Forum Settings
Forums

Petting confirmed removed from the English localized version of Fire Emblem: Fates

New
Pages (27) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 26, 2016 12:12 PM

Jun 2011
It's like they want people to pirate the game.
Jan 26, 2016 12:34 PM

May 2010
Why even release it in the west? We clearly can't handle it.
Jan 26, 2016 12:38 PM

Nov 2011
what is this petting minigame? you just touch and the characters respond?
couldn't they change the dialogue or something..?

edit: saw the petting on youtube. it doesn't seem to be such a big deal
probably not a big part in the game, but i can see why people would be upset over this.
DreamingBeatsJan 26, 2016 12:53 PM
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jan 26, 2016 12:54 PM

Mar 2014
Rofl why

I don't give a shit about this franchise and I don't have a particular weakness for petting mini games unless it involves pretty boys playing with each other's genitals but I see no reason to remove it
Comic_SansJan 26, 2016 12:57 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 26, 2016 12:55 PM

Jul 2010
Fuck the treehouse.
Jan 26, 2016 1:23 PM

Apr 2012
I hope you enjoy your stay, here in Hell.

Thankfully, there are no issues of censorship in the gaming industry.

It's all "localization". Kek.

Oh and, for anyone that wants a good site for gaming news.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 26, 2016 1:57 PM

Jan 2015
*Sigh* Better start learning Japanese.

I don't even give a shit about it. I just don't want things to be removed.
Jan 26, 2016 2:00 PM

May 2010
Fire Emblem is a baby game for babies. Everyone in their pretend army must respect everyone's personal space bubble.
Jan 26, 2016 2:03 PM

Apr 2012
Toasty_One said:

Hack your o3DS/n3DS if it's version 10.3>.

Pirate the game.

Get the fan translation.

Profit.

Autocrat said:
Jan 26, 2016 2:05 PM

Jan 2015
Immahnoob said:
Toasty_One said:

Pirate the game.

Get the fan translation.

Profit.

Nah, nah can't do that.

Fan translation isn't the official translation. Can't handle that.
Jan 26, 2016 2:08 PM

Apr 2012
Toasty_One said:
Immahnoob said:

Pirate the game.

Get the fan translation.

Profit.

Nah, nah can't do that.

Fan translation isn't the official translation. Can't handle that.
The fan translation is accurate unlike the NoA bullshit. NoA will fucking butcher this game.

Autocrat said:
Jan 26, 2016 2:11 PM

Apr 2014
It'll be just Teletubbies by the time it comes out.
Jan 26, 2016 2:19 PM

Nov 2008
Failure Emblem: Fucked Over

Don't support this result of NoA's corporate tyranny and the Pokemonization of this title.

Jan 26, 2016 2:25 PM

Apr 2012
If anyone needs help with n3DS/o3DS hacking and all that, you can PM me.

Autocrat said:
Jan 26, 2016 2:26 PM

Nov 2008
Immahnoob said:
If anyone needs help with n3DS/o3DS hacking and all that, you can PM me.

Yeah, fuck NoA with 70 ft Saguaro cactus.

Jan 26, 2016 2:28 PM

Feb 2010
So they are removing the bad things?

It doesn't take away the fact that the original game had that otaku pandering shit though.
Jan 26, 2016 2:28 PM

Aug 2014
Preorder canceled. Even Pokemon could handle petting.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 26, 2016 2:34 PM

Jun 2014
I 100% saw this coming, no idea why people were surprised

I knew that tons of features would get removed or rewarked when they made the US release date that much further in this modern age.

Plus that stuff with you giving someone a straight potion is definitely also removed, US version probably lets everyone be bi so SJWs will shut the fuck up.
Jan 26, 2016 2:38 PM

Apr 2012
Jerkhov said:
I 100% saw this coming, no idea why people were surprised

I knew that tons of features would get removed when they made the US release date that much further in this modern age.

Plus that stuff with you giving someone a straight potion is definitely also removed, US version probably lets everyone be bi so SJWs will shut the fuck up.
Actually, the whole "straight potion" and "gay conversion" bullshit is false. The original never had such a thing.

The MC did indeed give her the powder without her knowing, but as usual, I make the greatest of arguments, so here you go:

It has spoilers.

Autocrat said:
Jan 26, 2016 2:44 PM

May 2010
In a series plagued with murder, poisoning, genocide, rape, and incest, I can hardly believe that what ultimately gets cut is face rubbing.
Jan 26, 2016 2:46 PM

Apr 2012
Thrashinuva said:
In a series plagued with murder, poisoning, genocide, rape, and incest, I can hardly believe that what ultimately gets cut is face rubbing.
Oh, don't worry, they'll find a way to ALTER IT.

Hah, offensive material in my game? Not on Amerintendont's watch.

Autocrat said:
Jan 26, 2016 2:51 PM

Feb 2015
It shouldn't have been in a Fire Emblem game in the first place. Though, the least they could do is lower the price of the game since it contains less content than the Japanese version now to make up for it.
Jan 26, 2016 3:21 PM

Oct 2009
That's the dumbest thing to remove from a game. It's so innocent. It's like if Nintendo removed Pokemon-Amie from X & Y cause why the fuck not. What is wrong with you, Nintendo?

Is this Reggie's fault? I've noticed a distinct lack of common sense when it comes to NOA.

Jan 26, 2016 3:27 PM

Jun 2014
lucjan said:
That's the dumbest thing to remove from a game. It's so innocent. It's like if Nintendo removed Pokemon-Amie from X & Y cause why the fuck not. What is wrong with you, Nintendo?

Your pokemon don't moan and blush when you pet them, sure they close their eyes but they don't look that turned on. Though I'll admit pokemon amie is pretty sexual with the more humanoid pokemon like Lopunny.

It's definitely not innocent though, it's obviously to appeal to its majority otaku fans.
Jan 26, 2016 3:31 PM

Apr 2012
There's still no excuse for them to remove this.

Autocrat said:
Jan 26, 2016 3:31 PM

Nov 2008
Jerkhov said:
lucjan said:

Your pokemon don't moan and blush when you pet them, sure they close their eyes but they don't look that turned on. Though I'll admit pokemon amie is pretty sexual with the more humanoid pokemon like Lopunny.

It's definitely not innocent though, it's obviously to appeal to its majority otaku fans.

Blushing is sexual? Really?

Jan 26, 2016 3:33 PM

Jun 2011
Milennin said:
It shouldn't have been in a Fire Emblem game in the first place.

Doesn't matter. Censorship isn't okay just because it's "better that way", as some people are surely going to use as an excuse.
Jan 26, 2016 3:35 PM

Oct 2009
Jerkhov said:
lucjan said:

I don't recall reading about petting involving the girl spreading her ass cheeks while you pet her. The moaning can obviously be handled interpretatively.

Jan 26, 2016 3:37 PM

Jun 2014
Immahnoob said:

I'm not arguing for the removal, I'm just saying that you can't say something like that is solely innocent.
Jan 26, 2016 3:38 PM

May 2010
If it's such a problem then don't put it in the game to begin with. Are the Japanese really that much more mature than we are that they are capable of handling that feature and we can't?
Jan 26, 2016 3:53 PM

Apr 2012
Thrashinuva said:
If it's such a problem then don't put it in the game to begin with. Are the Japanese really that much more mature than we are that they are capable of handling that feature and we can't?
Please, Japan also has sucky censorship going on. Their customers are also against it usually.

Autocrat said:
Jan 26, 2016 4:07 PM

Dec 2011
WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?
Jan 26, 2016 5:07 PM
Dec 2015
Here we go again, people caring about what people may or may not be turned on by. Did I mention that this feature isn't even mandatory, alongside the pairing system as a whole?
Jan 26, 2016 5:26 PM

Sep 2013
This.
Xenoblade Chronicles.
Fatal Frame.

When will it end? Why can't they just translate the dialogue/text and deliver the product?
Jan 26, 2016 5:54 PM

Nov 2012
Nintendo being hyper-sensitive shits again. You know, SEGA shipped Project Diva F's English localization with petting mechanics completely intact, and I struggle to find even one review that bitches about it being in there whenever I look it up on Amazon. When is Nintendo going to realize that the kind of western demographics that are interested in these types of games are already well acquainted with Japanese culture? And for those that aren't, these kinds of features serve as an amusing distraction at worst.

Not that I consider it a huge loss again anyway (I don't even play Fire Emblem), but it still continually speaks to Nintendo's unbearable cautiousness to the point of irritation. Everything has to be a carefully scrutinized calculation, pre-approved by a committee of maximally uptight prudes to ensure that even Grumpy Cat can find no fault with it. Nintendo could actually take some pointers from SEGA for once.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Jan 26, 2016 6:11 PM

Mar 2013
Not surprise for me. My plan of purchasing this game was tinkered even before this news and now might be the dagger.
Jan 26, 2016 9:04 PM

Jan 2013
Already imported and played it~
Jan 26, 2016 9:11 PM

Jul 2012
I'm starting to consider just quitting buying Nintendo games altogether instead of just not buying their censored titles. Ooh, and it would appear 3DS emulation is making great progress....
Jan 26, 2016 9:11 PM

Feb 2012
Jerkhov said:
Immahnoob said:

I'm not arguing for the removal, I'm just saying that you can't say something like that is solely innocent.

Why should it be innocent? Are you a soccer mom or a bible nut by chance?
Jan 26, 2016 10:10 PM

Feb 2015
Narmy said:
Milennin said:
It shouldn't have been in a Fire Emblem game in the first place.

Doesn't matter. Censorship isn't okay just because it's "better that way", as some people are surely going to use as an excuse.

I didn't say it was okay. I'd never support censorship even if I don't agree with the stuff it censors. I was already on the fence about buying this game, but now that it's getting censorship-butchered I have even less reason to get this.
Jan 27, 2016 5:16 AM

Aug 2015
More censorship? I went and watched this mini game on YouTube as well. It isn't graphic, or suggestive in any way really. Even if it was, I'd still be against censorship. Put the proper rating on the box if they feel its so bad and release it. I would almost start my argument of how sexuality is still way too taboo here in the West, but this is just too simple and harmless, I can't even begin.
"More than the cherry blossoms,
Inviting a wind to blow them away,
I am wondering what to do,
With the remaining springtime."

-Asano Naganori
Jan 27, 2016 5:46 AM
May 2009
Always with the ruining of games for western releases.

Hacking consoles is the way forward, forget paying for western releases.
Jan 27, 2016 5:54 AM

Apr 2012
As I said, anyone needs help with hacking the 3DS, I'm right here.

Autocrat said:
Jan 27, 2016 6:40 AM

Nov 2014
Awwww! I thought it was pretty cute.
I wanted to pet Selena!
VarunaBlesJan 27, 2016 6:47 AM
Jan 27, 2016 7:08 AM

Apr 2010
Dunno how much will it help, or affect Nintendo's decision, but there's this dude that started a petition against the censoring of the game, and gathered quite a few signs.

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-do-not-censor-fire-emblem-fates-for-it-s-worldwide-release
Jan 27, 2016 7:18 AM

Apr 2012
Shirou- said:
Dunno how much will it help, or affect Nintendo's decision, but there's this dude that started a petition against the censoring of the game, and gathered quite a few signs.

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-do-not-censor-fire-emblem-fates-for-it-s-worldwide-release
That's too old to matter.

Autocrat said:
Jan 27, 2016 12:35 PM

Jul 2007
I see no problem with gross and obscene otaku-catering "features" being removed. Buying this first day I can.
Jan 27, 2016 12:49 PM

Nov 2011
Fai said:
I see no problem with gross and obscene otaku-catering "features" being removed. Buying this first day I can.

>"but have you even seen the petting..?"
>nope, why?
it's literally just a girl on screen blushing. unless you think that's "obscene" and needed to be removed.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jan 27, 2016 1:31 PM

Jun 2011
Fai said:

>gross
There's that word again.

DreamingBeats said:
it's literally just a girl on screen blushing.

Or a guy. You can pet both sexes, isn't that progressive?
Pages (27) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

51 by juanlqr »»
4 minutes ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - 3 hours ago

0 by _Nette_ »»
3 hours ago

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

Ex-Aid - Yesterday

4 by _Nette_ »»
4 hours ago

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

31 by Timeline_man »»
8 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3719 by creepylurker »»
Yesterday, 2:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.