Forum Settings
Forums

The attitude towards overweight people and fat acceptance

New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 27, 2016 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
Some obese people have health problems (heart disease), also it can be genes etc..
I'm not even close to being fat and find such "acceptance" problem ridiculous.
Jul 21, 2016 8:31 AM
Jul 2016
Yeah, it can be but I highly doubt that . There are interesting researches and people can be very understanding sometimes
Jul 21, 2016 9:06 AM

Apr 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
lilcoffeebean said:

Obesity is always a symptom of something, whether it be lack of activity, poor eating habits, a medical condition, side effects of medication, issue's with mental health, the price of healthy food alternatives, or imo a rather rare case, laziness.

Regardless, in the last 20 years the rate of obesity in children has more than quadrupled and I don't think that can be blamed on any one single factor. I do however agree that the education system plays a role in this, from poor food choices, to lack of quality education on health etc. However, I think in the end, the educational system, parents, and to some extent the government all have a responsibility towards children and there are cases where only one (or none) of them are meeting that responsibility. It doesn't matter how many issue's lead up to causing obesity though, if none of them are addressed, change can't be expected.

The problem is, we mostly blame food. That's the most productive critique because it can get vegetable producers money.

However, I don't think people will be less fat if we'd only eat vegetable. Maybe alittle, but without exercise and with constant confinement how much will it change?

I don't think we blame the food as much as we blame how much some people actually eat the food. And exercise is important, of course, but the thing that actually leads to becoming fat, in most cases, is consuming too much energy compared to how much you actually use it. So, while exercise is important, the most important thing in losing weight is still the right diet.
Also, if people only ate (decent amounts) of vegetable, they wouldn't get 'maybe a little less fat'' they'd become pretty normal in some time.
mistaleJul 21, 2016 10:04 AM
Jul 21, 2016 9:11 AM

Jun 2016
I don't hate them, they can do whatever the hell they want with their bodies(the ones who actually caused it themselves of course), others' bodyweight and build has nothing to do with me so it's cool ya dig?That's what everyone should do so long as the person in question isn't in a life threatening situation because of their bodyweight.
Jul 21, 2016 9:13 AM

Jun 2015
Obesity is not a race. It is not a religion. It is not healthy. It is not visually appealing. Why should we accept obesity?
Jul 21, 2016 9:32 AM

Jan 2014
It's not okay to be overweight, period. There are health risks associated with being obese. I can acknowledge and accept anyone as the person that they are, but I can't do the same with their problems and say that one thing is right when it isn't.
Jul 21, 2016 9:53 AM

Jun 2016
We can put them in giant hamster wheels and make them power entire city blocks. Or we could burn their fat like whale oil. I think I just solved our energy crisis!
Jul 21, 2016 10:04 AM

Feb 2016
The fact that "fat acceptance" is a thing is an indicator that America is in a terrible place
Jul 21, 2016 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
I don't think they should be bullied or anything but I don't think it should be encouraged

If enough people get fat enough the healthcare system in my country would fall apart

There should be more education on what proper nutrition is, most people are completely unaware
Jul 21, 2016 11:13 AM

May 2014
any society should encourage its people to be healthy, that seems pretty straightforward.
I've been here way too long...
Jul 22, 2016 2:24 AM
Jul 2016
I think people got a little more tolerated and there are interesting researches that show it . I personally like overweight people
Jul 22, 2016 2:38 AM

Sep 2012
the thing is, people think being body posi applies to them even if they're 50 pounds overweight.
yeah you should love yourself, but being overweight isn't healthy at all, for anyone. it's not okay at all to shame them, but it's stupid to have a carefree attitude towards it and just go "IT'S OKAY, YOU'RE PERFECTLY FINE THE WAY YOU ARE" because they actually aren't 90% of the time.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Jul 23, 2016 4:37 AM

May 2015
mistale said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

The problem is, we mostly blame food. That's the most productive critique because it can get vegetable producers money.

However, I don't think people will be less fat if we'd only eat vegetable. Maybe alittle, but without exercise and with constant confinement how much will it change?

I don't think we blame the food as much as we blame how much some people actually eat the food. And exercise is important, of course, but the thing that actually leads to becoming fat, in most cases, is consuming too much energy compared to how much you actually use it. So, while exercise is important, the most important thing in losing weight is still the right diet.
Also, if people only ate (decent amounts) of vegetable, they wouldn't get 'maybe a little less fat'' they'd become pretty normal in some time.

Currently, our lives are static. I spent very little of my day actually working physically. What if we ate a lot like we do, but did physical work most of the day?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jul 23, 2016 4:59 AM

Sep 2015
It should be treated like smoking. Accepted but not necessarily seen as a good thing, and also encouraged to lose weight like people are encouraged to stop smoking. You also should try as hard as possible to prevent your children from becoming overweight

It's not like I particularly care whether a person is fat or not, it's their life
Apr 18, 2017 5:04 AM
Apr 2017
Google Getto Read....Google Getto Read....Google Getto Read...Google Getto Read...Google Getto Read...Google Getto Read
Apr 18, 2017 5:40 AM

Mar 2009
I don't find them sexually attractive but otherwise I don't care if someone's fat.
But maybe I could be a little bit biased against them... Like if we were planning on going for a swim, I would not invite the fat one, because I'd think he's fat, he doesn't like swimming.

Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Apr 18, 2017 12:54 PM

Nov 2012
khunter said:

Were all those girls supposed to be considered overweight? If so, I guess I like fat chicks.

I love me some meat on the bones, and a little bit of barbecue juice too. I don't see an issue with a round girl, as long as it is delightful to the eyes.

Nevertheless, when it's out of proportions and causes health repercussions, one should then be warned.

Personally, I have no problem with overweight people. Hating them is not the right way to show them that you care about their welfare. Accepting them, and then, guiding them is the right thing to do. If they are okay with the state of affairs, then don't push it, if they show a motivation to change, then encourage them.

Apr 20, 2017 12:06 AM
Jul 2018
You can't blame them for being overweight. Food is like drug. If we accept smokers why not accept overweight person?

I don't care if someone's overweight or not but If a person I care about is overweight I just feel like I should do something. Don't get me wrong though, I don't care about his/her appearance but health.
removed-userApr 20, 2017 12:19 AM
Apr 20, 2017 12:15 AM

Oct 2016
I see nothing wrong with this movement as long as they won't subtly encourage people TO BECOME fat or continue their unhealthy living.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Apr 20, 2017 3:29 AM

May 2015
_xDane_ said:
I see nothing wrong with this movement as long as they won't subtly encourage people TO BECOME fat or continue their unhealthy living.

No one encourages anyone to be fat. The opposite movement actually encourages people to kill themselves, so which is worse?
Apr 20, 2017 3:47 AM

Feb 2008
I guess it's just hard for me to understand since losing weight is as simple as counting how many calories you're consuming. It takes one or maybe two minutes a day. I lost close to 40 pounds since September, going from a 24.5 BMI to a 19.5 BMI, and it was never some great test of willpower or stamina. Diets don't involve starving yourself, eating salads, and going to gyms all day - it is just about eating moderately. Discipline is a good skill to have.
Apr 20, 2017 10:19 AM

Sep 2015
I'm pretty sure most fat people are aware that they're not healthy. A lot of them will be trying to loose weight, and can't be doing with all the negativity and don't want to be called out all the time for being fat
Apr 20, 2017 10:38 AM

Nov 2011
Veronin said:
I guess it's just hard for me to understand since losing weight is as simple as counting how many calories you're consuming. It takes one or maybe two minutes a day. I lost close to 40 pounds since September, going from a 24.5 BMI to a 19.5 BMI, and it was never some great test of willpower or stamina. Diets don't involve starving yourself, eating salads, and going to gyms all day - it is just about eating moderately. Discipline is a good skill to have.

different people have different metabolic rates. also, i remember reading somewhere that people with higher amounts of "brown" fat have an easier time losing weight - and some ethnic groups such as asians supposedly have more of it.

on another note, when talking about fat, people (even health professionals) mistakenly use an individual's weight or bmi - which can be misleading (people with high muscle mass and those with sedentary life style are lumped together as "overweight" by only considering bmi)
waist measurement is a far more accurate way of accessing one's health, since it's independent of muscle mass.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 20, 2017 10:48 AM

Sep 2012
the movement is predicated on virgin redditors cause it's the only thing that'll help them get laid.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Apr 20, 2017 11:13 AM

Jan 2017
My opinion on fat people is according to this video xD

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Apr 20, 2017 2:28 PM
Dec 2014
Depends what the movements is about. If it means that fat people should be able to choose their own lifestyle without being bullied, then sure. If it means lying about the risks of being overweight, then no.

@Veronin

You -might- revisit that statement in 10-15 years. I calorie counted since my late teens, and used to say the exact same thing, didn't believe the people who said it gets harder until I saw an substantial change in my own metabolic rate.

Teens: I had to eat in excess of 3800 calories / day to *maintain* my weight while leading a sedentary lifestyle. I was one of the people with crazy fast resting metabolism and I'd lose weight if I didn't shove a lot of food down my throat and I calorie counted to -ensure- that I was eating enough. And the body seemed to adjust if even if I greatly increased food intake (for a period of time, I was eating 5000 calories / day and saw no appreciable change). During my early teens school wanted to raise tuition (which included lunch) because they thought I was eating too much. Not kidding (the chef loved me though, as fussy teenagers complained cafeteria food, I was going for second, third, etc. you get the idea).

Mid to late twenties: 2800 calories would break even. Calorie counting was most accurate then, although my metabolic rate was still very fast for someone my size/age. It is pretty much as you described, if I saw my abs getting less defined, I'd just do some light cutting to my diet (skip dessert every other day), and or go to the gym a few times for a month and my body fat % would drop from a peak of about 12.5% to about 8-10%.

The last two years: I've seen my metabolic rate crash. Body fat struggles to stay under 12.5% (typically towards 15%), and usually hoovers around 15%. BMI is getting stuck on the upper side of the normal range. I eat nearly half as much as I did only a few years ago (1400-1500 calories, and if I cut further, the body's metabolism just slows down to match it anyway). And I exercise far more than I ever did when I was younger. During the winter, I snowboard 6 hours / day, 6 times per week, either training or teaching; and outside winter I still try to keep in shape so that I am ready for the following winter (I mix strength training with HIIT, both of which are supposed to help with increasing metabolism, and participate is some long distance events). Last year I completed a 125km hiking event, which is funny as I struggled with even half-marathons during my teens.

tldr: Enjoy your easy weight loss, but don't expect it to last forever. The metabolism can adjust quite a lot (speed up or slows down), in such a way that makes calorie counting not quite as reliable as I wanted to believe. This is also evident for people who are under certain medications.
Apr 21, 2017 4:09 AM

May 2015
DreamingBeats said:
Veronin said:

different people have different metabolic rates. also, i remember reading somewhere that people with higher amounts of "brown" fat have an easier time losing weight - and some ethnic groups such as asians supposedly have more of it.

on another note, when talking about fat, people (even health professionals) mistakenly use an individual's weight or bmi - which can be misleading (people with high muscle mass and those with sedentary life style are lumped together as "overweight" by only considering bmi)
waist measurement is a far more accurate way of accessing one's health, since it's independent of muscle mass.

BMI is such obvious horseshit that I can't believe people take it seriously. Everything has weight, including bones and muscles and organs - so what the fuck?
Apr 21, 2017 4:16 AM

Dec 2015
Fat people disgust me, don't they know how unhealthy being fat is?

Now if you'll excuse me it's midday, which means I need to go smoke some cigarettes and drink a massive slug of whiskey.
Apr 21, 2017 11:36 AM
Dec 2014
DreamingBeats said:

While it is true that BMI isn't perfect, I have never seen a health professional look at an BMI result, and tell a clearly muscular athlete that they have an weight issue. BMI is used for it's simplicity, but given that most people aren't outliners (most of whom are quite easy to identify), it works reasonably as a quick diagnosis. Most devices designed to measure body fat percentage aren't perfect either, and not everyone have access to/can justify doing a DEXA scan.
Apr 22, 2017 1:35 AM

May 2015
AxBattler said:
DreamingBeats said:

While it is true that BMI isn't perfect, I have never seen a health professional look at an BMI result, and tell a clearly muscular athlete that they have an weight issue. BMI is used for it's simplicity, but given that most people aren't outliners (most of whom are quite easy to identify), it works reasonably as a quick diagnosis. Most devices designed to measure body fat percentage aren't perfect either, and not everyone have access to/can justify doing a DEXA scan.

Fat percentage is a much better test than BMI, since at least you know how much fat you have compared to the rest of your body. This is important. Weight - heaviness - in and of itself isn't a problem.
Apr 22, 2017 12:02 PM
Dec 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
Fat percentage is a much better test than BMI, since at least you know how much fat you have compared to the rest of your body. This is important. Weight - heaviness - in and of itself isn't a problem.

Sure, if you can get accurate readings.

DEXA scans is probably as good as it gets, but there is a high cost in both money and time. Caliper measurements require some skill and time, and, also relies on empirical estimations (which is what BMI is based on). The BIA scales designed for home use also have various limitations which affects the accuracy, and they -also- uses empirical estimations to give an approximation of body fat %. They do not actually measure body fat - but the speed at which current pass through your body (and typically not the entity) - which can be affected by, namely, how hydrated you are, but also the distribution of your muscle in the body, then throw it into a formula based empirical estimations and display a nicely exact number (often to the decimals) which can, like the BMI, be really off on some individuals.

Now I am skipping a few other methods, but there is often a trade off between accuracy, cost (which is a big one for the better methods) and convenience. BMI, as a low tech method, with clear limitations, but it's not like the numbers were randomly made up.
Apr 22, 2017 3:36 PM

May 2015
AxBattler said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Sure, if you can get accurate readings.

DEXA scans is probably as good as it gets, but there is a high cost in both money and time. Caliper measurements require some skill and time, and, also relies on empirical estimations (which is what BMI is based on). The BIA scales designed for home use also have various limitations which affects the accuracy, and they -also- uses empirical estimations to give an approximation of body fat %. They do not actually measure body fat - but the speed at which current pass through your body (and typically not the entity) - which can be affected by, namely, how hydrated you are, but also the distribution of your muscle in the body, then throw it into a formula based empirical estimations and display a nicely exact number (often to the decimals) which can, like the BMI, be really off on some individuals.

Now I am skipping a few other methods, but there is often a trade off between accuracy, cost (which is a big one for the better methods) and convenience. BMI, as a low tech method, with clear limitations, but it's not like the numbers were randomly made up.

Biology is complex as hell, so no surprise that the more accurate it is the more expensive it is.

BMI is deceptive, though. It's not just limited, but oversimplifies and confuses your muscles with fat. In a culture where weight also has social value, this is a big problem.
Apr 22, 2017 8:56 PM
Dec 2014
@TheBrainintheJar

I don't buy it. If you have a high BMI made of muscle, no one, not your doctor, not your family, not your girlfriend, least of all, not you, will think/say "Oh geez, BMI is too high, time to cut some weight".

Most people, unfortunately, aren't packed with nearly enough muscle mass for to throw off the readings. Those that do, you can often tell with the bare minimum of observation and common sense.

This guy has a BMI of 38-42. 6.3% (that's about 20M) Americans have an BMI above 40, and the figure is rising. How many of those do you think are like that guy?

No it's not perfect, but given the impracticality of getting everyone a DEXA/MRI scan, low tech methodology based on statistical and empirical studies/estimations like the BMI, waist–hip ratio etc. are used. Other tech (BIA scale etc.), as already stated, can also be thrown off under certain circumstances. In a way, it is more dangerous when they get it wrong, because people are more likely to trust a machine that is kinda high tech, and frequently give a percentage down to the decimal yet they can get it pretty off too.
AxBattlerApr 22, 2017 9:06 PM
Apr 22, 2017 8:58 PM
Feb 2017
I'm not attracted to fat women but I know plenty of fat people who are good people. So who cares? Fat bashing is just stupid. Let them live how they want.
Apr 23, 2017 12:18 AM

May 2015
AxBattler said:
@TheBrainintheJar

I don't buy it. If you have a high BMI made of muscle, no one, not your doctor, not your family, not your girlfriend, least of all, not you, will think/say "Oh geez, BMI is too high, time to cut some weight".

Most people, unfortunately, aren't packed with nearly enough muscle mass for to throw off the readings. Those that do, you can often tell with the bare minimum of observation and common sense.

This guy has a BMI of 38-42. 6.3% (that's about 20M) Americans have an BMI above 40, and the figure is rising. How many of those do you think are like that guy?

No it's not perfect, but given the impracticality of getting everyone a DEXA/MRI scan, low tech methodology based on statistical and empirical studies/estimations like the BMI, waist–hip ratio etc. are used. Other tech (BIA scale etc.), as already stated, can also be thrown off under certain circumstances. In a way, it is more dangerous when they get it wrong, because people are more likely to trust a machine that is kinda high tech, and frequently give a percentage down to the decimal yet they can get it pretty off too.

What about people in the middle, who have a huge build and it's not clear - from the eye - where the muscle ends and the fat begins?

Do you know how they reached the cut-off point for BMI that says you're 'fat' anyway?
Apr 23, 2017 12:25 AM
Jul 2018
This thread makes me wanna watch My 600 Pound Life again.

Dr. No is up there with Dr. Paul
Apr 23, 2017 12:39 AM

Jan 2017
i can not judge since i do not know and will never know how they feel since whatever what i eat i can not gain a pound i eat 4 time a week a full pizza for the dinner and eat in the day like 2 big bag of ships and at the lunch i eat like 2 boal without mentioning the cola and chocolate that i eat and drink
Apr 23, 2017 1:44 AM

May 2013
Fat people... are fine, as far as I'm concerned. They add a spice of life to the world. I just hope that they are still active.. some people are fat even though they lead an active lifestyle, big boned if you will.

I mean it's fucking all good lol.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Apr 23, 2017 2:00 AM

Dec 2010
Chantez said:
What is your opinion on the 'fat acceptance' movement?
In my opinion, all it does is promote laziness. I'm fine with people being overweight as long as they are actually trying to get in shape and haven't tricked themselves into believing it's actually healthy to being overweight. The overweight aren't the ones with have to deal with their family member dying because they were 300lb.
I'm sure I'm going to piss plenty people off with this, but whatever.

Personally, I don't think there is any need to accept it. It's unhealthy. It's ok to shame smokers, but heaven forbid you tell some fatass to eat less crap and maybe exercise.
Apr 23, 2017 3:52 AM

Aug 2014
As people probably said before fat/chubby isn't overweight. Overweight is when it becomes unhealthy. No one is promoting being unhealthy, people are simply promoting acceptance of everyone, so that people won't look down on people with issues, so those people can actually be motivated to fix them, instead of having the feeling that everyone will be against them always and tumbling them into depression.

tl;dr just mind your own business
Apr 23, 2017 4:25 AM

Feb 2008
TheBrainintheJar said:

Though muscular people aren't fat or unhealthy, it should still be said that they are 'big'. If the goal is to make yourself thinner, then BMI is still a decent metric to use, especially so that you do not run into underweight territory. A >25 BMI may have exceptions, but a BMI of 18 or under is pretty much invariably bad.
Apr 23, 2017 4:46 AM
Jul 2018
TheEntropy said:
The fact that "fat acceptance" is a thing is an indicator that America is in a terrible place

Some of us aren't American.

Regardless, I couldn't give less of a fuck if someone is fat as long as it doesn't impact other people's lives. If they want to be over-weight, let them. If they are fat because of other bodily/health problems, then I don't have a problem - but I get mad as all hell when the ones who don't try to stay healthy complain about it.

tldr; People are fat, who cares?
Apr 23, 2017 9:46 AM
Dec 2014
Regnent said:
It's unhealthy. It's ok to shame smokers, but heaven forbid you tell some fatass to eat less crap and maybe exercise.

Still none of our business (unless you are the parent/guardian of an overweight minor). Being in the same room as a fat person isn't a health hazard in itself like second hand smoke. A considerate smoker who does it in private / in designated areas doesn't bother me at all though.

demonskul777 said:
As people probably said before fat/chubby isn't overweight.

That's the problem with loosely defined terms. To me, someone who is "chubby" on the upper end of what is still classed as normal (medically speaking) or a bit overweight. While the image I have of someone who is "fat" is most definitely overweight, if not obese.

Neither "chubby" nor "fat" are medical terms though, so they probably do not mean the same thing to everyone. That said, if you were to Google image "Fat people" and "Chubby people", you will find that it matches more closely to my descriptions.
Apr 23, 2017 10:26 AM

Mar 2016
People should not be encouraged to gain weight.
It's a disgusting movement. Why should people who are likely going to have health problems because of their eating choices/amount be accepted?
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Apr 23, 2017 8:52 PM

Dec 2010
AxBattler said:

Still none of our business (unless you are the parent/guardian of an overweight minor). Being in the same room as a fat person isn't a health hazard in itself like second hand smoke. A considerate smoker who does it in private / in designated areas doesn't bother me at all though.

It is none of my business, unless it affects me. I have to sit, or even move over a seat because someone is fat, I shouldn't have to be tolerant.
If I cannot get past a fat person, again.
etc.
I feel no need to target someone overweight, in fact I'm more accepting of heavier set people than underweight. Though, once a person starts in on the mass of two or three people, then I can't do much aside from shake my head.
Apr 23, 2017 9:58 PM
Dec 2014
@Regnent

I get that it could be an annoyance. But relative to smoking, I'd say that one might be an annoyance, while the other might an annoyance (unless you like the smell of tobacco) AND a health hazard (*). And the range is different too. The fattest person on earth might end up taking 5 seats (maybe), but I can a cigarette has a range of an actual room.

(*) Okay, I do have a story from a long, long time ago where an overweight kid at school fucked up during a trampoline class, lost control, flew out, landed on yours truly, dislocating my knee in the process. Not sure if a lighter person would've diminished the damage enough to prevent the need for surgery, but I shall assume that most people aren't as unfortunate to experience something similar.
Apr 23, 2017 10:40 PM

Dec 2010
AxBattler said:
@Regnent

I get that it could be an annoyance. But relative to smoking, I'd say that one might be an annoyance, while the other might an annoyance (unless you like the smell of tobacco) AND a health hazard (*). And the range is different too. The fattest person on earth might end up taking 5 seats (maybe), but I can a cigarette has a range of an actual room.

(*) Okay, I do have a story from a long, long time ago where an overweight kid at school fucked up during a trampoline class, lost control, flew out, landed on yours truly, dislocating my knee in the process. Not sure if a lighter person would've diminished the damage enough to prevent the need for surgery, but I shall assume that most people aren't as unfortunate to experience something similar.

I give you points for both. Bonus points for getting squashed by a fat kid. I though that shit only happened in fiction. lol.
Apr 23, 2017 11:09 PM

Apr 2017
Well... I would never insult or make fun of anyone for their weight, and I respect everyone... but technically, the fat acceptance movement isn't the most amazing thing in the world. Body acceptance is great; all bodies SHOULD be accepted for their flaws. But when a body carries so much mass that it causes an individual to develop health complications, it should cause concern.

In addition, surgeries and treatments for health complications that are direct results of obesity can take a toll on the economy. Here are some sources regarding that:

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/obesity-prevention-source/obesity-consequences/economic/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2891924/

http://www.politico.com/agenda/story/2017/03/obesity-epidemic-in-america-healthcare-costs-000336
If you like water you already like 75% of me

Apr 23, 2017 11:22 PM

Feb 2015
Tewi-sama said:
Fuck I don't know

These days I don't even understand how fat people can be fat. Do they just eat all day? I eat nothing but shit lately and I can't gain a single pound.

Dude same here, I must have a godlike metabolism lol
Apr 24, 2017 12:44 PM

May 2015
Veronin said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Though muscular people aren't fat or unhealthy, it should still be said that they are 'big'. If the goal is to make yourself thinner, then BMI is still a decent metric to use, especially so that you do not run into underweight territory. A >25 BMI may have exceptions, but a BMI of 18 or under is pretty much invariably bad.

Good point, but this is for a very specific aim of a body type. It's not necessarily a healthy body either.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
3 minutes ago

» What do you think about tourism in your country?

Sad - 5 minutes ago

0 by Sad »»
5 minutes ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

31 by Kooh »»
13 minutes ago

» Anyone had a Drought Emergancy declared for their area?

vasipi4946 - 6 hours ago

10 by Sad »»
15 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

13 by xthewarwithinx »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.