Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 17, 2016 7:43 AM

Jul 2009
Psajdak said:
If after all this time I didn't get chosen, while some others were even invited even without applications, I doubt I will ever have that position, anyway.

Database moderators are never recruited without application. Users may be invited to apply by staff members, but they must still go through the application and examination process. Invitation also does not guarantee that they will pass the examination.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jan 17, 2016 7:58 AM

Jan 2015
arsonal said:
Psajdak said:
If after all this time I didn't get chosen, while some others were even invited even without applications, I doubt I will ever have that position, anyway.

Database moderators are never recruited without application. Users may be invited to apply by staff members, but they must still go through the application and examination process. Invitation also does not guarantee that they will pass the examination.

Well I think that this is obvious (?)
Jan 17, 2016 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
Congratulations to all the new moderator.
Jan 17, 2016 9:13 AM

Nov 2014
This thread is better than any soap opera.
It amuses me how much people care about getting a position on MAL.
ExTemplarJan 17, 2016 9:20 AM

Jan 17, 2016 10:15 AM

Mar 2015
ExTamplier said:
This thread is better than any soap opera.
It amuses me how much people care about getting a position on MAL.

What would we do without Psajdak?
Jan 17, 2016 11:28 AM

Feb 2010
OneTrueEmiya said:

On that note, congrats to the new mods. The job of a moderator is no easy task (which I, and many others, have no intention of ever taking on), especially because of the sheer amount of time you will no doubt have to invest in controlling the forums.

In any case, this is a welcome change to our wonderful host of dictatorial overlords. I've often spoken out about how moderators no longer interact with users so much and have thus been growing more distant from us. Some, of course, have also made dubious decisions that I will probably never understand or get a decent explanation from. Here's to hoping you guys can bridge that gap and make the moderation team more capable and friendly.

starting with disputing the 30 character limit rule please

Just to clarify (again): We're DB Mods, we will not have anything to do with 'controlling the forums' or anything like that. So you should get your expectations right before you end up being unjustly disappointed with our performance.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 17, 2016 11:55 AM

Mar 2010
arsonal said:
Psajdak said:

Do nominations still work? If they do then..
I Nominate this guy:
Psajdak

If anything they have given me some good insight about the users who contribute outside of the Mod Position. Also I Just felt like It would be cool if I had something like this happened to me I would like a helping hand perhaps :v

Also what happened to your avatar? It was someone petting a fish no Psajdak?

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 17, 2016 12:10 PM

Mar 2015
Pullman said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

On that note, congrats to the new mods. The job of a moderator is no easy task (which I, and many others, have no intention of ever taking on), especially because of the sheer amount of time you will no doubt have to invest in controlling the forums.

In any case, this is a welcome change to our wonderful host of dictatorial overlords. I've often spoken out about how moderators no longer interact with users so much and have thus been growing more distant from us. Some, of course, have also made dubious decisions that I will probably never understand or get a decent explanation from. Here's to hoping you guys can bridge that gap and make the moderation team more capable and friendly.

starting with disputing the 30 character limit rule please

Just to clarify (again): We're DB Mods, we will not have anything to do with 'controlling the forums' or anything like that. So you should get your expectations right before you end up being unjustly disappointed with our performance.

Ah, my apologies. Still, having new blood in the team is better than none at all. Besides, my expectations regarding the mod team can't go any lower than they are now, so you won't be disappointing me easily.
Jan 17, 2016 12:38 PM
Jan 17, 2016 1:00 PM

Mar 2014
Good

We've been in need of new DB mods for a while now
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 17, 2016 1:27 PM

May 2008
Congratulations!
Jan 17, 2016 1:54 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Congrats to the new recruits. I'm looking forward to helping you learn the ropes.

Psajdak, your contributions are really appreciated, as I've told you in many messages in the past years I've been modding your submissions. Due to a simple misunderstanding and your current feelings of frustration, you're saying harsh words which I hope you will reconsider. Users like you are what MAL needs and thrives on. Our database would be of such less quality without the thousands of contributions you've made. I really hope you change your mind and continue submitting. Also, you saying it was a waste of your youth makes me feel sad, since I've also spent hours and hours on the database. Even if there are times when I doubt my choice of spending my time like this, at the end of the day, I still enjoy knowing I'm making this site's database better each edit at a time.

I hope you consider applying (with an application) the next time we recruit. When I saw the list of applicants and saw that your name wasn't there, I was actually a bit surprised. Unfortunately, I wrongly assumed you had done that on purpose and that you didn't want to apply to be a mod.
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 17, 2016 4:12 PM
Mar 2013
i want to become a moderator and also anichart are doing new recruits as well.
Jan 17, 2016 4:29 PM

Mar 2010
Naruleach said:
the thousands of contributions you've made.
I wonder how many badges this guy will get once they implement that feature o__O I also think the badges are a good idea it showcases the hard work/contribution you guys are mentioning.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 17, 2016 5:20 PM

Mar 2013
Now I hope the DB goes much faster.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Jan 18, 2016 2:10 AM

Feb 2007
Very nice! Now we just need the same on the manga side, I've been waiting too long to read some things that still haven't been approved/added for weeks...
Jan 18, 2016 7:58 AM
Sep 2007
Thank you for your kind words, guys - it really means much to me.
Jan 18, 2016 9:07 AM
Mar 2014
Good to see MAL recruiting more people MAL needs it, congratz and good luck to the new mods.
Jan 18, 2016 10:44 AM

Jul 2015
Welcome new moderators ;3
Jan 18, 2016 1:44 PM

Nov 2011
A little late but congrats to you guys for joining! I have more people to ping for picture reports. :p
Jan 18, 2016 1:46 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Congrats to everyone who made it in the team! =) Hope the job won't be too stressful.
Jan 18, 2016 3:07 PM

Sep 2012
Thank you all very much! I really didn't thought that I would make it, but still here I am! Let's see what the future is holding for us :) I'm looking forward to become a better and better Mod over the time^^

Rasco said:
Congrats guys. Valoon Since I know/talked to you a bit.. I'll make you my go to guy.. Or something.

Sure, just do that :D
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Jan 18, 2016 3:41 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Congrats to all the new additions to the mod team. Try not to overwhelm yourselves.
Jan 19, 2016 12:18 AM

Oct 2014
BestPanda for moderator 2017. I will rule the forums with an iron fist.

Jan 19, 2016 2:32 AM
Mar 2015
BestPanda said:
BestPanda for moderator 2017. I will rule the forums with an iron fist.

You can apply for a post right now. (How to Become a MAL Moderator.)
Jan 19, 2016 10:14 AM

Apr 2013
More staff is always welcome. So they're anime database only right? That's a lot at once. Between this and the board modifications, MAL is starting 2016 very well.
Jan 19, 2016 11:31 AM

May 2014
Why my friends turning to the dark side
Jan 19, 2016 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
I recognize none of these people
What happened to a jury of your peers
Jan 19, 2016 1:55 PM
Jan 2015
Do your best senpai!
Jan 19, 2016 9:58 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Congrats to the folks who landed these positions! Thanks a ton for your hard work in advance!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jan 19, 2016 10:38 PM

Aug 2014
I think the anime moderators deserve more credit for maintaining a vast database with dozens of updates everyday, and with new stuff like PVs being added to the load, they've got more than enough work cut out for them.

Myself, I'll continue to contribute at least every now and then. :-)
Jan 20, 2016 12:27 AM

Oct 2008
Meanwhile, you're the only site on the entire internet referring to Goku as "Gokuu"

ROFL.
Jan 20, 2016 6:48 AM

Aug 2014
Have mercy on us! Please assign a VERY ACTIVE MOD 25/7 at anime/manga discussion, we need your help to stop the onslaught on these discussion threads! If I'll become a mod, I would issue a decree where a comment/reply needs not be a one-liner sentence. And I'll ban pretentious anime threads! Me being a mod though, is an established impossibility. lol
Jan 20, 2016 9:10 AM

Jul 2015
NEW MODERATORS!!!!!!
CONGRATS!!!!!
ありがとね!
" be your self no matter what they say"
Jan 20, 2016 1:44 PM

Sep 2015
Congratz to the new moderators!!!! best of luck
Jan 20, 2016 4:34 PM

Nov 2014
VegitaFajita said:
Meanwhile, you're the only site on the entire internet referring to Goku as "Gokuu"
ROFL.
Tell us more about this Goku you are talking about.

Jan 21, 2016 1:35 AM
Mar 2015
VegitaFajita said:

ROFL.

Do you know the difference between Son Gokū and Son Goku? hint.
Jan 21, 2016 4:53 AM

Jun 2013
Congrats to the new moderators, and thanks for keeping the database up to date!

luinthoron said:
Very nice! Now we just need the same on the manga side, I've been waiting too long to read some things that still haven't been approved/added for weeks...

Same, some of the manga I've added 3 months ago haven't been approved yet, hope there was a recruitment ongoing for manga moderators too.
Jan 24, 2016 8:42 PM

Sep 2010
Do you get a message when your database edit submission is rejected? I wonder where some of my submissions have gone after a while.

Should I cite sources in order to get my database edit submission through faster?
Jan 25, 2016 7:08 AM

Feb 2010
Takata said:
Do you get a message when your database edit submission is rejected? I wonder where some of my submissions have gone after a while.

Should I cite sources in order to get my database edit submission through faster?

Normally you should get a message. And sources definitely help.
Jan 25, 2016 11:58 PM

Sep 2010
Pullman said:
Takata said:

Not that there's anywhere I can put a source when I just want to add a subbing group to an anime... I'm left wondering if myanimelist is just that backed up with database edit requests that need moderator approval, or if there is some technical fault stopping my request getting through.
TakataJan 26, 2016 1:41 AM
Jan 26, 2016 10:02 AM

Feb 2010
Takata said:
Pullman said:

Not that there's anywhere I can put a source when I just want to add a subbing group to an anime... I'm left wondering if myanimelist is just that backed up with database edit requests that need moderator approval, or if there is some technical fault stopping my request getting through.

It's probably just backed up. How long have you been waiting?
Jan 27, 2016 8:11 AM
Sep 2007
Takata said:
It happened to me that some of my characters that I added few times dissapeared due to being in queue for a long time.

If you want to check it easy way, if your characters are still in queue, go to some voice actor's page, and try (just try) to add to them characters for anime that you put into database - even if they aren't yet confirmed by mods, their names should be visible, although adding voice actors to them just yet won't work, because they need to be confirmed.

After that, just ask some mod via PM to confirm them.
Jan 27, 2016 4:31 PM

Feb 2015
Well congratulations :)
Jan 27, 2016 5:54 PM

Sep 2010
Pullman said:
Takata said:

Added the second ED theme to http://myanimelist.net/anime/30279/Yuru_Yuri_San%E2%98%86Hai about a month ago, and again a few days ago. Also added new sub-group GJM-eraser to http://myanimelist.net/anime/31043/Boku_dake_ga_Inai_Machi and Chihiro to http://myanimelist.net/anime/30831/Kono_Subarashii_Sekai_ni_Shukufuku_wo a few days ago. None of these have been approved. >.<
TakataJan 27, 2016 5:58 PM
Jan 28, 2016 8:44 AM
Jul 2015
Takata said:
Pullman said:

Added the second ED theme to http://myanimelist.net/anime/30279/Yuru_Yuri_San%E2%98%86Hai about a month ago, and again a few days ago. Also added new sub-group GJM-eraser to http://myanimelist.net/anime/31043/Boku_dake_ga_Inai_Machi and Chihiro to http://myanimelist.net/anime/30831/Kono_Subarashii_Sekai_ni_Shukufuku_wo a few days ago. None of these have been approved. >.<

I also added some stuff about 3-4 months ago and got nothing that i even forgot what i added, the edit i submitted yesterday got approved though
Jan 28, 2016 6:13 PM

Feb 2010
Takata said:
Pullman said:

Please be patient is all I can say. We'll get to it when we do. I'm currently working on the fansub queue from oldest to newest so something you submitted a few days ago will still take a while until I get to it.
Jan 30, 2016 4:05 AM

Sep 2010
Pullman said:
Takata said:

Please be patient is all I can say. We'll get to it when we do. I'm currently working on the fansub queue from oldest to newest so something you submitted a few days ago will still take a while until I get to it.
Okay... well if you say you're working on it from oldest to newest, I'll assume you'll eventually get to my requests. ...actually, some of them have gone through, so I guess that rules out any technical faults.
Mar 6, 2016 11:37 PM
Sep 2015
Thanks for all the hard work MAL moderators!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

207 by Shin_016 »»
Yesterday, 7:32 PM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Yesterday, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3331 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.