Forum Settings
Forums

MyCrunchyList - extension to search between Crunchyroll & MyAnimeList.

New
Jan 24, 2016 2:35 PM

Jan 2016

MyCrunchyList

Konnichiwa MAL!
I developed a Chrome extension to make it fast and easy to search Anime and Manga
between MyAnimeList and Crunchyroll.

Get it on Chrome web store

About
No more need to copy-paste Anime and Manga titles between sites.
with a single click you can search the title on the other site, then watch/read and add it to your List or Queue!

It's a lightweight extension, developed using plain vanilla JavaScript, no libraries, no API.
Modify only required pages. No tracking codes, no phishing, no ads.
Freeware!
Official website - MyCrunchyList.com

Screenshots

Features
* Open links in a lightbox or a new tab
* Search using English Titles
* Enlarge search results images

Me!
My name is Gil, 30 years old from Israel, a web developer who loves watching Anime ^_^
still being new to the otaku world, have a lot to learn, mostly into kawaii shows.
Feel free to add me on Crunchyroll and look at my list on MyAnimeList.

Open Source
The full code is available on Github, for you to learn and contribute.

Support
For questions and bug reports please visit the extension support Google group

Contact
info@MyCrunchyList.com

ArdanazJan 24, 2016 2:58 PM
Jan 24, 2016 2:41 PM

Oct 2015
Woah, dayum....That's actually pretty cool^
Jan 24, 2016 2:41 PM

May 2014
For some reason I thought this was some kind of announcement of an early April fools

So good job it looks that official
Jan 24, 2016 3:08 PM

Jan 2016
First, sorry for posting it in the wrong forum section, and thank you for moving it to the correct one :)

Ushi_Chan said:
Woah, dayum....That's actually pretty cool^

Thanks ^_^

Temmie said:
For some reason I thought this was some kind of announcement of an early April fools

So good job it looks that official

LOL! Thanks, it indeed took me *a lot* of time to style it and all that, I'm totally exhausted! XD
Please let me know if it works fine, if it any good or just rubbish ;)
Jan 24, 2016 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
Lovely presentation, useful add-on, good job!
Jan 25, 2016 4:45 AM

Jan 2016
Recuvan said:
Lovely presentation, useful add-on, good job!

Thanks!
If you will have ideas for additional features to be added then please let me know :)
Jan 25, 2016 7:41 AM

Apr 2015
This is actually pretty cool good job dude.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2016 3:17 PM

Jan 2016
Anticlimatic said:
This is actually pretty cool good job dude.

Thanks dude! enjoy :)
Jan 25, 2016 3:23 PM
Jul 2018
How much time have u actually spent on coding that?
Jan 26, 2016 8:18 AM

Jan 2016
Recuvan said:
How much time have u actually spent on coding that?

It actually took a full WEEK to develop it, I started it as just a "small nice fun weekend project" to do, as the idea is really simple and easy to do.

but! BUT! both Crunchyroll and MAL websites really sucks when it's comes to code (unfortunately, sorry), both do not have a specific CSS class name or ID to each page, so I was need to combine both reading the url of the page and look for specific elements inside each page to decide which page is it, and then to search more into the elements to decide if it's an anime or a manga page, which is like 30% of the code and caused of lots of headaches.
After that to get the title of an item was a total nightmare! again there are no really CSS class names to titles and each page or section is different, so again doing lots of workarounds and it's taking like another 30% of the code instead of a single line LOL (not funny at all).
And last is the issue that MAL uses the original Japanese title names and Crunchyroll is using the English titles so I was need to add Ajax calls (which I really wanted to avoid for faster performance) to the inside of each item single page and to look there for the English title if and there is any at all, and ones again there are no CSS class names to that part too (how surprising right?) so again do lots of workaround to grab the English title. and yep these are only the issues on MAL, there are some crazy stuff going on Crunchyroll too.
So nope it totally wasn't the fun weekend project that I thought it will be LOL.

But at least I made it happen, and made it open source for others who may want to develop something to work on MAL or Crunchyroll can make use of, or in general to understand the idea of how to identify a page and find elements without specific class/id names, and all with no jQuery and no other libraries just plain "vanilla" JavaScript.
Feb 20, 2016 8:34 AM

Jan 2016
v0.0.0.6:

Now supports the new modern lists styles, while also supports the classic style.
The new version should automatically reach you shortly.

Feb 25, 2016 12:03 PM

Jan 2016
v0.0.0.7:

Now also support the people pages.
Sorry I'm still new here so I wasn't aware of it being exist till an hour ago when MAL published a post about a voice actor's birthday.
If you find that there are any other sections on this site that I missed then please let me know :)

Mar 22, 2016 4:16 PM

Jan 2016
v0.0.0.8:

Fixed the big images feature in the search results on MyAnimeList within a lightbox from Crunchyroll.
(This is due to a core change from MAL in the image src url)
Jul 1, 2016 8:11 AM

Jan 2016
v0.0.1.0:

MyAnimeList fixes:
- Fixed the feature of big images in MAL search lightbox (opens form Crunchyroll).
- Fixed category pages.
- Added support for the new "Videos" page.

More topics from this board

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - 2 hours ago

4 by Kinspie13 »»
3 minutes ago

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
1 hour ago

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
5 hours ago

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

19 by loligoth666 »»
Today, 9:23 AM

» Show us your latest sketch or drawing v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Feb 21, 2017

1629 by loligoth666 »»
Today, 8:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.