't comment much more than that.

yes.
Jan 28, 2016 12:59 AM

Apr 2009
I assume this will be the usual reincarnation stuff with added NIPPON STRONK nationalism.... Meh.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 28, 2016 12:59 AM
Mar 2010
Light novel anime almost never work out for me since I'm not the target audience. But the art in this one looks really good! I might watch this if it has enough male characters.

P.S Still waiting for a female oriented fantasy LN to get an anime.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 28, 2016 1:00 AM

Apr 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
I assume this will be the usual reincarnation stuff with added NIPPON STRONK nationalism.... Meh.

This happening in alternate germany in the 20s/30s. So if anything, it's Germany stronk here.
Jan 28, 2016 1:02 AM

Apr 2009
Zefyris said:
Nidhoeggr said:

This happening in alternate germany in the 20s/30s. So if anything, it's Germany stronk here.

That does not make it better.... Japan's lack of processes of coming to terms with the past and reemerging nationalism is not something I am keen on seeing. Especially when some Aryan loli is involving.
NidhoeggrJan 28, 2016 1:25 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 28, 2016 1:08 AM

Apr 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Zefyris said:

That does not make it better....

It's actually a very good title. Especially if you enjoy military, as the level of detail and knowledge about military history, tactics, supplying problems, political implication of military actions, problems of fighting several battlefronts as the same time, changes made i tactics by the development of aerial combat, and so on is simply astounding. It's also very deep due to it being very MC centered as his inner dialogue are of a completely another level than the usual.
However, I don't see how the anime could be good.
They will probably tone done a lot the military aspect since there's no way anime watcher can follow that, and they won't be able to keep the inner dialogue either, as this would bore the usual anime watcher in 2mn.
So the anime will be a failure from a faithful adaptation standpoint, even if they manage to make it somehow a success commercially (which Idoubt as well).
Jan 28, 2016 1:21 AM

Aug 2014
What's this one about, Nazi Lolis? That uniform looks straight up Waffen SS lol.
Jan 28, 2016 1:24 AM

Apr 2013
Foxfire said:
What's this one about, Nazi Lolis? That uniform looks straight up Waffen SS lol.

No nazism. It''s 20s alternate germany without nazism as they have never known the first world war in this alternate world.
MC is basically the only loli.
No fan service/no sexual innuendo or anything. IF anything, MC who was an alpha male -and proud to be it is- pissed off to be small, woman, with a lisping voice. SO don't expect any awkward situation from a male exited to be in a female body or anything. Not gonna happens here.
Jan 28, 2016 1:44 AM

Jul 2010
Sounds like something I would not enjoy at all so prob pass.
Jan 28, 2016 1:48 AM
Jul 2018
The synopsis sounds very interesting. I'll tune in for this one.
Jan 28, 2016 1:51 AM

May 2012
Synopsis sound so interesting. I will watch this for sure

I hope it airs in 2016
Jan 28, 2016 1:58 AM

Mar 2012
PLEASE DON`T GIVE IT TO A-1 PICTURES! PLEASE DON`T GIVE IT TO A-1 PICTURES!

I hope the japanese army don`t act like a bunch of narcissist
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jan 28, 2016 2:00 AM

Apr 2013
Zeta-Astacion said:

I hope the japanese army don`t act like a bunch of narcissist

there's no japanese army there. And the military characters are the most competent and pragmatic in their tactics I ever saw in a novel.
Also, please don't give it to madhouse. They never adapted a novel properly.
ZefyrisJan 28, 2016 2:05 AM
Jan 28, 2016 2:05 AM

Jan 2015
Wanted to read this. Oh well, I think I'll watch it instead.
Jan 28, 2016 2:08 AM
Mar 2015
will be this worth it ?
Jan 28, 2016 2:27 AM

Mar 2010
This is my fetish.
Jan 28, 2016 3:07 AM

Feb 2012
Now this looks and sounds pretty good, will follow for sure.
Jan 28, 2016 3:25 AM

Mar 2014
Not too big on the military genre, already wasn't too into Alderamin, but I'll give this a shot reregardless.
Thought this would be Shinigami wo Tabeta Shoujo too when I started reading the synopsis, was just mixing them up, hopefully that gets translated one day, really would like to read it.
Jan 28, 2016 3:29 AM

Aug 2008
Carlo Zen. Is that author a Japanese or some other nationality?

So did the girl got reborn into another world/universe since there's sorcerer in imperial army. Can't imagine which country is that. Another 'transported to another world' anime?
ZapredonJan 28, 2016 4:14 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 28, 2016 3:51 AM
Jan 2016
The synopsis is really intriguing & confusing at the same time. It's like the author just threw a bunch of different ideas into this LN & hoped it would work.
Jan 28, 2016 4:04 AM

Oct 2015
MagicalMahou said:

just *facepalmed* really hard... Overlord was bad? srsly... it was one of the best animes in 2015 better then OPM and many others. And on topic the story of this LN sounds quite good i think its good be worth the watch gonna watch it for sure :)
Jan 28, 2016 4:23 AM

Nov 2011
looooooool why bother touhou is already dead kancolle's the new cancer to kill more people

what more if touhou is written by a mexican:
carlo
Jan 28, 2016 4:24 AM
Nov 2014
Salaryman turns into a liitle girl!? Light novels stories keeps getting worse and worse every time.
Jan 28, 2016 4:25 AM
Nov 2015
BlackPoint said:
MagicalMahou said:

just *facepalmed* really hard... Overlord was bad? srsly... it was one of the best animes in 2015 better then OPM and many others. And on topic the story of this LN sounds quite good i think its good be worth the watch gonna watch it for sure :)

no the best anime for 2015 was to love ru darkness 2

overload wasnt terrible but there were better harem series that year
Jan 28, 2016 4:46 AM

Sep 2012
LastChapter said:

nothing much to worry about. When the main "heroine" had no-cheating-stat. She just build all her "power" by her own.
Just give it right to whitefox or madhouse.

@blackpoint: but i'd say that overlord was very bad, it had poor idea, worn-out setting, one-side develop...
imbuementJan 28, 2016 4:54 AM
Jan 28, 2016 4:50 AM

Jan 2014
BlackPoint said:
MagicalMahou said:

You don't watch a lot of good anime, do you...

>Infinite Stratos a 9

Yeah, figures.
Jan 28, 2016 4:55 AM

Apr 2014
So a salaryman gets reincarnated to a new world and becomes a little girl who commands the Imperial Army?
They're not even trying anymore, are they.
Will at least watch to see how ridiculous it is. Though of course the light novel defense force is coming in and reassuring us that "It's good this time, r-really!"
HonguJan 28, 2016 5:00 AM
Jan 28, 2016 5:07 AM

Jan 2013
The synopsis is a 9/10 in terms of ridiculous content.
Elite salaryman reborn as little girl because he/she made god mad at him/her?
And she's the commander of a bloody army.
Also why did she have to lisp? Is that god's wrath? Or a Monthy Python tribute?
NaturalPermJan 28, 2016 5:14 AM
Jan 28, 2016 5:32 AM

Sep 2012
Hongu said:
So a salaryman gets reincarnated to a new world and becomes a little girl who commands the Imperial Army?
They're not even trying anymore, are they.
Will at least watch to see how ridiculous it is. Though of course the light novel defense force is coming in and reassuring us that "It's good this time, r-really!"

No no no, she started as a normal military student (while did well with all her exam), in her "trainee term" at borderline the neighbour invaded and the higher-up just lump all students with "real" soldiers. She fought well and gain a honor medal, then step by step climb up in imperial army.
Jan 28, 2016 5:43 AM

Oct 2015
MagicalMahou said:
BlackPoint said:

You don't watch a lot of good anime, do you...

>Infinite Stratos a 9

Yeah, figures.

I do watch plenty enough of good ones and whats wrong with giving IS a 9 perhaps a 8 when i think now but idc 9 is fine too and if i enjoy a anime ill give it a high rate and thats it and if you gonna shit on my list then i can do same at you so dont even start some offtopic shits...
Jan 28, 2016 5:46 AM
May 2012
That eyes and hair, though.
Jan 28, 2016 5:50 AM

May 2011
It sounds pretty interesting at first notice. Looking forward to see how it turns out.
Jan 28, 2016 6:13 AM

Feb 2014
The art looks really pretty, especially the curly hair and the blue eyes. Guess I'll give it a try.
Jan 28, 2016 6:32 AM

Aug 2008
Zefyris said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Alternate German as in different German from where the MC come from?

Nidhoeggr said:
Zefyris said:

That does not make it better.... Japan's lack of processes of coming to terms with the past and reemerging nationalism is not something I am keen on seeing. Especially when some Aryan loli is involving.

Japan inability to move on from past has cause German to have negative opinion on Japan the past few years.

Germany dismayed by Japan's inability to move on

http://asia.nikkei.com/Politics-Economy/International-Relations/Germany-dismayed-by-Japan-s-inability-to-move-on?page=
ZapredonJan 28, 2016 6:41 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 28, 2016 6:42 AM

Apr 2013
Zapredon said:
Zefyris said:

The MC is from Japan (of our world). The alternate world has a different history and it's the alternate germany that he's reborn and living in. No first world war, and no nazism either (although the alternate Russia is under comunism in the 20s just the same as our world). Another difference is the technology. While the army technology is mostly the same, they have discovered a technological way to use "magic" for some peoples. Using the right tool, they can do various things when properly trained. This allows them for example to assist the artillery by flying and sending them precise coordinate of the target, and the like.
Jan 28, 2016 6:46 AM

Aug 2008
Zefyris said:
Zapredon said:

The MC is from Japan (of our world). The alternate world has a different history and it's the alternate germany that he's reborn and living in. No first world war, and no nazism either (although the alternate Russia is under comunism in the 20s just the same as our world). Another difference is the technology. While the army technology is mostly the same, they have discovered a technological way to use "magic" for some peoples. Using the right tool, they can do various things when properly trained. This allows them for example to assist the artillery by flying and sending them precise coordinate of the target, and the like.

I see. So the MC original world before she reborn also has Nazi?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
23 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.