Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dimension W
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jan 17, 2016 3:10 PM

Jul 2013
Jan 17, 2016 4:31 PM
Sep 2015
I'm wondering how the doctor is related to the political peeps... the guys who were waiting at his apartment. It'll be interesting to see how the android plays out in the series.
Jan 17, 2016 6:26 PM

Oct 2012
already decided that the robot girl is my waifu.
Jan 17, 2016 6:36 PM
Jul 2011
Wow, got into this on whim from hearing the Darker than Black comparison/same author and do not regret it. First episode was on point and I'm highly interested where it goes from here. Let's go Dimension W.
Jan 18, 2016 12:16 AM

Dec 2012
That comment sounded gay, Albert.
allo
Jan 19, 2016 3:39 AM

Jul 2008
The show resonates with me and I love the opening!! STEREO DIVE FOUNDATION is a god in OP for both this series and Gangsta :D The setting looks promising and the plot certainly can be expanded :)
Jan 20, 2016 1:25 AM

Mar 2012
Dank OP is Dank.

Looks alright so far. The small bit of fighting was kinda bad but the that explosion with the doctor looked pretty cool. As for the characters, they seem ok but not too interesting. Robot girl is probably gonna be there just for fanservice half of the time, at least that's what I got from all the random close up shots on her body.
Jan 20, 2016 11:02 PM

Nov 2015
bastek66 said:
Hairy_Ninja said:
Robo-loli is very cute and I'd like to see her motivations for what she does.

How is she a loli with those tits and height?

Right?
I never understand why people keep labeling petite girls lolis. Lolis are girls that have an appearance of a ten year old. She looks like a damn teenager to me around age of 16.
Jan 22, 2016 1:42 PM
Aug 2015
Hajinnie said:
That comment sounded gay, Albert.

yep, something

Avus said:
I fxxking love that 2000GT. The grandfather of Japanese supercar...

Last time this car sold at auction for around $1.15M USD

Nice info

stand said:
Hopefully she stops hitting him.
The only slaps I will ever accept in anime are Bright slaps.

x2
Jan 22, 2016 9:29 PM

Dec 2015
OP - Badass. ED - not too shabby.

Kyoma Mabuchi seems to be stuck in the past, but we'll see.

Mira - I like this character a lot so far, but I hate their focus on her ass. WTH?

Let's see if Dimension W is going to be something that's not actually another Dimension, but something more heinous.

Looking forward to watching more, though!
Jan 23, 2016 8:54 PM

May 2015
fresh anime, this got my interest now
Jan 24, 2016 12:29 PM
Dec 2013
Drum 'n' Bass OP, amazing.
Jan 25, 2016 5:35 AM
Dec 2009
I saw gifs of the opening animation before I actually saw this and I think they got my hopes to high. Still an awesome opening though. The main characters seem interesting, getting Samurai Champloo/Cowboy Bebop vibes from the lead male and curious with where this is going.
Jan 30, 2016 5:57 PM

Oct 2013
shit that was DOPE. Kind of reminds me of a mix of Psycho-Pass and Gangsta. This could easily derail the way Gangsta did if it isn't handled right, but it has a lot of potential. I'm hyped for this.

Kyouma reminds me a lot of my good buddy @_Aisu, those damn robot haters.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 1, 2016 9:44 AM

Aug 2013
This might just be my favorite this season. This is so cool.
Feb 3, 2016 12:10 PM

Mar 2008
I found my fav for this season, also the OP isadfölafdalkfj SO good =w=
finally an anime I'll have a blast watching!
Feb 7, 2016 8:46 PM

Sep 2015
The OP for this anime gives me Chills! Plus the MC is a total bad-ass! I'll be looking forward to watching this series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2016 10:17 AM

Sep 2014
I was really enjoying the show, Mira is cute, Kyoma is badass and somewhat indifferent. The atmosphere of the show is nice. I like the animation.

Then I get slapstick comedy x2. It isn't even slapstick comedy, it is just that I see "The Slap" too much that it really makes me want to beat the shit out of the characters regardless if she is so god damn cute.
Feb 10, 2016 7:22 AM
Feb 2016
Fairly new to Anime, and really like the story. Anyone can recommend me similar Anime?

Feb 11, 2016 11:35 PM

Feb 2014
Such nice characters. The story is really interesting and I can't wait to see more.
Feb 22, 2016 7:11 PM

Jan 2016
weird first episode
Feb 27, 2016 11:45 PM

Jul 2013
I actually really liked this episode when I first watched it in Japanese a week ago. I watched the dub that was on Toonami tonight and... the voice acting just got worse throughout. Fantastic episode, but stay away from the dub on this one, people.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Feb 28, 2016 2:30 AM
Oct 2011
Hraktuus said:
I actually really liked this episode when I first watched it in Japanese a week ago. I watched the dub that was on Toonami tonight and... the voice acting just got worse throughout. Fantastic episode, but stay away from the dub on this one, people.

Hmm, I don't see how it got any worse throughout since it was pretty consistent all the way through the ep to me.

Either way I'm the opposite, thought the dub cast is off to a really good start so to each their own. I like the voice choices and Sabat's very fitting as Kyoma and Jad's Mira was pretty perfect imo. Though it's a little early to be definitive ofcourse.
DangerMouseDMFeb 28, 2016 2:54 AM
Feb 28, 2016 2:37 AM
Oct 2011
silent_voodoo said:
Fairly new to Anime, and really like the story. Anyone can recommend me similar Anime?

If you want something with a similar dynamic between the two leads you might want to give Big O a try, if you don't mind giant robots as it adds them into the mix. While ofcourse not exactly the same, Roger and Dorothy have some similar interactions as Kyouma and Mira in a way. :)

Avus said:

Neat! They animate that car so lovingly, heh.
DangerMouseDMFeb 28, 2016 2:55 AM
Feb 28, 2016 6:30 AM

Mar 2011
Haha, dat dance in the opening : P
First impressions are really good, i liked animations and characters especially .

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Feb 28, 2016 2:41 PM
Nov 2014
I watched the dub on Toonami last night and I enjoyed it. think the voice acting is off to a good start. I think Sabat is perfect for playing Kyoma imo. Overall Great episode.

5/5
Feb 28, 2016 9:37 PM

Jul 2013
DangerMouseDM said:
Hraktuus said:

Hmm, I don't see how it got any worse throughout since it was pretty consistent all the way through the ep to me.

Either way I'm the opposite, thought the dub cast is off to a really good start so to each their own. I like the voice choices and Sabat's very fitting as Kyoma and Jad's Mira was pretty perfect imo. Though it's a little early to be definitive ofcourse.

It's just a difference of opinion. I thought was a pretty average dub and the flaws of the voice acting (or rather how the recordings of the voice acting were cut together) became more obvious as the episode goes on. The way there will be no pause between sentences and the speech patterns typical to the vast majority of dubs were glaringly obvious. What baffles me is how some of the voice actors sound exactly the same as some I've heard in anime 10 or more years older. It's also disappointing to see simplified dialogue as compared to the Japanese version, but I realize that's necessary as you can only fit so many words into an episode. The lip syncing was perfect.

I typically avoid dubs exactly because they are average like this one, but I always give them a chance as every now and then I'll find an absolutely superior one (Black Butler, Haruhi Suzumiya, and Steins;Gate are good examples of this). But it's ultimately a matter of preference, and my original post was mainly directed at people like myself, who normally watch subs but do watch dubs occasionally (I think people who swear off dubs completely are pretty ridiculous). If you normally watch dubs, then this dub is going to sound normal to you. But I measure dubbed anime against voice dubbing in general, even in games and animated series that aren't Japanese (especially given that many anime voice actors are also game voice actors). I just find its quality (and most anime dubs) to be lacking comparatively. I do really enjoy a good dub. This one was disappointing.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Mar 1, 2016 6:50 AM

Sep 2009
Hey guys! Loving the anime, just started watching it now.

I might have a random question, but can someone point me to what's the dance called that Kyouma does in the opening?
xoxo
Mar 3, 2016 1:22 AM

May 2014
Show those moves Kyouma!
Pretty good first episode. dat W-axis <.<
Mar 12, 2016 3:14 PM
Sep 2015
Beautiful animation, catchy story and a lot of cyberpunk themes involved.

I dig into it instantly.

Though I'm not sure I understood, how that water gun could become so powerful by a coil?
Mar 15, 2016 10:27 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty cool so far, although I'm a bit confused lol.

Will probably enjoy this one :)
Mar 29, 2016 9:02 AM

May 2012
Pretty decent start with a quite interesting setting! Looking forward for what this anime will offer for a story!
May 1, 2016 3:39 AM
Mar 2012
Animation looks cool. Nice dances. Godly op & music.
Like most of winter season, bad sales. Since designs are very western, might do better outside jp.
Watching more for that goatee & cars.
Goldie goes gay for mc "I'll make him mine one day"
Dark scientist feels like hacker in cowboy bebop. Mary came from disney.
Interesting worldbuilding. Need more explanation on coils & why mc dislikes it, or lives in the past.
May 11, 2016 4:55 PM

Dec 2014
Do they really have to show so much awkward ass shots from Mira? wth

Fr though, I'm getting some DtB vibes so that's nice.
May 24, 2016 10:06 AM
Apr 2014
Very beautiful animation.
Great world building/Characters.
Nov 12, 2016 6:01 PM

Aug 2012
-The opening for this show is pretty cool
-Tesla coils sound a lot like Keurig cups, except they seem to be enforced more harshly
-Apparently the Kyoma dude works for the government, which I did not expect based on looks alone
-Getting some Darker than Black vibes from the infiltration of the bootleggers' hideout
-Albert Schumann dude has coils in his ears, and apparently Kyoma isn't working for the government
-How long was Kyoma knocked out in order to be able to catch Mira so close to the crime scene
-Dr. Yurizaki (who I strongly suspect is Mira's actual biological dad) seems to have sacrificed himself to do something

This seems interesting, but nothing happened in this episode aside from worldbuilding and character introductions. Nothing too impressive, but I guess that's expected for a proper opening episode that lays down the framework for the events that will follow. I will say again that the opening animation and song are actually pretty amazing.
Feb 10, 2018 1:02 AM

Jun 2017
Couldn't possibly disagree more that this is generic. It's one of the least generic anime I've seen, no contest.

ThreePercent said:

-Tesla coils sound a lot like Keurig cups, except they seem to be enforced more harshly

I got this keurig cup the other day that wasn't even a cup. No joke. Mind blown.

LeMasta said:
Do they really have to show so much awkward ass shots from Mira? wth

Believe me, it's necessary.
Alpha-MethylFeb 10, 2018 1:06 AM
Mar 15, 2018 1:32 AM

Jul 2017
I expected a lot more from this. I don't want to see upskirts and other creepy shots of something that looks like a young girl (even if she is a robot). I didn't find the main character particularly interesting; he seems like a more sedate Spike Spiegel mixed with Jet Black. Overall it's like a recreation of Tesla's story + Blade Runner, except they need to focus more on that and less on some robot girl. It seems so unfocused.

The one part I really liked was when the main guy threw those knives with the ropes on them. The shot there, following the knives through the air, was really well done.
May 26, 2019 1:15 PM

Dec 2018
SchwingBoner said:
Wow, potential AOTS right here. And the dancing in the OP was brilliant.

Great intro ep. Of coourse, the big question is whether she's human or robot.

As so many people have stated the OP and dance sequence stands outs with high quality animation. The show look promising.

The only problem I have is with the "fan-service" and sexualization of shows like this. For instance most of the android scenes are just inappropriate.
May 16, 2021 5:50 PM

Jan 2017
i'm already disliking the robot girl unfortunately
Jan 6, 2023 7:27 PM
Oct 2011
DangerMouseDM said:
silent_voodoo said:

If you want something with a similar dynamic between the two leads you might want to give Big O a try, if you don't mind giant robots as it adds them into the mix. While ofcourse not exactly the same, Roger and Dorothy have some similar interactions as Kyouma and Mira in a way. :)

Avus said:

Neat! They animate that car so lovingly, heh.

Was randomly re-watching the first episode of this show again for the first time in years, and still LOVE that so much about their relationship and interactions, that in general their banter can channel the same fun of Roger and Dorothy since I loved Big O so much. I remember it was so good to finally get something similar again after all that time back then. :D

Like, I was totally picturing "You're a louse, Roger Smith" right before Mira's first slap of Kyoma lmao.

Also, they really did go to town animating that great car CG so smoothly.
DangerMouseDMJan 6, 2023 7:32 PM
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2016

147 by Bestmilkcarton »»
Mar 24, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2016

149 by weaboo_mestre »»
Jan 9, 2023 9:26 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

154 by cheesehuffer »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:20 PM

» should i drop this

mydaddy - Mar 18, 2022

8 by rmcewen »»
Mar 19, 2022 8:10 PM

» Why The Rating?

VANSEDE - Apr 7, 2016

11 by Daninokuni »»
Jan 14, 2021 12:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.