Forum Settings
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 19, 2016 10:11 AM

Jan 2014
So, I was wondering which one should I go to. And no, I'm not watching/reading both. All I'm asking is: is the story and characters good enough so that it doesn't need soundtrack, animation, etc. to make it good? If this is the case, I should read the LN. But if it's not, I'll go for the anime.

Regardless of my tastes, I'm willing to give this a try, because my classmate recommended it and all... But if you want some help, I really like Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, it's my second favorite LN, and also Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut. Also, I love SAO anime(the first 14 eps of it are simply the best piece of fiction I've ever seen in my whole life), but I know SAO is probably very different from this(some of you will say: it's the same harem thing, but plz dont bring SAO discussions to this thread, I dont wanna start a flame war).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2016 1:31 PM

Apr 2013
if you have to choose one, definitely go with the novels. The anime rushed so much lots of things require explanations from LN readers in order to not be wrongly understood as illogical/plot hole/ass pull. I could go in longer about it but anyone who open the episode discussion threads will see huge posts from me in most of them explaining why X or Y isn't dumb and why Z is happening because anime just keep skipping important stuff. For a comparison, SAO has about the same content per volume in average, and they adapted 4 volumes in 24 episodes. In Danmachi, they adapted 5 volumes in 13 episodes. And they choose to keep useless scene rather than important ones several times when they had the choice too, so it's even worse than it sounds.

Considering what you liked, I'd say you can give danmachi a try. It's not great but it's a very entertaining read, and there's a ton of likeable character accros the main series and the spin off.
Jan 19, 2016 3:54 PM

Jan 2014
Zefyris said:
if you have to choose one, definitely go with the novels. The anime rushed so much lots of things require explanations from LN readers in order to not be wrongly understood as illogical/plot hole/ass pull. I could go in longer about it but anyone who open the episode discussion threads will see huge posts from me in most of them explaining why X or Y isn't dumb and why Z is happening because anime just keep skipping important stuff. For a comparison, SAO has about the same content per volume in average, and they adapted 4 volumes in 24 episodes. In Danmachi, they adapted 5 volumes in 13 episodes. And they choose to keep useless scene rather than important ones several times when they had the choice too, so it's even worse than it sounds.

Considering what you liked, I'd say you can give danmachi a try. It's not great but it's a very entertaining read, and there's a ton of likeable character accros the main series and the spin off.

Thank you, then! I'll definitely go with the LN now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2017 8:06 PM

Jul 2012
starlessn1ght said:
Zefyris said:

Thank you, then! I'll definitely go with the LN now.

No! Go with the anime first! Though it's been more than a year so I'm too late.
よろしく!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka Volume 2 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Sep 1, 2014

3 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Feb 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Volume 18 Discussion

NaughtySempai - Apr 3, 2023

1 by Farabeuf »»
Jan 27, 9:00 AM

» How many more volumes?

RealityChanges - Aug 13, 2023

1 by majin_mark505 »»
Aug 13, 2023 9:37 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Volume 17 Discussion

Syureria - Jul 7, 2021

2 by NaughtySempai »»
Mar 15, 2023 12:38 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Volume 16 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Sep 15, 2021

1 by Playcool »»
Aug 17, 2022 4:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.