Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2016 8:19 AM

Oct 2014
delija9091 said:
Based on your list you could probably like:
Nanatsu no Taizai
Shokugeki no Souma
Hajime no Ippo
Ushio to Tora

If you prefer something darker:
Berserk
Hellsing Ultimate

usuis said:
For something short I'd probably recommend Mondaiji-tachi, seems like something you might enjoy.

Thanks for the help guys :) Looks like cool all of them.
Jan 6, 2016 8:36 AM

May 2014
I also need an anime with a non Japanese main character. I've seen quite a bit of anime so a few recs would be great
Jan 6, 2016 9:13 AM

Jun 2015
If I watch something and put this in for, let's say "Sci-fi" for example, and I happen to watch something else I'd like to put in that category, can I change what I already put down into a different category?
Jan 6, 2016 9:27 AM

Jun 2013
Hello there !! I need a recommendation for this challenge:

~Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant~

Here's my completed list, any genre is OK :D Thanks in advance !!

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mewrel?status=2&
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~
Jan 6, 2016 9:50 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
I require assistance for this part:

Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

I like school anime, romance, mystery, that kind of stuff.
Jan 6, 2016 9:56 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Mewrel said:
Hello there !! I need a recommendation for this challenge:

~Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant~

Here's my completed list, any genre is OK :D Thanks in advance !!

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mewrel?status=2&

How do you feel about Kaichou wa Maid-sama

I didn't see it on your list
Jan 6, 2016 9:59 AM

Jul 2015
"Choose an anime from the predictive search using a generated random word
tip: use this site to generate a random word"

Can someone explain this to me?
Let's say I got the word "Flower"
What now?
nimushyJan 6, 2016 10:10 AM
-
-

γ€Œ π˜›π˜©π˜¦ 𝘡𝘳𝘢𝘡𝘩 π˜ͺ𝘴, 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘀𝘩𝘒𝘯𝘨𝘦π˜₯. π˜‰π˜­π˜’π˜€π˜¬ 𝘡𝘰 𝘸𝘩π˜ͺ𝘡𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘴𝘡π˜ͺ𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘺. 」
◐ - βœ‰

-
Jan 6, 2016 9:59 AM

Mar 2014
Could someone help with these:
Watch an anime with less than 10k completed members
Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
Jan 6, 2016 10:04 AM

Feb 2014
γ€€» Watch an anime with children as the main cast

does the main cast from little witch academia count as children, i don`t know how old they are?
Jan 6, 2016 10:05 AM

Jan 2013
TrashDax said:
If I watch something and put this in for, let's say "Sci-fi" for example, and I happen to watch something else I'd like to put in that category, can I change what I already put down into a different category?

Sure as long as you've put an anime with the correct challenge, doesnt matter if you've listed an anime for that challenge already, as long as there's 1 it's fine.
Jan 6, 2016 10:08 AM

Jul 2015
SirensRequiem said:

You could watch
Danganronpa
Lalalalaalalallalalaka
-
-

γ€Œ π˜›π˜©π˜¦ 𝘡𝘳𝘢𝘡𝘩 π˜ͺ𝘴, 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘀𝘩𝘒𝘯𝘨𝘦π˜₯. π˜‰π˜­π˜’π˜€π˜¬ 𝘡𝘰 𝘸𝘩π˜ͺ𝘡𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘴𝘡π˜ͺ𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘺. 」
◐ - βœ‰

-
Jan 6, 2016 10:11 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Memphis_Tennesse said:
SirensRequiem said:

You could watch
Danganronpa
Lalalalaalalallalalaka

Score, thanks! I've been meaning to watch that actually
Jan 6, 2016 10:14 AM

Aug 2015
Ahmm , Can anyone tell me what counts as an ONA and which might be some good ones ? I can't seem to find any.
Jan 6, 2016 10:14 AM

Oct 2014
Kyuss said:
@zombie
I'm watching shigatsu for that one and I see it's on your ptw, can't personally recommend (it's apparently top 20 so ye) but it's romance for sure.

JkayW said:
zombie_pegasus said:
I have seen rec.
I'm using that anime for "Watch an anime that started airing the same season you joined MAL".

Here's my sign-up sheet if it's useful: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1469513&show=50#msg44081683

Reccomendation would be Amagi Brillant Park, since it seems you like Kyoto animation
Or Madoka Magica: Rebellion, since you're watching the other 2 movies.

And a wholesome relationship I have no idea.

Thanks! Now the only ones I have left are meant to be done later in the challenge.
Jan 6, 2016 10:21 AM

May 2014
Can someone recommend me a few shows?
Preferably mature and dark. Or just something you think I might like, based on my list. Thanks!

Z-Dante said:
Ahmm , Can anyone tell me what counts as an ONA and which might be some good ones ? I can't seem to find any.

Anything that's tagged as ONA should count.
Eve no Jikan, Rain Town, and There She Is!! are all pretty good.

coromandelJan 6, 2016 10:28 AM

Jan 6, 2016 10:26 AM

Dec 2015
Anybody wanna recommend me an anime for the challenge? I'd love a good horror anime if you got one :D

Memphis_Tennesse said:

What now?

Just stick Flower in the search bar at top right and pick one of the anime that is suggested. (I think.) :)
Jan 6, 2016 10:31 AM

May 2010
I'm excited, because it's going to be my first anime challenge (⌐ Ν‘β–  ΝœΚ– Ν‘β– ) I choose medium difficulty, I doubt I'll be able to finish it but ehh, who cares, fun is more important :D
Jan 6, 2016 10:31 AM

May 2014
spartakiss said:
Anybody wanna recommend me an anime for the challenge? I'd love a good horror anime if you got one :D

Perfect Blue
Cossette no Shouzou
Hellsing Ultimate
Yonimo Osoroshii Grimm Douwa

Jan 6, 2016 10:34 AM

Jul 2015
spartakiss said:

Memphis_Tennesse said:

What now?

Just stick Flower in the search bar at top right and pick one of the anime that is suggested. (I think.) :)

Oh I see, thanks!
And you could watch Another or Elfen Lied
-
-

◐ - βœ‰

-
Jan 6, 2016 10:35 AM

Dec 2015
Thanks coromandel!! :D Edit: And Memphis too

@Kitsu-nee: Good luck! This is my first anime challenge too~
Jan 6, 2016 10:43 AM

Jul 2012
So can someone give me an example for your motivation for the challenge. I want to do it myself but at the same time don't, cause 2-3 years ago binged through a lot of series (probably should've done challenge that time instead of lurking) so kinda watched what i wanted. And if i've started the challenge, would've chosen hard, but pretty much know that won't finish it. And after all my years of watching my priorities changed a lot. So for now just following new seasons and reading manga. Asking about motivation because maybe some thoughts would really convince me at least to try.
Jan 6, 2016 11:17 AM

Oct 2014
allenjke said:
So can someone give me an example for your motivation for the challenge. I want to do it myself but at the same time don't, cause 2-3 years ago binged through a lot of series (probably should've done challenge that time instead of lurking) so kinda watched what i wanted. And if i've started the challenge, would've chosen hard, but pretty much know that won't finish it. And after all my years of watching my priorities changed a lot. So for now just following new seasons and reading manga. Asking about motivation because maybe some thoughts would really convince me at least to try.
If you mainly like following seasonals you can see which 2016 anime fit the requirements of the challenge and hope that you can get over 20 to fit. If not then you can ask here for recommendations.
Jan 6, 2016 11:25 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Watch an anime that started airing the same season you joined MAL

I joined in August 2009, so I'm wondering

http://myanimelist.net/anime/3594/Tears_to_Tiara

Would this one work?
Jan 6, 2016 11:26 AM

Oct 2011
It might be a pretty dumb question but when you say "watch an anime that aired between 1981 and 1990" or "watch a horror anime" etc. does it have to be a tv anime or can it also be a movie, ova... ? :)
Jan 6, 2016 11:28 AM

Jul 2012
zombie_pegasus said:
allenjke said:
If you mainly like following seasonals you can see which 2016 anime fit the requirements of the challenge and hope that you can get over 20 to fit. If not then you can ask here for recommendations.

Welp, the start of the winter season is not promising at all (at least for me), so i'm still thinking. Just don't want it go to waste if at some point determine to start the challenge.
allenjkeJan 6, 2016 11:34 AM
Jan 6, 2016 11:29 AM

Oct 2011
SirensRequiem said:

Would this one work?

I'd say no because August 2009 would be Summer 2009, and this anime started in April 2009 which is Spring 2009.
Jan 6, 2016 11:30 AM

Jun 2015
The bonus challenges are brutal. I will still do them.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 6, 2016 11:31 AM

May 2010
SirensRequiem said:

Would this one work?

It's from spring season, so I doubt it :| You should look for something that started airing in June, that's when summer season starts.
Jan 6, 2016 11:31 AM

Sep 2011
Shuichi2 said:

Angel Beats
Cowboy Bebop
Mushishi
Samurai Champloo
Jan 6, 2016 11:36 AM

Sep 2013
allenjke said:
Welp, the start of the winter season is not promising at all (at least for me), so i'm still thinking. Just don't want it go to waste if at some point determine to start the challenge.

All anime watched during 2016 are eligible for the challenge not only the ones after you start the challenge. So you can simply watch the anime you like and include the ones that fit a challenge after you started.
Jan 6, 2016 11:41 AM

Sep 2011
» Watch an anime with a target demographic that does not apply to you:
γ€€γ€€i.e. shounen if you're a female in her 20s

Need some recs as a male in his 20s xD~ (Hard to find when I've watched so much so I can't think of any)
Jan 6, 2016 11:41 AM

Aug 2010

Guess I'll need a recommendation. Anything is fine, provided that it's neither a LN advertisement or extremely popular (doesn't need to be obscure either, just not on the popularity level of Naruto/Shingeki No Kyojin etc.)

I'd like to have at least 2 choices if possible, but 1 is fine too.
Jan 6, 2016 11:42 AM
Apr 2013
Can someone give me something for "Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1940"
that i didn't watched before? or can I just rewatch something of them because I can't find anything that I didn't watched.
Jan 6, 2016 11:51 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Nanashi_x3 said:
SirensRequiem said:

Would this one work?

I'd say no because August 2009 would be Summer 2009, and this anime started in April 2009 which is Spring 2009.

Aaaaand I totally didn't see that you could click the summer 2009 part of the entry!
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6129/Umi_Monogatari:_Anata_ga_Ite_Kureta_Koto
This will work then

Next question:

Watch an anime which began airing between 1981 and 1990
γ€€» Watch an anime which began airing between 1991 and 2000

Do anime movies count? I found some old shorts that would work for the earlier ones too
-renn-Jan 6, 2016 12:11 PM
Jan 6, 2016 11:52 AM

Apr 2015
Tyrel said:

Need some recs as a male in his 20s xD~ (Hard to find when I've watched so much so I can't think of any)

Neon Genesis Evangelion? Maybe... I don't know since you have watched A LOT and you have not seen it.
Koi Kaze.
JkayWJan 6, 2016 11:59 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2016 11:56 AM

Jun 2015
kallah said:

Guess I'll need a recommendation. Anything is fine, provided that it's neither a LN advertisement or extremely popular (doesn't need to be obscure either, just not on the popularity level of Naruto/Shingeki No Kyojin etc.)

Nana
Ergo Proxy
Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi
Prison School
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 6, 2016 11:58 AM

Jul 2011
Tyrel said:

Josei:
Nodame Cantabile
Ristorante Paradiso

Shoujo:
Fushigi Yuugi
Gakuen Alice

Any of them should made it.
Jan 6, 2016 12:01 PM

Mar 2014
Tyrel said:
Shuichi2 said:

Angel Beats
Cowboy Bebop
Mushishi
Samurai Champloo

Thank you, I already have 3 of those on my to watch list.
Jan 6, 2016 12:04 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
Shuichi2 said:

Watch an anime with less than 10k completed members

My suggestion would be: Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact!
Jan 6, 2016 12:04 PM

Sep 2011
And thank you, Praland and JkayW~

Shuichi2 said:
Tyrel said:

Angel Beats
Cowboy Bebop
Mushishi
Samurai Champloo

Thank you, I already have 3 of those on my to watch list.

Ah, did you? I was searching through your PTW list and didn't see them, so I mentioned them xD.
TyrelJan 6, 2016 12:18 PM
Jan 6, 2016 12:08 PM

Aug 2010
katsaroulhs said:
kallah said:

Nana
Ergo Proxy
Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi
Prison School

Thanks! I'll go with either Nana or Kenichi (not sure if I'll like the other 2).
Jan 6, 2016 12:11 PM

May 2015
Quick question, This is gonna sound dumb but would an anime like sextra be allowed or is hentai not allowed, even though its for a genre i dont like.
Jan 6, 2016 12:48 PM

Jan 2013
megadrivesonic said:
Quick question, This is gonna sound dumb but would an anime like sextra be allowed or is hentai not allowed, even though its for a genre i dont like.
I think it's allowed, it's basically a genre like any other, so unless it's forbidden in the rules, I think it should be fine.
Jan 6, 2016 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
SheyCroix said:
Watch an anime by a director/composer/studio you don't know

Series composer or music composer? :v

SheyCroix said:
Watch an anime with a character voiced by one of your favorite seiyuu

What if I don't have a favorite seiyuu? :v
Jan 6, 2016 1:05 PM

Jul 2012
Basically decided at least to try the challenge. So, just the dumb question - can i post clear sign-up form and edit the message throughout the year?
Jan 6, 2016 1:07 PM

Apr 2009
Could someone help me with the "recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" one? Up to one cour preferably.
Jan 6, 2016 1:07 PM

Oct 2014
allenjke said:
Basically decided at least to try the challenge. So, just the dumb question - can i post clear sign-up form and edit the message throughout the year?
I think that's the idea. You post the blank sign-up form and change it as you progress through the challenge.
Jan 6, 2016 1:09 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
katsaroulhs said:
The bonus challenges are brutal. I will still do them.

Honestly, the anime bonus challenges are way easier than the manga ones. Catch up to a long running 300+ series? Sure...going to take weeks. Still going to try.

The anime ones are a cake walk compared to that alone.
γ€€
» Finish an on-hold or dropped anime (I got a billion of those)
» Watch a Korean or Chinese anime (A little harder but I'm sure I'll find half decent movie)
» Watch an anime that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched (Already have a few of these on my PTW list)
» Watch an anime recommended to a title you have in your Favorite Anime in your profile (Come on super easy and likely to be something you like)
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1940 (found a short)
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1941 and 1960 (found a short)
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1961 and 1980 (found a short)
» Watch an anime series that you can finish in one day (I can watch a one course anime in a day, but you could also watch one of those 3 min episode shows)
BrandJan 6, 2016 1:17 PM
Jan 6, 2016 1:10 PM

Jul 2012
zombie_pegasus said:
allenjke said:
I think that's the idea. You post the blank sign-up form and change it as you progress through the challenge.

Thanks! Just made a quick preview about spring upcoming season and seems like there is no hope =/ But whatever.
Jan 6, 2016 1:15 PM

Aug 2014
Does Mahou Shoujo actually counts as an own genre?

And I would appreciate if someone could recommend a few animes ^^ I would give anything a try except from mahou shoujo xD

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - 36 minutes ago

7 by Otakupervert890 »»
35 seconds ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

36 by Vendicator »»
3 minutes ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Yesterday

36 by inim »»
6 minutes ago

» What animes/manga where you suprised where made by the same creator?

Lol1268 - 9 hours ago

18 by MichaelJackson »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - 5 hours ago

19 by Vendicator »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.