Forum Settings
Forums

Petting confirmed removed from the English localized version of Fire Emblem: Fates

New
Pages (27) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2016 5:43 AM

Apr 2012
TR-8RCaim said:
Immahnoob said:
I disagree, why would skin ship be weird and completely off tone with the game? You're saying support conversations are also out of tone and weird then.
It's weird because no other Fire Emblem game has ever had a mini-game to embrace the series. It always sticked to the tactics formula when it comes to gameplay and that's it. It's off tone because romance was never emphasized to this degree of interactivity.

I don't see supports as weird because the mechanic has existed since the first game.
So what you're saying is that it's not the romance, but the interactivity after all.

But see, the issue here is that the petting isn't always romantic in-game, hell, it only starts being so after a few ranks in support convos.

The other issue is that you're denying how Anime Fire Emblem always has been. You have seen enough anime to understand what petting and face touching tends to mean.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 28, 2016 6:18 AM

Jan 2013
Immahnoob said:
But see, the issue here is that the petting isn't always romantic in-game, hell, it only starts being so after a few ranks in support convos.
Isn't this feature called skinship? Which is by nature a very intimate act? You're literally calling units to your bedroom so you can touch them. If that's not some sort of implication of romance than I don't know what is.

Immahnoob said:
The other issue is that you're denying how Anime Fire Emblem always has been. You have seen enough anime to understand what petting and face touching tends to mean.
I'm not denying it. Fire Emblem went anime ever since Fire Emblem 6 released fourteen years ago.
Jan 28, 2016 6:28 AM

Apr 2012
I've just explained it in the same quotes you've just took apart and answered.

It being called "skinship" doesn't matter, you can only touch face, shoulders and around the neck, nowhere intimate. Each character answers differently, based on where you touch and on your support levels. If they're married to you, yes, it will become more "romantic", borderline "sexual", just like it was in Fire Emblem Awakening, mind you, you could talk to your "love" and get all types of answers.

If they're your kid, the answers are also different, sounding more like a bonding between parent/child.

If they're a random at a low level support level, they also answer accordingly.

Besides that, you seem to not understand why I mention Fire Emblem being "Anime". It's exactly because petting in Anime isn't sexual/romantic most of the times. It's the same trope.

Autocrat said:
Jan 28, 2016 6:29 AM

Dec 2013
Idk what is it so I google-d...

Is this what they removed from the game?
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 28, 2016 6:30 AM

Apr 2012
Benphyre said:

Yes, that's exactly it.

Lovely character limit, I can't say "Yes", I have to add "That's exactly it", as if that makes it a BETTER response.

Topkek

Autocrat said:
Jan 28, 2016 6:35 AM

Dec 2013
Immahnoob said:
Benphyre said:

Yes, that's exactly it.

Lovely character limit, I can't say "Yes", I have to add "That's exactly it", as if that makes it a BETTER response.

Topkek

damn that is like removing the essence of the game
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 28, 2016 7:00 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Is this the Treehouse at it again? "Appealing to wider audiences" is complete bs The petting is so minor that no one would he swayed one way or the other by it. They should try releasing a game uncensored and seeing how it sells compared to an uncensored one. Or they look at games from other consoles with actual sexual content that do just fine.
But really, Nintendo should just pay fans to do translations. "Localization" is such a pointless thing.
Jan 28, 2016 7:03 AM

Apr 2012
@BatoKusanagi
This optional content is at least 2 hours of gameplay, unless you want to do it more often.

You also lose dialogue that you wouldn't get otherwise. The backlash also came from a minority of people that most likely wouldn't have bought the game.

E.g. http://strawpoll.me/6648118/r

It's good I'm a pirate.

Oh and, it might have been removed because the localizers were lazy. Just saying, there's a lot of voice acting there.

Autocrat said:
Jan 28, 2016 7:14 AM

May 2008
Still no proof or sources, day three. Just that crappy Kotaku article and an out of context IGN mod comment. His twitter is just as out of context as well. I feel like I'm the only one who actually researches anything anymore before raging about it.

I have a hackable 3ds that I'll use for Fates only if they don't offer dual audio. Which is another thing that isn't confirmed or denied. I blame their crappy PR team for letting this get so out of hand.
Jan 28, 2016 7:16 AM

Apr 2012
Who cares if it's true or not? We can discuss about it just fine. When it'll come out and get the definitive source, we'll then see if we were right or wrong.

It's not as if we're doing anything out of the ordinary by discussing, just saying.

Autocrat said:
Jan 28, 2016 7:29 AM

May 2008
Immahnoob said:
Who cares if it's true or not? We can discuss about it just fine. When it'll come out and get the definitive source, we'll then see if we were right or wrong.

It's not as if we're doing anything out of the ordinary by discussing, just saying.
Just really bugs me I guess how blown up everything is over rumors when we're like right almost there at release date.
Jan 28, 2016 7:34 AM

Apr 2012
Yup said:
Immahnoob said:

Just really bugs me I guess how blown up everything is over rumors when we're like right almost there at release date.
If they lied, they're going to get a ton of shit anyway.

Plus, I would have still told everyone to not get the game because of the Soleil conversation being changed from the original anyway.

Let's not forget I wasn't going to buy anything from Nintendo in the first place, fuck them.

EDIT: And by the way, if they DID do this for clicks, they will get blacklisted by Nintendo. Just saying that this is actually a big deal. So it would be odd for them to do this only for clicks.

Since they'll anger Nintendo and fans, that means less clicks in the future.
ImmahnoobJan 28, 2016 7:47 AM

Autocrat said:
Jan 28, 2016 7:49 AM

Jul 2012
Immahnoob said:
@BatoKusanagi
This optional content is at least 2 hours of gameplay, unless you want to do it more often.

You also lose dialogue that you wouldn't get otherwise. The backlash also came from a minority of people that most likely wouldn't have bought the game.

It's good I'm a pirate.

Oh and, it might have been removed because the localizers were lazy. Just saying, there's a lot of voice acting there.
Strawpolls don't really mean anything without knowledge of where they've been posted.
Jan 28, 2016 7:50 AM

Apr 2012
Battlechili said:
Immahnoob said:
@BatoKusanagi

It's good I'm a pirate.

Strawpolls don't really mean anything without knowledge of where they've been posted.
Fire Emblem subreddit, NeoFAG, KiA are places I know it has been posted.

Autocrat said:
Jan 28, 2016 7:59 AM
Jul 2015
I don't want it anymore. It's a matter of principle.

And also a matter of me wanting to pet my comrades-in-arms! >:(
Jan 28, 2016 8:04 AM

Jan 2013
So did anyone else import it or just me?
Jan 28, 2016 8:12 AM

Feb 2008
Benphyre said:

What the fuck did they do to Fire Emblem? If they had to go this low to keep the series alive, I think it's for the best to just euthanize the franchise.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 28, 2016 8:14 AM

Apr 2012
ZetaZaku said:
Benphyre said:

What the fuck did they do to Fire Emblem? If they had to go this low to keep the series alive, I think it's for the best to just euthanize the franchise.
Low? I think you should have killed the franchise 14 years ago then.

Autocrat said:
Jan 28, 2016 8:53 AM

Apr 2010
ZetaZaku said:

Ever heard of the word "evolving"? No? Oh...right...you're one of those close minded fools who wants things to stay the same...for nothing to change. Well lemme tell you something...change is good...evolving is good...and so is expanding your horizons. Go play Mario or Pokemon if you want to play a game that doesn't change it's formula since the 90's
Shiro-Jan 28, 2016 9:02 AM
Jan 28, 2016 8:58 AM

Apr 2012
Shirou- said:
ZetaZaku said:

Ever heard of the word "evolving"? No? Oh...right...you're one of those close minded fools who wants things to stay the same...for nothing to change. Well lemme tell you something...change is good...evolving is good...and so is expending your horizons. Go play Mario or Pokemon if you want to play a game that doesn't change it's formula since the 90's
He's raging about an optional feature that he could have as well not used.

Holy shit.

Autocrat said:
Jan 28, 2016 9:31 AM

Jan 2012
IF this is true I won't be supporting a butchered version , will rather just import a JP version with a dictionary next to me and try to decipher everything with my few hundred Kanji I know. Gives me good JP practice and allows me to actually enjoy the game as it was intended.
Jan 28, 2016 10:35 AM

Apr 2012
PantsuPillow said:
IF this is true I won't be supporting a butchered version , will rather just import a JP version with a dictionary next to me and try to decipher everything with my few hundred Kanji I know. Gives me good JP practice and allows me to actually enjoy the game as it was intended.
If you don't have a JP 3DS you won't be able to import.

If you do have one, then fine.

If you still want to import, I can always help you hack your 3DS.

Autocrat said:
Jan 28, 2016 10:52 AM

Jan 2012
Immahnoob said:
PantsuPillow said:

Thank you for the offer , I am already aware of how to hack it. Appreciate the offer though.
Jan 28, 2016 11:57 AM

Aug 2014
Admittedly it's dumb. I'm not gonna boycott it, but I'm not gonna pretend that this is the reason FE's declined in quality and its removal is a beacon of hope. It wasn't the waifu/husbando aspects that made Awakening a dud (though, I'm of the opinion that it's a good game, just a bad FE). It was it's bare bones story, bland villains, bizarre pacing and laughably lack of difficulty on anything but Lunatic+ which was less a test of your tactical prowess and more of how much God loves you at the moment.
Jan 28, 2016 1:19 PM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
Dont play the game but I stick with anti censorship all the way.
It happens with all the localizations of games now, fucking SJW's, feminist fucks and other retards who just want attention cant handle this sort of thing same as how they got that loli game off Steam for a easter egg they didn't like but dont make comments on rag heads marrying 13 yo's and fucking kids IRL.
Its gonna continue but I import my games straight from them so it doesn't matter really as far as ports go but they will start mass attacking the source soon, bunch of hypocrites really.
Jan 28, 2016 1:31 PM

Feb 2008
Shirou- said:
ZetaZaku said:

Ever heard of the word "evolving"? No? Oh...right...you're one of those close minded fools who wants things to stay the same...for nothing to change. Well lemme tell you something...change is good...evolving is good...and so is expanding your horizons. Go play Mario or Pokemon if you want to play a game that doesn't change it's formula since the 90's

I'm one of those closeminded people that don't like franchises dumbing down gameplay to appeal to dumb masses and add degrading waifu elements instead of improving gameplay. Unlike Fire Emblem, Pokemon at least improves the gameplay formula and adds new elements (but screws up by making the game too easy).

Jan 28, 2016 1:44 PM

Apr 2010
-Pokemon
-Improving gameplay formula

What?!! I'm done...I'm so done lmfao =)
Then you're better off playing the same shit of a game that is Pokemon and Mario for the rest of your life, if you don't like change in games.
Jan 28, 2016 1:47 PM

Jul 2014
Why is there a petting feature in the game anyway, it's kinda weird
Jan 28, 2016 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
Immahnoob said:
PantsuPillow said:

Hacking affects your ability to use the online support on your DS though, doesn't it? That's the biggest issue with me personally. I'm not tech savvy enough to be able to fix it when I need to, or hack it on my own, and I can't exactly afford multiple systems.

I'm honestly considering the hacking though. I'm so sick of NoA and their bullshit. I love Fire Emblem, and I was hyped as fuck, but I don't want to support them cutting out entire features, no matter what they are.

I'd rather not pirate the full game though, because Intelligent Systems doesn't deserve that. It's just the bullshit localization team that needs to get their shit together.
Jan 28, 2016 2:01 PM

Apr 2012
@Mashiro-Senpai

No, it doesn't affect your online support.

And I'm going to walk you through it, that's why I am saying I will help people with hacking.

Autocrat said:
Jan 28, 2016 2:03 PM
Feb 2014
ZetaZaku said:

You act as if you just learned about this and that indicates you probably haven't even played the series and just want this series terminated just based on your own worthless wishes. And there's always a "don't buy it if you don't like it" option.

I'm one of those closeminded people that don't like franchises dumbing down gameplay to appeal to dumb masses and add degrading waifu elements instead of improving gameplay. Unlike Fire Emblem, Pokemon at least improves the gameplay formula and adds new elements (but screws up by making the game too easy).

Who are you to decide what Fire Emblem's target audience is? And gameplay actually has improved over time with the series, what the hell are you talking about? Just one little controversial minigame is gonna make you flip a shit? An attitude like this makes gaming for me unenjoyable.
Jan 28, 2016 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
Immahnoob said:
@Mashiro-Senpai

No, it doesn't affect your online support.

And I'm going to walk you through it, that's why I am saying I will help people with hacking.

Really? That's like the one thing I've been hearing from people who hack their system, was that they can't use the online features on their DS anymore.

I suppose that's good news.
Jan 28, 2016 2:06 PM
Feb 2014
Shirou- said:
-Pokemon
-Improving gameplay formula

What?!! I'm done...I'm so done lmfao =)
Then you're better off playing the same shit of a game that is Pokemon and Mario for the rest of your life, if you don't like change in games.

He's not wrong about that, adjustments are made with every generation, however, I stick to the older generations for various reasons. The replay value being the core reason. But he is wrong about making it "too easy." If by making it more cumbersome to actually complete a Pokedex or make a team you spend hours and hours creating, with generations making it harder to do that, then how is that making the game easier?
Jan 28, 2016 2:08 PM

Jun 2011
paperlynx said:
Why is there a petting feature in the game anyway, it's kinda weird

Why shouldn't there be a petting feature in a waifu game? :^)
Jan 28, 2016 2:09 PM

Feb 2008
Nico- said:
ZetaZaku said:

You act as if you just learned about this and that indicates you probably haven't even played the series and just want this series terminated just based on your own worthless wishes. And there's always a "don't buy it if you don't like it" option.

Who are you to decide what Fire Emblem's target audience is? And gameplay actually has improved over time with the series, what the hell are you talking about? Just one little controversial minigame is gonna make you flip a shit? An attitude like this makes gaming for me unenjoyable.

Have you even played a single Fire Emblem game, other than Awakening and maybe Path of Radiance? They dumbed down a lot of elements in Awakening so it would appeal to the casual audience, and Fates removed elements even further.

Jan 28, 2016 2:11 PM

Feb 2010
TR-8RCaim said:
Fai said:
Because otaku pandering is gross and objectification is gross?

I for one applaud Nintendo for caring for Fire Emblem's reputation in the west. IT was always a great fantasy game and Fates is return to the roots(in gameplay and story) after anime-as-fuck Awakening trainwreck. ITs good that its name wont be tainted by "features" like that.

Also you can't be talking shit about otaku pandering when you were defending this #FE idol shit in a previous thread.

Fai status: REKT.
Jan 28, 2016 2:16 PM
Feb 2014
FE games I have played (I plan to eventually play all of it): Binding Blade, The Sacred Stones, Radiant Dawn, Fates.

Also, Fates probably has the worst story of all the games I've played (I agree with you on that potentially) but hands down the gameplay was my favorite of those I played, and once again, you are not to tell anyone who the audience of FE is, it may have just always been "casual" and "anime-inspired" for all I care.

I kind of fail to see how the artstyle and mood elements really changed, maybe, I'm just not that hardcore and am admittedly casual, but that does not mean I am "abusing" your precious game by simply playing it and not playing the entire series, so please excuse me.
Jan 28, 2016 2:21 PM

Sep 2012
ZetaZaku said:
Shirou- said:

Didn't they add a new weapon triangle in this game and new weapons while bringing back/reworking old features like the Dual System in Awakening? Phoenix is literally baby mode, not denying that, but casual and classic are still there. The only pandering thing that can be gross is the petting system, but even then that's optional, isn't it?

Honestly, I don't want them cutting it either. I mean, sure, I can watch it when that content is leaked from another sources, but between this and Mika's buttslap from SFV, I'm starting to dislike the whole censoring business in the west and the bad thing is that it doesn't seem like is gonna stop.
Jan 28, 2016 2:23 PM

Apr 2010
Nico- said:
He's not wrong about that, adjustments are made with every generation, however, I stick to the older generations for various reasons. The replay value being the core reason. But he is wrong about making it "too easy." If by making it more cumbersome to actually complete a Pokedex or make a team you spend hours and hours creating, with generations making it harder to do that, then how is that making the game easier?

Nope. Sorry mate, but I won't agree with that. Aside from coming new pokemons (that totally suck in the name department and appearance), and little features like bases, Pokemon Amie, or Poemon Beauty contests, there isn't any improvement. Oh, so now we have mega evolutions? My oh my, it's such a new and awesome idea. It's pretty clear that Game Freak it's running out of ideas, so I always find it funny when people defend games like Pokemon, and suggest they change the game formula from game to game (or from time to time lol).
Jan 28, 2016 2:25 PM

Apr 2012
@SH4kun
gross
Can we please stop using "gross" in situations like these?

I don't want this to become NeoFAG.

Autocrat said:
Jan 28, 2016 2:27 PM
Jul 2018
I mean, Pokemon has obviously added things, but the only games I've ever actually invested time in was the originals on the GBA, and X and Y because I thought it looked new and different.

I ended up selling it after I finished it because it was just the same old thing, just looked pretty. Whatever they actually are changing, it's not enough to keep it from getting stale. At least in my opinion.
Jan 28, 2016 2:28 PM
Feb 2014
Shirou- said:
Nico- said:

Nope. Sorry mate, but I won't agree with that. Aside from coming new pokemons (that totally suck in the name department and appearance), and little features like bases, Pokemon Amie, or Poemon Beauty contests, there isn't any improvement. Oh, so now we have mega evolutions? My oh my, it's such a new and awesome idea. It's pretty clear that Game Freak it's running out of ideas, so I always find it funny when people defend games like Pokemon, and suggest they change the game formula from game to game (or from time to time lol).

I'm not defending it though, I'm just saying they're adding new features without saying that's good or bad, and I haven't really played any games since I semi-quit Black/White.

I for one think the reason why this franchise still is high up is because in Japan they don't just buy what's out. This isn't America where it's all about buying "the in product," as you can think about it on an economic basis. Legacy prevails, it's always just a fad elsewhere, and why people buy newer series is because they want to continue on with that legacy.
Jan 28, 2016 2:31 PM
Feb 2014
SH4kun said:
The only pandering thing that can be gross is the petting system, but even then that's optional, isn't it?

Because optional never exists to Kotaku journo wannabes.

I probably wouldn't play the petting game but it's not like I'm being forced to right? If anyone's forcing shit down, it's those SJWs responsible for needless censorship that they could just walk away from if it literally gave them a heart attack upon discovering.
Jan 28, 2016 2:33 PM

Sep 2012
Immahnoob said:
@SH4kun
gross
Can we please stop using "gross" in situations like these?

I don't want this to become NeoFAG.

For some people it can be, I guess. I'm personally very pleased with Camilla's petting events, if you catch my drift.
Jan 28, 2016 4:57 PM

Sep 2011
From what I've read it was never confirmed and it was just your typical Kotaku click bait article. Those fucktards will do anything to get traffic on their shit site. That said it wouldn't surprise me if NoA out of fear of a tumblr shit storm or some SJW faggots raiding their facebook/twitter removed it just to be on the safe side. Fucking disgusting PC world we live in. I don't care how much it offends someone if you don't like it don't buy it. I find the petting cringe worthy as all hell, I doubt I'll even buy the game as the last one was kinda meh. That said I am all against any form of censorship. We should get the original translated version of the game in all its otaku pandering glory.
Jan 28, 2016 7:55 PM

Jan 2013
Nico- said:
FE games I have played (I plan to eventually play all of it): Binding Blade, The Sacred Stones, Radiant Dawn, Fates.

Also, Fates probably has the worst story of all the games I've played (I agree with you on that potentially) but hands down the gameplay was my favorite of those I played, and once again, you are not to tell anyone who the audience of FE is, it may have just always been "casual" and "anime-inspired" for all I care.

I kind of fail to see how the artstyle and mood elements really changed, maybe, I'm just not that hardcore and am admittedly casual, but that does not mean I am "abusing" your precious game by simply playing it and not playing the entire series, so please excuse me.
Worst story? But the final route was great...
Jan 28, 2016 10:15 PM

Feb 2015
So you can rub a Machoke's dick in Pokemon X/Y, but not faces in Fire Emblem: Fates. Nice logic, Nintendo.
Jan 28, 2016 10:49 PM

May 2014
Just yell at them.

I remember when they removed any slightly gay banter from a love live localisation. They got roasted lol.

http://www.nerdspan.com/english-love-live-school-idol-festival-removes-homosexual-references/
Jan 28, 2016 11:13 PM
Feb 2014
WrongPriest said:
Just yell at them.

I remember when they removed any slightly gay banter from a love live localisation. They got roasted lol.

http://www.nerdspan.com/english-love-live-school-idol-festival-removes-homosexual-references/

the SJWs should have just banned the entire game all together if they were that desperate to remove "otaku pandering" lmao
Jan 28, 2016 11:40 PM
Jul 2018
I like how they told us AFTER a lot of us pre-ordered the SE or the games. I mean, I'm still gonna' play it... but, c'mon now.
Pages (27) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - Apr 19

6 by KenaiPhoenix »»
6 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

52 by goodtasty »»
7 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3506 by goodtasty »»
7 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

8 by Astachanna »»
8 hours ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

12 by _untitled »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.