Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2016 1:20 PM

Oct 2007
Nanaca said:
Could someone help me with the "recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" one? Up to one cour preferably.

Kurau Phantom Memory
Kure-nai

Could you recommend something for me, too?

Ryouki317 said:
Does Mahou Shoujo actually counts as an own genre?

And I would appreciate if someone could recommend a few animes ^^ I would give anything a try except from mahou shoujo xD

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. Seriously. You've probably heard of it by now, but please watch the whole thing, it's only 12 episodes. It's definitely not what you'd expect.
Jan 6, 2016 1:21 PM

Mar 2014
Tyrel said:
And thank you, Praland and JkayW~

Shuichi2 said:

Thank you, I already have 3 of those on my to watch list.

Ah, did you? I was searching through your PTW list and didn't see them, so I mentioned them xD.

I have so many on my list I don't bother adding them on PTW anymore :P

Brand said:
Shuichi2 said:

Watch an anime with less than 10k completed members

My suggestion would be: Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact!

Thank you :)
Jan 6, 2016 1:40 PM

Aug 2014
Kuromii said:
Ryouki317 said:

And I would appreciate if someone could recommend a few animes ^^ I would give anything a try except from mahou shoujo xD

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. Seriously. You've probably heard of it by now, but please watch the whole thing, it's only 12 episodes. It's definitely not what you'd expect.

Yeah, that is the one and only Mahou Shoujo anime I will try probably. Few mates recommended it to me, so I will do that, especially when Mahou Shoujo counts as a genre :)
I'm looking for other ones though, but thank you anyway :)

Jan 6, 2016 1:53 PM

Apr 2009
Kuromii said:
Nanaca said:
Could someone help me with the "recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" one? Up to one cour preferably.

Kurau Phantom Memory
Kure-nai

Could you recommend something for me, too?

Thanks. Tried them both quite a long time ago, but maybe now I'll find something to them.

As for the ones from me:
Seikai no Monshou
Uchouten Kazoku
Jan 6, 2016 1:55 PM

Oct 2007
Nanaca said:
As for the ones from me:
Seikai no Monshou
Uchouten Kazoku

Thanks a bunch :) I'll try both of them.
Jan 6, 2016 2:01 PM

Aug 2012
For this section:

Watch an anime by the same director/composer/studio as one of your favorites anime

For the same director, do I choose the anime the director worked on as a director or any position in an anime he has been involved with?

^^^ Can someone help me with this? I never got an answer.
Jan 6, 2016 2:04 PM

Sep 2013
M00ner said:
For this section:

Watch an anime by the same director/composer/studio as one of your favorites anime

For the same director, do I choose the anime the director worked on as a director or any position in an anime he has been involved with?

I would say the person needs to have the same role as in your favourite or else it kind of defeats the purpose to choose the same person again.
Jan 6, 2016 2:10 PM

Feb 2013
Can anyone help me with these? :)

• Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field

• Watch an anime with a main character that is not Japanese

• Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
Jan 6, 2016 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
Can someone recommend me something for the "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" Challenge?

Anything would be fine really, though please try to keep it under 3 cours. Preferably 1 cour. I really dislike the Sports Genre, so maybe take that into consideration, thanks :)
Jan 6, 2016 2:26 PM

Apr 2015
JustArsan said:
Can someone recommend me something for the "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" Challenge?

Anything would be fine really, though please try to keep it under 3 cours. Preferably 1 cour. I really dislike the Sports Genre, so maybe take that into consideration, thanks :)

Cuticle Tantei Inaba I found it hilarious.
Jan 6, 2016 2:27 PM
Jul 2018
-Eien- said:
JustArsan said:

Cuticle Tantei Inaba I found it hilarious.

I'll check it out right away! Thanks.
Jan 6, 2016 2:32 PM

Jan 2013
CLBGM said:
SheyCroix said:
Watch an anime with a character voiced by one of your favorite seiyuu

What if I don't have a favorite seiyuu? :v
Just picking someone whose voice sounds nice and searching through their other works should be okay.

Ryouki317 said:
I don't think mahou shoujo is a genre? Though it kinda is, but the genres shown in the anime's page are the ones that apply, I think.
Jan 6, 2016 2:38 PM

Sep 2014
Signed up for hard again. Not sure if I will be able to complete it. I expect myself to watch much less anime than I watch in 2015. Anyways, I hate the Seiyuu challenge because I have none. Time to look up some I liked again...

delija9091 said:
Anyone a recommendation for some good 80's anime? Can be based on my anime list, but I am generally open for everything as long as it is around two cours long.

It would probably also make sense to stick this thread at the top of the section like the sign-up thread.

Seems like you didn't get an answer so here are my recs:

- Legend of the Galactic Heroes (long series)
- Castle in the Sky (Movie)
- Area 88 (short'ish OVA series; this one is rather mediocre imho but still worth watching for the experience imho. Also can be used for less than 10k members challenge like I did last year.)

Tyrel said:
» Watch an anime with a target demographic that does not apply to you:
  i.e. shounen if you're a female in her 20s

Need some recs as a male in his 20s xD~ (Hard to find when I've watched so much so I can't think of any)

Try Sakamichi no Apollon. It's Josei, so for women in your age.
Jan 6, 2016 2:42 PM

Aug 2014
aifukola said:

Ryouki317 said:
I don't think mahou shoujo is a genre? Though it kinda is, but the genres shown in the anime's page are the ones that apply, I think.

Well, too bad, but I thought so, too. Then I will have to watch some Shounen Ai for the disliked genre challenge :/ ^^
Anyway, could someone recommend me some animes for the "Recommended by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"? As I said, everything except of Shounen Ai and Mahou Shoujo would be appreciated :)

Jan 6, 2016 2:42 PM

Oct 2009
Any sugestions?
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

And some "unknown" for this one » Watch an anime by a director/composer/studio you don't know
Jan 6, 2016 2:45 PM

Sep 2014
Forgot I had a question as well. For the 3 cour challenge: Are split cours allowed? So e.g. Durarara S2 aired as 3 split cours. If I watch all three do they count here?
Jan 6, 2016 2:48 PM
Jul 2015
RogerG said:
Any sugestions?
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

And some "unknown" for this one » Watch an anime by a director/composer/studio you don't know

Elfen Lied. Try it.

Can't help you with the second question though, sorry.
Jan 6, 2016 2:49 PM

Mar 2013
Ping Pong The animation for the first.

No one can really help you on the second. We don't know what you don't know. Maybe try the Berserk movies if you don't know the works of the director or composer.
Jan 6, 2016 3:02 PM
Oct 2015
Can we re watch anime to add to our list?? I re watched Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl) this yr and I re watch Omamori Himari and Special A to celebrate another yr of anime.
*finger guns*
Jan 6, 2016 3:05 PM

Jan 2013
Raey_H said:
Can we re watch anime to add to our list??
I would say no. Only for the rewatch part.
Jan 6, 2016 3:06 PM

Jun 2015
I think it is allowed but not couraged.
Jan 6, 2016 3:11 PM

Sep 2013
Raey_H said:
Can we re watch anime to add to our list?? I re watched Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl) this yr and I re watch Omamori Himari and Special A to celebrate another yr of anime.

Only if you rewatch all the episodes in 2016, if you are currently rewatching it, but have already started last year, then no. However, I would like to encourage you to rather watch new anime, since this is the purpose of this challenge.
Jan 6, 2016 3:24 PM

Jul 2013
Does a mention of Anime in the list include movies? Or is that restricted to questions which explicitly say movies in the question? (For example, the anime with less then 10k completed, can I watch a movie that has less then 10k completed on its entry instead?)

Oh and any sugestions for the "anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" for me? Appreciated B)
ImDigitalJan 6, 2016 3:30 PM
Jan 6, 2016 3:31 PM
Jul 2015
ImDigital said:
Does a mention of Anime in the list include movies? Or is that restricted to questions which explicitly say movies in the question?

Oh and any sugestions for the "anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" for me? Appreciated B)

I think you can use movies for any question, but I'm not completely sure.

As for your second question, Donten ni Warau is awesome and you should watch it!
Jan 6, 2016 3:54 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Nanashi_x3 said:
It might be a pretty dumb question but when you say "watch an anime that aired between 1981 and 1990" or "watch a horror anime" etc. does it have to be a tv anime or can it also be a movie, ova... ? :)

ImDigital said:
Does a mention of Anime in the list include movies? Or is that restricted to questions which explicitly say movies in the question?

Any type can be used.

CLBGM said:
SheyCroix said:
Watch an anime by a director/composer/studio you don't know

Series composer or music composer? :v
SheyCroix said:
Watch an anime with a character voiced by one of your favorite seiyuu

What if I don't have a favorite seiyuu? :v

1 - any composer? as long it's a composer xD
2 - Just pick one whose voice you like the most

Miragee said:
Forgot I had a question as well. For the 3 cour challenge: Are split cours allowed? So e.g. Durarara S2 aired as 3 split cours. If I watch all three do they count here?

No, it has to be on a single entry

delija9091 said:
Raey_H said:

Only if you rewatch all the episodes in 2016, if you are currently rewatching it, but have already started last year, then no. However, I would like to encourage you to rather watch new anime, since this is the purpose of this challenge.

Basically this. If you decide to re-watch something for one of the items you will need to watch all the episodes this year...
SheyCroixJan 7, 2016 3:57 AM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 6, 2016 3:55 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
Miragee said:

If we are going by the same rules as last year, no. You have to watch an anime with and and and episode count of (around) 39 in a single DB entry. Since Durarara! is split up entries they do not count.
Jan 6, 2016 4:01 PM

May 2010
Ryouki317 said:
aifukola said:

Well, too bad, but I thought so, too. Then I will have to watch some Shounen Ai for the disliked genre challenge :/ ^^

Tbh I don't see anything wrong about going with mahou shoujo... After all MAL has some ridiculous 'genres' like demons or vampires xD And it doesn't says specifically you have to follow MAL tags, there is plenty of sites which acknowledge magical girls as a proper (sub)genre. Or you can just use it as 'magic', which is usually used for mahou shoujo shows (though not only, of course).

Ofc I might be wrong, but that's how I see it at least :D
Jan 6, 2016 4:04 PM

Nov 2008
Would appreciate any suggestions for the following:
Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

What I've Completed
Jan 6, 2016 4:14 PM

Mar 2013
MinKr said:
Would appreciate any suggestions for the following:
Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

What I've Completed

Ping Pong The Animation.
Tatami galaxy

@Movies: Movies are fine. You can use whatever. But using series makes the challenge harder.
Jan 6, 2016 4:16 PM

Sep 2010
If anybody was looking into doing the Korean/Chinese anime bonus challenge I have two Korean recommendations from what I had personally watched.

Coffee Samurai
Silly and cute, only 30 minutes long. Fair warning though, it has bad sound quality at times.
Yobi, The Five-Tailed Fox
Charming, kid-friendly film that focuses on friendship.
Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Jan 6, 2016 4:45 PM

Jun 2012
Could someone recommend me

• an anime with a non-human main character:
  • an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field
  • an anime with a main character that is not Japanese:

What I've Completed

Jan 6, 2016 5:54 PM

May 2015
Dadarklord1109 said:

What I've Completed

For the first one, I could recommend the Kirby anime just because, but that's long at 100 episodes so I'm just going to recommend Wolf's Rain(the characters transform into humans but they are really wolves.)
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jan 6, 2016 6:06 PM

May 2012
Kitsu-nee said:
Ryouki317 said:

Tbh I don't see anything wrong about going with mahou shoujo... After all MAL has some ridiculous 'genres' like demons or vampires xD And it doesn't says specifically you have to follow MAL tags, there is plenty of sites which acknowledge magical girls as a proper (sub)genre. Or you can just use it as 'magic', which is usually used for mahou shoujo shows (though not only, of course).

Ofc I might be wrong, but that's how I see it at least :D

I think we do this challenge because we want to have fun by adding some spice into watching animes. I think we can set our own rules and if you consider Magical Girl as a justified genre, then there's no problem :) No one's gonna watch your list and say "hey ! You don't deserve to own that "completed challenge" badge !" :P

Of course, if you don't think it's an appropriate genre, then don't lie to yourself !
Jan 6, 2016 6:10 PM

Jun 2012
RainyRai said:
Dadarklord1109 said:

What I've Completed

For the first one, I could recommend the Kirby anime just because, but that's long at 100 episodes so I'm just going to recommend Wolf's Rain(the characters transform into humans but they are really wolves.)

Thanks! That's actually been on my watchlist for awhile. Not sure why I didn't think of that one...

Jan 6, 2016 6:13 PM

Mar 2013

Anyone, please?

My completed list in case you need it.
Jan 6, 2016 6:30 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
mirana said:

Anyone, please?

My completed list in case you need it.

Darker Than Black or Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom if you want action
Higashi no Eden if you want something short but interesting
Jan 6, 2016 6:38 PM
Jul 2018

Need a recommendation, I am not picky so go with what you like.
Thanks AngelShiva

If anyone is looking for a cute romance ONA or short series (5 min eps) watch There She Is!! very pleasant with a nice message.
removed-userJan 6, 2016 7:24 PM
Jan 6, 2016 6:45 PM

May 2012
Dadarklord1109 said:

What I've Completed

Professional : You can try Golgo 13 or Tiger & Bunny
non japanese character : Afro Samurai (not 100% sure about this one), Rose of Versailles (old but really good, and you enjoyed gankustuou so you might enjoy it)

Drobie said:

Need a recommendation, I am not picky so go with what you like. Thanks.

If anyone is looking for a cute romance ONA or short series (5 min eps) watch There She Is!! very pleasant with a nice message.

I recommended these to you. Your pick :)

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Otona Joshi no Anime Time
Sakamichi no Apollon
Tokyo Marble Chocolate
One Outs
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199
AngelShivaJan 6, 2016 6:51 PM
Jan 6, 2016 6:58 PM

Aug 2012
i need a recommendation. My head hurts trying to figure out a lot of what I want to watch

Watch an anime with a main cast mainly of one gender
Watch an anime with adults as the main cast

Watch an anime with a non-human main character
Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field
Watch an anime with an archetype as a main character
Watch an anime with a main character that is not Japanese

Choose a random trope from TVTropes and watch an anime listed under the trope
AcropyreJan 6, 2016 7:11 PM
Jan 6, 2016 7:17 PM

Nov 2014
Acropyre said:
i need a recommendation. My head hurts trying to figure out a lot of what I want to watch

Amagi Brilliant Park, Trinity Seven, Acchi Kocchi, Campione! and Hamatora the Animation. That should hopefully be a wide enough range of genres that you find one you like in there!

Watch an anime with a main cast mainly of one gender
Yuru Yuri, Is The Order a Rabbit?, Kinmoza, K-On!, Non Non Biyori; pretty much any slice of life. Strike Witches if you're looking for action and don't mind fanservice.

Watch an anime with children as the main cast
See above, they fit both criteria.

I've heard people say many good things about Baccano!

Choose a random trope from TVTropes and watch an anime listed under the trope
See the trope button at the top of the page? Click that as many times as you want until you find an anime that sounds interesting, and you're good to go.
Jan 6, 2016 7:23 PM

Aug 2012
I will use Kinmoza s2, and Amagi Brilliant Park

I still need:

Watch an anime with adults as the main cast
AcropyreJan 6, 2016 7:39 PM
Jan 6, 2016 7:41 PM

Jul 2015
Acropyre said:

I still need:

Watch an anime with a non-human main character

You could watch Assassination Classroom
-
-

「 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘴, 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘥. 𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘺. 」
◐ -

-
Jan 6, 2016 7:47 PM

Mar 2013
Dadarklord1109 said:

• an anime with a non-human main character Plastic Memories
  • an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field GTO
  • an anime with a main character that is not Japanese: Aldnoah Zero

What I've Completed

Acropyre said:
I will use Kinmoza s2, and Amagi Brilliant Park

I still need:

Watch an anime with adults as the main cast Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199
Watch an anime with a non-human main character Plastic Memories
Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his fieldGTO
Watch an anime with an archetype as a main character Shokugeki No Souma
Watch an anime with a main character that is not Japanese Michiko to Hatchin

I'd go with these. Man this character limit is tuff
Jan 6, 2016 8:04 PM

Jun 2012
AngelShiva said:

Professional : You can try Golgo 13 or Tiger & Bunny
non japanese character : Afro Samurai (not 100% sure about this one), Rose of Versailles (old but really good, and you enjoyed gankustuou so you might enjoy it)

Thanks Ill check those out.
AudioTsunami said:
Dadarklord1109 said:

• an anime with a non-human main character Plastic Memories
  • an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field GTO
  • an anime with a main character that is not Japanese: Aldnoah Zero

What I've Completed

I'd go with these. Man this character limit is tuff

Thanks! I've already seen GTO. Got any other recommendations for that category?
Dadarklord1109Jan 6, 2016 11:54 PM

Jan 6, 2016 8:11 PM

Aug 2012
Thanks AudioTsunami

I'm putting Michiko to Hatchin and Uchuu Senkan .. now my plan to watch is complete
Jan 6, 2016 8:37 PM

Aug 2012
delija9091 said:
M00ner said:
For this section:

I would say the person needs to have the same role as in your favourite or else it kind of defeats the purpose to choose the same person again.

So I watch an anime in which the director, from one of my favorite anime, is directing another series?
Jan 6, 2016 10:17 PM

Mar 2013
Dadarklord1109 said:
[

Thanks! I've already seen GTO. Got any other recommendations for that category?

Hajime No Ippo (Boxer)
Koe De Oshigoto (H-game Seiyuu)
Nodame Cantabile (Composer or is he a student in the first season?)
Planetes (Astronauts)
Uchuu Kyoudai (Astronauts)
Paradise Kiss (Model/Fashion Designer)
Jan 6, 2016 10:20 PM

Oct 2011
Hi, I've got a question about the 2016 anime watching challenge. You said ongoing shows cannot be used unless they are still airing after Dec 31st or if they are longer than two cours. Do you mean December 31st of 2016 or 2015? Thanks~
Jan 6, 2016 10:20 PM

Mar 2013
M00ner said:

So I watch an anime in which the director, from one of my favorite anime, is directing another series?

Yup, last year I think it was worded more open ended, but this year it seems to be the position.

Tendon_Unajuu said:
Hi, I've got a question about the 2016 anime watching challenge. You said ongoing shows cannot be used unless they are still airing after Dec 31st or if they are longer than two cours. Do you mean December 31st of 2016 or 2015? Thanks~

I think that meant shows that you are already watching. So Fall season carryover

Which I think is cheating either way. but that seems to be what it means.
Jan 6, 2016 10:34 PM

Oct 2011
thanx. one more question. do 2016 winter shows (ones that are freshly airing this season) count??
Tendon_UnajuuJan 6, 2016 10:38 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

87 by ISeeLifePeople »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Which season of Attack on Titan do you guys prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 5 hours ago

19 by Nirinbo »»
8 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

53 by Lijm04 »»
22 minutes ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - 7 hours ago

10 by Zarutaku »»
28 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime? ( 1 2 )

BuddhaIsBetter - Yesterday

52 by VivaceRex »»
54 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.