Forum Settings
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie -Rebellion-
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 15, 2016 8:04 PM
Feb 2015
So before you say there are already tons of threads out their explaining what exactly happened at the end of the brain breaking ride I call Rebellion, I want to say I have checked everywhere for an answer to this one question I still have. In the scene right before.....THE TWIST, Both Kyouko and Mami can see Madoka. Many have said she is still in her human form, just with all her memories and powers and that is how they can see her and also how Homura can grab her. However... why is Madoka still in human form??

Sorry for being late to the party, but I'm too hyped for the new Madoka continuation and I re watched the series and rebellion and came upon this riddle. Thanks for the help!
Jan 15, 2016 8:05 PM

Nov 2014
No one understands Madoka Magika. No one can help.

Jan 15, 2016 8:12 PM
Jan 2013
CavemanStyle said:
So before you say there are already tons of threads out their explaining what exactly happened at the end of the brain breaking ride I call Rebellion, I want to say I have checked everywhere for an answer to this one question I still have. In the scene right before.....THE TWIST, Both Kyouko and Mami can see Madoka. Many have said she is still in her human form, just with all her memories and powers and that is how they can see her and also how Homura can grab her. However... why is Madoka still in human form??

Sorry for being late to the party, but I'm too hyped for the new Madoka continuation and I re watched the series and rebellion and came upon this riddle. Thanks for the help!

The story is just plot hole central.

Homura just turned into satan.Why question what she can or can't do lol.

Madoka is still God lol,(the end dialog where she says that she will come back one day)

Jan 15, 2016 8:16 PM
Feb 2015
@ ExTampler There are so many theories about this show, there has to be one about this aspect. There has to be someone out there with an explanation. I believe
Jan 15, 2016 8:19 PM
Feb 2015
genesic123 said:
CavemanStyle said:

Madoka is still God lol,(the end dialog where she says that she will come back one day)

It has already been explained how homura could do what she did. My question was why did Madoka have to stay in human form when attempting to take Homura away with her
Jan 15, 2016 8:23 PM

Apr 2015
Madoka Magica was an above average series. But Rebellion was just pretentious symbolism, that literally wasn't needed.

Urobuchi even states in an interview that he wanted Rebellion to be the last movie to wrap it all up for real. But the director said to leave it open ended so they could make a sequel.

So basically he made up the ending on the spot.

They're countless places to understand rebellion and it's ending. Try Reddit for example.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2016 8:33 PM

Apr 2015
CavemanStyle said:
genesic123 said:

It has already been explained how homura could do what she did. My question was why did Madoka have to stay in human form when attempting to take Homura away with her
i think only real madoka in human form can take girls into Law of Cycle, that is why homura said "i've finally caught you"
internet is a cruel mistress
Jan 15, 2016 8:35 PM
Feb 2015
JkayW said:
Madoka Magica was an above average series. But Rebellion was just pretentious symbolism, that literally wasn't needed.

Urobuchi even states in an interview that he wanted Rebellion to be the last movie to wrap it all up for real. But the director said to leave it open ended so they could make a sequel.

They're countless places to understand rebellion and it's ending. Try Reddit for example.

I really didn't want this thread to turn into a "How you felt about the movie" post. I understand that Urobuchi wanted to end the series with rebellion. He wanted it to end with the series, he had no dream of ever continuing it as it had a conclusion. I know this. And I also know he was forced into making an open ending. But that doesn't mean he totally screwed up the story. It's not like Rebellion never happened just because you dislike the story, and all i'm asking is for anyone's thoughts on the logic behind Madoka staying in human form when cleansing Homura. Was she just overly trusting? Or was there a different reason??
Jan 15, 2016 8:36 PM

Nov 2014
They still don't know who Madoka was at the end of Rebellion. They could just see her.
Sayaka said it herself, Madoka went through all this because Homura was a special friend. She wasn't in human form either, she was in a goddess form when she did that. It's likely that she did not have her full power yet she got out of the interference field. Heck, it took her a while to materialize again. Heck, she just remembered what she was going to do.

It's likely because Kyubey interfered. Remember that Madoka's power came from Kyubey's technology, and how Madoka became interfereable came from Kyubey as well. Kyubey is able to interfere with Madoka. It's not out of the question that the alien bunny is the reason for everything, again.

Jan 15, 2016 8:37 PM
Feb 2015
pakyu said:
i think only real madoka in human form can take girls into Law of Cycle, that is why homura said "i've finally caught you"

If this was the case, why couldn't they see Madoka when she came for Sayaka at the end of the series?
Jan 15, 2016 8:40 PM

Feb 2013
She wasn't in human form when the barrier broke. At that point she had regained her powers. If you remember from the T.V. series, her power is to put soon-to-be-witches to sleep BEFORE they transform.

Homura has already transformed into a witch which is why she was able to capture her.
Jan 15, 2016 8:41 PM

Nov 2014
eturnity said:

Homura has already transformed into a witch which is why she was able to capture her.
This, as well. In order for Madoka to be able to interfere with witches, witches should be able to interfere with her as well.
Simply put, Madoka trusted Homura and got her guard down.

Jan 15, 2016 8:45 PM
Feb 2015
eturnity said:
She wasn't in human form when the barrier broke. At that point she had regained her powers. If you remember from the T.V. series, her power is to put soon-to-be-witches to sleep BEFORE they transform.

If she wasn't in human form though, Mami and Kyouko shouldn't have been able to see her. Madoka took Sayaka away and no one saw her there.
Jan 15, 2016 8:46 PM

Apr 2015
CavemanStyle said:
pakyu said:

If this was the case, why couldn't they see Madoka when she came for Sayaka at the end of the series?
are we really sure that others can see madoka when she is about to take homura
Jan 15, 2016 8:48 PM
Feb 2015
pakyu said:
CavemanStyle said:

Yes. Kyouko literally says, and I qoute, "Is that Kaname Madoka?" as she looks up to the sky at her. Mami as well aknowledges them as they come down from the sky
Jan 15, 2016 8:51 PM

Apr 2015
CavemanStyle said:
pakyu said:

Yes. Kyouko literally says, and I qoute, "Is that Kaname Madoka?" as she looks up to the sky at her. Mami as well aknowledges them as they come down from the sky
i think she said that because of the light not actually seeing madoka
Jan 15, 2016 8:52 PM

Feb 2013
Mami and Kyouko are figments of Homura's imagination, since the movies are set after the T.V. series.
Jan 15, 2016 8:53 PM

Nov 2014
CavemanStyle said:
eturnity said:

If she wasn't in human form though, Mami and Kyouko shouldn't have been able to see her. Madoka took Sayaka away and no one saw her there.
That's because Madoka took Sayaka to another place, likely another dimension. Sayaka was able to see Madoka, and even talk to her during this. She wasn't even dead yet during that time.
Madoka either made it so that she is perceivable since she thought there would be no harm doing it, there was nobody nearby and they are out of any civilization; or Kyubey's interference did something to her. Either way is logical.

pakyu said:
CavemanStyle said:

i think she said that because of the light not actually seeing madoka
You make an interesting observation, never thought about it this way.
Kyouko asks Mami "is that Kaname Madoka?" when they only see light. It is never clear whether or not they actually see her in the first place, and they don't react until Homura's power interferes.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShockedJan 15, 2016 9:13 PM

Jan 15, 2016 9:02 PM
Feb 2015
AzureDaora said:
That's because Madoka took Sayaka to another place, likely another dimension. Sayaka was able to see Madoka, and even talk to her during this. She wasn't even dead yet during that time.
Madoka either made it so that she is perceivable since she thought there would be no harm doing it, there was nobody nearby and they are out of any civilization; or Kyubey's interference did something to her. Either way is logical.

I can believe Kyuubey's interference doing something, but I just can't get behind her making herself perceivable just because. If so, how? After the isolation field was taken down, the interference should have stopped.

eturnity said:
Mami and Kyouko are figments of Homura's imagination, since the movies are set after the T.V. series.

Where the hell did you get that from? Did you even watch the series? At the conclusion of the series both Mami and Kyoko are alive and well. They are definitely not figments of her imagination. During this scene, they are back in the real world. The post series world with wraiths. In this world, only Sayaka was dead.
Jan 15, 2016 9:04 PM
Feb 2015
AzureDaora said:
Kyouko asks Mami "is that Kaname Madoka?" when they only see light. It is never clear whether or not they actually see her in the first place, and they don't react until Homura's power interferes.

Then why can Homura see and interfere with her if to her she just looks like light coming down to her?
Jan 15, 2016 9:07 PM

Jun 2015
There are alot of online sites that attempt to analyze this train wreck. As an above user stated, Urobuchi's original intentions were to have Madoka carry Homura away; however, his assistant pressured the ridiculous idea of continuing the franchise. There has been word of a recently started project by Aniplex that will possibly pickup from Rebellion and explain the plot holes, hopefully.
Jan 15, 2016 9:07 PM

Nov 2014
CavemanStyle said:
AzureDaora said:

I can believe Kyuubey's interference doing something, but I just can't get behind her making herself perceivable just because. If so, how? After the isolation field was taken down, the interference should have stopped.
It's not "just because". Literally everyone down there, on that moment, she personally knows. If she was perceivable, she wanted Homura and everyone else to see her.
How? Madoka had to do something similar right before the movie in order to get into the barrier, it's not inconceivable that she herself is able to control her power when she was able to give it to Sayaka and Nagisa.

CavemanStyle said:
AzureDaora said:

Then why can Homura see and interfere with her if to her she just looks like light coming down to her?
Go back to the series and see that every single magical girl, before they become witches, is able to see Madoka, and Sayaka was even able to talk with her. They're technically nigh-witches at this point, and so is Homura. Heck, Homura is technically ALREADY a witch at this point of time.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShockedJan 15, 2016 9:13 PM

Jan 15, 2016 9:10 PM

Apr 2015
CavemanStyle said:
AzureDaora said:

anyone who madoka is going take are able to see her, just like sayaka they have a little conversation before going into law of cycle
Jan 15, 2016 9:14 PM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion

I just assumed magic happened and left it at that. Seriously though, I have no idea what that was.
Jan 15, 2016 9:16 PM
Feb 2015
pakyu said:
anyone who madoka is going take are able to see her, just like sayaka they have a little conversation before going into law of cycle

Ok, good point. But if that was the case, Kyuubey wouldn't have made his master plan if Godoka can only be seen by the person she is taking.
Jan 15, 2016 9:20 PM

Nov 2014
CavemanStyle said:
pakyu said:

Ok, good point. But if that was the case, Kyuubey wouldn't have made his master plan if Godoka can only be seen by the person she is taking.
Why not? His plan was to take Madoka's power, and use it for the incubator's needs. They made it so that they could observe Madoka. It doesn't matter who sees Madoka as long as they can control her.

Jan 15, 2016 9:23 PM

Apr 2015
CavemanStyle said:
pakyu said:

that was because homura mentioned something about madoka or the law of cycles to kyuubey
Jan 17, 2016 6:08 AM

Mar 2015
AzureDaora said:

Wow, that never occurred to me. Makes sense now that you mentioned it, they didn't react to their respective partners either despite that they were just discussing them.

JkayW said:

That's not quite right though, it's not really an impromptu kind of thing, afaik these discussions were held at the planning phase so he still had his time to think through the ending. Shinbo's suggestion was to make the two rivals and Urobuchi mentions he was able to come up with the scenario after hearing that.

While Shinbo did indeed step in, it's not as if Urobuchi was upset about this new ending. In fact, I'd say he's happy with this ending judging from the rest of the things he said in the interview.
Feb 4, 2016 6:42 AM

Jun 2014
In fact, since when does Madoka appear in her God form complete with a chariot & minions in an attempt to purify soul gems as slowly as she did.
To me , it looked as though Madoka wanted to give Homu the special treatment. And I dont think she would mind revealing her form to the Magical girls who were there to witness it.
Feb 5, 2016 11:02 AM

Mar 2010
Truly the Evangelion of anime.

That's some signature, eh?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dimasmw - Oct 27, 2013

1042 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 7:10 AM

» Madoka Magica Rebellion is a masterpiece ( 1 2 )

JezzaC - Jan 28, 2021

65 by HigherLvLThinker »»
Aug 16, 2023 7:00 AM

» State your opinion: Did Homura REALLY do nothing wrong?

StanSayakaMiki77 - Apr 17, 2023

19 by APolygons2 »»
Jul 18, 2023 5:23 PM

» Explaining the final twist

APolygons2 - Oct 19, 2022

45 by ScionOfCyan »»
Jan 30, 2023 7:28 PM

» Plot Holes? What exactly happened between.... (movie spoilers)

Rob7 - Sep 24, 2022

18 by APolygons2 »»
Oct 19, 2022 6:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.