Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 7, 2016 10:53 PM
Dec 2015
Seeing as Viz Media has acquired the distributing rights to this awesome series and will be making an English dub, I've decided to come up with a list of my personal desired voice actors for some of the cast of Hunter x Hunter (2011). Yes I know that there have been some desired voice actors list's for this anime and some of my desired voice actors may be similar to others, but I just think these voice actors are perfect for these roles. I won't be covering the entire cast and I may not include all of the more important characters as coming up with voice actors was very difficult. And I won't be including voice actors who work primarily at FUNimation like Christopher R. Sabat or Monica Rial. So here is my list of desired English voice actors for Hunter x Hunter (2011).

Gon Freecs: Erica Mendez (Voice of Ryuko Matoi from Kill la Kill and Aladdin from Magi)

Killua Zoldyck: Maile Flanagen (Voice of Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden)

Kurapika: Cathy Waseluck (Voice of Near from Death Note)

Leorio: Kyle Herbert (Voice of Kamina from Gurren Lagann)

Hisoka: Keith Silverstein (Voice of Johan Liebert from Monster)

Ging Freecs: Steve Blum (Voice of Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop and Mugen from Samurai Champloo)

Kite: Alessandro Juliani (Voice of L from Death Note)

Illumi: Brad Swaile (Voice of Light Yagami from Death Note)

Chrollo: Steve Cannon (Voice of Hoka Inumuta from Kill la Kill)

Feitan: Todd Haberkorn (Voice of Death the Kid from Soul Eater and Ling Yao from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

Meruem: Johnny Yong Bosch (Voice of Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach and Lelouch v. Britannia from Code Geass)

Komugi: Hynden Walch: (Voice of Young Nia Tepplin from Gurren Lagann and Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time)

Neferpitou: Carrie Keranen (Voice of Satsuki Kiryuin from Kill la Kill)

Shaiapouf: Sam Riegel (Voice of Viral from Gurren Lagann and Clovis la Britannia from Code Geass)

Menthuthuyoupi: Travis Willingham (Voice of Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

Colt: Yuri Lowenthal (Voice of Simon from Gurren Lagann and Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden)

Leol: Patrick Seitz (Voice of Franky from One Piece and Ira Gamagori from Kill la Kill)

Chimera Ant Queen: Laura Post (Voice of Ragyo Kiryuin from Kill la Kill)

Cheetu: Vic Mignogna (Voice of Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School Host Club)

Cheadle: Bridget Hoffman (Voice of Nia Teppelin from Gurren Lagann)

So that is my list, I apologize for not including characters like Netero, Biscuit or Alluka, but I couldn't think of any other voice actors for these characters.

Please comment in your thoughts of who you think could be good voice's for Hunter x Hunter (2011) and thanks for reading.
Jan 7, 2016 10:56 PM

Sep 2015
What a great list of people that I never heard about cause SUBS ARE BETTER THAN DUBS
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Jan 7, 2016 10:57 PM

Oct 2009
You put all this time and effort into creating a thread no one cares about.

Jan 7, 2016 10:58 PM

Apr 2015
I don't care about anyone, but just put Vic Mignogna , Todd Haberkorn and Diskin, Benjamin in the cast and it'll be great.

Don't care who they dub, just put them in there.

Edit: Couldn't help but laugh at Meruem as Johnny Yong Bosch. Wtf is this list.
JkayWJan 7, 2016 11:02 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2016 10:58 PM

Mar 2014
I don't even care about HxH to begin with

Why would I give a shit about the dub cast?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 7, 2016 11:00 PM

Apr 2015
Comic_Sans said:

Why do you even bother to comment if you don't care... -_-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2016 11:04 PM

Mar 2014
JkayW said:
Comic_Sans said:

Because this is a forum, and we are supposed to discuss
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 7, 2016 11:10 PM

Apr 2015
Comic_Sans said:
JkayW said:

But you don't care about HXH, have not watched/seen HXH, don't care about English dubs, so what would you like to "discuss" in this thread that is about HXH besides you not caring?

No one is pointing a gun to your head to be here.

But I'll have to admit, your dumb comment did provoke a discussion from me.
Jan 7, 2016 11:27 PM

Feb 2015
Hisoka is reason alone to stick with the Japanese voices.
Jan 7, 2016 11:32 PM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion
Jan 8, 2016 2:02 AM

Jan 2014
Moore_Cruise said:

Killua Zoldyck: Maile Flanagen (Voice of Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden)

I don't care about the other voices, but this is a no no.
Jan 8, 2016 2:34 AM

Mar 2014
JkayW said:
Comic_Sans said:

But you don't care about HXH, have not watched/seen HXH, don't care about English dubs, so what would you like to "discuss" in this thread that is about HXH besides you not caring?
Nothing,but I can still discuss, that's my point
No one is pointing a gun to your head to be here.
Noone's forcing you to read my comments so your analogy doesn't work
If it provokes discussion then it is good
Nico- said:
Jan 8, 2016 9:30 AM
Dec 2015
lucjan said:
You put all this time and effort into creating a thread no one cares about.
Meh, at least I tried
Mr_Man_Boy_ThingJan 8, 2016 9:33 AM
Jan 8, 2016 1:22 PM
Jun 2013
JkayW said:

Of course it's dumb, of course it provokes a discussion, that was the purpose of his post and there was nothing else to it. The smart-ass argumentation "because this is a forum" is also merely to prove you to keep on arguing. Knowing that, you can suppose that he's either overly bored or tries to annoy others and observe their reactions. Well, or both.

Just letting you know that that's really all there is to it and that you shouldn't waste your time unless you're bored, too. There's nothing to come out of that discussion to begin with.
Jan 24, 2016 10:24 AM

Jun 2015
I think Maxey Whitehead would be perfect as Gon. I'd also like Jerry Jewel to be casted as Illumi. And Crispin Freeman just has to be casted somewhere.

Comic_Sans said:

If you don't care, you had absolutely no reason to comment here in the first place.
Jan 24, 2016 10:28 AM

Mar 2014
AltoRoark99 said:
Comic_Sans said:

If you don't care, you had absolutely no reason to comment here in the first place.
I have

It's called freedom of speech
Kirua- said:
JkayW said:

Of course it's dumb, of course it provokes a discussion, that was the purpose of his post and there was nothing else to it. The smart-ass argumentation "because this is a forum" is also merely to prove you to keep on arguing. Knowing that, you can suppose that he's either overly bored or tries to annoy others and observe their reactions. Well, or both.

Just letting you know that that's really all there is to it and that you shouldn't waste your time unless you're bored, too. There's nothing to come out of that discussion to begin with.
Who's he? I'm not a he
Nico- said:
Jan 24, 2016 10:30 AM

Jun 2015
Comic_Sans said:
AltoRoark99 said:

I have

What was your reason? You asked why you would care. Nobody even assumed you would care about any of this.
Jan 24, 2016 10:32 AM

Mar 2014
AltoRoark99 said:
Comic_Sans said:
I have

What was your reason? You asked why you would care. Nobody even assumed you would care about any of this.
I told you

Freedom of speech was my reason

I don't have to care to have a reason to comment

Having freedom of speech is enough
Nico- said:
Jan 24, 2016 10:37 AM

Jun 2015
Comic_Sans said:
AltoRoark99 said:

I told you

You didn't offer anything to the discussion though. There was no point.
Jan 24, 2016 10:45 AM

Mar 2014
AltoRoark99 said:
Comic_Sans said:
I told you

You didn't offer anything to the discussion though. There was no point.
But I created discussion

Also I'll admit I commented mostly because I was pissed because OP didn't post in the sub forum instead

I wasn't trying to trigger anyone
Nico- said:
Feb 29, 2016 7:47 PM
Nov 2015
This is a really hard one. But I tried.

Gon: Teach Megumi Han English and have her do him again. If that's not possible, maybe Brittney Karbowski (Blackstar from Soul Eater)

Killua: Annika Odegard (Killua Zoldyck from Hunter x Hunter (1999))

Kurapika: Kurapika is an admittedly hard one to cast... I was thinking someone like Brina Palencia (Ciel Phantomhive from Black Butler, Touka Kirishima from Tokyo Ghoul, Ennis from Baccano!) Though maybe someone with a slightly lighter voice... But Brina was pretty good as Ciel, someone with a similar motivation and character to Kurapika, so she may be a good fit.

Leorio: Kyle Hebert (Kamina from Gurren Lagann, Fallman from FMA)

Hisoka: J. Michael Tatum (Sebastian from Black Butler, Rei from Free!, Shu from Tokyo Ghoul)

Illumi: Todd Haberkorn (Death the Kid from Soul Eater, Ling Yao from FMA:B, Firo from Baccano!, Hikaru from Ouran High School Host Club, Haruka from Free!)

Biscuit: Monica Rial (Tsubaki from Soul Eater, Rize from Tokyo Ghoul, Mey-Rin from Black Butler)

Alluka: Maxey Whitehead (Crona from Soul Eater, Czeslaw from Baccano!, Juzo from Tokyo Ghoul, Al from FMA:B)

And these are the ones I'm sure about.
See, my reasoning behind Hisoka is that in Tokyo Ghoul, J. Michael Tatum is so amazingly creepy in that show and I immediately thought that he should play Hisoka when I first heard his voice.
And for Alluka, I was thinking that because of Ms. Whitehead's history of playing characters with uncertain genders and that she's really talented. So, she should be Alluka.
Feb 29, 2016 8:21 PM

Aug 2015
Suzu-kun22 said:

Killua: Annika Odegard (Killua Zoldyck from Hunter x Hunter (1999))

No one from the 99' dub should be casted. Killua and Kurapika's voices were definitely the worst imo. Killua sounded like a fat kid and Kurapika sounded like an apathetic android. I'm not really sure who to cast though, just please not anyone from the 99' dub.
Mar 1, 2016 12:17 PM

Jul 2015
This is really unlikely, since she doesn't do anime, but could you imagine Grey DeLisle as Pitou? Holy shit.
LeviAckMar 2, 2016 10:37 AM
Mar 1, 2016 3:06 PM
Nov 2015
No one from the 99' dub should be casted. Killua and Kurapika's voices were definitely the worst imo. Killua sounded like a fat kid and Kurapika sounded like an apathetic android. I'm not really sure who to cast though, just please not anyone from the 99' dub.[/quote]

I politely disagree. I personally think that Killua's voice was the only one who actually sounded like the character she was voicing. I mean, she wasn't perfect, but I also can't think of anyone else to voice him... so...
Mar 2, 2016 10:43 AM

Jul 2015
Can't we just cast these guys?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

42 by Sorachin »»
Apr 15, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.