Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 19, 2016 4:04 PM
Apr 2015
Hi everyone! My handle is Misarae, though I also respond to Kofuku, since that's the name of my fansubbing operation where I'm Vice President in Charge of Everything. ;)

I'm a child of the '80's. I grew up in the U.S. watching English dubbed anime like "Voltron", "Robotech", and "Belle and Sebastian" without knowing they were Japanese animation. It wasn't until I was in college, fell in love with "Sailor Moon", and learned via the fledgling internet that most of the shows I loved as a child originally came from Japan.

I'm an oldschooler through and through. I love cel animation with all its flaws and quirks. My current subbing focus might be oldschool shoujo, but my interests range far and wide.

I still consider myself to be a fledgling translator, and there are many shows that are still beyond the scale of my current abilities. But I hope as the years go on, I continue to become more skilled and be able to translate ever more obscure or hard-to-translate anime.

And if you're wondering who to blame for me being here, that would be Johnny_B. He's the one who pointed me here, so thank him. :) I look forward to spending time with all of you!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 19, 2016 4:19 PM

Nov 2007
Welcome to the club. I'm looking forward to everything your group is/will be working on. Aishite Night, Rascal, and Lady Georgie are high up on the list of shows I really want to see. :)
Jan 19, 2016 4:28 PM
Apr 2015
HisokaHajime said:
Welcome to the club. I'm looking forward to everything your group is/will be working on. Aishite Night, Rascal, and Lady Georgie are high up on the list of shows I really want to see. :)

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

And that makes me so happy to hear (and makes me even more determined to keep working on all three). Knowing others are looking forward to what I'm working on honestly inspires me. I promise to keep doing my very best!
Jan 21, 2016 10:39 AM

Oct 2009
Hello, yes welcome. Have you any idea of an itinerary on what you'll work on in the near future or longer term aspirations?
There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first kind is excellent, the second good, and the third kind useless.
Jan 21, 2016 2:11 PM

Jan 2010
Translators are the people we love the most :P . Every new old school anime translation isn't just a source of fun, it's a lesson in history, a new perspective, a cultural revelation and much more. At least I can speak for myself when I say I'm like a kid in a candy shop whenever a classic gets translated. And I also know it can take up to 4 hours or more to translate a 20 minute video, so your work is much appreciated!
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Jan 21, 2016 2:27 PM

Jul 2010
Hello and welcome! Nice to meet you! Make yourself at home! I like both hand-drawn and computer animation. Hey, you're Kofuku?! Awesome!
Jan 21, 2016 2:28 PM

Feb 2008
Glad to have you.
Jan 21, 2016 3:45 PM
Apr 2015
Lohengram said:
Hello, yes welcome. Have you any idea of an itinerary on what you'll work on in the near future or longer term aspirations?

Well right now my main project is "Aishite Night". I've released episodes 5 - 19, and am working on the rough translation of episode 38 right now.

Once the rough translation of that series is complete. I'll be moving on to remastering/finishing "Lady Georgie", as well as translating "Araiguma Rascal" in its entirety.

I've also started translating the as-yet-untranslated episodes of "Magical Fairy Persia".

After that, I have several titles I've been working on in fits and starts. Mostly magical girl and "bad" anime. I have a love for titles that are "too bad" or "too cute" or "too pink" for others to work on. My current short term goal is to increase my comprehension of the more rapid speech patterns of '60's and '70's anime so I work on more shows from that era.

As for long-term goals, I have a lot of titles on my "bucket list".. anime I would love to do someday, but my skills aren't up to the task yet. "Haikara-san ga Tooru" and the "Kasei Yakyoku" OAVs are at the top of that list.
Jan 21, 2016 3:49 PM
Apr 2015
Boltz said:
Translators are the people we love the most :P . Every new old school anime translation isn't just a source of fun, it's a lesson in history, a new perspective, a cultural revelation and much more. At least I can speak for myself when I say I'm like a kid in a candy shop whenever a classic gets translated. And I also know it can take up to 4 hours or more to translate a 20 minute video, so your work is much appreciated!

Aw, thank you! ;) There is just so much older anime out there that have never seen an English translation, and I want to bring more fans to the shows I've come to love. I won't say how long it takes me to translate an episode *cough*, but although I may be slow, I am dedicated to the cause. It's nice to be appreciated, so thank you! My reward is seeing others being able to enjoy new-to-them series that have so far languished in relative obscurity, at least in my part of the global woods.
Jan 21, 2016 3:52 PM
Apr 2015
Firechick12012 said:
Hello and welcome! Nice to meet you! Make yourself at home! I like both hand-drawn and computer animation. Hey, you're Kofuku?! Awesome!

Thank you so much! It's nice to meet you, too! Yup, I'm Kofuku, for whatever fame or infamy that brings. XD Computer animation has grown on me. I admit it took a while. It just wasn't what I was used to, I think. I would have considered translating more modern anime, but finding current titles that a half dozen groups haven't already done is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Echelon said:
Glad to have you.

Thank you! I'm glad to be here. :)
Jan 21, 2016 4:26 PM
Jun 2012
At least someone will finish Persia. Heh.

- Mamo (Live-eviL Fansubs)
Jan 21, 2016 5:00 PM

Aug 2007
Welcome, I'm always happy to see there are still people who are willing to fansub older series. There doesn't seem to be that many anymore aside from Live-eviL that I know of. And a handful of smaller, independent translators.

Enjoy your stay and know that I and anyone else will look forward to the time and dedication you take to fansub more hidden gems for everyone's enjoyment!

Jan 22, 2016 11:36 AM
Nov 2015
Yesss!!!

I'm happy to see somebody giving old school Shoujou the love it deserves. I would be there along side you, but I don't know Japanese (yet).

Keep us posted! ^-^
Jan 24, 2016 2:38 PM
Apr 2015
mamochan said:
At least someone will finish Persia. Heh.

Well, I knew I was in for something, given that it scared off both Live-Evil and ARR. ;) But I thought I remembered liking it back when I had the first four episodes by Studio Hooseki on VHS. I have a high tolerance for "annoying kid" behavior, which is probably part of the reason Persia's "sisters" Emi and Mami are more palatable.

Hias said:
Welcome, I'm always happy to see there are still people who are willing to fansub older series. There doesn't seem to be that many anymore aside from Live-eviL that I know of. And a handful of smaller, independent translators.

Enjoy your stay and know that I and anyone else will look forward to the time and dedication you take to fansub more hidden gems for everyone's enjoyment!

Yup, Live-Evil's the one big group I know of, although I've noticed Saizen sneaks a few in there from time to time. Orphan's been doing a bunch of oldschool anime releases lately, too. But beyond that, I've seen that it's mostly independents like myself who give oldschool anime a shot.

Thank you so much. It feels like home here already, so I will definitely enjoy my stay!

RetroAni said:
Yesss!!!

I'm happy to see somebody giving old school Shoujou the love it deserves. I would be there along side you, but I don't know Japanese (yet).

Keep us posted! ^-^

I will definitely keep you guys posted! And it's okay that you don't know Japanese. One of the main reasons I've found I enjoy translating anime is seeing how excited everyone else is to be able to finally understand long lost anime, especially oldschool shoujo. That energy keeps me going, believe me!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» A Thread for talking about Akira Toriyama

MrYuVideo - Mar 10

1 by RobdeFR »»
Yesterday, 8:46 AM

Sticky: » Ongoing Old School Anime Fansubs ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RobdeFR - Jan 26, 2010

2252 by sebubibinman »»
Apr 15, 3:15 AM

» I admit, I actually find Sailor Moon to be "girlier" than Tokyo Mew Mew and that's not a bad thing

removed-user - Feb 5

0 by removed-user »»
Feb 5, 5:14 PM

» Chronological Order of Some Well Known Anime

Anakin1981 - Sep 15, 2011

40 by Anakin1981 »»
Jan 29, 11:55 PM

» The oldest anime you've watched. ( 1 2 3 )

Vulfreyde - Mar 28, 2012

134 by AverageRiceFan »»
Dec 30, 2023 9:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.