Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 7, 2016 5:07 AM

Aug 2015
So I just finished the anime and I'm wondering if I should start reading the manga or the webcomic instead. Has anyone read both? Which one is better and what are the differences?
Jan 7, 2016 8:00 AM

Sep 2013
web comic - original done by ONE (author), art is really bad in the beginning, gets better as it goes on

manga- redrawn version of the web comic, but with amazing art and more scenes all written by ONE

anime ends on chapter 37 of the manga, but read it from the beginning it's worth it.
the manga has redrawn about half the webcomic at the moment, so when you caatch up with the manga you can read the webcomic if you like.
Jan 9, 2016 3:37 AM

Aug 2015
ichii_1 said:
web comic - original done by ONE (author), art is really bad in the beginning, gets better as it goes on

manga- redrawn version of the web comic, but with amazing art and more scenes all written by ONE

anime ends on chapter 37 of the manga, but read it from the beginning it's worth it.
the manga has redrawn about half the webcomic at the moment, so when you caatch up with the manga you can read the webcomic if you like.

Alright. Thanks!
May 12, 2016 11:03 PM

May 2015
Noahthewise said:
What should i read? Whats the difference?
The One punch man (one) is heavily focused on humour and jokes, the drawings are bad but somehow fits and enhances the comedy of it.

The manga has better drawings and panel composition. It's almost like comparing a sketch with a photo. If the visual aspect is important for you read the manga. Not many things change until a later point of the story (current on-going arc in the manga). However it doesn't give that raw humour that I liked in the OPM from one.

With each transition from a medium to another it loses comedy and gains action. Depends on what you value more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2016 8:07 AM

Oct 2013

Thread Entitled "One punch man (one) vs. Onepunch man Manga" Merged Here.
Please use the search function, before creating a new thread to ensure your topic has not been created before. In addition, for discussions relating to a specific manga, please use the manga specific series board.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your girl

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

21 by TheHonouredOne12 »»
Apr 20, 10:49 AM

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 247 Discussion

deg - Feb 21

24 by Komlan_6 »»
Apr 18, 10:38 AM

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 246 Discussion

deg - Feb 7

17 by Komlan_6 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 245 Discussion

deg - Jan 24

26 by Komlan_6 »»
Apr 18, 10:26 AM

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 244 Discussion

deg - Dec 27, 2023

16 by Komlan_6 »»
Apr 18, 10:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.