MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 12 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Aoi Bungaku Series »» Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 12 Discussion

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
View Poll Results: Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 12 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

37 55.22%
4 out of 5: Liked it

15 22.39%
3 out of 5: It was OK

11 16.42%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 4.48%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 1.49%
Voters: 67

07-12-10, 10:25 PM

First arc 9/10 (My favorite arc)
Second Arc 8/10 (My first reacting was a big "wtf", but it slowly become highly entertaining.)
Third Arc 8/10 (A coin flip)
Fourth Arc 7/10 ((If all yaoi was made this way I wouldn't mind watching it.)
Fifth Arc 7/10 (The first episode was great, but the second was very disappointing and it ended the series in a bad note.)
Final score a 7-8/10. That's just my opinion.

07-23-10, 7:46 AM

I liked Run, Melos! the most, No Longer Human was good and the last 2 episodes, too.
8/10

08-20-10, 2:24 AM

every arc was fucking awesome..

tho Spiders thread was average damn..

09-30-10, 6:41 PM

these were some very depressing stories but they were really good...I wonder if the author's family (if he had any) was/would be proud of his work...

i find it sad that these authors create works of art but kill themselves as if they never did anything worth mentioning :(

No longer human, run melos run and kokoro were the best 2 me
Never thought that I could...never thought that I would be...
Misunderstood.

10-13-10, 12:15 PM

Nice series. My favourite arc was Kokoro.

8/10

10-30-10, 11:40 PM

Wow...absolute masterpiece!

Lawli-gagger said:
these were some very depressing stories but they were really good...I wonder if the author's family (if he had any) was/would be proud of his work...

i find it sad that these authors create works of art but kill themselves as if they never did anything worth mentioning :(

You didn't even get Kokoro. Why would it be a favorite of yours?
Modified by lucjan, 10-30-10, 11:44 PM

10-30-10, 11:53 PM

After reading some of the comments, I can see that The Spider's Thread wasn't a favorite. I guess I liked it so much because of its portrayal of the original story. It wasn't exactly accurate (the story was 6 pages long, was extremely philosophical, and there was no character development), but the animation of hell, and him clinging onto the rope was too much for me. It was beautiful in the way that it allowed me to picture the original story better.

11-10-10, 2:25 PM

I really liked Ningen Shikkaku and Jigoku Hen.

11-30-10, 10:47 AM

I would like to see more of the world of the two last episods - this brightly painted world is so colourful, so desperately bright, so interesting and dangerous!.. Art in this arc is the most impressive, and it perfectly expresses an atmosphere, like in previous arcs.

I don't understand, why most of those, who had watched this anime(it is really a masterpiece!),wrote in comments that they like "Run, Melos!" May be, I'm too pessimistic, but I don't get the way it could be as magnificent and desperately fascinating as other arcs.
I also felt something was wrong in the 8th episode - there wasn't such a usual and disappointing explanation in the book, as it was said, then why should they give it and ruin, may be, the main idea of the story?
Though I loved all the stories and now will certainly find and read them.

The atmosphere of most stories reminded me some masterpieces of my beloved native literature; there is some feeling, that lives both in Japan and Russian literature masterpieces.

So, my burning heart gives "Aoi Bungaku" 10/10 for the great interpretation of classic literature.

01-01-11, 7:49 PM

You didn't even get Kokoro. Why would it be a favorite of yours?

*SCREAMS, hides* Stop watching my posts stalker.
And as for why I liked it?...To be continued...to someone I actually know. :)
Never thought that I could...never thought that I would be...
Misunderstood.

01-12-11, 3:28 PM

So in the end he painted not only the emporer but Kandata as well? That's kind of cool.

It's really hard to rate the show overall since they were each individual stories.

No Longer Human - 6.5
In the Forest, Under Cherries in Full Bloom - 6
Kokoro - 6.5
Run, Melos! - 7
The Spider's Thread - 8
Hell Screen - 6

Averages to about 6.66. I'll give it a 7 out of respect for Japanese literature. I loved this show because I felt like it was kind of educational, even though I'm not quite sure how accurate the stories were portrayed. I feel like I'm the odd one out for liking The Spider's Thread the most, while Kokoro and Run, Melos seems to be this thread's favorites.

01-26-11, 12:32 PM

i dont understant at all why everyone liked kokoro the best.it wasnt so special and its second(filler) part was pathetic D: also wasnt it very different from its book?have you all read its book?xD (btw me didnt:P)

the Emperor, his men, the atmosphere in Hell Screen and The Spider's Thread remind me of samurai 7.hell i remember disliking samurai 7 and i hated from those stories' absurd atmosphere!the animation was good but this kind of art is just stupid in my eyes:P because all the psychological stories are drawn the same way -_- (oh btw im not including the last paint in Hell Screen,it was beautiful)

anyway i liked the stories a lot so overall 7,99 from me:P

02-08-11, 3:31 PM

reira93 said:
i dont understant at all why everyone liked kokoro the best.it wasnt so special and its second(filler) part was pathetic D: also wasnt it very different from its book?have you all read its book?xD (btw me didnt:P)

the Emperor, his men, the atmosphere in Hell Screen and The Spider's Thread remind me of samurai 7.hell i remember disliking samurai 7 and i hated from those stories' absurd atmosphere!the animation was good but this kind of art is just stupid in my eyes:P because all the psychological stories are drawn the same way -_- (oh btw im not including the last paint in Hell Screen,it was beautiful)

anyway i liked the stories a lot so overall 7,99 from me:P

Kokoro didn't really possess much filler as it just warped the events around. The animated version of Kokoro covers only a letter that was in the book. It covers around 90 pages out of 220 pages (the length of the letter). As for liking it, I suppose you'd just need to have read the book to fully appreciate the story. If Kokoro was meant to only be a 90 page story, there wouldn't be 130 other pages to it. The fact that the anime skipped more than half of the book was probably why you didn't like it so much.

As for your other dislikes... I can't say much to that :/ I personally thought the Spider's Thread was better than the original. True, Hell Screen was changed A LOT, but I don't think it was necessarily bad...

02-09-11, 6:31 AM

@lucjan: oh i didnt compare the other 2 stories to their originals..i just dont like that kind of "art"^^ dont mind me:P

anyway that's why i didnt understand why everyone(not really:P) liked kokoro the best.i dont believe they all read its book and i dont believe those 90 pages were the best compare to other stories:/ (btw i meant kokoro's second episode was filler)

05-15-11, 5:40 PM

Ratings :
No Longer Human: 10/10
In the Forest, Under Cherries in Full Bloom: 5/10
Kokoro: 8/10
Run, Melos!: 8.5/10
The Spider's Thread: 9/10
Hell Screen: 7.5/10

Overall score : 8/10
hgeronimo.png

05-27-11, 7:45 PM

No Longer Human - 9
In The Forest - 5
Kokoro - 8
Run, Melos! - 8
Spiders Thread - 5
Hell Screen - 8

Average: Approx 7.2

Plus 1 for keeping me entertained.

06-14-11, 8:34 PM

All right, I'll join in on the ratings too:

No Longer Human - 9
In the Forest, Under Cherries in Full Bloom - 7.5
Kokoro - 10
Run, Melos! - 7.5
The Spider's Thread - 8
Hell Screen - 8

Average by episodes (not by arks): 8.5

I'll decide to round up or down after I compare it to other entries on my list. What I would like to say is that I think this was a very good idea and I hope to see more anime adapted from classic literature. Although sometimes the implementation was a bit questionable, at least the stories underneath were consistently as excellent as possible. I really liked watching this.
“I can't stand pretty opinions!”

07-11-11, 4:18 AM

I don't know why I didn't finish this back when it aired. I guess I didn't have time for everything, or something.
Now that I have finished it, I kind of regret not doing so earlier.
And this Kandata guy in Spider's Thread looks a bit like Kamina, just sayin'.

Out of all the stories, I guess Osamu Dazai's works did have the most impact. They felt more "real" than the others, so to speak.
On the contrary, In the Forest, Under Cherries in Full Bloom and Kokoro somehow felt very weak. Kokoro was better than In the Forest though.
Hell Screen was quite powerful as well.

And lastly, I'm having a hard time grasping the fact that Madhouse made this.
Yes, I'm still mad at Madhouse for ChäoS;HEAd.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

08-29-11, 2:16 PM

No Longer Human: 10
In the Forest, Under Cherries in Full Bloom: 7
Kokoro: 8
Run, Melos!: 9
The Spider's Thread: 10
Hell Screen: 10

I'll give the whole show a 10/10, since i enjoyed even the weaker arcs a lot.

09-04-11, 3:34 AM

No Longer Human: 9
In the Forest, Under Cherries in Full Bloom: 6
Kokoro: 8
Run, Melos!: 10
The Spider's Thread: 7
Hell Screen: 9

average out to 8/10 but Ill give it a 9 ^^ luv it.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices