Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 22, 2016 7:25 AM
Jan 2016
I really want to find out what manga's have a good enough story that could make you cry because it was so touching, or even get so annoyed by it that you ranted to your friends of how terrible it was.
Also what do you think the reason was for your reaction?
was it the characters?
the setting/world?
the illustrations?
the story?
Jan 22, 2016 7:50 AM

May 2015
Berserk for one thing. That manga is geared to destroy your emotions.
OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
-Firstly, all the characters in Berserk are the type that you'd either feel entranced with immediately as you encounter them or they'd grow on you subtly. When I began the manga I immediately liked Guts, the MC (who doesn't like Guts??? Even his name is bad-ass). But i kept finding myself wishing that Judeau would get his own manga. The point is, almost everyone you encounter in Berserk leaves some kind of effect on you. Even some of the people that are just there to be killed i.e background characters.
-The Berserk world is quite fascinating and at the same time dark and depressing. As you coast along with the different characters and some backstories, you feel rage, sympathy and ALL the emotions that we humans are made with.
-Berserk has the best and most detailed illustrations I've ever seen. There's a reason its the #1 manga around here. 'Nuff said.
-The story itself is worthy of all the awards and nominations we have. I'd give it a 100/10
Jan 22, 2016 8:23 AM
Jun 2015
Pandora Hearts, Pandora Hearts and Pandora hearts. I actually love PH more than I should to an unhealthy level. I would explain why I love Pandora Hearts so much but I'm actually planning on making an incredibly detailed and blog post why Pandora Hearts is such an amazing and beautiful tale. So for now, here's an image of one of the best character casts I've seen:
JunkAccount101Jan 22, 2016 8:32 AM
Jan 22, 2016 11:46 AM

Oct 2012
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan because of the story. I've never cried that much reading something, even a longer story.
Others are Orange and Pandora Hearts.
Jan 22, 2016 3:01 PM

Oct 2007
One Piece definitely. Well, sometimes I can see through the pathos, but most of the time I can get very emotional with what's going on. I really like the characters and they made the world of the manga grow on me.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jan 22, 2016 4:00 PM

Sep 2015
Solanin for true feels and Planetes for a huge smile on my face. Different types of emotion.
Jan 23, 2016 2:46 AM

Jan 2016
JewellTH said:
Pandora Hearts, Pandora Hearts and Pandora hearts. I actually love PH more than I should to an unhealthy level. I would explain why I love Pandora Hearts so much but I'm actually planning on making an incredibly detailed and blog post why Pandora Hearts is such an amazing and beautiful tale. So for now, here's an image of one of the best character casts I've seen:

Totally agreed. I've been bingereading Pandora Hearts in one week. That ending of Pandora Hearts made me cry :(.
Also Tokyo Ghoul is so emotionally and full of climatic scenes. Fuck Ishida shows no mercy. I am just kidding. I love Ishida :(...
Jan 23, 2016 2:47 AM

May 2015
+1 Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan

Jan 23, 2016 2:48 AM

Nov 2015
Shounen ai, you know the really fluffy stuff :))))

Jan 23, 2016 2:37 PM
Jan 2015
Pandora Hearts definitely.
Jan 23, 2016 2:42 PM

Jun 2014
One Piece and I've only read like 150 chapters of it

Oda's just really good at portraying emotions through art
Jan 23, 2016 11:20 PM
Sep 2015
Kittens-kun said:
+1 Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
Yes. I agree to this too.

But one of the others will be "Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu" because the guy has heart problems and "ORANGE" because it's legit feels.

If you're just looking for manga's that are just plain drama then (manhwa) "100% perfect girl" and "Goong" will slay your soul. NOT EVEN KIDDING.
ThatGirl_Jan 24, 2016 12:40 AM
Jan 23, 2016 11:51 PM
Jan 2015
Berna to Garland.

Lost of Vision,
Guide Dog,
Dog got Cataracts,
Death of dog...

The complete emotional package.
Jan 24, 2016 2:53 AM

Jan 2016
Oyasumi punpun
Berserk
onanie master kurosawa
Jan 24, 2016 2:54 AM

Sep 2009
The highly rated ones on my list, and I'm sure the same applies to pretty much anyone.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 26, 2016 12:21 AM

Jun 2015
Beyond the blindfold, Hotarubi no mori e, Watashitachi shiawase no jikan, Ouran High School, honey and clover.
ArekiaJan 27, 2016 6:19 AM
Jan 26, 2016 1:45 AM
Aug 2013
Oyasumi Punpun, Onanie Master Kurosawa, Ao Haru Ride and Orange (this one was just too much for me).
Jan 27, 2016 5:43 AM
Jan 2016
Thanks to everyone for your responses!! :D
Jan 27, 2016 7:39 AM
Jul 2015
Fruits Basket and I'm barely beginning!
The stories here are so beautiful and the way you empathize with every character, their fears and hopes it's fantastic, its like you can feel it yourself.
And the lesson every chapters gives you, that life is beautiful and you should never give up even if you are going through one of the darkest moments of your life, I just love this manga.
Jan 29, 2016 1:28 AM

Jul 2009
Full Moon wo Sagashite. The last few chapters in the last volume make me cry on demand.
Jan 29, 2016 6:01 PM
Jun 2015
Death Note
Its not only about detective game to caught kira
But friendship between Light and L was very touched me
Jan 30, 2016 1:10 AM

May 2009
JewellTH said:

I know right! Each chapter, there are just no words for it. The plot, the twists, the surprises... The heartbreaking scenes. Oh, the tragedy.... :(((((( </3

Also, Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden. My emotions overflow in this one as well... I can't remember if I cried while reading this though but I am so sure that it greatly affected my everyday life lol. However, I can't continue reading it yet since it was already serialized. In the near future tho.

And as for emotional in a not-sad way, like irritation or ranting, Ao Haru Ride is on my list. XD Don't get me wrong, I love the manga... I just can't stand Kou's decision for the midpart. Ughh... D: But I still love Kou <3
MagePhairaJan 30, 2016 1:15 AM

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Jan 31, 2016 1:13 PM

Dec 2014
Kodomo no Omocha... the feels, the feels! The characters and their stories are both beautiful and heartbreaking at times, dealing with issues like child neglect, homelessness, infant abandonment, adoption and the insecurities and fears both children and their parents feel that an adopted family might one day be torn apart... the series is emotional gold. The final scene between a child and the birth mother who abandoned her makes me cry every time.
Jan 31, 2016 2:03 PM

Jan 2014
MagePhaira said:
JewellTH said:

I know right! Each chapter, there are just no words for it. The plot, the twists, the surprises... The heartbreaking scenes. Oh, the tragedy.... :(((((( </3

Also, Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden. My emotions overflow in this one as well... I can't remember if I cried while reading this though but I am so sure that it greatly affected my everyday life lol. However, I can't continue reading it yet since it was already serialized. In the near future tho.

And as for emotional in a not-sad way, like irritation or ranting, Ao Haru Ride is on my list. XD Don't get me wrong, I love the manga... I just can't stand Kou's decision for the midpart. Ughh... D: But I still love Kou <3

+many for pandora hearts, I really hope this to have remake till the end. Like HxH 2011 I think it deserve top spot
Jan 31, 2016 7:22 PM

Feb 2015
Reimei no Arcana, because of:
the settings - such a cruel society
the story
the ending - both happy and sad, I cried a river!
Jan 31, 2016 7:35 PM

Mar 2014
Vampire Knight

I felt so bad for Zero throughout the story. Yuki was super selfish with the way she would string him along and settle for him whenever Kaname wasn't around. Then, once Kaname came back, she went right back to him without question.
Feb 11, 2016 10:47 AM

Nov 2014
Orange said:
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan because of the story. I've never cried that much reading something, even a longer story.

Same as you. Ithink it was a really touching story. I can't understand, witht he currently trend of get the felllzzzz shows, how can they let this manga pass without an anime adaptation.
Feb 18, 2016 2:08 PM

Jan 2014
Inu x Boku SS.

"With all due respect, if you keep running your mouth, I'm gonna lose it."
Feb 18, 2016 2:19 PM

Nov 2012
Orange said:
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan because of the story
I almost cried while reading this wile on on the job in the working office. Soooo this comment! go read it now op!

Edit: Candy bullets got me teary too.
Feb 18, 2016 2:24 PM

Jun 2013
Almost every favorite manga.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1054 by Francis_0 »»
6 hours ago

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

37 by PlasticRobot »»
Yesterday, 3:47 PM

» Do you guys read manga online or physically? ( 1 2 )

LemonXChio - Oct 27, 2023

66 by Oofmastre9000 »»
Yesterday, 1:50 PM

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

8 by YeeYeeAss »»
Yesterday, 1:33 PM

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

376 by HapHazrD »»
Yesterday, 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.