MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 12 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Aoi Bungaku Series »» Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 12 Discussion

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 12 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

38 55.88%
4 out of 5: Liked it

15 22.06%
3 out of 5: It was OK

11 16.18%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 4.41%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 1.47%
Voters: 68

12-26-09, 9:38 AM
News Team
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

12-27-09, 2:29 AM

fantastic
i knew that Ryunosuke's stories still influence a lot of Japanese Art and Literature today, but i was surprised by the similarities to various anime. I did not read this particular story by Ryunosuke and so i can only speculate, how far those anime were in fact influenced by this story.

While ep 11 is still kind of amusing, ep 12 turns totally crazy. Good thing flying sparks killed the annoying brat, so everybody introduced is dead in the end.

12-28-09, 8:12 PM

They were both amazing.

12-28-09, 9:26 PM

This story was okay, but too bloody/violent. Creepy at times>_<!everyone dies-.-"
Anyways;D
My favourite story out of aoi bungaku would be "Kokoro"
LOVED IT<3 even bought the book=]!
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL

12-29-09, 3:49 AM

Pretty good finish, loved 11, and 12 was alittle boring, but not too bad. 11 really reminded me of Jigoku Shoujo, which was probably influenced greatly by that story.

Ratings :
No Longer Human: 7/10
In the Forest, Under Cherries in Full Bloom: 5/10
Kokoro: 10/10
Run, Melos!: 9/10
The Spider's Thread: 8/10
Hell Screen: 7/10

Overall score: high 7... It's kind of hard to rate when there are some that are so brilliant, and others that are not...
Modified by llamaben, 10-17-10, 7:32 AM

12-29-09, 6:56 AM

I didn't really care for these last two stories. visually, they were great, but they were greatly lacking in the character and voice acting department. I hated that I heard Kajika's (from Hanasakeru) voice actress, and then the guy who played the two main characters from No Longer Human and In the Forest playing an old man with no variation in his voice. The king was the only fully realized character to me.

Scoring each of the stories, this is what I have.
No Longer Human: 6
In the Forest, Under Cherries in Full Bloom: 3
Kokoro: 10
Run, Melos!: 9
The Spider's Thread: 5
Hell Screen: 5

That averages out to a 6.33, which is about right since I have it scored at a 6, but entertained giving it a 7. It really is a shame Kokoro and Run, Melos! had to be grouped with the rest of the show.

12-29-09, 8:34 AM

Episode 12 was the second part of the series of the two episodes, it was about a painter who had to paint a great painting for the king. For me it was ok, but I liked the other series more.
Modified by saka, 06-13-11, 10:30 AM

12-29-09, 1:13 PM

Loved the show!!

Its really hard to explain the unique-ness...every episode leaves you basically speechless though i didnt like the 2nd arc as much i liked the other arcs..

Art : must be boring each time to complement it ;)

Kandata sort of sounded like Kanda a little.Freaky boy :S

I loved the painting of his burning daughter...paused it for a while to inspect the details...magnificient^^

Never expected these sort of illustration from animes which are based on novels..
Basically this show was an excellence amongst anime.

12-29-09, 1:23 PM

It was great. For me the best anime of the season, probably one of the best of the year.
My favorite story was Run, Melos! and then Kokoro. Though the last one, Hell Screen, was awesome. I loved how he painted the world that he saw, and the face of that annoying king when he saw his future grave was priceless...
The only thing that I'd change it'd be the first and second story. The first was too long, two chapters is enough for it. And the second I just didn't like it :|
Overall pretty good 8/10

12-29-09, 1:56 PM

Proselyt said:
fantastic

While ep 11 is still kind of amusing, ep 12 turns totally crazy. Good thing flying sparks killed the annoying brat, so everybody introduced is dead in the end.

Agreed.
Overall the show was realy good...except for that most of the stories were pretty damn saddening :(
8/10 from me

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~

12-29-09, 3:04 PM

well the last two ep where great. Always wanted to read Hell Screen and now I do even more..the paintin was just wow and I luved Kandata's eyes in The Spider's Web..so friggin red xD

hmm..sad this show has to end..I would want to hav more :( not really sure how I should rate this..would like to give this better ratin coz I absolutely loved Run, Melos, Kokoro and Hell Screen but In the Forest, Under Cherries in Full Bloom was so ugh..so I think I'll hav to give this 8/10. Definitely enjoyed watchin this. One of the best shows this year^^

I didn't want to hurt you but you're pretty when you cry. I didn't really love you but I'm pretty when I lie.

12-29-09, 7:08 PM

This was easily the greatest show all year and one of my favorites of all time.

12-29-09, 7:45 PM

I haven't read any of the original literature but...
I liked No Longer Human, Kokoro, and Hell Screen. The first was far too confusing though (4 wives? why so emo?), the seconds "moral" didn't seem to work (was it REALLY bros before hoes, that's all I got), and the third was just rather bizarre (kill it with fire).

The other three arcs were mediocre - pointless, boring, nonsensical. Bleach arc was epic fail, Run Melos! was gay, and Spiders Thread was 15 minutes of STABSTAB and 10 minutes of IM ON A ROPE.

6/10 out of respect to the original Japanese literature.

12-29-09, 7:58 PM

Great animation really like how they use the animation
8/10

12-29-09, 11:37 PM

Well i still dont understand this sentence "the masterpiece is in blue".
Does it mean that the masterpiece illustration lies within the books written by the male novelist or something??
Blue=boy , pink=girl :P

12-30-09, 2:16 AM

I loved this series. Awesome animation all around. The last 2 stories were a bit on the simple side, but I liked them too.

Linalee-Stratos said:
Well i still dont understand this sentence "the masterpiece is in blue".
Does it mean that the masterpiece illustration lies within the books written by the male novelist or something??
Blue=boy , pink=girl :P

'Masterpieces are blue'
Blue represents the emotion of sadness / tragedy, so Masterpieces make you feel the pain.

12-30-09, 3:33 AM

Wow~~ It seems the Artist draw the Kandata the killer,The Emperor's death,Mitsuki, and the thousand of innocent who die under the Gruesome treatment of the Emperor.I kinda relive when the Emperor died.I am deeply emotion when Mitsuki willing to let her father draw her death appearance when she is in the verge of death.I guess she is too sad of hearing about the truth and now she want to take revenge by death.....>.< i meant by showing how gruesome the kingdom is ,so the next generation will not do the same mistake again.

Kandata and the Emperor are both murderer.......this two character is a good example.Kandata kill for food,money or even hostility but the Emperor kill just because it is certain thing that is nuisance to his eye..[The principle of perfectness in beauty?].Hate to say,the emperor is worse than Kandata.

Episode 11:DESIRE lead to FEAR
Episode 12:JUSTICE lead to REVENGE
HAHA,Other might think different.What do you think?

Sakai's voice is really nice.His speech are full of deep feeling of gentleness and warmth that pierce could my heart .I hope he can continue his voice acting in anime industries ^^
Modified by saka, 06-13-11, 10:28 AM

12-30-09, 8:05 AM

Amazing last arc. Still not as awesome as No Longer Human, but amazing nevertheless.
Definitly the best show this season.

It's rather difficult to rate the whole series, but for me it would be as follows:

No Longer Human: 10
In the Forest, Under Cherries in Full Bloom: 8
The Spider's Thread: 8
Hell Screen: 9

This leads me to give it a 9/10 overall, which is kinda sad, since I wanted to rate it 10/10 because of those two beautiful arcs... :/

12-30-09, 10:34 PM

Saviuz said:
Amazing last arc. Still not as awesome as No Longer Human, but amazing nevertheless.
Definitly the best show this season.

It's rather difficult to rate the whole series, but for me it would be as follows:

No Longer Human: 10
In the Forest, Under Cherries in Full Bloom: 8
The Spider's Thread: 8
Hell Screen: 9

This leads me to give it a 9/10 overall, which is kinda sad, since I wanted to rate it 10/10 because of those two beautiful arcs... :/

This. All of it.

12-31-09, 12:29 AM

I had to laugh during the Spiders Thread. Kandata threw his one chance at redemption in a pretty miserable way. He was a dispicable character anyway, so the trippy hell is a good place for him.

Hell Screen had me drawing parallels to Hi no Tori: Karma. Both have artists driven purely for the sake of their art, with rather tragic results. This as the better of the two linked episodes.

Anthology series like this are hard to rate because there's very little consistency between the various arcs. But, I have to say that even the weaker arcs were still better than a vast majority of the stuff airing right now.

No Longer Human - 7.5
In The Forest - 6.5
Kokoro - 10
Run, Melos! - 9.5
Spiders Thread - 6
Hell Screen - 8

9 out of 10 for the series as a whole, mostly on account of the two brilliant arcs in the middle. Of everything that aired during Fall '09, this was the riskiest show that aired. Other than Mizuki Nana dropping two insert songs, there's not much for commercial potential here. It's art for art's sake.

Did it work out in the end? Mostly. Madhouse deserves credit for putting something like this out on TV when most studios are pumping out fan pandering stuff to keep afloat.

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices