Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 21, 2016 12:17 PM

Feb 2015
Many site's have different kinds of versions of dragon ball z. some have for example behind a fight music, some have other music, some have no music. Why are there so many versions of dragon ball z? (idk if im allowed to ask this but where can i watch dbz with background music?)
Jan 21, 2016 12:19 PM

Jul 2015
The murican version replaced the totally awesome japanese soundtrack with some ho-hum shit.
Jan 21, 2016 12:19 PM

Aug 2014
Kissanime maybe? Make sure you are searching and picking the one named "Dragon Ball Z" because it sounds like you weren't watching that one...
Jan 21, 2016 12:31 PM

Feb 2015
Kissanime has the English dub with the original Japanese OST, if that's what you're looking for but you should rather watch Dragon Ball Kai anyway

btw these are the different versions of DBZ soundtracks:

-japanese original
-Funimation (Bruce Fuckoner)
-Ocean
-Kai (Kenji Yamamoto)
-Kai (Replacement)
AshitaNoJonasJan 21, 2016 12:35 PM
Jan 21, 2016 12:34 PM

Feb 2015
Snappynator said:
Kissanime maybe? Make sure you are searching and picking the one named "Dragon Ball Z" because it sounds like you weren't watching that one...

I do watch that one because there is no other haha, and kissanime has the wrong one.
Jan 21, 2016 12:34 PM

Feb 2015
JonasTheJay said:
Kissanime has the English dub with the original Japanese OST, if that's what you're looking for but you should rather watch Dragon Ball Kai anyway
no im already at dbz 245 so i wont change to kai anymore
Jan 21, 2016 12:35 PM

Nov 2011
Just in case you haven't seen it I highly suggest watching the prequel Dragon Ball first. Imo its superior and perhaps the third best anime ever.
Jan 21, 2016 12:38 PM

Feb 2015
Waifu_Strangler said:
Just in case you haven't seen it I highly suggest watching the prequel Dragon Ball first. Imo its superior and perhaps the third best anime ever.
im already watching dbz ;p so dragon ball idk if im gonna watch that but thats not the issue now
Jan 21, 2016 12:41 PM

Feb 2013
Thats because dubs probably, and then you have the remakes like kai.

Clebardman said:
The murican version replaced the totally awesome japanese soundtrack with some ho-hum shit.

Actually I wanna ask if thats common in the English dub to replace the japanese soundtrack for some weird music? I remember seeing the last scene in Digimon Tamers in English dub and they replaced the cool song (that its really pretty and just adds more to the feels) with some weird music that just ruined the scene for me lol

Jan 21, 2016 12:41 PM

Nov 2011
Layme said:
Waifu_Strangler said:
im already watching dbz ;p so dragon ball idk if im gonna watch that but thats not the issue now

Oh sorry just think it's worth reccomending since it doesn't share many of the issues that plague DBZ.
Jan 21, 2016 12:43 PM

Nov 2011
badwolf45f said:

Clebardman said:

Actually I wanna ask if thats common in the English dub to replace the japanese soundtrack for some weird music? I remember seeing the last scene in Digimon Tamers in English dub and they replaced the cool song (that its really pretty and just adds more to the feels) with some weird music that just ruined the scene for me lol

I think it was more common back in the 90s when localizing anime for kids. I know the Digimon movie had popular songs from the radio put in it.
Jan 21, 2016 12:45 PM

Feb 2015
badwolf45f said:

Clebardman said:

I don't think that's common at all, pretty much the only dubbing company that did that was 4kids (Yugioh, Digimon, One Piece etc). DBZ was the only anime where Funimation changed the OST, in all their other dubs they always kept the original music, as far as I know.
Jan 21, 2016 1:00 PM

Feb 2013
JonasTheJay said:

I don't think that's common at all, pretty much the only dubbing company that did that was 4kids (Yugioh, Digimon, One Piece etc). DBZ was the only anime where Funimation changed the OST, in all their other dubs they always kept the original music, as far as I know.

I see, I've heard really bad things about 4Kids, I guess I understand now :/

Waifu_Strangler said:

I think it was more common back in the 90s when localizing anime for kids. I know the Digimon movie had popular songs from the radio put in it.

Yeah...that version came to Spain, not sure if they where songs from the radio, but that "Digimon digital monsters" song was awful.

Jan 21, 2016 1:03 PM

Nov 2011
badwolf45f said:
JonasTheJay said:

I see, I've heard really bad things about 4Kids, I guess I understand now :/

Waifu_Strangler said:

Yeah...that version came to Spain, not sure if they where songs from the radio, but that "Digimon digital monsters" song was awful.

I didn't actually watch it tbh but I saw a review and it had music such as Fatboy Slim and Smash mouth I believe.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 12 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 13, 2008

15 by Dumb »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 230 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 19, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 227 Discussion

10 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 226 Discussion

11 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.