Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Mar 27, 2016 7:52 PM

Jun 2013
Again:

This is gonna rekt Erased's face.

Summer season shall be THE SEASON.
Mar 27, 2016 7:55 PM

Dec 2012
You just know that unsatisfied people and salty shippers are intentionally going to give this shitty scores just so it keeps dropping.
Mar 27, 2016 7:57 PM
Jul 2018
it's only january
serioooouslyy
Mar 27, 2016 8:00 PM

Jun 2007
-kV- said:
You just know that unsatisfied people [...] are intentionally going to give this shitty scores just so it keeps dropping.

Woah, people who didn't enjoy the show are going to rate it low on purpose to match their opinion? Holy shit, this changes my entire view on anime fans and the rating system. That's crazy.

Ragix said:
low reviews are just pushed up from the edgelords giving it a shitty score meanwhile the more 'fair' reviews are stuck in limbo

Anyone who doesn't like a show you liked is an edgelord? Nevermind, looked at your profile. Explains everything.
TallonKarrde23Mar 27, 2016 8:04 PM
Mar 27, 2016 8:11 PM

Oct 2013
Murasa22 said:
Again:

Oh, so this is the next series everyone is going to hate?
Mar 27, 2016 8:18 PM

Jun 2013
keragamming said:
Murasa22 said:
Again:

Not really.

This is very diferent from previous Key's works and probably the best thing they made so far.

Of course, 8Bit (which is the studio who its adapting) can ruin everything but i doubt that, since Aniplex is in charge of the production.
Murasa22Mar 27, 2016 8:29 PM
Mar 27, 2016 8:44 PM

Dec 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
-kV- said:
You just know that unsatisfied people [...] are intentionally going to give this shitty scores just so it keeps dropping.

Woah, people who didn't enjoy the show are going to rate it low on purpose to match their opinion? Holy shit, this changes my entire view on anime fans and the rating system. That's crazy.

Ragix said:
low reviews are just pushed up from the edgelords giving it a shitty score meanwhile the more 'fair' reviews are stuck in limbo

Anyone who doesn't like a show you liked is an edgelord? Nevermind, looked at your profile. Explains everything.

Lel, there's a difference between giving something a 6-7/10 if that's how you actually felt versus giving it a 3-4 out of spite.
Mar 27, 2016 8:46 PM
Mar 2016
Hey I'm looking for some new friends on here it'd be great for you to add me! :)
Mar 27, 2016 8:52 PM

Jun 2007
-kV- said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

Lel, there's a difference between giving something a 6-7/10 if that's how you actually felt versus giving it a 3-4 out of spite.

I gave it a 2 because of reasons I explain in my review - not "out of spite" but because there's a 10 score rating scale and I believe the show is genuinely one of the very worst things I've ever seen. How does me giving something lower than a 6 make it "out of spite" rather than a real legitimate score based on my backed up opinions?

You weren't speaking about me specifically, but I'm a good example to counter your point with. You're literally saying outright that absolutely anyone who doesn't think this was at the VERY WORST "good" doesn't truly feel that way and is rating based on some conspiracy about changing the top anime list on MAL. That opinions are only "how you actually felt" if they rate a 6 or more. That's insanely stupid and the conspiracy bit just plain insane.
Mar 27, 2016 8:58 PM

Oct 2014
Go watch grimgar , its the best this year.
Mar 27, 2016 10:19 PM

May 2010
b1GZZ said:
Boku dake ga Inai Machi has 218k watchers and Gintamaº has almost 65k. If we made a poll, which one do you believe would be named the anime of the year?
It would not be a fair vote since 218k - 65k haven't seen the other series. The result would be based on popularity not the "best anime" criteria. Everything else you said is good though.
Mar 27, 2016 10:19 PM

Oct 2015
This even not a top 3 in winter 2016 . Shouwa , Konosuba is far better in a term of adaptation.
Mar 27, 2016 10:52 PM
Sep 2015
Since Erased has finally finished, I feel like I can finally comment on this thread, and say with 50% confidence that this will probably not be the best anime of 2016 (I may eat my words as anime quality has been dropping these past few years, most notably the clusterfuck known as charlotte last year by key, the creators of angel beats= =).

However, Erased did top my list for this season though as dimension w' s main story derailed midway , grimgar left me stunned with it's complete plainness and super predictable ending, and gate... don't even get me started on the gate series... I also watched konosuba (bad even for harem anime) and aokana (a slightly better example of 90% of other failed visual novel adaptions); I regret it though...

This basically leaves the 2nd season of Ansatsu Classroom as the only other notable contender, but personally I enjoyed Erased more (though I also am enjoying the former).

The winter season is usually pretty slow though, so hopefully things heat up as the summer season approaches (so far spring 2016 looks absolutely dismal T-T).
globusMar 27, 2016 10:57 PM
Mar 27, 2016 10:56 PM

Nov 2011
TallonKarrde23 said:

Ragix said:

No, that's not what I meant, so how about you stop taking my words and slightly changing them to best fit your argument. As far as I'm concerned, you can rate it as you please, that's not my business. What I detest is one, the scoring system here on MAL, it being a scale of 1-10 which is represented TERRIBLY as we've got 'users' standards' and 'MAL standards'. Whereas the users typically believe 7-10 is a decent anime, but anything below is trash. Then, the review system which unfairly allows the 'best reviews' to be shown when your only option is to say a review is helpful. The system we have now really favors the masses of either fanboys or haters.

It allows NO viable alternate option aside from just not pushing the 'helpful' button. A review received 300 helpfuls? Wow! However, what's the number of people whom don't necessarily agree? Fuck if I know.

I could care less especially about your rating (Not in condescending way); I'm aware you have a blog where you review and your scores don't reflect on the MAL system, but of your own. That's completely fine by me, but I just find MAL's scoring system to be lacking, but the fault lies more with the users.

I'd also appreciate if we'd talk more about the topic at hand, versus using our profiles to undermine each other. Especially one I haven't even updated in at least 2 years. Otherwise why am I even talking to you? Last I recall before I went inactive from the forums, you swore off MAL forevermore because of some beef you had with the Admins, and yet, here you are.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Mar 27, 2016 10:58 PM

Aug 2009
Murasa22 said:
keragamming said:

Not really.

This is very diferent from previous Key's works and probably the best thing they made so far.

Of course, 8Bit (which is the studio who its adapting) can ruin everything but i doubt that, since Aniplex is in charge of the production.

Now you kinda got me curious...I didn't like most of the Key stuff (or, Jun Maeda stories in general) I've seen, especially the drama...so this one is really different and better? I already know that one route was written by the writer of Higurashi/Umineko, so that one is probably good, but don't know about the others.
Mar 27, 2016 11:15 PM

Jul 2014
mrmuk said:
Murasa22 said:

Not really.

Now you kinda got me curious...I didn't like most of the Key stuff (or, Jun Maeda stories in general) I've seen, especially the drama...so this one is really different and better? I already know that one route was written by the writer of Higurashi/Umineko, so that one is probably good, but don't know about the others.

If you don't mind slight/minor spoilers, you can watch Rewrite's second opening to get a better feel of what the story is like (it is indeed completely different from Key's usual stories):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0paH6SfA6_k

And personally, I do think Rewrite may perhaps be Key's overall best work.
LightBladeNovaMar 27, 2016 11:22 PM
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Mar 27, 2016 11:30 PM
Sep 2015
LightBladeNova said:
mrmuk said:

If you don't mind slight/minor spoilers, you can watch Rewrite's second opening to get a better feel of what the story is like (it is indeed completely different from Key's usual stories):

Clannad > Rewrite imo but I loved both. Since the story is already there they can't fuck it up like charlotte amirite??? :D
Mar 27, 2016 11:40 PM
Sep 2015
Ragix said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

No, that's not what I meant, so how about you stop taking my words and slightly changing them to best fit your argument. As far as I'm concerned, you can rate it as you please, that's not my business. What I detest is one, the scoring system here on MAL, it being a scale of 1-10 which is represented TERRIBLY as we've got 'users' standards' and 'MAL standards'. Whereas the users typically believe 7-10 is a decent anime, but anything below is trash. Then, the review system which unfairly allows the 'best reviews' to be shown when your only option is to say a review is helpful. The system we have now really favors the masses of either fanboys or haters.

It allows NO viable alternate option aside from just not pushing the 'helpful' button. A review received 300 helpfuls? Wow! However, what's the number of people whom don't necessarily agree? Fuck if I know.

I could care less especially about your rating (Not in condescending way); I'm aware you have a blog where you review and your scores don't reflect on the MAL system, but of your own. That's completely fine by me, but I just find MAL's scoring system to be lacking, but the fault lies more with the users.

I'd also appreciate if we'd talk more about the topic at hand, versus using our profiles to undermine each other. Especially one I haven't even updated in at least 2 years. Otherwise why am I even talking to you? Last I recall before I went inactive from the forums, you swore off MAL forevermore because of some beef you had with the Admins, and yet, here you are.

lmao when I see someone dis other people's profiles. Maybe I should make fun of him for rating psycho pass a 10 (or mfw ERASED is one the worst anime ever watched) or you for giving konosuba a 9. My point is please don't do it. What will I do when people find I rated stein's gate a 7? (inb4 I get raped lol)

Ragix has a point about the rating system for reviews as the percentage of people who vote for those is very small compared to the total number of people who watched the anime. Reviewers with large followings will easily get a skewed number of votes when they make a post opposite to popular opinion (to mobilize support) and since most people don't an effort to read all the reviews, the top voted are often those of people who have large influence. are seen first or need a place to strongly vent their feelings against/for the anime. The reviews do NOT reflect the views of the general population or even critics (btw is it just me or do critics love to go against popular opinion because they think they are demigods and have superior opinions to every one else = =?)
Mar 27, 2016 11:45 PM

Jun 2007
Ragix said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

It's easy to misinterpret what you were saying when you made it sound very specific about "edgelords giving it a shitty score". That's not hard to take and, not purposefully twisting what you said but simply genuinely by "mistake", read it as "anyone giving it a shitty score is an edgelord". In fact, I'm pretty sure it's what most people would assume you were implying because that's exactly how it sounds and even with your further reply it's still all it looks like to me. It wasn't "slightly changing your words to fit my argument" because I was never making an argument, I saw you making one and I was just pointing out that the one you APPEARED to be making was fucking dumb.

I don't disagree at all about the review system, in fact while I don't actually use anything on the site but comments to one single user and the list functions I do sometimes look at reviews - or like now, forum posts - to have private discussions about either with that one person or a few people on twitter. This lead just the other day to talking about the shitty review system here and how fucking stupid it is that they removed the "unhelpful" button or have a helpful/unhelpful system at all, let alone as the main sorting value. The only reason I replied to what you said was because of how you worded it making it come off as if you were shitting on anyone who disliked the show and claiming the reviews that were poorly rating it were "edgelords" who were just posting cobbled together piles of shit to feel like special snowflakes for shitting on a popular series - which is something that DOES happen a lot (another reason assuming it was the implication makes sense), but is far from something you could generalize with. Hell, part of the reason I refuse to post reviews here is because of exactly what you're talking about, it's not the only thing but it's definitely one of the reasons - same goes for user vs mal standards, I just don't even pay attention to people's scores because it's all nonsensical now, including my own because I only rate for my personal reference and am also fairly inconsistent about it.

If you had made it sound like you just did I wouldn't have said anything, but you specifically said edgelords giving it shitty scores - not "edgelords giving it shitty scores and fanboys giving it overly high ones". Instead only using "fair" which could be easily and legitimately interpreted as absolutely anything but negative reviews, especially on a site where people love to give a disclaimer before their typically terrible reviews of "Unlike all these other reviewers, I'm going to be fair and honest!".

With this show specifically, you say the hater or fanboy reviews typically are at the top but, and maybe this is from me not really checking them enough - aside Erased I've almost never seen this many negative reviews take the front page of an otherwise popular and high rated by many show. I think the system is more imbalanced on the side of pushing positive reviews to the top - or, worse, reviews by people that are "known" rather than for the content of the review but for the name of who wrote it no matter what they think or how they back their opinion up. Use big words, circlejerk, and there you go - you're going straight to the top and will even likely get a spot on the staff for it. There's no doubt that it's a problem for reviews and ratings, but also a problem because in most cases, as you pointed out, a show's top reviews will all be either fanboys or haters, and on a site like MAL where a lot of people actually pretend to care about reviews you end up with the entire opinion of a show changing based on what they see is the popular opinion which ends up having a meaningful impact on the overall general view and rating of the show in an unfair and insincere way.

Mods: This is all kind of a tangent but it's thread relevant because it pertains to how the show is being reflected on the site and how fans feel about the quality of it which directly impacts the question presented (whether or not Erased will be the best show of the year or not) on a broader scale. Especially true when you consider how many people actually care about reviews and will, especially in the anime community, take the opinions of a review as a strong factor in forming their own.
TallonKarrde23Mar 27, 2016 11:55 PM
Mar 27, 2016 11:51 PM

Jun 2013
globus said:
LightBladeNova said:

Clannad > Rewrite imo but I loved both. Since the story is already there they can't fuck it up like charlotte amirite??? :D

I disagree. Clannad is one of the weakest works from them. Rewrite is by far the biggest universe that they managed to create and with a lot more depth in its messages.

Rewrite has a lot of action, mystery and even gore. There is even a route with a pretty much mindblowing foreshadow about the creation of the universe and existentialism theories.

And of course, since its still a Nakige visual novel, a lot of emotional moments.

Also Jun Maeda has no involvement on the script, he only made a few songs for the game and managed some scenarios. Thats why is diferent.
Murasa22Mar 28, 2016 12:01 AM
Mar 27, 2016 11:53 PM

Sep 2014
Lol why are people suprised erased went to shit? Jesus the manga went to shit at the end. Smh
Mar 27, 2016 11:57 PM
Sep 2015
Murasa22 said:
globus said:

I disagree. Clannad is one of the weakest works from them. Rewrite is by far the biggest universe that they managed to create and with a lot more depth in its messages.

And yeah, Rewrite has a lot of action, suspense and even gore. There is even a route with a pretty much mindblowing foreshadow about the creation of the universe and existentialism theories.

And of course, since its still a Nakige visual novel, a lot of emotional moments.

I forgot I was impartial to Nagisa; I wasn't being critical in any sense :3.

Why does everyone assume you don't know anything about Rewrite just because you like Clannad better? Everyone assumes that ;-;. tbh I love Jun Maeda except that the style he uses is too repetitive. Then he created Charlotte. RIP Jun.

The real question is how many seasons is this going to be? With all that content they'll need more than three regular seasons that Little Busters aired :/.

P.S. Apparently nobody has bitched about the fact I have rated stein's gate a 7. :D
globusMar 28, 2016 12:03 AM
Mar 28, 2016 12:00 AM

Jul 2014
globus said:
Murasa22 said:

And yeah, Rewrite has a lot of action, suspense and even gore. There is even a route with a pretty much mindblowing foreshadow about the creation of the universe and existentialism theories.

I forgot I was impartial to Nagisa; I wasn't being critical in any sense :3. The real question is how many seasons is this going to be? With all that content they'll need more than three regular seasons that Little Busters aired :/.

P.S. Apparently nobody has bitched about the fact I have rated stein's gate a 7. :D

Well, since you brought it up then (not everyone is interested in stalking other people's lists, you know?), why did you rate Erased higher than Steins;Gate? I've yet to hear some specific reasons from those like you.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Mar 28, 2016 12:11 AM

Jun 2013
globus said:
Murasa22 said:

The real question is how many seasons is this going to be? With all that content they'll need more than three regular seasons that Little Busters aired :/.

We're all worried about that :T

But I'm pretty sure this is getting 36+ episodes at least. Or 1 cour with 24 and then a Moon / Terra movie. All the previous adaptations from Key has been like this (with exception of Air) and its Aniplex producing. They have big moonies :P
Mar 28, 2016 12:59 AM
Sep 2015
LightBladeNova said:
globus said:

I forgot I was impartial to Nagisa; I wasn't being critical in any sense :3. The real question is how many seasons is this going to be? With all that content they'll need more than three regular seasons that Little Busters aired :/.

Well, since you brought it up then (not everyone is interested in stalking other people's lists, you know?), why did you rate Erased higher than Steins;Gate? I've yet to hear some specific reasons from those like you.

lol I was using those entries as an example for their argument. I don't stalk lists either. But yeah to answer your question...

After finishing Stein's Gate I was surprised to find nothing about it that really touched me. It was well-made, well- executed, had great animations, visuals, and music. With nothing else that would leave me at an 8.5. That leaves the two most important elements for me: characters and story.

Most people who watched Stein's Gate found the story nothing short of exceptional. I found it was nicely crafted, executed, most loopholes explained and had a decent ending, but from episode to episode, I was never curious to find what would happen next and the only wow moment was the final jump through the time machine (really impressed me, maybe I should give the anime an 8 :/).

The suspense probably never materialized for me for two reasons: the pseudoscience and the final heroine.4

So for the first issue, as an undergrad in STEM I really find pseudoscience distasteful (or rather it annoys me). Most people wouldn't think that affects one's view of the story (more of a setting issue), but since the parallel universe theory is so central to the plot, a lot of the aha moments (like the IBM decoder, reversing D-mails) left me dumbstruck. I really tried to ignore those... but it bothered me throughout the series. The fact that the last time leap impressed me despite the pseudoscience is impressive, but not enough to reverse my overall view of the show. Although most people like to complain about things that have no explanation, I prefer none to a blatantly false one.

Once I saw who the main heroine was about 12 episodes in, it seemed to take forever to reach the finale. And when it is about what you expect (main heroine sacrifices herself but is afterwards saved), I was like wow: I predicted it... that really sucks ;-;. I ruined the story for myself. What an idiot right?

Every single character except Kirisu bothered me in some way because they had very very extreme characteristics. Honestly, it almost scared me. They needed one more normal character to stabilize the scene but there wasn't one. So each of the mini-routes kind of jarred me. I also did not like the MC. I see why he developed that personality and it adds to his character development but it really annoyed me nevertheless.

So that's how I gave the anime a 7. I try not to make my scores personal but I couldn't really give it an 8 without giving fate/zero 1st season a 9. That would mean fate/ zero 2nd season would get a 10 and angel beats an 11 and clannad after a 25...

===============================================

As for ERASED? Besides having semi-mediocre art and animation it was well executed, paced and developed. The OST was decent. This would leave me at 8 (mediocre art usually plays less of a factor for me unless it looks really bad; on the contrary extremely good art scores additional points)

Firs the story: the ending became predictable only at episode 11 (though unfortunately the culprit was revealed mid-season), which helped since that would mean I only needed to look forward to a satisfying ending (and it was one 8.5/10). Like stein's gate, events of the story jump back and forth and pieces of the puzzle fit together nicely. Though the MC's mysterious power bothers me a bit, at least no false explanation is provided...

I found the characters in ERASED to be likable and well-rounded. Character development wasn't very dynamic, but it doesn't feel forced like in Stein's Gate. The final showdown between Yashiro and Satoru was not just a battle of brains but of emotional understanding (the fact that the MC does not need to sacrifice anything does not make it less of a showdown imo as he has already been in coma for 15 years). Though we can argue Kyouma also had an internal struggle in deciding to save Kirisu, it is one that was foreseen, and was solved purely using logic. The emotional struggle throughout the series was never really resolved... it just disappeared. Maybe that just means I'm emo :P?

So yeah, maybe I should have given it an 8 but it didn't help that this anime season was terrible... I do change my ratings from time to time though so the rating may deflate later on.

If only rewrite really could be the top anime of the year... honestly I'm scared because the higher your hopes the harder you crash (e.g. Charlotte last year).
globusMar 28, 2016 1:08 AM
Mar 28, 2016 1:50 AM

Jun 2015
Are people still talking about this show? It's over now, just let it go.
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Mar 28, 2016 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
TallonKarrde23 said:

It's easy to misinterpret what you were saying when you made it sound very specific about "edgelords giving it a shitty score". That's not hard to take and, not purposefully twisting what you said but simply genuinely by "mistake", read it as "anyone giving it a shitty score is an edgelord". In fact, I'm pretty sure it's what most people would assume you were implying because that's exactly how it sounds and even with your further reply it's still all it looks like to me. It wasn't "slightly changing your words to fit my argument" because I was never making an argument, I saw you making one and I was just pointing out that the one you APPEARED to be making was fucking dumb.

I don't disagree at all about the review system, in fact while I don't actually use anything on the site but comments to one single user and the list functions I do sometimes look at reviews - or like now, forum posts - to have private discussions about either with that one person or a few people on twitter. This lead just the other day to talking about the shitty review system here and how fucking stupid it is that they removed the "unhelpful" button or have a helpful/unhelpful system at all, let alone as the main sorting value. The only reason I replied to what you said was because of how you worded it making it come off as if you were shitting on anyone who disliked the show and claiming the reviews that were poorly rating it were "edgelords" who were just posting cobbled together piles of shit to feel like special snowflakes for shitting on a popular series - which is something that DOES happen a lot (another reason assuming it was the implication makes sense), but is far from something you could generalize with. Hell, part of the reason I refuse to post reviews here is because of exactly what you're talking about, it's not the only thing but it's definitely one of the reasons - same goes for user vs mal standards, I just don't even pay attention to people's scores because it's all nonsensical now, including my own because I only rate for my personal reference and am also fairly inconsistent about it.

If you had made it sound like you just did I wouldn't have said anything, but you specifically said edgelords giving it shitty scores - not "edgelords giving it shitty scores and fanboys giving it overly high ones". Instead only using "fair" which could be easily and legitimately interpreted as absolutely anything but negative reviews, especially on a site where people love to give a disclaimer before their typically terrible reviews of "Unlike all these other reviewers, I'm going to be fair and honest!".

With this show specifically, you say the hater or fanboy reviews typically are at the top but, and maybe this is from me not really checking them enough - aside Erased I've almost never seen this many negative reviews take the front page of an otherwise popular and high rated by many show. I think the system is more imbalanced on the side of pushing positive reviews to the top - or, worse, reviews by people that are "known" rather than for the content of the review but for the name of who wrote it no matter what they think or how they back their opinion up. Use big words, circlejerk, and there you go - you're going straight to the top and will even likely get a spot on the staff for it. There's no doubt that it's a problem for reviews and ratings, but also a problem because in most cases, as you pointed out, a show's top reviews will all be either fanboys or haters, and on a site like MAL where a lot of people actually pretend to care about reviews you end up with the entire opinion of a show changing based on what they see is the popular opinion which ends up having a meaningful impact on the overall general view and rating of the show in an unfair and insincere way.

Mods: This is all kind of a tangent but it's thread relevant because it pertains to how the show is being reflected on the site and how fans feel about the quality of it which directly impacts the question presented (whether or not Erased will be the best show of the year or not) on a broader scale. Especially true when you consider how many people actually care about reviews and will, especially in the anime community, take the opinions of a review as a strong factor in forming their own.

The issues that reside in the scoring/review system have been there for an insane amount of time as well. I can't recall how long ago its been, but I remember a post when the mods announced the removal of the 'non-helpful' button as they continue to work towards re-working the system. Although it appears as time goes by it's becoming a more permanent solution. The whole Helpful/Not helpful system wasn't even great in itself, but now it's just a shit show. The problems only become more prevalent with the 'big hits' of the season as like you mentioned, the more highly regarded reviews are just the general opinion of a show formed into a review with a few 'keywords' that will gain the appeal of many users (i.e. circlejerk). Hell, I think that description fits better for what I originally meant, but then I guess I'd feel 'Edgy' for proclaiming that.

Looking at ERASED and just this discussion post in general points out the glaringly bad problems with the ranking/scoring system. I did enjoy ERASED, probably a lot more than you did, but in no way would I ever dream of giving this in my 'Top 20 anime of all time'. I like using MAL for its listing system and occasional discussions, but I can't imagine using it anymore than that. Of course, MAL being one of the larger sites, it becomes a top selection for your general anime viewer when it comes to googling an anime and learning more about it. Boom, you get hit by reviews and a score right off the bat which then can sometimes give a misleading interpretation to someone whether an anime is 'good or bad'. I bet the ERASED page gets tons of traffic and because of that, people are going to see a bizarre mixture of reviews that are just absurdly high or low, then it's just going to leave people thinking, "Well, which is it? Do I watch it or not?"

As of right now, I use my list very similarly. I mainly just use it to keep track of what exactly I've watched, but the scores are pretty much just based off of my enjoyment as well (with little to no critique). It doesn't really take much to keep me entertained either.

It's probably an issue for another topic, but it's definitely one that can correlate to this topic of how exactly ERASED is/isn't the 'best anime of 2016'. As of right now the system is just unstable and it can definitely lead to rather foul conversations if people try and use MAL scores/reviews as a base for their argument.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Mar 28, 2016 2:37 AM

Sep 2010
If this was the best anime of the year then this year will be really pitiful. (Well I don't really think it's the best anime of the season much less the year though)
Mar 28, 2016 3:43 AM

Apr 2014
ColdBreeze said:
Hitler-san said:
Wait for Berserk anime to release. The true masterpiece will replace this anime.

Berseks CGI will probably lower the score for some people.
And as for SnK, I really doubt it.

I think so, since Berserk not for kids under 18.

As for SnK the real story starts from S2 itself. And fights and plot is about to get more epic. Though I am not sure, depends on fans.
Mar 28, 2016 3:58 AM
Jun 2012
Anime of the year? Nope. Even though Erased was enjoyable with great production value, it's a really overrated and example about how you messing up the great potential material into cheap show.
Mar 28, 2016 4:24 AM

Aug 2007
ERASED is an entertaining show from start to finish with an "okay" time travel plot device. I can give the weak use of time travel a pass if everything didn't end in a way that was essentially nicely gift-wrapped with a neat bow on top. I find it hard to stomach a story of such trials and tribulations with a diabetic ending. Still a solid 8 for me even with all the people jumping on the bandwagon giving ERASED a <6 score.

So no Erased isn't in contention for AOTY for the simple fact that it cannot even hold a candle to KonoSuba's sheer entertainment value. At least for me the plot and characters are largely forgettable and that isn't something I'd consider AOTY worthy.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1398 by Layreur84 »»
Yesterday, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

616 by bakakisima »»
Apr 10, 1:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.